August 27, 2014 | 1735 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2009 2:16:00 AM More reviews by MsFeli89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation just to try it and i was not impressed. I got cakey after hours and when i first apply it, it comes out kinda of blotchy. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2009 1:46:00 AM More reviews by yayitsanne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Decent drugstore foundation. I would give it a 3.5 if I could. I get oily about halfway through the day, but that happens to me in the summer with any foundation and blotting papers take care of that. I get medium coverage with this: it covers any redness and imperfections and looks natural, but polished. It doesn't feel heavy on. I've found it looks best when applied with a brush like the 187 or 109 and set with a powder. My one complaint would be that it transfers more easily than say, MAC studio fix fluid, and can end up looking blotchy after a few hours. Personally, I think the little bottle is cute, so the packaging doesn't really bother me. As far as color, it's summer so I'm darker than normal, but right now W4 matches my NC30ish skin perfectly.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2009 1:37:00 AM More reviews by bueller6426

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Depending on the look you want this product can be right or very wrong. In my opinion in covers TOO much, giving the MAC affect ( I personally like to be able to see a little texture and natural skin variants). Use sparinglyand it could be a decent product. Perhaps try mixing for better color control? I definitely would not recommend this product for summer, it would melt right off and I think its not moisturizing enough for harsh winters- so only good for moderate weather and little activity. Its an ok product, just not right for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Niya

At first I was unsure about this product and would frequently bypass it in the drugstore. But, I recently purchased it and wow, this is truely an amazing line. If you go on the Loreal website, they have tools that show you which color range you fall in. I'm a C6. I'm not a huge fan of liquid ( I pefer creme) but once I used it I noticed that it blended extremely well, didn't get cakey and didn't make me overly shiny. The best tip would be to use the True Match powder to set the foundation and keep shine at bay. Also, I only perfer a sheer coverage so I don't use a lot of the product on my face. The only problem I really have is the packaging...it can be a little messy, but that's my only issue with this line.

UPDATE:
Scratch what I said above this product while it worked really well at first broke me out horribly...I'm not EVER purchasing this again...EVER!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2009 11:37:00 AM More reviews by J4YDER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't really know what to think of this product, I bought it because I have a very pale skin tone and the foundation looked light enough for me.
However, when I came home and tried it on my face it just didn't give me enough coverage that I was looking for and if I tried to build, it would make my skin tone a little darker, so I had to start using this with another foundation (stargazer light).
Those two together give a really good coverage, however concealer is still needed.
The true match on it's own goes on really well, it's really blendable like it says and it makes your skin really soft to the touch. It also didn't break me out.

I probably wouldn't buy this product again, because I could easily find something else that I would prefer, but if I happen to loose my clinique foundation, I wouldn't mind going back to this for the time being.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by hp20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i dont really like this not enough coverage for my liking and made me go a bit oily in the t zone even after botting !...although i have to say that the blending ability of this foundation is great and also the colour range is good ! so overall id say its ok

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2009 2:28:00 AM More reviews by pmegosh

Ok this transfers everywhere (poor people being hugged) if you don’t set it very very VERY well but being one of the few drugstore brands I found in my shade (somewhere around NC/NW15-20, I’M WEIRD) I’m sure you’ll find a shade that matches you! :-) By the way, I picked N2 from a local drugstore.
So far it hasn’t complicated my acne-prone combo skin, nor does it accentuate my imperfections… but it doesn’t hide them 100% if you don’t wear a good concealer underneath!

The coverage is light-medium but it’s creamy, I like the texture… I apply it with a sponge. The packaging, well, what did you expect for the price?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2009 5:48:00 AM More reviews by MARmaladeJay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is hit or miss. I'm not an avid liquid foundation user, but I do find that True Match blends well with my skin tone. I wear a W5 or sand beige. I used the color swatch at the drugstore to match my skin tone. From looking at the bottle, it didn't look like it'd match, but when I applied it was perfect.

To put it to the test, I decided to give it a try on a day that was quiet warm in my neck of the woods. I have combination skin so when it warms up, I get oily in my t-zone. The results: I wasn't as shiny compared to when I use mineral make-up. But I did use Bare Minerals Mineral Veil to set the foundation. Quick tip: I also used True Match as a concealer. In addition, when I do use liquid foundation, I usually apply a cream blush, but today I used a power blush. The results: the color of my blush actually stayed on longer compared to when I use powder to powder. So that's another factor that I'm impressed with.

This isn't my everyday foundation. I'd probably use this when I actually have time to apply it. I think the packaging it cute, but I'd rather use a pump version of this just because it could get a little messy or you end up pouring out more than you need. Overall, I'm impressed as far as drugstore brand goes. I'm not absolutely in love with the product, but I don't hate it either. I think I'll repurchase when this runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2009 8:02:00 PM More reviews by dgiella

I've been using this product for about 2 years now. It has just the right amount of coverage, which, for me is a medium. It doesn't cake up or make me break out like other foundations do. I had used a moist sponge to apply this in the past, but recently purchased a foundation brush (flat and wide paintbrush-like tool) for application. I definitely prefer the foundation brush application, it really leaves the skin looking natural and FLAWLESS! I finish this off with a light dusting of powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by totallyx3jenny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is nothing to shoot stars out of my ass about... but its not bad either. it gives me just enough coverage ( im 16, and my biggest concern is redness on no lmy nose, it covers that up okay) It's definitely not thick but not too watery either. I do like the idea that this comes in 3 different undertones, it makes picking out the shade a whole lot easier. im kind of indifferent on the glass packaging. i feel like i waste a lot of it, but on the other hand i like the use the gooped up product on the cap as a concealer. im no liquid foundation connusuier, but this stuff is okay. ill probably repurchase when i run out.