April 25, 2014 | 1109 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2007 7:05:00 PM More reviews by lainetm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

The smell (I can't call it a "fragrance") is annoying, and I do not have a particularly sensitive nose. However, I could get past that, if this were a great product--which it is not. The cleanser caused both me and my teen-aged daughter to break out. It was the only change in our skincare routines, so I'm sure it was the Purity Made Simple. I continued to use it, thinking that it was a temporary issue while my skin readjusted. However, the breakouts continued, and became worse. I had pimples in places I *never* get pimples, and they were large, ugly, and slow to heal when I discontinued and returned to my standby Neutrogena.

I will definitely not be buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2007 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Lauryl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Does the job of getting my makeup off, has a delicate lavender and citronella scent, and within a few days of using it my friend commented that my face looked clearer. Wow! When I run out I'll get the huge bottle, but I've had the 8oz bottle for three months and only used a small fraction of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2007 5:24:00 PM More reviews by thespanishfly

Gentle enough for my acne-prone skin. Very soft smell and good for removing make-up. Face feels soft after I rinse. Love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2007 3:28:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just do not like it at all. It removes most of my makeup, but I end up having to wash my face again...and I wear minimal foundation, etc. The scent is strange to me, and the price tag is quite high. It doesn't make me break out though, and I use it oonly when I run out of my other face washes. I won't buy again, just didn't 'wow' me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2007 9:12:00 AM More reviews by sdg13

I have waited about 2 weeks to review this product. Thanks to all the MUA reviews or I would have never tried it. I have a history of oily, sensitive, congested skin that is now aging (lovely, I know). I think that alot of the cleaners I have used in the past have been too harsh and certainly didn't change my skin condition. I tried the OCM which was kindof nice but really messy and left my washclothes oily. Anyway, Purity reallly really works for me. It's gentle, I don't mind the smell at all, and it leaves my skin clean and fresh - something I never expected. I follow other MUAers advice and wet my hands, massage it in for about a minute and it removes all my makeup and leaves my skin really nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2007 11:19:00 AM More reviews by olivia1173

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this cleanser. I have strayed a few times but always come back to this cleanser. It removes all my makeup (even eye) and does not strip my skin. I have noticed that it does help clear up blemishes as well. I purchased this the last time with the Makeup Optonal kit and I am thrilled with the results. Fantastic products!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2007 11:11:00 PM More reviews by samanthaes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser. I get it when it is the Anniversery sale at Nodstroms, in June. this cleanser gets all traces of makeup off without any drying to my skin. I love the smell and the convienence. With the sale I got 32 ounces for 30.00.. I can't believe it either, if it runs out before the next sale I will get it on QVC. I love it..:)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2007 12:25:00 AM More reviews by coriforia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

With all of the great hype over this product, I thought I would try it but unfortunately it did not work for my skin. Although, I do have incredibly sensitive skin so most things don't work :o( It has a lot of essential oils though so that is probably why. It dried out my skin and made it very dull with red bumps. But people who are not sensitive may have better results. There isn't a lot of foam/suds, but that isn't a problem for me though because the chemicals that make cleansers foam up are usually not good for your skin so lack of suds is a good sign for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2007 2:12:00 PM More reviews by lauradfromnc

I like this. The smell is different from other products and it takes a little getting used to. It kind of reminds me of sage. It only takes a pea sized amount to wash my face and the makeup just dissolves without scrubbing and pulling and wiping. It seems like it's not doing anything, but then I rinse and dry and my face is totally clean. I will definitely buy again. Those of you who don't like it, go to my wish list and lets swap!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2007 3:43:00 AM More reviews by tw

This is the best cleanser on Earth! It gets every trace of makeup, even waterproof eyeliner, which I seem to have the most trouble getting off. Love the fresh, herbal smell. And I like the fact it doesn't foam up leaving globs of bubbles in my hair line. Even though it's really expensive, you only need a tiny amount and it lasts a really long time. Purity makes my super oily, acne-prone skin soft and clean and it never irritates it. I like the clear bottle and easy-open top. I think I'd prefer a pump, but for a flip-top it's really good. When my acne goes out of control in the summer, I switch to something stronger at night, but even then I come back to Purity a couple times a week.