BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

I got the mini version of this as a sephora birthday gift.

the brush is very nice. I love the rounded tip that I can use for my outer and inner corners.

however, this clumps my lashes. it IS very wet, which I usually don't have a problem with, but it coats my lashes to a point where it's just too heavy. Once it dries, my lashes become so hard, I imagine I could rake leaves with them.

staying power is good. the overall look and finish is not.

TIP: if you have a mascara that you feel is too wet, dust setting powder on your lashes prior to application. It will help the wetness while applying :)

At first I liked this mascara, and then on days when I wanted longer/thicker eyelashes I noticed it would become horribly clumpy and look awful. I retried again, and again, and again. Still nothing. This mascara is great if you want a so so everyday lash look, but far too expensive to be clumping up the way it did! Would not repurchase.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I received a sample of this from Sephora on my birthday and it's been my favorite mascara so far (given that I haven't tried a lot). I love how this seperates my lashes instead of clumping them up like the Lancome ones do, but I find that it doesn't hold up my curl very well. I haven't found one that does though, I have naturally poker straight lashes :( Will repurchase unless I come across a better one.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I am personally a mascara junkie. Anything new that comes out, I want to try. I use a different one on the top than the bottom because I've only used two that don't really smudge (depends on the day). I personally have very long lashes and probably average thickness and a natural curl, so I'm looking for more help with thickness.

I got this as a recommendation from a worker at Sephora as I was asking for something less clumpy and separates my lashes apart more, and this really didn't do that for me. I feel like it's not very clumpy, but just enough that it's bothersome. I'll get a decent sized one on each eye sometimes. It helps my natural curl a lot, people will ask me what eyelash curler I use and I have to tell them I don't, lol. If I want multiple layers, I have to do it while it's still wet or my lashes will clump together and even then they don't really separate.

I do have to give kudos a lot to the brush itself, which I really love and wonder if I would love this mascara if it had a different formula. I love how much it can coat my lashes with one swipe, which I'm a one-swiper type of gal, I really don't like to hassle with more. I am a HUGE fan of the end with all the little spikes that can get into the corners and I REALLLY wish some other mascaras would do the same (namely the CoverGirl LashBlast Fusion- the only one that doesn't smudge on my lower lashes, GRR)

I am kind of confused because I feel like this is a waterproof one, but it's not, because it's so hard to get off my lashes and if I accidentally brush on my eyelid or something, I can't smudge it or get it off or anything. That being, there is a lasting power on my oily lids/lashes.

I would purchase again, but definitely not in my first choice category. I don't think I ever will again, but it's not like I'd be horrified to again.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This mascara is FANTASTIC! I live in Denmark where it is pretty hard to get Benefit products, so I bought it in Berlin, as my only 'must have buy'! I had really high expectations and the first time I tried it on I was actually very disappointed, it didn't do anything for me, and I was ready to give it to my sister. But then I thought why not give it a little time and see. I did that, and I learned that to wear this mascara you have to put it on very carefully, once you do that your lashes will look absolutely stunning, my lashes have never been longer, it's crazy! My absolute HG mascara, I will repurchase it over and over again! I know there has been some bad reviews of it, but just take your time applying it, use the little wand at the top, on the top of your lashes to build them up, and see the difference it makes! Girls you won't be disappointed!! Everytime I wear this mascara I have people asking me if I am wearing falsies ;-)!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

sigh... why did i get a sample!? now i'm in LOVE, and when this dries up i'm not sure if i'm willing to pay $23+ for one tube. and this probably my new HG mascara... its so perfect! i have short thin eyelashes, and with this it lengthens, AND volumizes. it holds a curl pretty good, as well. no flaking, smudging, smearing, and dries in a minute or so. the wand is pretty simple. theres no fragrance. no clumps. the formula is weird to describe... not too wet and yet not too dry. i love this. i can't find any cons, which is why i rated it a 5, besides the price.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've always been curious about this one but didn't try it or buy it because I'm SUPERLY skeptical about something so bold as to claim it creates the false lash effect. I think that has something (or everything) to do with the fact that all of the mascara adverts use what they call "lash inserts" and that drives me crazy. And they almost never live up to their own hype because false lashes are false lashes and mascara is mascara. But my sister came to visit me for 5 days and told me to try it because it's her HG, so I did. I have never seen my eyelashes so transformed and dare I say that they do look fake. I already have my HG mascara (nothing could steal my heart away from Clinique), which is why I give it a 4, but I would still buy this for nights out, it'll save me money on falsies.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got this mascara after reading every review I could find.... and.... I LOVE IT!

I normally only wear waterproof - living in Scotland you need it! But this baby stays put! I only gave it a 4 because it is pretty tough to get off, even my waterproof eye make up remover needs a good bit elbow grease to get it off!

It is also the best brush ever! It really lengthens my lashes and is a gorgeous deep black!

This will now definitely be my favourite mascara! It really is brilliant! If you're thinking of getting it then I would say "Go on treat yourself! You could get hit by a bus tomorrow so enjoy today!" :)

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This mascara didn't do anything for me. I had been wanting to buy this for a very long time as everyone was hyping about this product and luckily, I received a sample of it before I even bought it. To much disappointment, it wasn't even fairly good. It claims to lengthen lashes, curl them and also make them appear fuller but none of that happened when I applied this. Yes it does separate my lashes and doesn't have a sticky formula but other than that, it doesn't live up to it's hype. It might work on sparser lashes though. Ridiculously overpriced for such a mediocre product. Lancôme's Hypnôse mascaras are much better.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I got a sample size of this as my Sephora birthday gift. When I tried it, I didn't see anything special with it. It didn't lengthen or add volume to my lashes. But I liked that it felt like there was a soft protective layer on my lashes. My lashes didn't feel stiff. No flaking or smudging. Held up my curled eyelashes well. Easy to remove. I do find myself using it often so I probably will buy the full tube when I ran out.

Popular Mascaras