July 25, 2014 | 1831 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product but I was really disappointed, the main reason being that it doesn't hold curl. After curling my lashes and applying this they went straight almost instantly. Maybe its because its not a waterproof formula? I've tried applying it after a coat of another waterproof mascara which seems to help but only slightly. I also find it clumps easily. The good things are that its a true black colour and it lasts without smudging. Unfortunately the bad points outweighed the good :(

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by kblakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using Benefit They're Real for 2 months. I watched the demo video provided by the company on how to apply. I still end up with a clumpy spider lash mess. The only good thing about it is the mascara does not smudge on me. It is extremely difficult to remove though (more so than most waterproof/resistant mascara)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by mrsklynch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The worst mascara I have ever used. With one coat it doesn't add any volume, and with more it glues all of my lashes together and makes horrible spider lashes. Even if i pick them apart they in no way look attractive/normal/real/natural. It makes the ends too thick. It also feels really heavy on my eyes, almost like it's trying to force my eyes shut. I've used mascaras before that I haven't really liked but nothing this bad. So far the best I've used is still maybelline volume express, the original.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by jeye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this as a 100point perk from Sephora. It is crap at holding a curl (even after I curl my lashes). Hard to build it up because the formula seems to be too wet to hold my curl. Even when I layer it lightly, by mid-day my lashes seem to fall flat Lengthens nicely and gives lots of volume though. I will use it up on my bottom lash line. I do find it still smudges throughout the day, I have yet to find a mascara that doesn't though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 1:32:00 PM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Def best mascara out there for volume!!! Have been using this for a few weeks and LOVE it!! Def gives lashes volume and doesn't run. Easy to get off and never clumps. Loreal Voluminous and Voluminous Million are my next best favorite and then Maybelline Falsies (purple tube). Two coats of this is plenty evening for a night out look.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by dmfitzg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Being on the otherside of 40 (*ahem*) my lashes have become small and invisible, even though they are naturally black. Heard different opinions on They're Real and, after trying a ton of drugstore and he mascaras, decided to just try this. IT IS AMAZING. My lashes look long and THICK! Even as a younger woman I never had lashes this good. They look good after one coat, but after two coats they are gorgeous. And not dry, clumpy or sticky looking. They feel relatively soft (as soft as they could having mascara on). For me, $22 USD is a little pricey and I would have returned it if it didn't work & got my money back. However, $22 is worth it to have pretty lashes!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by xxsamarxx

HG mascara! i LOVE this mascara! I hardly ever write reviews but this one really deserves one. I have quite thin lashes with decent length but no volume then one coat of this then BAM! beautiful doll eyed lashes that look like falsies! the lashes are long with so much volume but it dosent look tacky at all. One thing is though, this mascara won't work for everyone - my sister tried it out (after seeing my lashes) and HATED it. I've been getting loads of compliments since i have started to wear this mascara. The price is verrrry steep (18.50) but its an amazing buy (if you're not sure whether or not to buy it - get a benefit sales assistant to put it on you)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by jskellis

I've tried a lot of high end mascara and I got to a plateau where I thought I'd never find anything a nice as Chanel Inimitable and Diorshow Iconic. Faux Cils, Buxom, Fairydrops, anything from Clinique or Lancome, everything was a disappointment.

I finally located my drugstore HG (Rimmel Sexy Curves) but I always like to have a high end on hand as well. Chanel is so pricey ($30 or $32? plus I hate giving my money to Macy's) and I found that my Diorshow Iconic dried out a little too quickly so I gave this one a try since it had been so well received by so many reviewers.

I must say, it lived up to the hype. It gives so much length and curl that my lashes brush my eyebrows, and it gives a good deal of volume as well, without clumping. This is all with just one layer. I'm almost scared to put two like I usually do, then people actually WILL think my lashes are false.

I put this mascara on before I went to work at 11:00AM and my lashes are STILL dusting my eyebrows when I look up as I type this at 12:30AM waiting for my BF to get out of work.

It's really the best mascara I've ever used. I'm also extremely excited to completely master the brush! Best discovery for a mascara junkie. I'm almost kind of disappointed that my search is over, it was fun if frustrating.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by nene312

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never written a review before, even though I am a MU junkie and there are many products I think I can't live without. Until now! Even though I wear make-up everyday, until very recently I didn't wear mascara - simply because Nothing (and even Combinations of curlers, brushes and different formulas) never produced the effect for the end to be worth the means. But during my last visit to Sephora I asked (since she would be unbiased of brand), what mascara she thought was the best on the market. She handed me the box which included my now HG of mascaras!! This stuff defies logic. In minutes, I saw lashes I hadn't seen in years - LITERALLY! And that was before I even used a lash curler on them.
I love many products, but I will never be a day without this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by sarahbaby0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

fell in love at Sephora where I first tried it. They were sold out however, so I drove a few hours to another store :) sooo worth it. Makes my already long lashes even longer and super black. Holds curl well. I recommend to everyone.