July 31, 2014 | 1945 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by orangeblossom00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, so in my opinion this mascara is slightly expensive. However, I feel that most cosmetics are overpriced nowadays; I honestly think we, as the consumer, are paying more for the pretty packaging, so-called unique applicators, advertising, etc. Anyways, rant over! I really do like this mascara though. Within the first week I did not like this mascara at all. I thought the formula was waxy and weird and the applicator wasn't anything ridiculously fabulous. I am glad that I decided to hang on to this because after about a month the formula thickened a bit and was much better. Only trade off was that when the formula was a little waxier it was much easier to remove at night. Now that the formula is thicker it is MUCH more difficult removing. So difficult I have had to bring in an oil based product to remove what is left AFTER cleansing my face twice. I probably will repurchase this mascara after a little while, who knows. But yeah, it's nice just not crazy about the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2011 6:29:00 AM More reviews by deez724

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this mascara, but after following the instructions faithfully (wiggle horizontally, then vertically to separate and lengthen),I was disappointed. I also used this on clean lashes and with a primer. Each time I got gunky, spider lashes. It built volume and gives you the "false lash" look to a degree but it failed to lengthen or separate as promised.

I also felt that my lashes did have fake lashes on, in the sense that they were heavy. Maybe I will try another time with better results, but for the price, this mascara should do all that it promises.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Jessiebanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had to review this for anyone with remotely sensitive eyes. The brush on this mascara is terrible. It's great for the lashes, but it literally scratches my lash line. The brush is to stiff and plastic to have such pointy bristles. I honestly don't know how anyone could not find it irritating. Obviously some people don't, but I think a lot of people will. I never got to fully absorb the effect because I had to be so careful applying. This mascara went immediately back to Sephora and I would not recommend this at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by harls321

When I first purchased this mascara I hated it. I like volume and I was applying a lot of layers which gave me spider lashes. I actually returned it! So on another benefit haul at the soho boutique I was convinced to try it again and now I absolutely LOVE it! I realized that this is a mascara that will define and lengthen your lashes in just 1 to 2 coats. For me it is all in the application. You need to work fast as the formula dries quick which if you apply multiple layers it will look spidery. I wiggle the brush horizontally at the base and comb thru my lashes, then I take the brush vertically and push up and out to really fan them out and to get in the inner and outer corners. Finally I apply lightly to my bottom lashes and WOW!
UPDATE: After one month my mascara is now dried out and clumpy. Will not re-purchase:((

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Lex29

I LOVE this mascara. It is definitely one of my favorites. I put a thin coat on my lashes, and when dry, I curl them. Then i go in! I wiggle the brush back & forth horizontally, then I use the ball-shaped end vertically to add more volume & separation. I watch youtube videos, and I guess it explains how to use it well, but find what works bestf or you. I also dont think it holds a curl well. I rarely spend more than $10 on a mascara, but this was def worth it's $22 price tag, IMHO.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product but I was really disappointed, the main reason being that it doesn't hold curl. After curling my lashes and applying this they went straight almost instantly. Maybe its because its not a waterproof formula? I've tried applying it after a coat of another waterproof mascara which seems to help but only slightly. I also find it clumps easily. The good things are that its a true black colour and it lasts without smudging. Unfortunately the bad points outweighed the good :(

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by kblakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using Benefit They're Real for 2 months. I watched the demo video provided by the company on how to apply. I still end up with a clumpy spider lash mess. The only good thing about it is the mascara does not smudge on me. It is extremely difficult to remove though (more so than most waterproof/resistant mascara)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by mrsklynch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The worst mascara I have ever used. With one coat it doesn't add any volume, and with more it glues all of my lashes together and makes horrible spider lashes. Even if i pick them apart they in no way look attractive/normal/real/natural. It makes the ends too thick. It also feels really heavy on my eyes, almost like it's trying to force my eyes shut. I've used mascaras before that I haven't really liked but nothing this bad. So far the best I've used is still maybelline volume express, the original.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by jeye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this as a 100point perk from Sephora. It is crap at holding a curl (even after I curl my lashes). Hard to build it up because the formula seems to be too wet to hold my curl. Even when I layer it lightly, by mid-day my lashes seem to fall flat Lengthens nicely and gives lots of volume though. I will use it up on my bottom lash line. I do find it still smudges throughout the day, I have yet to find a mascara that doesn't though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 1:32:00 PM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Def best mascara out there for volume!!! Have been using this for a few weeks and LOVE it!! Def gives lashes volume and doesn't run. Easy to get off and never clumps. Loreal Voluminous and Voluminous Million are my next best favorite and then Maybelline Falsies (purple tube). Two coats of this is plenty evening for a night out look.