December 20, 2014 | 890 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2003 7:41:00 PM More reviews by reyna

Little goes a long way. Stick with the original cream instead of the new-fangled products which did nothing or worse for me (lotion, eye balm, and serum). I use the cream sparingly on dry spots. Helps with forever-flaky area by mouth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2003 7:23:00 PM More reviews by chopstix888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

it works well when used only at night. its very heavy and i go to bed with an oily face. in the morning, my skin looks great though! and stays moisturized even after washing. it is expensive so good if u can afford it and keep in mind that when u use it, don't skimp on the amt you use or it doesn't have much benefit. i would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2003 2:47:00 PM More reviews by deed9696

For years I avoided it wondering "what on earth was so special about a face cream" and why is it so expensive?! I tried some recently and I am hooked. I have dry skin in the winter, but after using it once, I am radiant and my skin is as soft as a baby's behind! So pricey, but you can make it last. Great if you can afford it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2003 2:24:00 PM More reviews by octoberbride

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I simply cannot believe this stuff sells for $99 oz.!!!! It is sooooo greasy and smells absolutely disgusting! Reminds me of a cross between that old fashioned rose water perfume and peppermint Lifesavers. I use it mainly as an eye cream because when I do use it on my whole face, it just sits there and doensn't even absorb! I bought this as a sample on E-bay and I'm glad I did because now I know I would NEVER pay for a full size jar.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2003 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Ariella4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A very ordinary cream for a very crazy price. what is so special about this seaweed broth thing.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2003 3:45:00 PM More reviews by highfashion26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had the chance to use this product about about 9 years ago, and it worked like a miracle, and healed and smoothed scars that I had for years. Then I couldn't locate it anymore and finally found some at a Saks several years later. What happened to the dream product? I think you would be just the same buying one of Estee Lauder's moisturizers for half the price, for the same product. Such a shame. Mac cosmetics fell the same way once Estee bought them out. The lipglass and studiofix are nothing like the originals that I had.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2003 11:58:00 AM More reviews by dlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried the Oil-Free La Mer and it is the first lotion I ever used that did not send my combination skin into oil overload. I highly recommend it. My skin was soft and smooth and even toned - when I used it consistently. You use so little, it lasts forever. It is pricey, so it's a hard habit to keep up - I've tried to find alternatives at the drugstore, but nothing has ever worked quite as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2003 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Gem03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really don't understand all the hype on this product? I was lucky enough to get a sample of this. And although I'm reslly glad I got to try it(to see what all the hype was about)I found it to be very ordinary.
I don't have wrinkles so maybe that's why I wasn't too impressed with it.
As far as moisturizing goes it does an average job. I actually think Nivea cream (the cream its been compared to) moisturizes a whole lot better and is SO much cheaper. To me they even smell slightly similar.
But anyway, this product wasn't bad, but (for me) not worth the hefty price tag. If your considering trying this definitely get a sample first.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2003 7:50:00 PM More reviews by snuffy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought LaMer because of all the hype. I was hearing mixed reviews about it, so I had to give it a try myself. I tried it out for about 8 weeks, which I thought was a fair amount to give to give a product. I followed the directions that the sales associate to use the product. It gave me terrible acne. I have combination skin, and get one pimple probably every couple of months. This is the first time I got 5 pimples in one month!!! My dermatologist said I had to stop using the product. I have stopped using LaMer now for a week, and the breakouts aren't happening anymore. I think this product is wonderful for some people but for me it was horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2003 6:07:00 PM More reviews by NEELAM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

8 months ago I was left with a 3rd degree skin burn. Anyway went to Derm. Office, and instead my skin got worse. I got very oily, sensitive acne prone skin. I came across La mer, and decided to try a sample. I was told to use very little. Also, SA told me that I might break out within the first three weeks, and start to see results after 1 month of use. I didn't break out, instead my skin became clearer and saw results after a month. Happy to say after six months of use, my skin is now smooth, clear, even, soft, glowing, less oily and my pores seems looks smaller. My skin hasn't look this well in a long time and having been getting lots of compliments. This line works well with any other line. Also, I use CDLM as an eye and neck cream. I purchased the full size and received the deluxe size samples. Hate the packagin and the $$$$, but love what it does. RECOMMEND TO TRY SAMPLES FIRST, to see if it works for you. You can call and ask for samples at 416-789-5377 ask for La Mer. I find it cheaper by $10 - $15US