December 18, 2014 | 844 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2009 3:21:00 AM More reviews by bellastellae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really really like this mascara. I had never used mascara before because none of the ones I had ever tried seemed to make any difference. But with this mascara, wow.... now I use mascara everyday! I am an asian girl with short, straight lashes, and this mascara makes them seriously long and thick. I didn't think that was possible on me!

If you already have nice lashes, I don't think you need this mascara. It might look too heavy on you. And yes, this mascara can get a little spidery, but if you apply it fast, it looks very good. I recently tried CG's Lash Blast... didn't like it. Maybelline's Full and Soft was fine if you have good lashes already. I returned both of those and stuck with this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love my Glam Black Colossal SO MUCH! Both kinds of Colossal (waterproof or normal) are HGs for me. The finish is slightly different depending on the formula, and the colors show up differently.

Lasts a long time
Unscented
Applicator helps the formula build on the lashes nicely
Great plumping
Nice color selection
Doesn't flake or smudge

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2009 2:27:00 PM More reviews by lavonvixen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this mascara for several months and I love it. I usually put on two coats after curling my lashes. This really makes my lashes longer, fuller, and my eyes pop.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2009 1:27:00 PM More reviews by orderlydisconduct

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i can't decide if i like this.
the mascara itself is very thick and heavy. it claims to not clump but it definitely does. once i put it on and let it dry i immediately wanted it off. it looks cakey and flakes a lot. it doesn't look natural at all. however after carefully getting rid of the clumps with tweezers and trying to fix it, it did look a little better.
if you want an intense, "HELLO WORLD, I HAVE MASCARA ON" look, this will work. it does frame my eyes and make the blue-green color pop. it also makes the lashes longer and darker. it just doesn't look very natural, which is what i look for in a mascara personally.
i don't think i'll buy this again but it's an interesting change

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2009 1:17:00 PM More reviews by ladygarcia26

i bought this product a big lots for 1.oo very great. i have it in glam brown. its a more softer look. it make my lashes fuller and longer

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by botticellibabe

I like this mascara :) Gives nice volume. But it gave me clumps in the beginning, and I decided I liked CG LashBlast a little more. But if you use a defintion mascara beforehand, you can get great eyelashes! Although I returned it and purchased LashBlast instead, I am almost positive that I will be repurchasing in the future! So yes...I liked LashBlast a little more...but just a little ;) I would definitely recommend this!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2009 3:44:00 PM More reviews by MW16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought i would try this product due to the hype of it. I thought the consistency was ok but i hated the brush as it is to big to coat my lower lashes. Although it did give a nice effect it didn't volumise as i wanted it to and i didn't want add coat after coat. but over all a good product which will not break the bank and i love the packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2009 12:21:00 PM More reviews by micholc

I purchased this because I liked the volume express, so I thought this would be even thicker. It goes on ok but dries out quickly. My complaint is that it starts flaking right away. I didn't really pay attention to the smell, I was just watching how it went on.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2009 9:23:00 AM More reviews by BreannaT

I am a mascara addict. I have tried almost all of them. So this mascara wasn't super great, but it was an ok mascara. It stays on well and does a decent job volumizing. So not one of my top fav's ...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by l00kalivex1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

love this stuff. use it everyday - glam black for going out, and brown for everyday. the brown is really nice for a natural look. i have pretty short, straight thin lashes but this mascara really opens me eyes up and is worth the price. i don't know how it fares on double coats though because i only ever use one (it's that good in my opinion)