Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 1/6/2008 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have dry and extremely fussy sensitive skin which has been rejecting other upmarket and supermarket cleansers with much rage from breakouts to dried out skin, to flaky reddish patches. Everytime I travel I take a small quantity with me. I've been to hot, dry, wet, and cold climates and can vouch that this is the only cleanser that delivers regardless of climate. Purity is by far the best and most gentle facial cleanser I've used in 25 years, and I've been using it twice daily for almost a year now. It removes most make up although I'd say not all waterproof formulas, especially jet black waterproof mascara that has been applied in layers. In such cases, an additional wash would do the job. Purity goes on like a gel-cream, does not lather and feels a little oily. Once you rinse your face all comes off. Unlike some non-foaming cleansers that leave an oily residue that takes some scrubbing to get off, Purity comes off in a jiffy upon contact with water. From reading the reviews I gather it might not suit all skin types, therefore if you're new to the product, I suggest getting a sample - bring a small disposable plastic bag or container and request permission to dispense about enough for 3 uses. If you decide to buy after trying, get the largest bottle which is great value for your money. Using it twice daily in about dime-sized amounts which is enough per wash, the largest bottle should be able to last you at least 18 months. The only hang up I have is the packaging, a pump dispenser would be more hygienic. As for the scent, it's like synthetic flowers with a hint of lemon which to some, might take a while getting used to. As long as you use sparingly, the scent will not linger.

I adore this stuff. I recently bought it on a whim (along with Hope In A Jar, which I also love) and I'm so happy that I did. While the smell isn't my favorite, the benefits of this product outweigh that by a ton. It leaves my skin feeling silky soft and smooth after I use it. I think my favorite part is that I don't have to *scrub* to get all my makeup off - like the bottle says, if you look at cleaning your skin as more of a relaxing thing rather than a chore and take your time with it, Purity will literally melt your makeup right off your face. Even though they say not to use it near your eyes, I rarely listen to that warning - and found that Purity even removes my Kryolan e/s that every other cleanser barely could. My favorite shade ("Frambosia") used to stain my eyes pink for days after I used it, but with Purity, I don't have that problem. Yay for this product, I say! I'm hooked.

on 1/5/2008 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

the only thing I liked about this product is that it removed my makeup, and that is about it.

This is my new favorite cleanser. I've been using it for a few weeks now and so far I'm really loving it. My skin looks a lot nicer now and I love that it's very gentle on my dry skin, but still cleanses very well. I've had problems with a good many of other cleansers breaking me out and I've had no problems with this one.

on 1/3/2008 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I liked this cleanser a lot, but am definetly not attached to it enough not to try something else. It smells great and removes m/u well, but I have just found another cleanser that I like more (Knutek Advanced Cleanser).

on 1/3/2008 1:43:00 PM

I was very optimistic about this cleanser, as I feel that the philosophy line is pretty well respected. However, it immediately made my face break out. Will not try any of their skincare products again anytime soon.

on 1/3/2008 11:30:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I really like this cleanser. I wear full makeup, so foundation, blush, eyeshadow, mascara and eyeliner. This removes everything. I don't use waterproof and i don't use it to remove lipstick. This melts away the makeup and the few times I followed with a toner, the cotton ball was clean, so it really does remove everything. I use this only at night to remover my face and cleanse before bed.

I have combination (normal/oily) skin, prone to occasional breakouts. This has not added to my breakouts. It does have a distinctive scent, but I do find it enjoyable. I will repurchase this, as I think I have finally found a good all purpose cleanser!

on 1/3/2008 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this cleanser. I used it for 2 weeks and saw my complexion clear up a bit, redness reduce, forehead and nose become less oily and my skin was never dry. It smells lovely and is a treat to use.

on 1/2/2008 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Eyes: Violet

I actually didn't expect to change a thing about my skincare. I am happy removing my makeup (which is minimal most days) with some creamy moisturizer and a cloth.

However I received a sample packet of this lovely stuff with my QVC order of my very first Philosophy 3-in-1s. I was sucked in. The ingredients are nice. I love the essential oils and absolutes--the lack of synthetic perfume makes it easy on my eyes (pun...). It also smells great for nighttime.

I have oily/combo/acne-prone skin, so the oils scared me. I found that they actually deep clean into my pores if I rub long enough, gently. I finish up with a bit of LUSH Fresh Farmacy solid complexion soap and moisturize.

This is a very effective product as far as makeup removal and moisturization goes. It takes off the thickest, ickiest mascara coating.

The packaging is neat and minimalist, which I love.

A little goes a long way, but the price is a tad high. Still, for what I view as a high-quality product that my picky skin takes to...love it.

on 1/1/2008 11:41:00 PM

All hype! I've been using this cleanser for three weeks now and it definitely does not live up to the hype or price. If anything, I've been breaking out more since I've been washing with it. The texture is definitely too thick for my liking. I heard someone from Philosophy on QVC saying that you shouldn't wet your face before applying this, but that makes it impossible to spread around. I really need to stop watching QVC.