Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 1/10/2010 1:29:00 PM

I love this mascara, it's cheap and gets the job done! It says on the package to not apply more than one coat, so I would advise against that. But really, you don't need more than 1 coat with this. There are probaly better mascaras out there if you can afford to pay a whole day's salary for it, however I cannot and this works fine :)

surprisingly good product, especially for the price. it makes my lashes look good. the only complaint i have is the brush. i prefer the rubber brushes and this one is the bristle ones. but other than that, it gives as good of lashes as my lash blast (my favorite).

on 1/8/2010 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I surprisingly like this product. Works just as well as the more expensive department store brands, but the price is much better.

It does seem to flake a bit by the end of the day, but the volume and look is way worth it.

on 1/8/2010 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I never thought I'd be writing a 5 lippie review about a Maybelline mascara. Every single one I've tried has smeared underneath my eyes, and that is one thing I absolutely cannot stand in a mascara.

Anyway, The Colossal is giving my HG, CG Super Thick Lash, a run for its money. It gives great volume, but also adds some length as well. The wand is chubby but workable. It doesn't smear. And it's easy to take off at night.

The only thing weird about this mascara is its super strong fake rose smell, like cheap soap or something. It doesn't bother me as I only notice it when I first open the tube, but if you're sensitive to smells I'd steer clear.

Update 2/9/2010: After being open for a couple of weeks, this mascara starts flaking really badly. Really big chunks under the eye that are difficult to wipe away. Taking off 2 lippies.

on 1/8/2010 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is the one of the best drug store mascara that I have ever used. I use this as my everyday go-to mascara. I like the volume that it gives my lashes but it's nothing dramatic. I took two lippies off because it smudges on me.

on 1/7/2010 4:32:00 PM

This is my favourite mascara. After trying this I am not trying anything else. This mascara gives me all I want from a mascara. It gives me a lot of volume, some lenght and make my lashes curly. It is not drying my lashes feel very soft the whole day. It doesnt flake and it doesnt clump. It is very easy to take it off, you just need some warm water .After trying all the high end brands this is the best mascara.

on 1/6/2010 3:46:00 PM

I found this on clearance at Target. The package came with two and I thought I would give the extra to my sister. Well, I'm keeping it. This is a pretty solid good mascara - holds curl, volumizes and separates. I bought this in Glam Black. Surprisingly it is easily removable - you don't have to scrub and worry about losing lashes. I agree w/ other MUA reviewers saying the packaging is chunky. Anyway, I recommend this one.

on 1/6/2010 1:57:00 PM

This is good for a drug store mascara. It does what it says, adds volume and I have short thin asian lashes.

on 1/5/2010 10:03:00 PM

Personally not a fan of the bright yellow packaging, but it does help to quickly find it than my other make-ups. ;)

I'm not a big mascara person because I'm Asian, and even if I push my lashes up enough to make them "curl", they never stay, but this definitely pumps up the volume of my lashes, makes them look longer, that I actually don't mind wearing them.

I also got two for $10 on a sale, and I'm definitely not adverse to its affordable price. :)

i was kind of shocked when i first applied this. the results are quite dramatic and im impressed. i dont know if its the greatest, but for the price, im very happy and i'll keep buying it.

Popular Mascaras