MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 3/6/2010 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I have very oily and yellow skin, so I thought MAC would be the perfect match! Unfortunately, I found this foundation to not live up to it's expectations in the lasting, finish and oil control sense. After one hour of application the colour had slid half way down my face and there certainly was no "Matte Finish". I tried setting it with the MAC Studio Fix Powder, but this only seemed to make the makeup more oily and shiny. The application is easy as it glides on sweepingly and isnt difficult or time consuming to blend. I found the colour rage to be very good (Especially with my yellow undertones!). I just wish it would last longer than an hour, then it would be the perfect makeup!
The packaging isnt fantastic as you have to purchase the pump separately for an extra $10/15 - but if it came with the pump it would be perfect! Especially with the nice glass bottle.
The pricing wasnt too bad, it meets the average pricing expectation for a good quality makeup.
If you dont have very oily skin this product would be perfect for you! But for everyone out there with oil troubles, I am still on the everlasting hunt for something that helps a little!

I do not have any acne, just acne scars. I love this foundation because it's heavy coverage, but does not look cakey once applied with my 187. I get many compliments on my perfect skin, and I never leave the house without it. I wish this was a little cheaper though, but I will continue to buy this.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have used this foundation since I was 16, (This is when I first started using 'premium makeup' ) I have strayed from this foundation but find myself coming back to it again and again. This is why I have awarded it 5 lipsticks. I find that the foundation is best applied with the MAC 187 brush (instead of my usual foundation brush #190 or #191) as it stops it becoming 'mask' like and looks incredibly flawless. I always use my Mac mineralize skinfinish natural to set the foundation for the day, I wouldnt recommend this if you have dry or sensitive skin as I think it may look un-natural looking and heavy on the skin. This does last all day but I do touch it up often with the mineralize powder to combat shine, one of the downfalls of oily skin. For reference my colouring is olive so I use NC45 which is perfect but as with foundations I highly recommend that you visit the makeup counter for a consultation and some samples which you can try in direct daylight to get the perfect match day or night, as many people use the NW range instead of NC and vice versa ( I know this as I used to use NW after just impulse buying) Highly recommended if you want good coverage and a long wearing finish and buy the pump as this controls the amount you use. x

on 3/4/2010 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

1 lippie for pretty good color match (NW 45/NW 47). 1 lippie for not accentuating the pores on my nose any more than they accentuate themselves as the day goes on (that damn sebum tryna break free through the poor lil pore holes in my nose). 1 lippie for being buildable (for fuller coverage), drying reasonably matte, and not making me look like a dripping fudge bar by the end of the day. Not HG status - not sure if i'll ever find such a thing - but I think its pretty deep that I always return to this when everything else fails me. Yay for MAC.

on 3/3/2010 5:08:00 PM

I am ashamed to say how many brands of foundation that I own, if I sold them all I could probably pay my car off...considering the amount of money I have spent. So I think my HG is definately MAC Studiofix Fluid. I like the powder version too, however, in my thirties now I am trying liquids more. Anyway...I only get compliments when I have the Studio Fix fluid on. It makes my skin look perfect and like I am 21. I get shocked when people comment on how young I look and it ONLY happens with this foundation. I am super pale w/ yellow undertone and I wear nc15. My husband told me I looked like a barbie one day when I had this on. If you try this, make sure to use a damp sponge to apply it lightly otherwise it will be too heavy. I have been testing this since october and it is now march...I get the most compliments whenn wearing this..it is amazing! Another cheaper favorite that I love is Almay TLC lasting foundation (works great when I am on a budget)

on 3/2/2010 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I like the way it feels on my skin even though I wish it would mattify a little bit more and I wish the five dollar pump came with it and I wish they had a color that is right in between NW43 and NW45 because I have both and NW 45 is to dark and NW 45 is way to light. All that being said I still looking for a foundation that will cover my pores and flaws and matches the skin color to a T.

I love super heavy coverage and obvious foundation but NOT cakey, and this is perfect! I have acne prone skin and this doesnt break me out. I dont wear a lot of this in the summer (I just lightly put it on with a sponge) because my face gets oily and it slides right off. It covers my acne scars really well & i get compliments on my 'perfect skin' all the time. HG

on 3/2/2010 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I like this product, the problem is its turns up very orange on me even in the shade I use all the time for MAC foundations. Otherwise, it really mattes my skin which helps because mine is oily. The packaging is kinda crap, the lady at the counter pressured me into buying a pump..

on 3/1/2010 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Studio Fix Fluid is my HG foundation. Once i tried it, i knew it was the right 1 for me, i LOVE the coverage & i love that its stays on on day. i know a lot of people say it breaks them out, but thats not the case w/me. i have dry skin & i still love using this, i just use a really good moisturizer under it. i'll def. be buying this again when start im runnin low

on 2/28/2010 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product desperately in need of a good foundation, since I have super oily and acne prone skin. So far I don't love this foundation but I don't hate it either. It provides full coverage without the feeling of wearing a mask. It also gives you a flawless matte finish Unfortunately due to my oily skin it really doesn't stay on as long. The lady matched me with the wrong shade she gave me a way to light shade. Luckly I took my friend with me and she told me I looked like a ghost lol, and went a shade darker (NW25) is my shade. I hate that you have to spend more money to buy the pump. Although I don't love it I would definitely buy it again because it provides awesome coverage and a little goes a long ways. I've used it for 3weeks already and so far no new pimples have shown up. :-D