April 16, 2014 | 979 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Faffinette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I heard good things so I tried this out. The color I got was nc42 a perfect match and looks great once I put it on but tends to get orangy after about half an hour. It also seemed to extenuate bumps and I think it caused a few bumps. Does leave you with a matte finish. I returned it for something else. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2009 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Mardi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

Over all it does its job as a foundation. covers very nicely, but the smell is really strong and the foundation doesnt always set right. there were times when i would touch my face and go to class and all my lectures notes would have foundation streaks on them. it breaks me out and even when i wash it off before bed the next day i have giant pimples on my cheeks and chin. so i dont use it every day now. it is a bit pricey but sort of worth it as it lasted me a good 6+ months.

this is good for a special occasion foundation but not everyday one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by dawnwfoster

I purchased this product when looking for a full coverage liquid foundation to wear to my wedding. I like the thin texture of it, which is easily spreadable and blendable. I used a liquid foundation brush to apply, but I've also used my fingers and that works well too. The fragrance didn't bother me, although it is quite noticeable. The first shade I purchased was far too dark for me, but the second shade worked quite well. It didn't break me out. I was always careful to completely remove my makeup while using this, because i believe it is oil-based (or at least it is quite heavy). I have sensitive skin and this did not cause a reaction. I didn't use primer with it because my skin is already smooth, and i set it with studio fix pressed powder by MAC. The glass bottle that it comes in is durable, it traveled all the way to Kenya and back with me and didn't break in my suitcase. The amount of product is quite a lot, and it would last a long time (mine lasted me a year and I still had some left in the bottle). I didn't repurchase becuase it is kind of pricey - now I use L'Oreal tru match liquid foundation which is like $10 from Target.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2009 1:30:00 PM More reviews by turnyourback

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i had really high hopes for this, because i've used studio sculpt and mineralize skinfinish and neither gave me exactly what i wanted. this foundation applied well (nc20), but within an hour i looked at myself in my car's mirror and realized i basically looked like an oompa loompa. i looked it up online and apparently this foundation is notorious for oxidizing, which would explain why i turned orange (even with a primer). i'm returning it today. so disappointed!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by suzanne123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this a while ago, and used it for a while. It broke me out. It gives good coverage but this foundation broke me out in places i've never broken out before, like on my cheeks. I don't like the pakaging and it smells funny. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2009 10:34:00 AM More reviews by 11Princess11

Thought I would try this instead of the MAC Select liquid foundation, as I wanted something a bit longer lasting.
It is thicker than the Select and cloggs up my foundation brush very quickly, but goes on well, even if it needs a little bit more blending!
I was given the same colour that I had in the select NW20, and its quite a few shades darker, and doesnt match my skin as well as the Select NW20 did.
If I were to buy again, I would definitely go down a shade!
Stays on all day though, isnt drying and doesnt feel too heavy on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2009 10:18:00 AM More reviews by hermchen

I don't understand why some people say that the colour NC 15 looks orange ??
Well I love this foundation because it has a great coverage and feels very good on your skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2009 5:24:00 PM More reviews by hollywoodvixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Aw, sorry MAC, but your foundations just aren't for me. I didn't like the coverage, the look, or the feel of this foundation. I love that they have a great color selection, but otherwise.. not a fave. The formula has a strong scent and broke me out the first day of use. Enough said.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2009 12:30:00 AM More reviews by alaan92

well i bought this product and when the lady from the mac counter matched it on me it looked ok but a bit dark, so i just decided to get a shade lighter (nc30) and when i took it home,, ugh it was sooo orangy and dark on my skin so i was like ok wutever, and then i went out for that night and when i got back my skin was literally ORANGE.it was so dark on me.probably because of occidation or however ur supposed to write it. but yeah when it comes to the color match i think studio fix powder is best. but this thing does cover, ill probably get nc25 next time. oh and by the way the lightning in the mac counters or stores is different from regular daylight so umm becareful and yeah not all of the persons that work there will match ypur foundation good, the majority yeah but not all, ive been matched C, N, & NW so yeah just putting it out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by krissabella

I have used this product for about a week and half after purchasing and love it! I was always buying drugstore brands, but now I understand that you get what you pay for! The color matches my skin perfectly, no lines or streakiness when applying, even in the summer when my skintone switches so often from being in the sun. The only thing is that if my skin is a little flaky, this foundation makes it look even worse and applying with a sponge makes it look horrible, you really need to use a brush. One other thing I really love is that even after using several foundations claiming to have a "matte" finish my super oily skin isn't nearly as shiny as it used to be since I've started using this product. I am shocked that I no longer have to constantly blot my face and use pressed powder to absorb all of the extra oil....even after playing sports and working out!