September 30, 2014 | 1943 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 1:34:00 PM More reviews by nicolley77

one of my tried and true cleansers. it takes off all makeup (except waterproof mascara). it doesn't foam so it rinses off clean. the smell is fairly pleasant, but don't get it in your mouth because it tastes horrible. it can be a little drying, but since i have oily skin it isn't a problem for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2007 1:12:00 AM More reviews by TFly

I love this product. Works very well to take off ALL your makeup. Takes off eyelash glue too! I get the 32 oz. size from QVC so the value is great. This is a staple in my regime.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2007 11:05:00 PM More reviews by khourianya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

After many years using Clinique's 3-step system, and gettingno results, I leaped at a chance to try Philosophy's products. I am really impressed with Philosophy's Purity Made Simple cleanser. Never in my 10+ years using clinique has my face felt this clean when I finished washinf it. I always felt like it was coated and then a follow-up toner only helped to dry out my skin.

Purity made Simple feels just like it says...Pure and Simple. I use twice a day and my skin feels so soft and clean. Then I follow it up with my now beloved Hope In a Jar and the Hope in a Tube eye and lip cream. I notice that my skin is clearer and I want to say more radiant.

I highly recommend buying one of their kits to try a few products (they are a really good deal).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2007 10:38:00 PM More reviews by laurenp

holy grail. removes every bit of makeup yet doesn't dry out my skin or leave a greasy residue. i did not like the herbal scent at first, but hae learned to find it invigorating. i will never try another cleanser. i've been using this daily for over a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2007 10:07:00 AM More reviews by ale8one

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is good for my acne-prone, combination skin. I like the way it feels. It suds up nicely. My skin feels very clear and clean after using this. It does a good job of removing makeup too. I will buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2007 3:50:00 PM More reviews by gellene

This is the only cleanser that removes all my makeup and makes my skin feel super clean when its rinsed off- without drying my face out. I have combination, acne-prone, sensitive skin and this cleanser really keeps my skin balanced. It feels so soothing on my skin. I'm not usually one to be loyal to any particular product. Im always searching for the next best thing but I ALWAYS come back to purity.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2007 1:59:00 AM More reviews by kimberpoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After using this cleanser I rushed out and bought a backup while Spehora was still selling the 'House of Hope' holiday trio, which includes purity, hope in a jar, and a 3-in-1 body wash. The trio is an excellent starter for philosophy, and you get the products cheaper than individually. I love this cleanser. I normally like a very foamy cleanser, but this does such a great job I can overlook the fact that it doesn't foam at all. This feels kinda like a cleansing milk, only it works! ( for reference I have dry, sensitive skin, prone to breakouts) it removes all makeup without making my face overly dry. in fact, my face feels less dry when using this as compared to using straight water. My breakouts have gone away, and no new ones have begun. my skin for once is so clear I am actually happy when I see myself in the morning, and that is a very unusual thing! The smell of this cleanser takes a few times before you get used to it. Basically, it smells like very weak pine sol. no biggie though since the results are so great! my only wish is that I didn't go through it so quick. since it doesn't lather, I use more than I probably need to so I can coat my skin thickly with it. I have gone through about 1/6th of the smallest bottle Sephora sells in a few weeks. I think I will probably go through one of the tiny bottles every six weeks, which will run me 10-15$ every six weeks, which really isn't bad. Love the packaging...sturdy, bendable light plastic, with a flip top lid. Ideal for travelers and campers like me. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2007 10:45:00 AM More reviews by YSG_828

This cleanser is good for combination skin as it does not add oil or strip the skin. It removes sunscreen and make-up well however it does not help with blackheads or congestion which is why i would not buy this cleanser again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2007 8:18:00 AM More reviews by macrobbieus

This is a very nice cleanser from philosophy. It is not a foaming cleanser (which I have been advised against from using as they strip away your natural oils on your face and leaves it drier than before) however it still does the job very well. My face feels clean and there is no trace of makeup left after using it (i tone after with a cotton pad and it does not have makeup on it after cleansing). The nice thing about this product is that it does not give a dry tingling feeling afterwards as if you have used a cleanser with alcohol like menthol in it. Just gives you the clean feeling without overdrying.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2007 12:47:00 AM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I guess this cleanser is okay. but i would not recommend it for skin that reallyyy needs cleansing because it does not remove oil/makeup like it says. at least not on my skin. And the smell is not too pleasing either.