Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 1/11/2010 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

this has to be one of my all time favorite mascara, and it makes me sad that not many share my love for it. The first time, i tried it with just the mascara, and i found that it didnt clump at all and lengthened nicely so at first i was like meh full n soft does the same thing, but the next time when i applied it after my liquid liner (lancome artliner) i found that it thickened at the bottom and fanned it out beautifully, lemme tell you, i was SHOCKED hehe, so using it with some form of eyeliner tightlined into the eyelashes acts as a thickener & just let the mascara do the rest of the work & my eyelashes looked crazy good in photos btw. As for the smell, i always liked rose scented things so i never had a prob with the smell & found it fades quickly, & i got it for $5 at walmart, so...hey ya never know until ya try :).
Edit: I've repurchased, but with waterproof this time around, I'm still loving it, applies like the original and lasts just as long. Just love.

Uggh, this product was so clumpy! My eyelashes felt like they were glued together in big clumps, it was so bad! The formula for this was not right at all. I did like the packaging, however- the yellow and blue was a cute combination. ;)

Unfortunately, this mascara smudges and also caused stinging of my eyes. CG Lash Blast is HG material.

on 1/10/2010 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I was wary of trying this mascara after all the bad reviews that i had read on here about it, but i decided to purchase it and turns out it is a very good mascara!
Yeah its a big brush but it works, it gave my eyelashes heaps more volume and length. I did put on more than one coat though as i like the full eyelash effect.
I have not noticed the smell, but I'm not one to smell mascara before i put it on.
I would recommend this mascara if you want more volume and length, i would purchase this mascara again.

on 1/10/2010 6:12:00 PM

This is an amazing Mascara, people commented how nice my eyes looked the first day I wore it. The brush may be a little too big as it kept getting on my skin. But it is a great product, I'll defiantly buy again. :)

on 1/10/2010 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is clumpy, and theres always a huge clump at the end of the brush. Has an ok brush, nothing great. I also find this has a funky smell to it. Used it a few times and everytime ended up with it flaking all over my face by the end of the night. Even got in my contact. Very cheap price though! I like lash blash better for cheapie mascara.

on 1/10/2010 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

First off.... the scent is not supposed to smell like roses. They aren't intending to do so. The scent is the collagen in the mascara which gives the plumpness

Price is getting ridiculous. Drugstore makeup used to be cheap but now they're raising the prices for some reason. I mean 7 or 8 dollars? Crazy

The only thing i don't like is how fast it dries up thanks to the collagen but when you first open the mascara it doesn't work as well as after a few days. Idk, that's kinda weird. I guess it just works better when it's dried up a little. But it does flake after 7 or 8 hours. I've been through quite a few tubes of this but the waterproof version doesn't work at all!

This works AMAZINGLY with Lash Blast applied first then Colossal or apply Colossal first then MUFE Smoky Lash!

I will buy again over and overrrrr

on 1/10/2010 1:29:00 PM

I love this mascara, it's cheap and gets the job done! It says on the package to not apply more than one coat, so I would advise against that. But really, you don't need more than 1 coat with this. There are probaly better mascaras out there if you can afford to pay a whole day's salary for it, however I cannot and this works fine :)

surprisingly good product, especially for the price. it makes my lashes look good. the only complaint i have is the brush. i prefer the rubber brushes and this one is the bristle ones. but other than that, it gives as good of lashes as my lash blast (my favorite).

on 1/8/2010 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I surprisingly like this product. Works just as well as the more expensive department store brands, but the price is much better.

It does seem to flake a bit by the end of the day, but the volume and look is way worth it.