September 30, 2014 | 1548 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by df10701

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Beautiful look for the first few hours but it does wear off easily and fades within 3 or 4 hours. Too bad, it has great coverage that looks natural AT FIRST but as the day rolls on it is almost completly gone. I wear it when I'm just running out for about an hour or so, it looks great. I do like the matching powder over it too, but also fades after a couple of hours.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great foundation for those with DRY as this stuff does not set and feels dewy on all day. I got the shade 115 at first, and it was very PINK toned, then opted for 110 (the lightest colour) which was a good yellow-toned choice for me. Love the texture of this, very light and opaque, but the coverage is meh, light I would say. It does not stay on very long. Good try for Maybelline, but not a great choice for those wanting med-full coverage.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by xbeautychicx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So I've been hunting down this foundation weeks before it was even released. BUT..EVERY single make up outlet carries all the light to medium shades, and then there's only 1shade for black skin which is the darkest 355 coconut shade. I've been Targets. Wal-Marts, K Marts, Ulta, every freakin drug store chain in a 50 mile radius and noooothing. Damn!

I ended up buying that one as it was the only 355 I could find, I love the satiny finish and the lightness, but it's too dark for me. Dying to get my hands on a the shade lighter than this one. I tried it without powder and it gave me an oil slick a few hours later, but a little dusting of MUFE transl. powder sets all perfect. With this foundation it literally feels like there's nothing on my skin, it's amazing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by sanyav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

UPDATE: Since I really like this formula, I'm making it work. 120 is still too dark but with some lighter, yellowish powder on top it balaces the colour out (and I also did some tanner). Bobby Brown has the best colours... if only...
FIT ME doesn't fit me unfortunately... This line suffers from the same general problem that all light shades of Maybelline foundations do - the abundance of PINK and ORANGE undertones that are TOO DARK FOR LIGHT SKIN TONES!

I had high hopes for this line since there were going to be more than 2 shades of "light" that they usually make and the whole thing was supposed to be the "perfect match" right? However, 115 is PINK and 120 is ORANGE! I've heard that there might be a 110 - but my store does not carry this (there is not even room for it on the display) Maybelline, you really need to fix your undertones and this was your chance... but still no.

The Fit Me foundation coverage is light to medium, it almost feels and smells like a lotion going on. It does have a fragrance that lingers a bit but I actually love it (it smells a bit like NIVEA Soft, if you have ever tried that). Finish is dewy - it last about 4 hrs and then it visibly wears off. It basically is a very basic foundation - no extra perks here! But it is cheap $10 - for example, L'oreal prices their foundation close to $20 in Canada. And for that reason I do like to use it everyday.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by SamanthaRene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation sucks... First of all I get really pale in the winter, and even the palest shade was a little orangey on me. Second of all, it takes a really long time to dry, feels kind of greasy and rubs off/transfers VERY easily. It also has terrible staying power and can be kind of blotchy, doesn't cover very well and just plain looks like crap on my skin, very obvious I'm wearing makeup, and settles into my young smile lines and pores. WILL NOT BUY AGAIN!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by erinmegs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For the first 3 or so hours, this foundation looks so beautiful. It applies like a dream (I use my fingertips)- very smooth and blends wonderfully. However, after the first couple hours go by, it becomes extremely obvious that I have makeup on, which I don't like. It sets into my skin and exaggerates my pores (I AM wearing primer underneath). It also isn't great on oil control but I don't usually expect liquid foundations to be. Overall, I've definitely tried worse but this just doesn't hold up like I'd like it to. I really do mean it though when I say for the first couple hours it looks gorgeous. Sigh

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by amy212

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this, but I need to stop buying Maybelline foundations. Years ago I was a perfect "nude" but they have since changed the colors and now I am closer to "classic ivory" but it is always on the verge of being orange. I had this same problem with this foundation. The big problem I have with this foundation is that it has a VERY heavy perfume to it which I greatly dislike, and after a few moments it made my face feel irritated, almost like a burning sensation. I have never taken off a foundation so fast! I am sensitive to soaps and skincare, but in general most foundations are fine for me, in terms of a burning feeling, so I was very surprised when this happened. I also did not see that if has a chemical SPF in it, the print was VERY small and I missed it completely, and I did look at the ingredients, Which is my fault because it is there if you look for it. I would never even try on a chemical sunscreen foundation because there is no change I would ever buy it, so I am sorry I waisted my time here.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by hopelessheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I swatched this when I was at Walmart today. I have the color honey beige 310 in the dream smooth mousse. The 310 in fit me was way too light for my skin tone, and the 320 was orangy and gross. My store was out of the 315 so I didn't get to test that out but the color card made it look like it would've been too beige for my skin tone which has more of a yellow undertone. Can't comment about the coverage because I didn't wear it on my whole face but I'm not buying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Tonyabelll

I love this foundation! I have no complaints what so ever, never mind the no pump thingamajigga! The price, quality, packaging and most of all the wear of it is awsome i bought shade 310 along with the powder which seems to be great too. I am normally nc40 for reference and 310 is just perfect. The finish is def dewy or satin very natural looking. love love love

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Jobielee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I love this foundation! I normally avoid wearing foundation because I hate the way it looks most of the time. This new line by maybelline is awesome. I found a perfect math for my skin on the first shot, purely because of the displays. The displays have little tester tubes that you can swatch to see what works for you! It's a medium coverage foundation, for blemishes you might need a concealer. It really evens out my skintone and it doesn't look like I have foundation on. My only complaint about this product is that there is not a pump dispenser, but that's not too big of a deal. Other wise the packaging is very sleek and nice.
I would recommend this foundation for someone who wants a foundation that is light to moderate coverage, natural looking, and relatively inexpensive! I only paid $7.00 for my bottle!

UPDATE 02/07/11

So I really wanted to like this product, the coverage is flawless and made my face look beautiful. Unfortunately it broke me out really really bad. I have never seen my skin this bad, so in the trash it went for me. I know if was this product because it's the only thing that has change in my routine as of late.

UPDATE 02/09/11
I have stopped using this for 2 days now and my skin is already clearing up. With the aid of some Queen Helene might I add...but besides the point. This was most certainly the culprit behind my breakout.