October 31, 2014 | 1526 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by AMD18134

I bought this yesterday and wore it to school today. I think the coverage is okay, but its a little too thin for what I'm looking for. I don't like wearing a separate concealer on my spots because either the concealer doesn't match the foundation or it doesn't last very long, and you can see the spots where I put it. Anyway, besides the coverage being a little to sheer, the color oxidized -_- (but then again, 99% of all the foundations I use do, since I'm yellow toned almost nothing works for me). I was kind of nervous that it wouldn't last on my cheeks where I have acne scarring so I used my Colorstay there, and the rest was this. It was a little more dewy than I'd like, but that was ok, but I didn't like the no-pump thing though. I might mix this with my Colorstay and put it in another bottle for this to be efficient... Ok enough rambling, overall I think this is an okay foundation, and I would buy it again if my scars fade & I have less to cover up, and if the price at wal-mart stays the same (around $7) lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by joshnuresh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i was skeptical about this product. i have heard so many complaints of this product. things i have heard about this foundation are :
a) the greasy look
b) wears off real easy
c) it oxidizes to an orange look (well i heard this from ginabina on youtube)
d) it transfers real easy
e) and the lack of pump feature
f) light coverage

so lets see wht i think:
a) the greasy look? not so much. u might get tht if u cake it on but if u use a small pea size amount, it should look not greasy. i would say it has more of the dewy look if anything. but i can imagine this working not so well with oily skin though.
b) definitely stood my 12 hr test. and it look just like how i applied it. prolly got a little shinier but nothing gross.
c) didnt oxidize on me! thank god. i was so worried about tht!
d) well tell me which foundation doesnt transfer? but its not tht bad.
e) yes!!!!!! i hate the lack of pump. i always waste some amount of foundation cuz theres no pump.
f) definitely not light coverage. i would say medium-full

all in all, i love foundation. i dont know yet if its my hg, but pretty damn close. i think its best for dry skin, oily skin i dont know for sure

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by J_cool

I was surprised to see this seemingly upscale foundation at my drugstore with no visible name or brand, just numbers. It served as a mystery to me, because it featured no claims, no promises, nothing to woo me. Could it be that good? Intrigued, I approached the set of bottles and small sample vials and found that it was Maybelline's latest foundation formula: "Fit Me" foundation.

I smoothed a sample on my skin and found that it looked quite flattering and seemed to have a bit of glow and proper coverage. I snatched up 220 ( a creamy medium beige with noticeable hints of yellow) and went home.

In terms of coverage, it's comparable to a heavy tinted moisturizer - nothing too opaque, nor too light. It does a nice job of evening the skin and offering a healthy glow. I'd say that this is a light-medium foundation. Only one layer looks nice. If I were to try and "build" up with the coverage, it would smear and get pretty messy, which brings me to why I wouldn't recommend this foundation to those seeking matte/semi-matte/satin, long-lasting, "performance" foundations.

"Fit Me" provides a smooth, radiant finish, however, it does get overly oily and will eventually fade and come off on to anything it comes into contact with within... one hour... maybe two. If you are oily and dare to try it, use a primer underneath, because this will bring attention to pores. If you like something that lasts, this isn't it.

Although it offers a nice glow to the face, the colors are a wee bit flat and and seem to flatter those with beige undertones. There are some foundations that start off fresh, pigmented, bright and true to color, but eventually get muddy and dull. This is one of them.

If I were to recommend this to some one, it would be one who desires light-medium coverage, has normal-dry skin, and who doesn't care whether the foundation can last for hours on end. For someone oily and who wants coverage and performance wear, I'd definitely pass this one up. Maybelline's "Superstay Foundation" is the one to consider over this if you want like a more polished look. This befits some one seeking a semi-transparent, "fresh makeup look," wanting only a bit of glow and to blur minor imperfections.

24 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by girrl65

When this came out, I went to check out the display in the store and the lightest they had was the 115, which was what I thought the lightest shade was. Of course, that is too dark, and I passed on the line. The other day, however, I happened upon another display at another store and they had a 110! I took it over and compared it to what I currently use, L'Oreal True Match W1. Wondrously, it matched! So, I snatched it up because its so hard to find pale pale DS foundations. I used 110 for the first time today and I'm really pleased with it. I noticed that the formula is thicker than my L'Oreal foundation and it also has a slight floral scent, which I think is unnecessary. I have been wearing it for five hours with a primer, lotion, and serum underneath and it is still matte without any touchups. I've noticed some people complaining about how this goes down hill after wearing it for a while, but I really think you need to keep this and any other foundation touched up periodically during the day with loose powder if you really want it to look its best. I always did that with my L'Oreal foundation and I don't expect anything different from this. This foundation looks and feels just like what I've been using, and I think I will continue to buy this as long as I can find it. I have a feeling that not all stores carry it, so finding it may be an issue. Overall, I recommend this if you need very pale foundation. I applaud Maybelline for remembering those us of with a fair complexion. I've never had good experience with that brand in the past and always thought negatively of it, but I think I might be changing my opinion!
EDIT: I just wanted to add that I wore this from 8am until 7pm and only powdered lightly at about 2 or3pm. The foundation wore excellently! Those who are having difficulty with this need to try a primer or set the foundation more thoroughly with powder after they apply it.
EDIT AGAIN: I really am wondering what people are buying because this is NOT runny and it is NOT like a "tinted moisturizer." The consistency is kind of goopy and it provides medium coverage. Either they have very poor quality controls or everyone is quick to hate on this product because Maybelline has made very few decent products up to this point.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2011 8:57:00 AM More reviews by dovely

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I stumbled across this while I was looking for a light foundation or TM to replace an expensive one I had been using that was just not the right shade for me. I have dry and sensitive skin, and hate the feeling of makeup on my face.... so, basically I am picky. I usually go for natural products. I tried this on my hand, and loved the feel. I bought it in 120 and bought the concealer and powder. I have worn it one day and so far really like it. It does not irritate me, blends great and feels like I have nothing on. The color seems to be dead on. I do agree that it darkens a bit, but for me that is okay because it is a tiny bit to light when I first put it on. It seems to match my neck well (I hate when my face doesn't match my neck, especially because I have short hair). Overall, so far so good.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by MissKSansom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation out of the whim, I've never heard about it and never seen a commercial for it, I just liked the way they're packaged very pretty bottle so I went for it! I bought mine in Ivory 115 which turns out was too dark for me, I wore it to school since I walk around a lot and it has SPF but by the end of the school day my make up was runny, orange and shiny! It was horrible...never using it or buying it again. I actually gave the rest of it to my friend maybe it'll fit her better than me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went to 4 stores all were out of shade 310. I am about NC37 right now (NC40 in summer). Looking at the bottles, 235 looks yellow and 230 looks looks red, but dont be fooled. I tested 230 and 235 with a clean qtip in the store. 230 is a perfect match for my NC37 skintone right now. Those of you that cannot find 310, try 230, you wont be dissapointed. Im posting 2 pics above as a reference, I wear natural tan in Revlon Colorstay. The formula covers just like colorstay but doesnt feel heavy, and Fit me also covers all the redness in my skin. I felt my skin was alot cleaner with Fit me vs Colorstay. When I wear colorstay, I have to thoroughly clean my skin every night. Fit me is a great alternative. I do have to say is colorstay is truly cement, it wont rub off on your clothes or wear off in heat which makes it the best selling foundation. Fit me does rub off over time, but it wore well for me over oil free moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Chiquilla01

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sanyav's review was spot on... some are too pink, and some are too orange.. nothing for us yellow toned gals.. i am a Warm Ivory.. its really hard to find any inexpensive foundations in my shade. Maybelline really needs to adjust their formulas...

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by TennisLover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love it :) Seriously, this foundation is quite amazing. The coverage is perfect ( which is light to medium, but more on the lighter side ), its moisturizing, it gives you a nice dewy finish and its lightweight :) When I wear it, I don't feel like I'm wearing makeup at all ^^ However, I am pretty sure that this foundation is made for people with dryer skin; normal to dry skin. If you have combination or oily, I suggest you pass on this one. ( you can still try it tho ^^ ) & If you have many blemishes to hide and acne scars, and you don't wanna put concealer on and you rely on your foundation to conceal, well this foundation might not be the right one for you either, because it's made to let your skin show through, to be natural-looking and to let your skin breath. ( Unless you rely on your concealer to hide what needs to be hidden, then definitely try it out :D )

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by KiaBia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product has mixed reviews, but I love it! It's extremely moisturizing, so I can imagine those with oily skin probably won't like this foundation. I have normal skin and it's great on my skin.

I did a review video here -->