August 21, 2014 | 1850 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2007 5:25:00 AM More reviews by MoiBelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great cleanser! it 'doesn't dry my skin, it actually calms it when winter weather played havoc to my dry skin. I've tried a looot of other cleansers but so far this is the only one that isn't drying for my super duper dry skin. this cleanser removed makeup very well, I also liked the scent! I would buy this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2007 2:30:00 PM More reviews by spitfirebarbie

Purity made simple is my HG never need to hunt for a fabulous face wash again face wash. My skin is fairly sensitive to cleansers and this is the only that I have found that doesnt break me out or make my skin dry. I love that it is gentle enough for my sensitive skin yet powerful enough to remove all my eye makeup. You cant beat the price and a little goes a long way with this product. An 8 oz bottle of this will last me almost 6 months. I will purchase this product the rest of my life!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2007 12:35:00 AM More reviews by DDmonkey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Too harsh for my face, if i use it on my face more than once a week I get really irritated and even have to make it my first cleanse then second cleanse with a gentle soap, not worth it for me. That being said I love using it on my body, works great for my neck, chest, back, and upper arms.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2007 11:10:00 PM More reviews by heathermommie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is just a basic cleanser that is way overpriced.
It is average in every way. The first week I used it I was really wanting it to be something awesome, but it was just blah. I finished the bottle because it cost quite a lot, but I wouldn't buy it all over again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2007 8:33:00 PM More reviews by auntmare

i just started using this past saturday after i got a sample from the Sephora store. i really like it. i found out about this after i just purchased a brand new tube of clinique comforting cream cleanser. i have a brand new tube of that just sitting there while i'm using my philosophy sample. at this point, i think i like the philosophy better. it does not dry my face out at all and takes off all my makeup completely. i will most likely re purchase since it seems to be working great so far. i just wish it wasn't so expensive. i think my comforting cream cleanser will be on the back burner for a while now. i wish i found this one before i bought that one.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2007 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Katyllw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have no real complaints about this product, except for the let down which I brought upon myself. I got it out of the "Make-up Optional" kit which I had been wanting for months and months. Finally someone picked it up for my birthday, which is when I realized it was pretty much all hype.

The smell is great, it feels nice on the skin, and it doesnt over dry either, however....I got the same results from a WalMart brand. (oy!) In fact ive now found even better and pay less than half the price.

I say, if you refuse to use drug store products reguardless...then maybe this is best for you, but your only buying a label.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2007 7:32:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

All I can say is this is an 'eh' cleanser. I like Clinique liquid face wash better. But the reason for this reivew is the fragrance on this cleanser is to die for -- and if Philosophy made a Purity Fragrance... it would be a top seller. It's lovely. That's the best part of the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by arielle38

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive skin that's recently become acne-prone and this is what I use to get all my makeup off. It doesn't foam and the directions call for massaging it into your face for at least 30 seconds, so it took some getting used to. But it gets everything off my face without irritation. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2007 3:53:00 AM More reviews by gambitlizard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the herbal scent of this cleanser. It has an almost rosemary fragrance with other herbal touches. It removes makeup fairly well, with the exception of mascara and some liners. I prefer to use this in the morning to get a fresh start to my day. It removes the night's oil and leaves my skin soft, but not stripped.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2007 3:10:00 AM More reviews by jazzy87

I am in love. Yes, with a cleanser. I had been using the microdelivery exfoliating wash, with fantastic results, but as it is recommended to be used once per day max, I was in the market for a simple cleanser to use in conjunction with it. After using it just once, all I can say is WOW - this product surpassed all of my (very high) expectations. It cleans deep into the pores, but never leaves the skin tight or dry, if anything it actually hydrates!

My skin can be quite sensitive (ie goes red when splashed with water even), and this cleanser is completely irritation free. The smell is also quite pleasant, very fresh and natural, and I also love that I don't have to use a toner afterwards. If you have been umming and ahhing over this cleanser, go and buy it now - i paid full retail because I'd run out of my sample and needed some asap and couldn't wait for shipping online, and I would gladly do so again. Pure HG - so far philosophy has been amazing for me and I can't wait to try more from the line <3