Maybelline Fit Me Foundation (renamed to Fit Me! Dewy + Smooth)

3.1

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 7%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone /- (CI 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)
This foundation has been renamed from Fit Me to Fit Me Dewy and Smooth

From Maybelline website March 11, 2015:

Fit Me® foundation has a new look for its same great hydrating formula!
Hydrates, smoothes skin texture and matches natural tone for a luminous, seamless finish.
For Normal to Dry Skin. SPF 18*
*Excluding shades 330 and 360

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I was excited to try this out. Unfortunately for my combo skin this ended up looking greasy by the end of the day on me. I bought 110 thinking it would turn out more warmer toned than when it was applied on my face.

My mom who has dry skin loved this, so I def. think this foundation is better for those with dry skin who want a dewey, light-med. coverage foundation.

on 3/17/2011 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I just bought this today at CVS for about 8 dollars in the shade 315 (soft honey). I applied this with a foundation brush and set it with some translucent powder. The shade is a bit light, but good enough. I have very warm undertones, so this is a little pink for me. The next shade up was too dark and orange-y though. Oh well.

I wish more drugstore foundations came with pumps because I poured way too much out for use. This is a very liquid-y foundation and is pretty nice for my combination-dry skin. The finish is dewy and makes my skin look flawless with its medium coverage.

The foundation feels a bit heavy and mask-like (probably because I don't use foundation daily, and if I pick something it's usually powder). I probably won't repurchase this because it will last me a while.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really liked this foundation. I never wear liquid, always powder, but after hearing reviews that it is supposed to be very natural I decided to try it. I really like it. It provides light coverage, which is all I need. The color swatches on the display helped me choose the perfect color for my fair skin, 115. I've tried applying it with my fingers, and with a sponge. They both work well. I have combo/oily skin and this does not cake up or make my skin look worse, as some other reviewers have said. I do not use a primer either! This stays put for me all day. I plan on trying the rest of the line. I really love this foundation. It is definitely worth a try for the price.

on 3/17/2011 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I enjoyed the dewy finish but when worn in a humid area or in the club where a lot of people are around, it almost makes you look really sweaty and oily when you're not. This foundation was very easy to blend and was also a great price.
I also enjoy the smell but I wouldnt recommend this foundation to people with oily skin.

on 3/16/2011 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

overall i like this foundation along with the revlon colorstay. has great staying power, blends to my skin very well, im an nc30 and the shade 220 was perfect! the coverage is definitely build able. and for the price you cant complain!

on 3/15/2011 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I don't really purchase Maybelline products so this was a definite disappointment. It has to be the worst foundation I have ever bought. The Fit Me Foundation created noticeable dry patches on my skin, which never happened to me since my skin is the definition of oily. The foundation was very heavy and moist, which provided no coverage since it seemed to wipe right off if I touched my face. The color didn't seem to match up well with my skin tone either. I appeared a lot lighter with way too much makeup on. I don't recommend it, however, some results may vary with each individual.

on 3/14/2011 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this product. I was intrigued by Maybelline's marketing campaign in magazines and TV. The packaging looks great, and it seemed the line had a match for a diverse population. The price ran from $7.99 at CVS to $6.50 at Target stores.

For reference, I wear Beige in Bobbi Brown foundations, W3 in L'Oreal True Match and Nude Beige in L'Oreal Visible Lift foundations. I haven't used MAC foundations in a really long time, but wore NC300 in Hyper Real before it was discontinued. I imagine my MAC shade would be about a NC25.

Maybelline's Fit Me Foundation seemed great initially, with a light watery consistency. As mentioned by most reviewers, it does give a sheer and dewy finish, but sometimes dewy ends up looking and feeling very oily. Where this product fails to "Fit Me" is in the shades available. I initially bought 210 (lightest of the medium shades), the yellow in it was good but it was too dark for my light skin. Moving to the 100 shades for light skin, I tried 120, good for my light skin but too pink. I tried 125, which I think was the best match, but it had a peach tone which ended up making me look too tan by the end of the day. I even tried 130, which was much too dark and orange.

I really wanted to find a less expensive alternative to my Bobbi Brown foundation, but there's something to be said about getting better quality with the department store brands. Bobbi Brown's foundations have a great shade range. I am using the Natural Finish foundation currently, but have been noticing some major oxidation (orange) by the end of the day. I am impressed however with L'Oreal's Visible Lift Serum Absolute foundation. For $12, it seems to work as well as BB. The Nude Beige shade works well, much better than any of the Fit Me colors.

on 3/14/2011 1:54:00 PM

It's my first day using this foundation and I am liking it so far. I've been using Shu uemura's foundation for awhile but it's just too expensive for my budget! I have sensitive skin with an oily t-zone and dry cheeks, and I don't find that this foundation makes me any oilier. The colour is a perfect match (I'm an NC35, and used 220). So far I haven't had any breakouts or reactions. The foundation is pretty sheer, and that's the way I like it, as I don't have a lot of blemishes. The bottle could use a pump, but at this price point (I bought it on sale for $7.99 CDN), I can't complain! I will continue using this unless I start getting irritations or breakouts.
UPDATE: Broke out. Oh well. It's disappointing because I really did like this foundation. Back to Shu!

on 3/14/2011 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have oily skin and it's acne prone. I do not recommend this foundation for people with oily and/or acne prone skin. I found that my oily skin ended up looking very greasy and slick by the afternoon. It wasn't very flattering at all. I also found that it wasn't the easiest to remove. I tried this product several times and I came to the full conclusion that FIT Me really isn't for everyone. It's more for a person with a dry skin type that doesn't have many if any blemishes. I did find it easy to blend and when first applied the coverage is great. And I liked the color range options as well as the matching powder idea where you just match your numbers. Having said that, I think it was very wishful thinking on Maybelline's part to try to create a foundation that would work across the board. The fact is people do have different skin types and there is no cookie cutter foundation that will work for all skin properties. So while I think the idea sounds great in theory, in reality the concept as far as foundation is concerned isn't fully feasible.

on 3/14/2011 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

It's definitely designed for those with: really dry/dry/slightly dry/normal skin, and not for those with relative amount of oil on a consistent basis. The reason being, the formula is such that it's very emollient, leaving a velvet feel to the skin. Your skin does feel as though it's being moisturized. The look is rather dewy as well, but not oily or greasy or wet looking. Just dewy. Imagine your skin after you've applied a light moisturizer and your skin has had the chance to absorb it all. That's the look and feel you will have when you apply this foundation. I also think this foundation is suited for people with mature skin. This is not to say that younger skins won't like this foundation. It's simply because of the velvety and emollient texture, plus light coverage makes it a great candidate for creating an even canvas for mature skin.

This formula does not have a lot of "powder" content, so the foundation will not look as though it's sitting on top of your skin, particularly in areas where there are cracks/lines. In other words, the foundation "moves" with your skin. That's not the case with foundations such as Revlon's Photoready Liquid Foundation. Photoready creates a powdery finish that emphasizes fine lines/cracks on your skin so you can tell if you've got foundation or not.

It has quite a sheer coverage. It gives your skin the look of having an overall glow with whatever shade that you choose. I find that it's not really buildable since it's so sheer. It doesn't last long like Revlon Colorstay because of its sheer coverage.

There are no specks of shimmer to it. It has a noticeable scent that's like a floral perfume. I really like the scent as it's a pleasant scent, and not over powering.

Downside is, the color you see in the bottle is NOT what you get when applied to skin. I got 120 Classic Ivory plus 235 Pure Beige and they both look like the color of real skin in the bottle but when you apply it to skin, they both have an orangey tinge to it, making my skin look rather tanned and quite orange. Paula Begoun warned about this on her site and it is indeed true. There were no actual testers at the store. I just thought that by matching the color in the bottle with my skin tone would suffice, but NOT the case! I would suggest taking advantage of the free samples that Maybelline is offering right now in Canada.

Another downside is the top lid. It's so loose that when you pick up the foundation by the black lid on top it can easily unscrew itself and you may easily drop the foundation bottle. You just don't get this with other foundations such as Revlon Colorstay, Revlon New Complexion, etc.

Got it on sale for just under $8 CDN b4 taxes; 30ml or 1 fl. oz. SPF 18.

Would I buy it again? Well, I do like the formula as I have dry skin, but since I also have sun discolorations, acne scars, I can't rely on this foundation alone to hide my "flaws." I can easily hide my flaws with Revlon Colorstay, however. Fit Me is an everyday foundation that requires "help" from other products such as a concealer. I will update this review after I play around with it some more.

**UPDATE**
What I'm finding now with Fit Me Foundation is the following:
-- it will come off on your hands or whatever that touches it
-- when used with a good oil absorbing powder such as Revlon Colorstay, Fit Me will remain pretty much the same way as when you first applied it, so it will not look or feel greasy. I wore Fit Me with Revlon Colorstay powder from 10am till 6pm and my foundation looked the same as when I first applied it. But since my skin is quite dry I found myself feeling rather uncomfortable throughout the day as the powder sucked and sucked the moisture out of my skin, especially in the cheek area. I applied my Colorstay powder all over the face so that my skin was evenly covered. Next time, I'm going to try using Fit Me with a powder that isn't strong in the oil absorbing department.
-- it retains the same velvet texture all day, but I don't know if this is because I had a strong oil absorbing powder on top of Fit Me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Maybelline FIT ME Foundation & Concealer in 355 [Product Review] by DaintyBrownGirl

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: MAYBELLINE 360 FIT ME FOUNDATION REVIEW (MOCHA MOCHA) by Felicia Mesadieu