Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 1/1/2010 1:21:00 PM

Bought this last night and wore it this morning. I think this product is pretty good for the price. It does have a chemical smell but you really only smell it when you're putting the product on. As far as performance, it does a good job volumizing but doesn't really lengthen my lashes. It doesn't clump either so that's a plus.

on 12/31/2009 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

i love this product. i usually wear two mascaras to really thicken my lashes but this mascara really thickens them.

on 12/31/2009 11:06:00 AM

I said yes on repurchasing but I'm still not sure. I got this last night and I am wearing it today. There is a very strange smell to the mascara and it still smells after I put it on that's the biggest gripe I have with this mascara. The packaging also isn't very hand-friendly. It is kind of bulky. The mascara itself, other than the smell, is alright. My lashes look dark and full. I curled my lashes before putting on the mascara and its holding alright. To be honest this would probably be a decent if not good mascara if it didn't smell so bad.

**EDIT: I LOVE this mascara!! It is awesome! Lots of volume, thickness, even length!. Still not a fan of the smell but I've been using this everyday since I got this and its grown on me... def repurchasing this

on 12/30/2009 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is such an amazing mascara. It really makes my lashes thicker and longer. It makes me look like i have fake lashes on. Its so cheap too. Would def repurchase.

on 12/29/2009 7:25:00 PM

This is frickenn amazing..I love it, best drugstore mascara I've ever used. It makes my lashes much thicker looking, it doesn't flake, I don't even curl my lashes and it makes them look curled. Other mascaras I've used I put them on, and my lashes look pretty, all separated and pointed and curled up..but then 20 mins later..they're just straight. This one keeps them long and curled looking all day. Loveeee it. I got it in a pack that came with 2 for $7 at Target 2 weeks ago...they might still have the deal..go check!

on 12/29/2009 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have "barely there lashes." It lengthens and gives volume without looking to dramatic. Great for work.

on 12/29/2009 11:36:00 AM

My friend was using this mascara and she said she really liked it so I bought it and have used it every since. It's been a year now, and I still get the colossal. I love it.

on 12/27/2009 10:27:00 PM

I really, really like this mascara. It doesn't clump, very pigmented, and it makes my lashes look nice, thick and long. My only issues with it are A) the smell - it smells very chemically and fake and B) I've had the opening part break off on two seperate bottles? It's kind of odd, but it hasn't happened recently. All in all, this is an awesome mascara for the price. I've tried many high end ones that don't even come close.

on 12/25/2009 12:50:00 AM

I've been using this for awhile now. They had a 2 for 1 deal so I figured I'd pick it up because I've never had a mascara that I've been wild about and figured I'd continue my search and try this. This stuff is pretty good, probably the best I've had. I've been using the same tube for a long time now and it still is not clumping or drying out (and I don't keep it in the fridge). It definitely adds a lot of volume and a little bit of length too, and I can use a ton of it and it doesn't look clumpy. The only bad thing is that even though it's not waterproof it is a PAIN to get off, granted I do load up my lashes with it. When I take it off at night I can never get all of it off with my Almay Oil Free Makeup Remover pads no matter how hard I try, but this is a very minor annoyance because when I wake up I just take another pad and wipe it a few times under each eye and problem is solved! Overall a really good mascara. I'm going to try Intense XXL® Volume + Length Washable Microfiber Mascara next to see if I can get some length and curl too, but if that doesn't deliver I'll definitely go back to this. My eyelashes are already pretty long and curl up on their own for the most part, but I just want to try it out.

EDIT: I tried the Intense XXL Volume + Length, and I actually like the Colossal Volum' better. It gives more volume and length in my opinion and I don't see a huge difference in curl with the other. Both good mascaras, but I'm going to stick with this one.

on 12/24/2009 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I purchased this because I managed to get it for 3 dollars.
I like this mascara, it is definitely one of the better mascaras that I have tried. It gives you a lot of volume, a bit of seperation, and a tad of lengthening. It can be a bit tricky to apply, if you do it one way; it will be clumpy. Another way; it will leave clumps at the end of the lashes.
I would choose lashblast over this mascara any day because: 1. Lashblast is easier to apply. 2. You dont have to risk clumps. 3. Lashblast just looks better. Better volume, lengthening and definition.
This mascara can make you look...well, the opposite of classy. If too much is applied you may look like you are trying to hard.

I wouldn't recc. this to people, instead; get Lashblast.

Popular Mascaras