July 25, 2014 | 1271 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2003 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Ariella4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A very ordinary cream for a very crazy price. what is so special about this seaweed broth thing.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2003 3:45:00 PM More reviews by highfashion26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had the chance to use this product about about 9 years ago, and it worked like a miracle, and healed and smoothed scars that I had for years. Then I couldn't locate it anymore and finally found some at a Saks several years later. What happened to the dream product? I think you would be just the same buying one of Estee Lauder's moisturizers for half the price, for the same product. Such a shame. Mac cosmetics fell the same way once Estee bought them out. The lipglass and studiofix are nothing like the originals that I had.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2003 11:58:00 AM More reviews by dlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried the Oil-Free La Mer and it is the first lotion I ever used that did not send my combination skin into oil overload. I highly recommend it. My skin was soft and smooth and even toned - when I used it consistently. You use so little, it lasts forever. It is pricey, so it's a hard habit to keep up - I've tried to find alternatives at the drugstore, but nothing has ever worked quite as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2003 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Gem03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really don't understand all the hype on this product? I was lucky enough to get a sample of this. And although I'm reslly glad I got to try it(to see what all the hype was about)I found it to be very ordinary.
I don't have wrinkles so maybe that's why I wasn't too impressed with it.
As far as moisturizing goes it does an average job. I actually think Nivea cream (the cream its been compared to) moisturizes a whole lot better and is SO much cheaper. To me they even smell slightly similar.
But anyway, this product wasn't bad, but (for me) not worth the hefty price tag. If your considering trying this definitely get a sample first.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2003 7:50:00 PM More reviews by snuffy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought LaMer because of all the hype. I was hearing mixed reviews about it, so I had to give it a try myself. I tried it out for about 8 weeks, which I thought was a fair amount to give to give a product. I followed the directions that the sales associate to use the product. It gave me terrible acne. I have combination skin, and get one pimple probably every couple of months. This is the first time I got 5 pimples in one month!!! My dermatologist said I had to stop using the product. I have stopped using LaMer now for a week, and the breakouts aren't happening anymore. I think this product is wonderful for some people but for me it was horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2003 6:07:00 PM More reviews by NEELAM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

8 months ago I was left with a 3rd degree skin burn. Anyway went to Derm. Office, and instead my skin got worse. I got very oily, sensitive acne prone skin. I came across La mer, and decided to try a sample. I was told to use very little. Also, SA told me that I might break out within the first three weeks, and start to see results after 1 month of use. I didn't break out, instead my skin became clearer and saw results after a month. Happy to say after six months of use, my skin is now smooth, clear, even, soft, glowing, less oily and my pores seems looks smaller. My skin hasn't look this well in a long time and having been getting lots of compliments. This line works well with any other line. Also, I use CDLM as an eye and neck cream. I purchased the full size and received the deluxe size samples. Hate the packagin and the $$$$, but love what it does. RECOMMEND TO TRY SAMPLES FIRST, to see if it works for you. You can call and ask for samples at 416-789-5377 ask for La Mer. I find it cheaper by $10 - $15US

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2003 10:16:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this cream. It's a very good moisturizer for dry skin. The only challenge is that the application must be done in a very specific way. First, face and hands must be completely dry. If there's any water on either, the texture gets very slippery and doesn't go on smooth. Second, you're supposed to warm this between your fingers. I can't figure out what this does. Again, it's a good moisturizer, but I don't know that it's worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2003 3:49:00 AM More reviews by denyserg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I finally broke down and bought both the original moisturizer at $90 for an ounce, and the face serum, for $175 an ounce--nearly $300 after taxes. My opinion of the creme, notwithstanding all of the instructions to warm it between index fingers, is that no matter what you do, it does not prevent the oily and greasy feeling that results after application. This is preceded by the serum, which for some reason I prefer, as far as the 2 products are concerned. Once the cream is added, however, I feel too oily.

My favorite combination os the products is the La Mer face serum, followed by Kinerase cream, which at least has published studies of results, as opposed to mere testimonials. I'd probably stick with the serum, the Kinerase, but the creme is a bit too hyped for the greasy results, and I am disappointed. I'd love to know if anyone else has stuck with the cream, after similar initial results, only to find it was worth the investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2003 9:34:00 PM More reviews by pinky0710

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OK, after all the talking about La Mer I decided to spend $ 90 on this one, hoping that I wouldn't like it very much. Turn out I was wrong....

It gives me a nice glow, smooth skin like baby's bottom, even tone and just look healthy. You only need a dime when you apply it, so I hope one jar could last me for 6 months.
I have combo skin, and it doesn't cause any breakout at all.
Definitely a keeper, worth every penny

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2003 12:21:00 AM More reviews by GreedyWitch

Everything about this product is true--it's AMAZING, PERFECT, and MIRACULOUS!
The thick creme, avoided like the plague by those afflicted with acne-prone skin, came as a warm welcome to my somewhat blemished complexion. After constant usage, and incorporation of the intensie serum, my skin has never been clearer and healthier.
LA MER IS FABULOUS and worth EVERY PENNY!