October 24, 2014 | 913 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by lonlon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Where do i start.....okay so for my prom i got my make up done at MAC. i was having a little bit of acne troubles on my forehead, but nothing too noticible and serious. at the time i thought it was, so i went to mac because i know they did stage makeup that conceals everything. they put this stuff on me, and i LOVED it. the coverage was amazing and my skin looked like a dolls skin! perfect. i barely needed any touch ups at prom, it was just amazing. i went back a week later to buy my own bottle and i was so excited. i went home and put it on and it looked so good! after about 3 days of using this, i noticed break outs on my cheeks. nothign too bad, but i was pissed. i kept using this stuff and my skin gradually got worse and worse. towards the end of summer, it got so bad that i couldn't leave the house. my mom finally made an appointment for a teen acne facial so i could get cleared up before school. the lady giving me the facial said that all of my pimples had make up inside them! she said my face was so infected by this make up that it was causing constant break outs, even when my face was washed. to this day, my acne is STILL there! i was recently put on Accutane to clear me. i am convinced its from this foundation! nobody in my family has had acne, and i never did either. DON'T BUY THIS IF YOU ARE A TEENAGER ! or anybody for that matter. if you want to go a wedding or something, this is for you. just a one time thing. not an every day foundation!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by savannalx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loved the coverage that SFF gave me. It was a matte finish and it totally covered all my problem areas on my skin. The color match was PERFECT. I'm an nc37, But this stuff broke me out like crazy. After a week of wearing it, I got really deep cystic acne that wouldn't go away for TWO MONTHS! I have really sensitive/acne-prone skin so this may be the reason on why I broke out. Anyway, I don't like this foundation for that reason only. If you're one of the lucky ones who doesn't get break outs from MAC products... I'm jealous! Haha

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by cinnes225

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product because it 1) is oil-free, 2) provides buildable coverage, and 3) doesn't break me out. I think it is reasonably priced for a department store foundation. I just wish it were available in more department stores in my area...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2009 4:28:00 PM More reviews by marticica888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am a medium olive complected gal, (thanks to self tanning and occasional sun tanning, otherwise my natural skintone is very light olive, i wouldnt call myself fair.) I dont have much surface redness, maybe alittle around my nose. Not prone to breakouts, but i do have quite a bit of blackheads/clogged pores ever since i could remember...
I basically use foundation to give myself some color, because my face is alot lighter than my body. I have been having trouble finding one that matches, and as much as i didnt want to resort to mac, i caved the other day when i saw that the foundation i have been wearing for quite a while now looking ashy on my skin (too many pink tones in that foundation!!)
I have tried everything from store mineral makeup to online, revlon colorstay, maybelline superstay, MUFE HD, mary kay, clinique, estee lauder, i mean ive been everywhere for founation.
And mac is the one that has that perfect undertone (NC). Its PERFECT. My face finally matches my body. And the foundation texture is a dream. It sets matte, i was surprised i didnt need a powder with it at all. It did not make me oily, it lasted quite a bit throughout the day, however it is not rub proof. If you touch your face/rub it off on something (like when you're trying shirts in a dressing room, it will come off in some areas.)

This is not for this review, but what i found that keeps me from getting oily is shiseido spf 55, and thats what i use daily and used with this foundation, so i cant really attribute the oil control to the foundation, HOWEVER it does set matte.
I love it love it love it, have not had it long enough to say if it might be breaking me out (so far so good), colormatch is great, but i hate the packaging.. i think they sell a pump for it so i might go get that. Either way, awesome foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in NC15. It is quite matte without powder, full coverage. I use it when doing dramatic makeup at night with looks that require a bit of a mask as a base. It shows bright pigments to their full advantage and keeps them from getting muddy. I don't use this with moisturizer as it sets better and smoother without. This would be too noticeable during the day as it renders your face into a truly blank canvas. Even at night, I would recommend completely avoiding the undereye area as it is too dry and would crease quickly. I also wouldn't recommend using this as a primer on the lid for the same reason. Stick to UD primer or Too Faced primer to keep your eye makeup stable all night long, they are the best. Keep use down to once or twice a week as this blocks pores like no other, which is how it keeps skin looking so flawless without reflective particles. My pores become clogged and raised the day afterward.
This is great for perfect looking skin for flash photography and special events but I can only recommend it for those purposes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2009 9:44:00 PM More reviews by d0lledup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I keep looking for that "perfect" foundation, but I keep coming back to this. This foundation is a fuller coverage or a lighter coverage depending on how you apply it.. if i want a lighter coverage i use my 188 brush if i want a heavier coverage i use my 109. I have a birthmark on my nose and it covers it without concealer. It has silica in it to help absorb oils and has a matte finish... I don't even wear a powder over this foundation on most days and it make my skin look flawless... I must say out of all the foundations I have tried this is my favorite. I'll probably continue to look for better but for now this is it for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by dandiberta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

WORST WORST WORST FOUNDATION EVEEEEEEEEEEEER
EVER
EVER
its so heavy and caky and hard to blend and matte, i hate matte.
and expensive for the poor quality
i never hated a foundation as much as i hate this one

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2009 1:36:00 AM More reviews by confessionsofamakeupjunky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

MACS studio fix fluid is one of the most famous foundations out there. It provides light to medium coverage and it has a wide range of colors to choose from so you can find the perfect color that suits your skin tone. It leaves the skin looking nice and smooth when applied properly and does not look cakey at all. I have oily skin and this worked for me, I think it can be used for all skin types. You can purchase this at any MAC counters and it maybe swapped here in make up alley. At MAC counters it is $26 american dollars, 15 pounds, or 17 euros.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by MsJuicyJ88

Love this product after searching long and hard for a foundation I came across this one and compared to other prices this is awesome. I love it! It makes my skin look flawless and I get so many compliments!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 10:31:00 AM More reviews by michelleeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Every time I try to switch to a different foundation, I always come back to this one. I use SFF in NC37 and it's amazing! I got color matched, so it fits me perfectly and I am happy with it. The coverage is amazing, not too heavy for me unless I pack it on. I apply SFF with a Mac 109 brush and the result is heavenly and airbrushed. When applied, it does not streak (depending on the brush), it blends in well and the staying power is endless. This is my HG foundation and I've tried many foundations in the past from drugstore like Revlon to high-end like Laura Mercier.

The price may not be the best and the packaging sucks because you have to pay more for the pump, but the result is perfect for me. I have really sensitive skin and it's combination, so when I take this off at night, I have to make sure all of it is off. The reason people say MAC breaks them out is not because of the product, it's because people don't make sure the product is ALL OUT. Of course it'll clog your pores when you're sleeping if you didn't take it all off. MAC is studio makeup and is meant to stay for a long time, making it very heavy on the face, so you have to make sure you remove the product fully! :)