L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first liquid foundation, I usually use mineral makeup, and I LOVE it so far. PROS - It is truly a perfect match to my skin (Buff Beige-N4), it doesn't clog my pores, it gives me that great dewy look (easily hidden with some powder over your foundation), it has a great range of colors (it comes in three different skin tones and there's about seven shades in each skin tone), it's medium (buildable) coverage and it covers almost all my redness and my dark circles, and it has SPF 17. CONS - There's no pump, it doesn't last ALL day (but what foundation really does?), it costs $10 US (kind of expensive for drugstore brand), and it smells like sunblock.
I haven't had any problems with it transferring onto my clothing/hands/other peoples clothing. Basically this is the first foundation I've tried and I love it, I just wish it had a pump!

on 1/23/2010 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I liked this product for a while but I started experiencing dryness when i would sweat. I think this product would be good for a short period of time but don't use it if your doing alot of moving or sweating or your sure to look like a zombie....

on 1/22/2010 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is by far the best drugstore foundation I've ever used! It's the first foundation that I've found my perfect match in (Creme Cafe). Some reviewers have complaints that I have yet to experience with this product. I've been using this foundation for around a year, or close to it. I used to apply it using my fingers, which worked fine, but I got tired of wasting product, and getting it all over my fingers, so now I apply using the black handled Sonia Kashuk flat top blusher brush. The only time I've received a powdery like finish was during winter times when my face wasn't properly moisturized. Other than that, the shimmer in the bottle leaves a nice slightly dewy look on my skin. I do have typically oily skin, so later on in use, my face can look VERY oily, in which case I just blot. I'd say this foundation has light to medium coverage, not sheer as some have posted. I have a few darkly colored scars due to a mishap with proactiv (proactiv is the reason I now wear foundation. Thanks proactiv. *sarcasm). It covers my scars mostly, not completely, which is fine, I'm not going for the flawless mannequin look. There are a few downsides to this product. I wish it had a PUMP! It's just so annoying having to trickle a little at a time from the bottle hoping not to pour too much. My biggest complaint is transfer! It rubs off entirely too easy! If I press my hand to my face I will literally get a makeup covered hand and a hand print on my face where my foundation once was. Which leaves me giving half-assed hugs all day praying I don't ruin someones shirt. Also the price has gone up quite a bit. I remember my first couple purchases of this, I only shelled out around $7.00, but now it's anywhere from $9-10. But overall, this is my HG foundation unless I find another without so much transfer

on 1/22/2010 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have no trouble blending this with a sponge or brush. I found the right shade for my skin tone, though the skin-matching swatch at the drugstore certainly didn't help with that. I would definitely purchase again, especially when my skin gets extra oily in the summer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

True match my foot! This foundation is HORRIBLE!! It was entirely too light for me, made me gray (I look like a zombie) and it broke me out. Ladies, don't waste your money!

on 1/21/2010 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I was able to easily find a color match and I liked the medium coverage of this. However, it dried out the skin on and around my nose so much it started peeling and flaking off. Not pretty. I have sensitive, acne prone, combo skin BTW.

on 1/21/2010 3:58:00 PM

My mom bought this for me a couple years ago for skating competitions for about $18, and I definitely didn't think much of it at first. I thought it was too dark, too beige, even though i got it in N2 Classic Ivory, which now matches my skin tone almost perfectly!
The consistency is a very creamy liquid, and it is very easy to blend into the skin to give a range of coverage, even though I think it is a fairly medium to full coverage for me when i use it.
Also, with the added bonus of SPF 17 (which is hardly noticeable - definitely good for those of us who hate the uncomfortable feeling of sunscreen on our faces!!) I can use it for full coverage on days where I will be outside.
It was a little expensive for a drugstore product, but I'm sure it has come down in price since then, and it is put on sale often.
I definitely recommend!!

on 1/19/2010 7:44:00 PM

I bought this because they didn't have the other brand I wanted but it worked pretty good. Maybe other people arn't getting good coverage because their putting it on wrong? I think your suppose to pat it on with a sponge or brush, then blend. Cause otherwise your just rubbing it around. But it covers good and it matched my skin tone. I got the lightest shade in the neutral undertone. Theirs warm, cool, and neutral. Warm is for people who look good in gold, cool is for people who look good in pastels, and neutral is for people who look good in basically any color or metal.

on 1/19/2010 6:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I didn't really like this one. dosnt blend that well and coverage isn't the best. i had to go over it with a different kind of powder just to make it look great. and it feels a little greasy on.

on 1/19/2010 5:48:00 PM

Wow. I picked this foundation up from wal-mart ($11CDN) with the intention of finding a light to medium coverage liquid to even out my normal skin. It was a MUA faux pas as I didn't do my MUA product review homework first but I must say that I am very impressed!

I have been using a stick foundation for the past 2 years (Face of Australia or MAC Studio Stick) but my skin colour is lightening up (moved back to Canada!) and my go-to foundation sticks were too dark and too heavy feeling on my skin. I used to use Revlon Colorstay liquid but went for the True Match because it was cheaper, cuter and the colour seemed to match closer to my skin.

I chose Sun Glow (W6?) for my medium asian skin and it's a perfect match for me! The liquid glides on easily (I use my fingers) and provides a nice light coverage. I usually do two light applications and it evens out the slight redness in my cheeks.

I noticed that there are fine gold shimmer particles in the foundation which provides a luminous look. The shimmer doesn't bother me and it's not really noticeable unless you look very closely.

All in all I am very impressed with this product. A week into using it I have not noticed any breakouts or skin irritation (my skin freaks out when mineral makeups are used on it) and my skin looks nice and polished. I do agree with the other reviewers and think a little pump would be ideal!

Video Reviews & Tutorials