September 19, 2014 | 1793 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2003 3:24:00 PM More reviews by BASHADOODLE

I have oily skin that I'd dried out using Retin A and Oxy and it was a mess. Dry and flaky when I washed it and about a half hour later it would look like an oil slick. While strolling through Saks one day, the girl at the LaMer counter stopped me and gave me a sample of the cream(which alone is worth about $20). I tried it for a week, and went back for the full size jar. I alternate between this and Retin A every other night, and my face has never looked better

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2003 3:41:00 AM More reviews by tsuitsui

I love it so much. I can see a great difference after 3 days of usage. I have combined skin type but still works well. Because of stress and allegic to coffee, I got lots of pimples on my face but after using La mer face serum and creme, I have much a mosturized face and less pimples.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2003 1:28:00 PM More reviews by juliecorn

This moisturizer is AWESOME! I put some on before I go to bed and by morning my skin is silky soft and firm. It even last throughout the day. Highly recommended if 40 yrs or older.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2003 7:41:00 PM More reviews by reyna

Little goes a long way. Stick with the original cream instead of the new-fangled products which did nothing or worse for me (lotion, eye balm, and serum). I use the cream sparingly on dry spots. Helps with forever-flaky area by mouth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2003 7:23:00 PM More reviews by chopstix888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

it works well when used only at night. its very heavy and i go to bed with an oily face. in the morning, my skin looks great though! and stays moisturized even after washing. it is expensive so good if u can afford it and keep in mind that when u use it, don't skimp on the amt you use or it doesn't have much benefit. i would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2003 2:47:00 PM More reviews by deed9696

For years I avoided it wondering "what on earth was so special about a face cream" and why is it so expensive?! I tried some recently and I am hooked. I have dry skin in the winter, but after using it once, I am radiant and my skin is as soft as a baby's behind! So pricey, but you can make it last. Great if you can afford it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2003 2:24:00 PM More reviews by octoberbride

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I simply cannot believe this stuff sells for $99 oz.!!!! It is sooooo greasy and smells absolutely disgusting! Reminds me of a cross between that old fashioned rose water perfume and peppermint Lifesavers. I use it mainly as an eye cream because when I do use it on my whole face, it just sits there and doensn't even absorb! I bought this as a sample on E-bay and I'm glad I did because now I know I would NEVER pay for a full size jar.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2003 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Ariella4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A very ordinary cream for a very crazy price. what is so special about this seaweed broth thing.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2003 3:45:00 PM More reviews by highfashion26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had the chance to use this product about about 9 years ago, and it worked like a miracle, and healed and smoothed scars that I had for years. Then I couldn't locate it anymore and finally found some at a Saks several years later. What happened to the dream product? I think you would be just the same buying one of Estee Lauder's moisturizers for half the price, for the same product. Such a shame. Mac cosmetics fell the same way once Estee bought them out. The lipglass and studiofix are nothing like the originals that I had.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2003 11:58:00 AM More reviews by dlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried the Oil-Free La Mer and it is the first lotion I ever used that did not send my combination skin into oil overload. I highly recommend it. My skin was soft and smooth and even toned - when I used it consistently. You use so little, it lasts forever. It is pricey, so it's a hard habit to keep up - I've tried to find alternatives at the drugstore, but nothing has ever worked quite as well.