August 1, 2014 | 1798 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2009 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Lexcy

it created good volume but it was kind of messy if you know what i mean! i am asian so my lashes point down and this product didn't keep the curls very well! and very weird smell but i got over it pretty fast!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2009 1:10:00 AM More reviews by emilycvt329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This mascara worked well to create volume, however the product has a weird smell that stayed around for a while. It reminded me of a beer/yeasty smell. If you can get around the smell, this mascara is awesome for getting full, thick lashes. However, the smell was to distracting for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2009 11:11:00 PM More reviews by themerchanwifey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not crazy about this mascara. I am a mascara whore though admittedly. I never buy the same kind twice. That said this is definitely not getting a second look. I HATE the smell of this stuff. And it doesn't go away. I can smell it long after application. It was also way to clumpy at first I had to let it dry out a bit before I could get a decent coat that wasn't a spidery clumpy mess. I can get past some of those things but what sealed it for me was the fact that it flakes terribly on me. I have to check my face four or five times a day minimum to keep from people stopping me to tell me I have something on my face.

Update: I don't think I even made it to the three month mark. This flakes so bad I have to throw it out. Horrible, will not repurchase. Still can't get over the terrible smell.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I bought this cause I was short on cash and it was cheaper then Lash Blast, and I was with my friend who said she thought it worked much better. In my opinion it doesn't even compare. It seemed to flake off after and hour, it gave me great lashes when I first applied it, but thats it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2009 11:00:00 PM More reviews by lillaaylove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this mascara, on how it makes your lashes huge so fast, and it doesn't clump much. the only thing that wasn't very pleasant is the smell. it smells like a whole bunch of different perfumes mixed together. ewhie. but you get used to it after awhile.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by LaBellaVita323

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this mascara was alright...it was way too wet and smelly when i first got it. the bottle was cute, but I wasn't very impressed by it with it's first few uses. Yes, I know the mascara rule..Don't judge by the first run. I gave it a chance, but it just fell to the depths of my makeup collections. Fast forward to a few months later, I was cleaning out my makeup, and came across the mascara. I know I should've binned it, but I tried it. It was a lot better, but still just okay. This is a good basic mascara...I guess..I wouldn't really reccomend it. Despite another reviewer not liking lashblast, I prefered the orange lashblast to any other drugstore mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by pertiegurlie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought this left my lashes looking messy & ugly, the first time I used this, but subsequent uses proved me wrong. The thing is, you have work quickly. If you do, and if you get used to the specific way to use this brush (rolling at the tips is important), then they look good.
Also, with this mascara, I use the business card trick so it doesn't smudge.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2009 11:21:00 PM More reviews by shaybo8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this mascara! I tried LashBlast for awhile and it was okay, but waaaay too hard to take off. This gives me volume, length, and is virtually clump-free.

The scent is funky but I got over it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2009 8:54:00 AM More reviews by misty3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

My new favorite!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2009 2:44:00 AM More reviews by chrisssay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this product at first as I found it to be a deep dark black and provided some volume however after a short while I noticed it would flake. I also found it hard to evenly distribute the product amongst my lashes. I find Cover Girl's lash blast and Voluminous do a better job at providing volume to my medium length asian lashes.