October 22, 2014 | 1298 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by MissKSansom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation out of the whim, I've never heard about it and never seen a commercial for it, I just liked the way they're packaged very pretty bottle so I went for it! I bought mine in Ivory 115 which turns out was too dark for me, I wore it to school since I walk around a lot and it has SPF but by the end of the school day my make up was runny, orange and shiny! It was horrible...never using it or buying it again. I actually gave the rest of it to my friend maybe it'll fit her better than me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went to 4 stores all were out of shade 310. I am about NC37 right now (NC40 in summer). Looking at the bottles, 235 looks yellow and 230 looks looks red, but dont be fooled. I tested 230 and 235 with a clean qtip in the store. 230 is a perfect match for my NC37 skintone right now. Those of you that cannot find 310, try 230, you wont be dissapointed. Im posting 2 pics above as a reference, I wear natural tan in Revlon Colorstay. The formula covers just like colorstay but doesnt feel heavy, and Fit me also covers all the redness in my skin. I felt my skin was alot cleaner with Fit me vs Colorstay. When I wear colorstay, I have to thoroughly clean my skin every night. Fit me is a great alternative. I do have to say is colorstay is truly cement, it wont rub off on your clothes or wear off in heat which makes it the best selling foundation. Fit me does rub off over time, but it wore well for me over oil free moisturizer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Chiquilla01

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sanyav's review was spot on... some are too pink, and some are too orange.. nothing for us yellow toned gals.. i am a Warm Ivory.. its really hard to find any inexpensive foundations in my shade. Maybelline really needs to adjust their formulas...

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by TennisLover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love it :) Seriously, this foundation is quite amazing. The coverage is perfect ( which is light to medium, but more on the lighter side ), its moisturizing, it gives you a nice dewy finish and its lightweight :) When I wear it, I don't feel like I'm wearing makeup at all ^^ However, I am pretty sure that this foundation is made for people with dryer skin; normal to dry skin. If you have combination or oily, I suggest you pass on this one. ( you can still try it tho ^^ ) & If you have many blemishes to hide and acne scars, and you don't wanna put concealer on and you rely on your foundation to conceal, well this foundation might not be the right one for you either, because it's made to let your skin show through, to be natural-looking and to let your skin breath. ( Unless you rely on your concealer to hide what needs to be hidden, then definitely try it out :D )

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by KiaBia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product has mixed reviews, but I love it! It's extremely moisturizing, so I can imagine those with oily skin probably won't like this foundation. I have normal skin and it's great on my skin.

I did a review video here -->

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by df10701

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Beautiful look for the first few hours but it does wear off easily and fades within 3 or 4 hours. Too bad, it has great coverage that looks natural AT FIRST but as the day rolls on it is almost completly gone. I wear it when I'm just running out for about an hour or so, it looks great. I do like the matching powder over it too, but also fades after a couple of hours.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great foundation for those with DRY as this stuff does not set and feels dewy on all day. I got the shade 115 at first, and it was very PINK toned, then opted for 110 (the lightest colour) which was a good yellow-toned choice for me. Love the texture of this, very light and opaque, but the coverage is meh, light I would say. It does not stay on very long. Good try for Maybelline, but not a great choice for those wanting med-full coverage.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by xbeautychicx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So I've been hunting down this foundation weeks before it was even released. BUT..EVERY single make up outlet carries all the light to medium shades, and then there's only 1shade for black skin which is the darkest 355 coconut shade. I've been Targets. Wal-Marts, K Marts, Ulta, every freakin drug store chain in a 50 mile radius and noooothing. Damn!

I ended up buying that one as it was the only 355 I could find, I love the satiny finish and the lightness, but it's too dark for me. Dying to get my hands on a the shade lighter than this one. I tried it without powder and it gave me an oil slick a few hours later, but a little dusting of MUFE transl. powder sets all perfect. With this foundation it literally feels like there's nothing on my skin, it's amazing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by sanyav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

UPDATE: Since I really like this formula, I'm making it work. 120 is still too dark but with some lighter, yellowish powder on top it balaces the colour out (and I also did some tanner). Bobby Brown has the best colours... if only...
FIT ME doesn't fit me unfortunately... This line suffers from the same general problem that all light shades of Maybelline foundations do - the abundance of PINK and ORANGE undertones that are TOO DARK FOR LIGHT SKIN TONES!

I had high hopes for this line since there were going to be more than 2 shades of "light" that they usually make and the whole thing was supposed to be the "perfect match" right? However, 115 is PINK and 120 is ORANGE! I've heard that there might be a 110 - but my store does not carry this (there is not even room for it on the display) Maybelline, you really need to fix your undertones and this was your chance... but still no.

The Fit Me foundation coverage is light to medium, it almost feels and smells like a lotion going on. It does have a fragrance that lingers a bit but I actually love it (it smells a bit like NIVEA Soft, if you have ever tried that). Finish is dewy - it last about 4 hrs and then it visibly wears off. It basically is a very basic foundation - no extra perks here! But it is cheap $10 - for example, L'oreal prices their foundation close to $20 in Canada. And for that reason I do like to use it everyday.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by SamanthaRene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation sucks... First of all I get really pale in the winter, and even the palest shade was a little orangey on me. Second of all, it takes a really long time to dry, feels kind of greasy and rubs off/transfers VERY easily. It also has terrible staying power and can be kind of blotchy, doesn't cover very well and just plain looks like crap on my skin, very obvious I'm wearing makeup, and settles into my young smile lines and pores. WILL NOT BUY AGAIN!!