July 22, 2014 | 2039 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by xBrazenx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is pretty impressive. The color range is fantastic (for drugstore or HE lines, IMO) and it is, indeed, very blendable. I have yet to wear this for an extended period of time, so I can't speak to how it wears throughout the day or it's affect on my skin. Nevertheless, I can definitely see this becoming a regular in my make up rotation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Aharms

This is a wonderful basic foundation. The shade selection is great. I am very fair and was able to find a shade that matched me perfectly. The coverage is very sheer, (evens skin tone and covers minor spots) which is what I wanted so it doesnt bother me. However it says its buildable but I havent tried. I've been wearing it a month and it hasn't broken me out and I am VERY acne prone. It is rather expensive for a drugstore brand considering the amount you get, but I just mix a little drop in my moisturizer most of the time so its perfect for me. Oh, and I do love the tiny bit of shimmer in it. Not enough to make you any shinier than you want (already oily!), but it does give skin a beautiful glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Missdawn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought this foundation this week. I was using bare minerals. My skin is dry/combo. I really like the coverage but you have to be very careful dry patches because the foundation clings to those spots like glue and today I looked in the mirror and saw polka dots of foundation all over my face. I think this foundation probably is best for normal to oily skin. It's fairly matte and has no added moisture. The swatches at the drug store that help you pick your color are actually very accurate. I would recommend

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2009 6:23:00 PM More reviews by dotcom724

I wasn't so impressed with this product. Not enough shades to match your skin tone. This foundation left my face all flaky making it look as if I'm wearing a mask.
I'll give a 2 since it's still usable, didn't cause any breakouts- but I don't think I'll be buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The color selection of these are pretty awesome compared to most brands I have stumbled on. It was not hard to find the correct shade in this at all. [Soft Ivory? N1] As soon as I opened the bottle [it didn't have the convient new pump on it.] the chemical smell hit me. I honestly didn't even want to put this on my face, but I tried it. It actually blends pretty well and it gave me light -to- medium coverage when I tried it but when it dried, it got the weirdest texture to it that I didn't like. I can't even describe it. It was actually pretty light feeling than most foundations. It didn't feel that "masky" to me. It was also REALLY runny and wasted an amount for another face application when I tried to deposit some on the back of my hand. It did stay put ok but I think I am over the whole liquid foundation feel for good. As far as liquid foundations go, I think there are way better drugstore foundations out there. I think the smell did it for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2009 2:13:00 AM More reviews by melissa85

true match is the wrong word for this product.. loreal needs to step it up.. i only use the HIP stuff they make up make me look oily and i dont like that

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by dollief

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Good makeup for oily skin that covers very silkily, doesn't look cakey, coverage is buildable, and there is a match for my PPP skin! Covers the perimenopausal redness i have on my cheeks. Lasts most of the day, with slight oiliness on my nose, and I live in Texas. No heavy scent, and washes off easily with foaming cleanser. I also like the cute bottle. Would prefer a pump, but if you have to have a bottle, this is a good one to have. Pours out easily, and I can tell I will be able to use the whole thing, and not be stuck with some undispensable product at the end. Will definitely repurchase! 9/3/09 EDIT: OK, I don't know if my skin is changing or what, but this now doesn't last two hours on me without separating and looking patchy, then sliding right off. I also notice it looks very powdery in daylight, and masky. Will not repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by staceb1990

I think this foundation is a great idea, it just doesn't completely deliver. I've tried the palest foundations in both the neutral and cool shade system and both were still dark. I'm incredibly, and I have issues finding a good color match with most foundations, so that's not nessesarily why I'm giving this a bad review.

This foundation breaks me out SO BAD every time I use it. I've given it a lot of chances, because I figured that I just wasn't washing it off well enough. But because this is the only thing that I changed in my skincare/foundation routine, I can safely say that this is the problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2009 7:14:00 AM More reviews by xhanglikeastar

LOVE this foundation. I had been using Everyday Minerals prior to this, but I was really unhappy with the coverage I was getting... the makeup looked very patchy and cakey when I put it on. I decided I wanted to switch to a liquid foundation. Easier said than done! I could not find ANYTHING that matched my skin tone (I'm very pale but I don't have yellow or pink undertones... I'm a neutral)-- everything I tried was too dark and orange for my face. I bought this foundation on a whim, mainly because they had that cool color chart/tray thing in the store and they had a range of colors for neutral tones. I picked up the lightest color in neutral... and I was disappointed at first. When I put the foundation on, my skin looked kind of flaky/patchy again... like the foundation wasn't sticking evenly all over my face. I gave up on it for a few weeks, and then I started using Milk of Magnesia as a primer... what a difference! True Match went on smoothly and evenly, and it matched my skin tone perfectly. It held up pretty well over the course of the day without getting super slick and shiny, like Everyday Minerals. Best of all, there was no flaky/patchy appearance to my skin... you couldn't tell I was wearing makeup. I only wear this on my forehead (the only place I need foundation) and you can't tell that I'm wearing foundation on one part of my face and not the others. I'm really happy with this foundation and I hope they don't discontinue it... I don't know where else I could find a shade match for this price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by melann78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am on day 2 of this product. I have super oily skin and am very acne prone with a good sized breakout at the moment. I have used lots of different kinds of foundation (Jane Iredale was my most recent) and they have all given inconsistent results and have turned my face very shiny, fast. This foundation goes on very easily and is like it says super blendable. The color I have now is too dark, but I'm going to go back and get a lighter shade. I feel like it covers well but doesn't look heavy. Didn't know I'd go back to a liquid, but for now, it's OK.