October 30, 2014 | 1697 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by malabu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wore this foundation for a period, but my color match turned out to be too yellow for me and made me look very sick (especially on pictures!). I also remember that it was a little dry for me. The coverage was not that good, I never got this flawless and fresh result that I wanted. However, it was easy to apply and blend and the packaging quality is good since it comes with a pump which makes it sooo much easier to handle. I can't believe that some foundations still come without the pump! It is affordable. I would NOT buy this product again because of the yellow result.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by vdawg628

When this product came out I had to try it. Actually, if you asked me, I couldn't even remember what foundation I was using before this. It is hard for me to find a color to match my skin b/c I am half asian and half black. When I first started using this I loved how smoothly it went on and also how it didn't feel or look cakey but at the same time gave great coverage. It covers pimples really well without hardly any need for concealer. For some reason I decided to try out the Mousse liquid makeup by maybelline and the color I got was a tad too light. I didn't want it to go to waste so I played around with my True Match and the Mousse foundation and mixed up the perfect color for me. It matches way better than the True Match alone. Together these products (IMHO) mix well nicely for me and doesn't feel heavy or cakey at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by masimiso

AN ABSOLUTEEE STINKKKFESSSTTT. firstly for a TRUE MATCH foundation, i couldn't even find a match for my skin tone, the cool was too pink, the warm was tooooo ORANGE. secondly, IT MADE ME ITCH, IT CLOGGED MY PORES I HAD ONE THE WORST PIMPLE EPISODES THANKS TO THIS, the formula is definitely toooo heavy for anyone. i donno what this product is doing out there it stinks, true match my ass.and ive since yet to touch a SINGLE loreal product.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by bebejlovexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the worst foundation I have ever tried for my dry skin. While the color match and packaging were fine, it was just too drying for my skin. It was very cakey looking on me. I'm sure it would be better for people with oily skin. I'm giving this product a 2 and not a 1 because while it was horrible looking on me, it did not break out my dry acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by xjennlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is definitely one of my favorite foundations. I used to use MAC Mineralize Skinfinish all the time, but I sometimes found it a bit too thick for an everyday foundation. I recently bought this for around $11 and I really love it. It blends so easily and covers my blemishes perfectly without any concealer. It did take me a while to find my shade, but I eventually did (I use Buff Beige; NC30-40). I haven't broken out or anything since I've used this so I will definitely be using this from now on.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by cereslyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you have dry skin. Stay away from this foundation. It showed patchy-ness and it sunk into my fine lines. The coverage wasn't that great either, by the end of the day, my skin went back to normal. This product might be good for some, but if you have dry and fair skin like me, please just stay away from this foundation. I really don't recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Ayuli

I picked the foundation closest to my shade using the color swatch, expecting it to match my skin tone (n4) and it came out really orange after less than an hour ! I thought it made my skin kind of dewy looking at first, but under the sun, my face looked really shiny, like I was sweating a lot from my face or something! It feels a little greasy upon application, but I guess it had a decent coverage and can double up as concealer. I tried 2 different colors, and both were too orange for me, making me look really weird since I'm kind of pale and have yellow undertones. If the colors weren't so off, it'd be decent.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by bellamelly

I've been on the hunt for a foundation that matches my pale, slightly yellow-toned skin. I've tried everything - and I mean *everything* - high end, and drug store. True Match in W1 is the first that really isn't too dark or too pink. The finish, in my opinion, is neither to dewy or too matte. It gives me a subtle glow and feels soft and lovely and doesn't seem to be slipping into pores or lines. Coverage is excellent and seems to layer well. I agree the bottle could be more elegant, though it is nice and compact. At this price (I got this on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart for under $12!), I'm not going to complain.

Edit: I am noticing that it is giving me a patchy look over dry spots - unforgiving and taking too much time to blend when I'm in a hurry. Won't be using this in winter months as my skin gets drier.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2009 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Yum3ji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

MY THOUGHTS: I can't believe there was ever a point that I used this foundation (note: my only experience is with the original formulation). Even the lightest shade appeared orange on my face. Meanwhile, there was barely any coverage to even out my skin tone, let alone the dark circles around my eyes. After using MAC and mineral makeup, I won't ever switch back. This product would be better off for those with naturally perfect skin, e.g. no need for coverage.

PAULA BEGOUN: Excellent (Paula's Pick!). True Match Super Blendable Makeup SPF 17 ($9.99) is L'Oreals best foundation for normal to very oily skin. The fluid, silky formula feels almost weightless on skin and blends superbly, setting to a natural matte finish that is translucent enough to let your skin show through, while still providing light coverage that diffuses minor flaws and redness. The original version of this foundation did not include sunscreen, but L'Oreal wisely added one with the sole active being titanium dioxide. Now True Match Super Blendable Makeup is an even better choice for those with oily skin. The palette of 24 shades is not only one of the largest shade selections for a single drugstore foundation, but also, for the first time, L'Oreal's shades take a strong cue from Lancome's typically superior selection of neutral colors. Almost all of the shades are excellent, and they cover a wide range of skin tones from porcelain to deep tan. The only shades to avoid are Natural Ivory C2 and Classic Beige C5 (both too pink), and Tawny Beige C6 (too peach).

The only drawback to this foundation is its drier finish. Although it does a good job of reducing oily shine and keeping skin looking polished, it tends to emphasize the slightest bit of dry skin, and can also make lines around the eye look more apparent. If you have dry areas or visible lines around the eye, it is imperative that you smooth and hydrate these areas before applying this foundation. An emollient moisturizer lightly applied around the eyes and regular use of an effective topical exfoliant should minimize this problem and make working with this foundation a better experience. Note: This foundation contains subtle shimmer particles that impart a barely perceptible shine to the skin. The particles are so small you have to look very closely to see them in daylight, but it's worth mentioning for those who wish to avoid any type of shimmer in their makeup. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by ThreeAngels3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For a drugstore foundation it comes in a wide variety of shades, so I was able to find the perfect match for my complexion. It goes on smoothly and evenly and feels like silk. Unlike most foundations it does not feel heavy at all; in fact, it's so lightweight that it doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything more than a light moisturizer, yet it covers beautifully. My only issue with this product is that I have oily skin and it does nothing to control shine. L'Oreal Infallible is a notch above this and tends to be longer-wearing as well.