October 31, 2014 | 875 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 2:57:00 AM More reviews by macgucci

I bought the 32-oz. bottle that comes with a pump and keep it in the shower. I just love it because a single pump will get all of my makeup off, including any eye makeup, without drying my skin or stinging my eyes. It rinses clean away and doesn't leave a residue or fragrance. If you get the large bottle it lasts forever and ends up being quite a good value. Purity is a product I'll be sure to not run out of.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2007 8:08:00 PM More reviews by JulieLance

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So disappointed in Philosophy products and this is no exception. Way too expensive and nothing special....I have bought much less expensive products that were far better....save your money and look elsewhere...

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2007 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Fearnotsomuch

I can't use this as my "go to" skin care product as it doesn't help out too much with the amount of blackheads I have. However, it is great for removing makeup prior to the rest of my skincare routine! (which I haven't yet figured out..)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2007 10:23:00 PM More reviews by jesshamus

This product is horrendous! It's got a gross chemically smell and it totally dries up your skin. Also, it caused me to break out big time! Huge cystic pimples which thank god my dermatologist took care of. Will never buy again. And the packaging is cheap and breaks easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 4:21:00 PM More reviews by rowanswhimsy

I love this product. It removes all of my makeup (including eye makeup) while leaving my skin feeling very soft. It's a creamy cleanser that doesn't foam up but still seems to just melt makeup and dirt away. I have slight rosacea and my skin can often be sensitive. This cleanser is very soothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 1:34:00 PM More reviews by nicolley77

one of my tried and true cleansers. it takes off all makeup (except waterproof mascara). it doesn't foam so it rinses off clean. the smell is fairly pleasant, but don't get it in your mouth because it tastes horrible. it can be a little drying, but since i have oily skin it isn't a problem for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2007 1:12:00 AM More reviews by TFly

I love this product. Works very well to take off ALL your makeup. Takes off eyelash glue too! I get the 32 oz. size from QVC so the value is great. This is a staple in my regime.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2007 11:05:00 PM More reviews by khourianya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

After many years using Clinique's 3-step system, and gettingno results, I leaped at a chance to try Philosophy's products. I am really impressed with Philosophy's Purity Made Simple cleanser. Never in my 10+ years using clinique has my face felt this clean when I finished washinf it. I always felt like it was coated and then a follow-up toner only helped to dry out my skin.

Purity made Simple feels just like it says...Pure and Simple. I use twice a day and my skin feels so soft and clean. Then I follow it up with my now beloved Hope In a Jar and the Hope in a Tube eye and lip cream. I notice that my skin is clearer and I want to say more radiant.

I highly recommend buying one of their kits to try a few products (they are a really good deal).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2007 10:38:00 PM More reviews by laurenp

holy grail. removes every bit of makeup yet doesn't dry out my skin or leave a greasy residue. i did not like the herbal scent at first, but hae learned to find it invigorating. i will never try another cleanser. i've been using this daily for over a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2007 10:07:00 AM More reviews by ale8one

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is good for my acne-prone, combination skin. I like the way it feels. It suds up nicely. My skin feels very clear and clean after using this. It does a good job of removing makeup too. I will buy this again!