August 22, 2014 | 1722 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 10:31:00 AM More reviews by michelleeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Every time I try to switch to a different foundation, I always come back to this one. I use SFF in NC37 and it's amazing! I got color matched, so it fits me perfectly and I am happy with it. The coverage is amazing, not too heavy for me unless I pack it on. I apply SFF with a Mac 109 brush and the result is heavenly and airbrushed. When applied, it does not streak (depending on the brush), it blends in well and the staying power is endless. This is my HG foundation and I've tried many foundations in the past from drugstore like Revlon to high-end like Laura Mercier.

The price may not be the best and the packaging sucks because you have to pay more for the pump, but the result is perfect for me. I have really sensitive skin and it's combination, so when I take this off at night, I have to make sure all of it is off. The reason people say MAC breaks them out is not because of the product, it's because people don't make sure the product is ALL OUT. Of course it'll clog your pores when you're sleeping if you didn't take it all off. MAC is studio makeup and is meant to stay for a long time, making it very heavy on the face, so you have to make sure you remove the product fully! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by tina1wina13

I love this foundation! I got this in a swap and have never tried any of mac's liquid foundations because of their reputation of breaking people out, however this is the best foundation I think I have used yet. I love love love it! However I hate the pour top, and I have to buy a pump but other than that it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2009 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Hevz555

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Have tried many, many foundations and this is the one I always go back to. Good coverage, great colour selection.

Still on the hunt for my HG but for the time being this will do nicely.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2009 11:21:00 AM More reviews by anamogolla

It is a good foundation but, i dosent match my skin, so i have to mix a nc40 and a nc37, it last but it dosent last my more than 5-6 hours....but the coverage it''s pretty good, so i woul buy it again but im still looking for the perfect one....

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2009 1:39:00 AM More reviews by drgnfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation! I felt like another reviewer in that some days my NW 15 was great and others too dark so I picked up NC 15 and now I mix the two ending up with my perfect shade!!! Add a little strobe cream and I am in heaven! It may seem like a lot of work but I have never found a foundation that matches my skin tone because I am so pale and, I teach ballroom dancing so finding a foundation that won't sweat off or oxidize has been a chore. Studio Fix looks great throughout the day and covers beautifully. I use concealer under my eyes but this foundation covers any blemishes and redness so it saves time. I LOVE IT!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by mazerooni987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. I am NW15 and some days I think it's perfect and others I think it's too dark ,very annoying! The coverage is fantastic, really hides any blemishes or marks even without concealer. It has a very thick consistency though so you have to be careful about how much you use. I really dislike the fact that it doesn't come with the pump, it's expensive enough without adding on the price of the pump! It has a very matte finish so it's not really for people with very enlarged pores. I have combination skin but find I rarley have to touch it up during the day even on my oily T-Zone. I use the studio fix powder to set it and find they work well together. This foundation didn't make me break out thankfully! I wouldn't recommend it if you have very oily or very dry skin as it will just highlight these problems. Ask for sample first is my advice!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by ttyn

This was one of the best that I have tryed..good coverage , long lasting and its matched my skin tone well. Im still on the look out for the best thou..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

This is the best foundation for my skin I have ever found. I have dry to combination skin and have tried many other products, including the much hyped Makeup Forever HD foundation, and still always come back to the Studio Fix. I use the MAC 187 stippling brush to apply it these days and it covers flawlessly. I have redness and some broken capillaries and this foundation covers them quite well. I do use a loose powder over it with some mineral cover, buffing that in before blush and contour. Just a great product!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2009 7:11:00 PM More reviews by AlexWhitton

So I'm 28 and have had acne for the last 4 years. I have been taking acne medicine prescribed by my dermatologist. I've always loved MAC's eye makeup and quality brushes so decided to give the foundation a try. I told them that I have acne prone skin and it's very sensitive. They said their products are fine for acne prone skin. NOT!! Break outs got soooo awful after about 2 weeks of using it and after a few hours of wearing it my skin would start screaming to take it off. I'd have to wash my face twice at night to get it off. I then decided to research the ingredients. Algae Extract and Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate are both a 5 on a scale of 1-5 (5 being the worst) as comedogenic. Serious?! Going to take it back to MAC and get a refund for LYING to me. Then try bare minerals I keep hearing about.

I am hoping this make-up did not ruin the great progress I was having with my acne since starting the regime my dermatologist started me on.

I just wish I had read reviews about it before using it as 90% of people who are acne prone said they broke out (bad).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2009 11:08:00 AM More reviews by ctoth23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This gives great coverage without feeling or looking cakey. I'm on my second bottle now but now i seem to be breaking out from it so i've been sticking to a different foundation i'm going to give it another chance but if i break out again i will not repurchase.