November 28, 2014 | 859 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2003 12:47:00 PM More reviews by ErinK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

From what I hear, this is totally a YMMV item, but I'll add my two cents for what it's worth. I tried this a while back hoping it might be what the Dr ordered for my ultra dry skin. I figured if it was HG material, I could then stomach the price. Not only did it not do anything amazing for my face, after a few days I had a clogged pore problem. This is quite unusual for me, usually I can put Crisco on my face with no problems since it's so dry. It was the CDLM that did it. I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2003 10:05:00 AM More reviews by HearArt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent moisturizing cream that is worth the price. My skin absolutely glows when I use this product. Gone forever is flaky dry looking skin. Regular exfoliation did not accomplish this, and my skin would always look flaky later in the day. An added bonus is less foundation is needed for coverage and your makeup wears much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2003 12:39:00 AM More reviews by oclbgirl

I use this mostly as an undereye cream b/c my skin is far too oily to require such a heavy moisturizer. I've been happy using this as an eye cream. It helps w/ my undereye circles and softens my undereye lines. I will sometimes use this on scars and it does speed up the scar-clearing process b/c it gradually lightens the dark scar area w/o bothering my skin. I also use it sparingly for any dry, irritated patches on my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2003 2:20:00 PM More reviews by lory

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a luxurious creme, and the packaging is elegant. However, it didn't make much of a difference in my skin tone or texture. I have combination skin, so perhaps it's mostly for those with drier skin. Since it made me break out, I thought about returning it, but didn't bother trying. I just continued to use it under my eyes.
I've found that using a creme with glycolic acid (from my derm) has made the biggest difference for me as a moisurizer w/out breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2003 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Renee110

I really like this moisturizer. I thought it would be too heavy because it is so dense and hard to spread. But my face is never oily and the dry flaky patches beside my nose have cleared up. I don't know if it is worth what they charge, but seeing as how I have had those dry flakes for several years and even facials don't eradicate them, it's worth it for me! I took one lipstick off because of price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2003 3:24:00 PM More reviews by BASHADOODLE

I have oily skin that I'd dried out using Retin A and Oxy and it was a mess. Dry and flaky when I washed it and about a half hour later it would look like an oil slick. While strolling through Saks one day, the girl at the LaMer counter stopped me and gave me a sample of the cream(which alone is worth about $20). I tried it for a week, and went back for the full size jar. I alternate between this and Retin A every other night, and my face has never looked better

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2003 3:41:00 AM More reviews by tsuitsui

I love it so much. I can see a great difference after 3 days of usage. I have combined skin type but still works well. Because of stress and allegic to coffee, I got lots of pimples on my face but after using La mer face serum and creme, I have much a mosturized face and less pimples.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2003 1:28:00 PM More reviews by juliecorn

This moisturizer is AWESOME! I put some on before I go to bed and by morning my skin is silky soft and firm. It even last throughout the day. Highly recommended if 40 yrs or older.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2003 7:41:00 PM More reviews by reyna

Little goes a long way. Stick with the original cream instead of the new-fangled products which did nothing or worse for me (lotion, eye balm, and serum). I use the cream sparingly on dry spots. Helps with forever-flaky area by mouth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2003 7:23:00 PM More reviews by chopstix888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

it works well when used only at night. its very heavy and i go to bed with an oily face. in the morning, my skin looks great though! and stays moisturized even after washing. it is expensive so good if u can afford it and keep in mind that when u use it, don't skimp on the amt you use or it doesn't have much benefit. i would buy again.