April 19, 2014 | 1741 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by mistym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for about 4 years now.. i use the N4 it matches my skin type perfectly.. i love it!! no complaints yet!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by tragicglamour83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this off and on for several years, and have just now gotten around to reviewing it. The number one reason that I love this foundation is that the shade I use, N2 (Neutral Natural Ivory), matches my skin perfectly. I really like having the Neutral option, because Cool is always too pink for me, and Warm too yellow. This balances out my coloring and literally melts undetectably into my skin. I set the foundation with a dusting of Aveda loose powder, and it lasts all day. Granted, my skin is on the dryer side of the spectrum, so I don't know about the lasting power for oilier complexions. The coverage is medium, but sometimes I blend with a dab of moisturizer to lighten things up. This gives a semi-matte, slightly satiny finish- very classic and flattering. I had to take one lippie off, because this can emphasize dry skin patches and other flaws, giving it a weird decidedly makeup-y texture. I have to exfoliate regularly to use this, and I wouldnt recommend this for those with problem skin in general. Also, a pump bottle would be nice, but I only seem to be able to find it in a small glass screw-top bottle. I can say from experience- be careful not to dump too much out! Overall, I really like this foundation for myself, but I've heard mixed reviews from others.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 11:23:00 AM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

the W2 is perfect on my skin. gives more natural coverage, Very nice d/s option just be carfeul with the matching powders, I ended up having to go with W1 beucase W2 looked very oragey.

I deducted one lippy beucase it didn't make it through an 8 hour workday.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by mistressKC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'll admit that I actually like this product. It looks so natural when you put it on your skin, and the price is very good as well. It looks so good with primer under and a light dusting of a glowy mineral foundation over it. On its own though, it has medium coverage, so if you have really dark spots or blemishes, you'll need a separate concealer. So far, it's the only liquid foundation that doesn't make me greasy midday. Staying power could be improved.

If you want a lighter coverage, try creating your own tinted moisturizer by dipping a clean swab into the container to get some product and mixing it with your moisturizer. Or add a dab of primer to that tinted moisturizer mix for a lighter finish and dust some mineral powder over it - very natural looking and the foundation won't settle into your pores.

People complain about the packaging, and here's how I deal with it. I don't pour the foundation out of the bottle, it's messy and wasteful. I dip a clean cotton swab to get the amount of product that I like. Besides, you're not suppose to cake on foundation anyway - it's just not an attractive look. If you need more coverage, use a concealer or a foundation with a heavier coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Vanessa_poc

I was using this foundation in C3. It had pink undertones, but you couldn't really tell b/c I used bronzer over it, plus I like pink undertones on my skin. It has medium coverage and wasn't really matte or dewey. Just normal, I guess. I moved up to C4 during the summertime, but liked this one less b/c the undertones seemed gray. I took one point away only because the shades next to each other seem so different with the different undertones. Definitely blends well into the skin, but after getting a consultation/makeover at Sephora, I realized I have been wearing makeup that is too heavy for my skin and that I don't need. I apparently only need light coverage except for my undereye circles where we used a bit heavier concealer but blended it nicely. I have big pores on my nose, too and it sinks right in, so it's not very good for that. I would recommend this only for those who need medium coverage and have pretty smooth skin. It didn't cover any freckles, but did give an even tone overall. I also like the bottle because if you get too much, it's easy to scrape it back into the bottle without wasting it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by lollipopbobs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation! Have been using it for around 2 years now and see no reason to change. Excellent coverage and perfectly matches my skin tone. Highly recommended!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by lovelyShine

it would not last throught my day i would look in the mirror and it was there melting but i will say take time choosing shade i got the wrong one way to dark my mistake.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2009 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Dorothy46

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Stayed on only if I used a powder. Rimmel Stay Matt with Natural Minerals powder worked best for me shade 012, which is the darkest powder that Rimmel does.

The True Match is good and does not go greasy for me if I use the powder. My true Match shades are W8 and N9 I mix these shades together to get a dark caramel colour for my West Indian skin with red undertone. To be honest I still prefer My Fashion Fair Fragrance free, Oil Free Perfect Finish Souffle make-up. It is expensive but I only need to use a very small amount to get a great coverage and it hides my dark under eye as well.

Thank You.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by bebikayz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So much for "True Match"...I chose a shade that I thought was most similar to my skin but after wearing it for about a day I realized it looked like a mask. The foundation also feels very heavy as well...I really feel it's important to invest in good foundation and this product just confirmed it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by annkk

I've been using this liquid foundation for about 4 yrs now it leaves my skin very oily i don't know if its the makeup or its my skin type. i still use it cause i love the way it looks on me & to be honest i'm afraid to use something else because i've been using the same one for so long.. but i think its time for a change just dont know when...