August 1, 2014 | 1072 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by BritJMc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is awesome! I have medium-tan complexion (and I spray tan infrequently) so it's a great foundation because I can adjust the darkness. I bought both W6 & W7 to mix. It's a perfect light coverage you can build on and mix with other products easily.

If you don't moisturize a few minutes before applying it will sink into my pores like a few of the other reviews said. It does tend to look a little masky if you apply a lot in one area, but I blend it to my ears and neck and with bronzer.

My husband has given my compliments the last few days, so I think it's a fabulous product if he's mentioned something!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2009 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

~ Alright! my third time writing a review for this- I absolutely loved the color match for this foundation (mine is W2) and for some reason it kept on going on cakey and dry for the longest time so I sort of forgot about it......A few days ago I purchased a primer- and today I thought I would give this a shot again with my new primer underneath ( I felt sorry for it laying unloved in my drawer) and surprisingly this blended like a dream! I mixed it with my other HG Revlon CS and the two together just did an amazing job of creating this beautiful canvas (I love mixing foundation, but the true match by itself is also gorgeous!) a friend gave me this bottle so I'm nearly out so I have to purchase some soon :) I highly recommend this foundation now- but if it does not work for you you might need a primer, that's how it worked for me......great stuff! but the packaging just sucks- where I live the pump bottle is not available which isn't great but I can live with that :) ~

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm astounded this has received such low satisfaction. Excellent color match for very fair ladies like myself. I customize my color further by blending C1 Alabaster with N1 Soft Ivory. C1 is cool/pink and great for winter, N1 great anytime nuetral. One lippie removed for warm weather late day oily T zone but; otherwise this is a very competant work horse foundation that will not oxidize or have application issues. I would advise oily skins to look elsewhere as you will likely be disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2009 12:01:00 AM More reviews by songbirdd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had been on the hunt for a good drug store foundation for a while...for light coverage just to even out my skin and give it a good finish. My skin is on the dry side - so powder foundations just weren't cutting it.
I was seriously not finding anything - everything was too pinky for me. I tried maybelline's and some covergirl (i didn't purchase these, tried in store)
Finally I saw L'oreal's color match - and their warm colors and yay yellow undertones!
I'm a MAC NC 42ish and I got the 3rd darkest shade in the ''warm'' selection...its almost a perfect match.
I just really wanted a drugstore foundation because I don't wear foundation everyday and didn't want to spend $25+ on something I wouldn't wear all the time.
I bought this for $10 at Target and I'm pretty happy =) I apply it fairly lightly with a 'skunk brush' and it lasts most of the day.

I gave the packaging a 3 because I sooo wish it came with a pump!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2009 1:27:00 PM More reviews by jmdmdm

I really like this foundation. First off, the colors are great and probably the easieast ones on the market to find a perfect match. The consistency is just right, light natural coverage that just evens out the skin. It is not greasy or heavy at all and also not matte or dry. I love the packaging, Makes it easy to utilize every last drop rather than having waste like usual in pump bottles. I just shake the bottle to mix the product and then dip a clean q-tip in and swipe it on the back of my hand and then use my fingers to spread on my face. This seems to work great at keeping the bottle fresh and sanitary.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2009 5:41:00 AM More reviews by greenclover

I am not a big makeup junky and don't always wear foundation but I know what I like. - in foundation, I like a natural look, w/ a light easy to spread feel, in a realisitic color. This has all three, and it doesn't break me out OR irritate my very sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2009 5:28:00 AM More reviews by Dani

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First off, I rated the packaging as 5 because I have the European pump version. I wonder why they don't have the same packaging in the U.S....

I really applaud L'Oreal for making this foundation range with 3 undertones and 8 shades in each undertone. I really like the smooth texture and the light to medium coverage. The finish is what I call satin, not too matte, not too dewy. It wears well on my skin, and only fades a little by the end of the day.

My only complaint is there is a big gap between W2 & W3. I happen to fall in between the shades. So I actually have both of them, and mix them together.

I don't use this foundation very often, as I simply have too many foundations. And most days, I'm just too lazy to mix 2 shades together.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2009 5:27:00 AM More reviews by youampersandme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really liked this foundation -- the coverage is light yet "diffuses" minor redness. I've received comments that my skin looks "beautiful without makeup" while wearing this, which is really what I prefer -- I love formulations that don't look like makeup sitting on the skin. The liquid is easy to blend and the matte finish doesn't add any shine to my very oily t-zone. It can accentuate dry skin, so for my normal to dry areas I often use a light moisturizer or serum beforehand. The shade I purchased (W4) looks natural and matches my skin tone well. A huge plus is the SPF 17 in the formula -- I don't need to use a sunscreen beforehand, which can be tricky with my t-zone. I think this is a good foundation for oily and combination skin types to try. I don't find it to be long-wearing, though -- I've never worn it for more than 6 hours without a touch-up, so that can be a downside, depending on your needs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2009 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Violet912

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I think it's wonderful the way this foundation is actually sorted at the store into warm, neutral, and cool shades. I have pale, cool skin and since foundations so often look similar in the bottle, and nothing like how they look on my face, I have a hard time even figuring out which shades are warm and which are cool. I bought C1 - Alabaster, which is the best color match I have ever had. The texture of this is unique - it's got this satiny feel on my face - those who find it unpleasant would consider it to be more of a papery texture. It strikes me as a bit odd, but it doesn't bother me. The coverage is moderate, but wears off. I like the formulation and texture of Clinique's Even Better foundation but their closest color match (also Alabaster, but a neutral shade) comes off a bit yellow on me. Ideally I would like Clinique's Even Better to come in Loreal's C1 shade and I would buy forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by boomygrrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So far, I'm very impressed with this foundation. I have very oily, acne-prone skin, that's also sensitive..go figure.
My HG so far is MUFE Mat Velvet Plus, but this is a close second and at a fraction of the price (plus, it's easier to buy...the grocery store vs. driving across town to Sephora).
This is my second day to wear it. Very very little oxidation and not until the end of the day. My face does look shiney by the middle of the day, but it does with all foundations.
The color selection is awesome.
I was so frustrated with the inaccessibility of my HG makeup. I went across town, forgot which shade I usually get, I picked the wrong one, and now I'm stuck with it because I'm just too lazy to return it. With L'Oreal True Match, it's at my grocery store, just 2 miles away!
I want to give it a few more days try before declaring it as an HG, but it's ranking at least a close second right now.
Will update later.