La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Ingredients: Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, [sodium, Potassium, Copper, Calcium, Duncecap, Magnesium, And Zinc Gluconate], Paraffin, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Beta-carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat

on 4/11/2003 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am hooked on this stuff! I have extremely dry skin and always have, but as I am aging it is getting to be a nightmare. Until I finally broke down and tried this stuff (way too pricey but worth every penny)I have had to live with an itchy, stinging, flaky face within an hour of cleaning and moisturizing. Immediately after using this I could feel a 100% difference in my skin. With consistent use I think it is fair to say it changes the molecular structure of your skin (is that really possible??), at least it makes it feel and look like new skin. Although it is very expensive if you use it sparingly a 2 oz. jar can get you through the rough months. It took me awhile to learn not to overuse it, it just makes you feel so good you think more is better - but that really isn't the case at all. I will not live another Winter without it, now I just have to try the lotion for the warmer months!

on 4/10/2003 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love, love, love this product!!!But...I don't wear it everynight. I have acne prone skin and am using meds that make my skin dry and scaly. Creme de La Mer has really helped my skin look "normal" again. I use it 1-2 times a week and very lightly. An ounce will probably last me forever. I also love the smell, it reminds me of my mother.

***Update***I'm now on my second jar (initial purchase was 6-7 months ago) and swear I will be a customer for LIFE! After the 6-7 months I've been using this product I've noticed a signficant difference in my skin. It "glows" brighter and my dark spots/scars have faded.

on 4/9/2003 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

From what I hear, this is totally a YMMV item, but I'll add my two cents for what it's worth. I tried this a while back hoping it might be what the Dr ordered for my ultra dry skin. I figured if it was HG material, I could then stomach the price. Not only did it not do anything amazing for my face, after a few days I had a clogged pore problem. This is quite unusual for me, usually I can put Crisco on my face with no problems since it's so dry. It was the CDLM that did it. I returned it.

on 4/9/2003 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is an excellent moisturizing cream that is worth the price. My skin absolutely glows when I use this product. Gone forever is flaky dry looking skin. Regular exfoliation did not accomplish this, and my skin would always look flaky later in the day. An added bonus is less foundation is needed for coverage and your makeup wears much better.

on 4/8/2003 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this mostly as an undereye cream b/c my skin is far too oily to require such a heavy moisturizer. I've been happy using this as an eye cream. It helps w/ my undereye circles and softens my undereye lines. I will sometimes use this on scars and it does speed up the scar-clearing process b/c it gradually lightens the dark scar area w/o bothering my skin. I also use it sparingly for any dry, irritated patches on my face.

on 4/7/2003 2:20:00 PM

This is a luxurious creme, and the packaging is elegant. However, it didn't make much of a difference in my skin tone or texture. I have combination skin, so perhaps it's mostly for those with drier skin. Since it made me break out, I thought about returning it, but didn't bother trying. I just continued to use it under my eyes.
I've found that using a creme with glycolic acid (from my derm) has made the biggest difference for me as a moisurizer w/out breakouts.

on 4/1/2003 11:41:00 PM

I really like this moisturizer. I thought it would be too heavy because it is so dense and hard to spread. But my face is never oily and the dry flaky patches beside my nose have cleared up. I don't know if it is worth what they charge, but seeing as how I have had those dry flakes for several years and even facials don't eradicate them, it's worth it for me! I took one lipstick off because of price.

on 3/31/2003 3:24:00 PM

I have oily skin that I'd dried out using Retin A and Oxy and it was a mess. Dry and flaky when I washed it and about a half hour later it would look like an oil slick. While strolling through Saks one day, the girl at the LaMer counter stopped me and gave me a sample of the cream(which alone is worth about $20). I tried it for a week, and went back for the full size jar. I alternate between this and Retin A every other night, and my face has never looked better

on 3/31/2003 3:41:00 AM

I love it so much. I can see a great difference after 3 days of usage. I have combined skin type but still works well. Because of stress and allegic to coffee, I got lots of pimples on my face but after using La mer face serum and creme, I have much a mosturized face and less pimples.

on 3/30/2003 1:28:00 PM

This moisturizer is AWESOME! I put some on before I go to bed and by morning my skin is silky soft and firm. It even last throughout the day. Highly recommended if 40 yrs or older.