L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 2/22/2010 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have never, ever liked foundation since 7th grade when I first started playing with it...it's always felt thick and heavy, even if it was put on over a moisturizer and very thinly coated w/a brush it still felt gloppy to me. So I didn't touch foundation, ever, literally, in 8 years... now that I'm 25 and with a bit of ruddiness on my chin and around my nose where I'm forever picking at blackheads I figure I'd give it a go on a friend's recommendation. After scouting makeupalley.com for the highest rated ds foundation I figured I'd five this stuff a go. And I'm super-glad I did!!

For 7 bucks I picked up what is now going to be my HG foundation! I used the swatch thingie that Walgreens had attached to the True Match display, and it turned out I matched "N2" I thought this would be too light, but figured I'd give the swatch a try, and it was 100% correct!!

At 7:30 AM I put on my aveeno complexion-clearing foundation, let it soak in, and then dotted the the true-match foundation on with a cosmetic sponge, mainly on my forehead, nose, and chin, with a little bit on my cheeks- it blended in super-well just using the sponge- no streaking, no patches, no blotches, no nothing..except perfectly flawless, even skin. After letting it soak in while I brushed my teeth, I finished it off with a bit of cover girl powder just to set it. The result? My makeup stayed on all day, and looked flawless until I took it off at 8 PM.

I have noticed a mild breakout on my chin since I started using this, but it could just be hormonal, so I'm going to give it another month- but that's the only reason it's got 4 lippies and not 5. Thankfully it's just small whiteheads and not nasty cystic pimples.

Use the swatch tool- you might think it's too light, but I'm willing to bet it will match you perfectly...

EDIT: every now and then this makeup can slip and slide around your nose and mouth- so make sure you really let your moisturizer set before you put it on.

on 2/22/2010 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My only real problem with this foundation is that it doesn't last very long. But I seem to have a very hard time getting any foundation to stay put. :) It's very easy to build coverage. Overall, I do like it. Not horribly expensive. They also have a great color selection. I would buy it again.

on 2/21/2010 9:04:00 PM

The texture of this foundation is great, and it feels practically weightless. Unfortunately, the packaging makes the shade look WAY darker than the shade actually is. So, unfortunately, I can't wear this foundation out much, because it's really pale. It also doesn't look good with my bronzer, in my opinion, because it makes it look orange! All in all, a pretty good feeling. But they might want to work on making sure that the shade you see is actually the shade you get. I would buy this product again, just a few shades darker.

on 2/19/2010 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I would say that this foundation is just okay. I like that it was rather easy to find the correct color for my skin tone. I don't like the bottle, I wish it had a pump. The formula isn't too thick so this isn't going to give tons of coverage if that's what you are looking for. It also has a bit of shimmer to it, which helps to give a nice glow. I don't know if it's just me or what... but if I use too much of this product it tends to oxidize around midday. Not cute. But when I apply a light application it looks nice. In the summer I don't use this one because I get too oily around midday. It's great for using in the winter or colder climates.

EDIT: Hate this stuff. It breaks me out. I used this for a week straight as I was trying to finish the bottle and found that this product was the culprit. Will never buy again. Went to the trash.

on 2/16/2010 4:17:00 PM

I absolutely love the texture of this makeup. I have skin that is not exactly dry, but is on the tight side, and this was very comfortable. I like the buildability of it and the smooth finished texture!!! Was sad to realize the colors I bought just were not right!! I am an NC20 in MAC, and after buying a few shades I realized I am an in between color in Loreal True Match. After returning the shades, I realized that the Loreal website has a foundation shade matching chart, but they listed no match for my MAC shade. Use this chart to compare your current foundation and it will tell you which Loreal shade to buy. If you find a match, definately go buy it. I like that the bottle was compact too, but still had a wide mouth so when you got to the dregs at the bottom they would be easy to scrape out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product has moderate to good coverage and blends in perfectly with my skin. I have sun beige W6! I don't like spending much money on foundation so the price was fairly good.

on 2/16/2010 3:15:00 AM

i liked this foundation at first, but after i started wearing it for work/school and when i was going to be out longer it started looking horrible. when you first put it on it looks good, but after a few hours it starts to come off, and look a little cakey. its an okay foundation if you only plan on wearing it for an hour or two and dont plan on doing anything while wearing it. other than that its bad.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ehh. I don't love this product but I don't hate it. I was originally attracted to this product after seeing a couple of reviews on youtube that pretty much promised me I would find the right shade for me. It's really hard to find a correct shade of foundation for my skin. I have pale olive skin that is very yellow toned. Most foundations that are as light as my skin are pink toned and foundations that have my yellow undertones are too dark. Most people recommend to use the little color finding sheet that is usually there and put it over your wrist or face or neck or whatever, but I found this didn't really help. The only color that disappeared into my skin was W1 Porcelain which is definitely not my color because I'm not fair skin. So, as I did guess and test and originally went with W5 Sand Beige because it seemed to be the most yellow toned shade and W4 Natural Beige, I think, was darker than Sand Beige. I went home and put it on and ick. It was at least 3 shades darker than my skin tone and orange. I immediately ran out and exchanged it for W3 Nude Beige. When I put it on in the morning, it wasn't as dark as W5 but it was dark and orange. I started panicking because I had a party in 30 minutes and I didn't have time to exchange it. I went back to look in the mirror about 10 minutes later and the it was lighter. It closely matched my skin tone but not completely. Sigh, I don't think I'll ever find a foundation that completely matches my skin color. It has medium coverage that can enhance dry patches and flakes if your skin isn't well exfoliate and moisturized. It also has a very liquid-y consistency that I didn't like very much. The packaging is HORRIBLE. So messy and I accidently poured about half the foundation out.
It's pretty long lasting. I overall would buy it again, mainly because it's the only foundation the closely matches my skin tone.

on 2/15/2010 3:29:00 PM

This stuff is horrible! it's literally like water. Provide's medium coverage, but it horrific; mask like foundation that makes my dry skin that's been moisturized thoroughly look even more dry. The only positive thing I can say about this product is that the shade W1 is the best shade I've ever found that matches my skin. To this day I haven't found a shade as good as W1 that matches me so well. But overall, I would NEVER buy this ever again.

on 2/14/2010 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This product is really really bad for sensitive skin. I have very sensitive skin and this product made my face all red and peeling in just a few hours and took about a week to go back to normal. I also didn't thik any of the colours were that great a match either.