July 22, 2014 | 1042 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2009 9:12:00 AM More reviews by miszsarah09

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have the water proof and regular version of this. I like them both, but they clump reallllly bad! ANd you have to like brush out your lashes after applying. I really wanted to love this stuff. I guess I'll be going back to my more expensive mascaras, they never let me down.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2009 8:22:00 AM More reviews by nliedel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was so excited to buy this. I really wanted it to work and some of the reviews were fantastic! Sadly, it stank like a skunk and clumped like wet clay on my lashes. I've had the tube for a week now and it's already starting to dry out. I live in Michigan, it's moist here. Almost English Weather, but colder. Nothing dries out.

I'm tossing it and giving up on Maybeline mascarra's forever. After years of being my HG's, they've let me down for the last time.

I really wanted to love this, too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 8:15:00 AM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

This mascara's not tooo bad, I think it adds volume and there is definite length and separation. It does go on a little wet so be careful when applying, but other than that I like how it makes my lashes look thicker, and I didn't mind the scent. You smell it for like a second when applying it and it's not even bad imo. I definitely notice the thickening and separating, even hours after wearing it, like it more than CG's lash blast. I do feel that over time this mascara has underperformed. It starts to feel dry going on, It doesn't glide on the way I like it to, which is kind of annoying. It also flakes. I have other mascaras that I've had for way longer that still perform well. Also I had an issue with this was the packaging...The little ring on the top of the tube would sometimes come off, making the wand gooooped with the mascara! I am able to fix it, but I shouldn't be dealing with it in the first place. Maybe I just had a defective tube. Won't be buying this again though, I'll just stick to L'oreal...

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2009 8:12:00 PM More reviews by rachaelfrem

I agree with another commenter about how the formula seemingly changed. The first time I bought this....it was great! Loved it! The next two times I bought it however, it was horrible. The tube dried out fast, and it applied clumpy. It didn't deliver the same results I had the first time I bought it by a long shot!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by valleychic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Colossal Volum' Express--Classic Black

I was not impressed at all by this mascara. It did not add volume to my lashes although it did add some length. The formula is wet and it does not flake or clump. The brush is large and round and I have a hard time applying the product on my lashes. I end up with mascara on my lids. This mascara has a scent that I dislike. The worst thing about this product is that it smudges and gives me raccoon eyes. I will not buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2009 5:43:00 AM More reviews by bobbob616

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading so many mixed reviews about this mascara, I've decided to give it a try since I have medium length and straight Asian lashes. The smell (as expected) is weird but it works wonders for my lashes!!! I can see the improvement in length and volume after 2 coats. It doesn't clump if you apply the coats when it's still wet. Definitely the best volumising mascara I've used.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2009 10:04:00 PM More reviews by kellywilson0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I had read rave reviews about this mascara, so I figured I'd try it out. To be honest, I wasn't really all that impressed...it clumped more than my Maybelline Full 'n Soft, and didn't provide the volume/length that my Full 'n Soft and my Cover Girl Lash Blast did...plus, it ended up all under my eyes...not a good look. Overall, I won't be repurchasing this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2009 7:01:00 PM More reviews by mamamanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is alright I prefer it over some other drug store mascaras but I, like some others, noticed the formula being different from tube to tube. My friend bought hers the same day and times I have used hers it makes my lashes more cleanly defined whereas mine has a thicker consistency. It gave me a fair amount of curl but my lashes do tend to curl quite easily. I gave this to my mother as i got over it pretty fast. She loves it as she has super thin lashes and finds it hard to get a mascara that doesn't irritate her eyes. It doesnt flake on me and dries quite fast so its good for a rushed natural day. I would honestly say a 3.5

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by portalhop

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a lottttt of compliments when I first started wearing this mascara. It held a curl, made my lashes super long, and gave them volume. But, after using this for about a week, the consistency started to wear down. It was really weird. My lashes started to flake and look spidery. I don't think I'll buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Valentina1234

I bought this when it first came out and it gave me great lashes. They looked like false lashes. The formula was wet and it took time to dry.

After two months, I purchased it again, and I noticed there wasn't much mascara in it. After I used it two or three times, the tube was empty.

Recently I purchased it again and it was dry. I returned two tubes and rebought it, and they too were dry. They change the formula as soon as the new batch it gone. This is stupid as no one is buying it anymore and they are selling them, buy one and get one free. One mascara that's good is better than a million that are bad. Maybelline has a new formula eveyr month. Give us a good product.

When I put on the new mascara, my eye was irritated. I took them back.

I do not need a mascara tube that has no mascara in it. Instead of spending money on new campaigns, give us a mascara that has product in it and lasts.