Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 1/25/2008 5:31:00 AM

This is a wonderful cleanser for people who wear no or little makeup AND for those who wear makeup almost everyday like me. This cleanser gently yet effectively takes off all my makeup, including waterproof mascara. After cleansing with this, my skin is left clean and well-balanced and ready for my morning or night ritual. It's on the more expensive side, though not grossly pricey like Kinerase or Perricone type stuff, but a little goes a long way and the quality is definitely there. If you must have heavy lather in your facial cleanser, then perhaps you may want to skip this, but I recommend giving it a try regardless, and perhaps you too will genuinely like this cleanser.

This cleanser is awesome!! I takes off all the traces of my MU. I was skeptical at first when I received a sample, but as soon as I tried it I completely fell in love. I bought the complete Makeup Optional Kit and LOVE IT!! Before Philosophy skincare, I used the complete Arbonne NutriminC Re9 set. I used the line for over a year, but near the end my skin was starting to get filmy and acne started forming. Also, I had to wash my face 2-3 times to remove all the MU. The toner didn't even take it off. Why? I have no clue, plus the whole set cost me around $300 (yikes!). But, with Purity Made simple, all it takes is once. The cleanser can last for months. This product is my new HG. I'm never changing!

on 1/22/2008 12:05:00 AM

I love this stuff. My face always feels clean after i use it and it doesnt dry out my skin or cause breakouts.

on 1/21/2008 10:39:00 PM

This is my favorite cleanser. I started with a trial size and it lasted a long time. This cleanser smells good, doesn't burn my eyes, and gets off all my makeup -- even mascara. I will keep using this product!

on 1/20/2008 10:56:00 AM

I saw a trial size of this product for sale at sephora and decided to try it out since I had read some good reviews on it. I'm very glad I did! For reference, I have normal to dry skin that never breaks out. This gentle cleanser is very moisturizing for my dry skin. The scent almost reminds me of the Dove bar scent, so if that bothers you, this product probably isn't for you. Since using this product, my skin has felt very soft. I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

on 1/20/2008 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is the best cleanser I've ever tried! And I'm very picky about my skincare. I've never found a cleanser that takes off alllllll my makeup (I wear a lot) AND leaves my skin squeaky clean AND so soft and smooth! It has definitely helped my breakouts and is not irritating at all!
I actually can't wait to wash my face now!
I usually like cleansers that foam up and though this one doesn't, the end result (CLEAN SKIN) makes me forget that it even matters.
I will purchase more philosophy products just based on this amazing cleanser from them.
Oh and about the price: at first it seems a little expensive, but when taking in how little you need to use and how long it will last (and the fact that you can even skip your toner and moisturizer if you want) it's so worth every penny. Purchase the largest size if you want to get more for your buck. The ONLY thing I would change about this product is that I would package it with a pump!

on 1/19/2008 11:03:00 AM

Pros: Pleasant plant scent, easy to rinse cleanser that removes my light everyday makeup and sunscreen. I apply this dry to my skin, add water to lather, and then rinse. Does not feel overly drying or cause me to breakout.
Packaging: I usually get this in a giant bottle. It lasts a long time and the packaging is distinctive, but I would strongly recommend that Philosophy add a pump option to this cleanser. It would be a LOT easier to use, and I like this product.
Price: Moderate to slightly expensive. I use a lot less of this since I began applying it dry and then lathering. If you like trying products, many of Philosophy's kits include this cleanser.
Cons: Lots of essential oils on the ingredient list- if you're sensitive to fragrance or to the oils themselves, this probably isn't for you. I'd guess you might also need to double cleanse or use eye makeup remover if you wear more makeup than I do on a daily basis (I wear washable mascara, for example, and rarely wear eye liner/never tightline). I don't think this product will easily remove long-lasting makeup.
Buy again: Yes. This is similar to a Biotherm clarifying cleansing milk that I really like, but is much harder to find.
Edit: DH and I have soft water in the house now. While I still like this product, I think it's leaving a film on my face and I've switched to a foaming cleanser for now.

on 1/16/2008 2:33:00 AM

I love this cleanser! It takes off my makeup, leaves my skin feeling very clean and very soft. And I love the smell of this stuff. It is the only cleanser that doesn't aggravate my rosacea skin.

on 1/15/2008 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It broke me out

on 1/15/2008 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I wasn't thrilled with this cleanser. The consistency is way too thin and runny for me. Also, it doesn't provide enough lather. I was expecting this to be a very gentle, yet effective, cleanser. In my opinion, it wasn't either of these. Something in this cleanser irritated my skin horribly; plus, it didn't remove my makeup very well at all. I think this would be a good, basic cleanser for someone who doesn't have sensitive skin or wear very much makeup.