L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

I bought this foundation a week ago, I got it in N2 Classic Ivory.
So I decided to try it out today (it was warm and so humid).

First of all, perfect match for my skin tone, very light weight and looks very natural. I wore it with nothing underneath, no primer, no moisturizer and I just set it with a loose powder. It didn't get oily at all, it doesn't cake up.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Okay, first off the color selection is amazing with a ton of shades varying from light to dark in warm, neutral, and cool. Unfortunately, when finding my shade I wanted C1, since I have a lot of pink undertones but it seemed waaaaay too dark for the shade one. I ended up with W1 since it seemed like the color right shade, even if it wasn't the right undertone. I *attempted* to apply this, but as the day went on this sucker oxidized quicker than an apple left out all night. It went from a warm-y shade to full blown yellow-y/orange shade.
Apart from the total disaster with the color, the packaging is terrible! I hate foundations with no pump, it is so unsanitary. That's why I like Tinted Moisturizers better, since they always have a squeeze tube or something. I digress......
Keep in mind the product is called SUPER-blendable. I have no idea, in what world/universe/human mind, why anyone would call this super blendable! Revlon ColorStay is easier to blend then this. The foundation dries way to quickly to even work with it, which makes the coverage un-even. I hate the finish of this product, it is honestly a terrible foundation. You can see how it's just laying on the skin, not absorbing.

Overall, this foundation is just not worth the hassle. If you want to try this line from L'Oreal stick to the liquid concealer, which I ACTUALLY do like :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I used this product for seven years and it was my HG. It was exactly what I wanted, It was light, matched my skin tone, and most importantly did not appear to cause break outs. Now that I am older and my skin is changing, it appears that this may be the main cause of my college-age breakouts. So for now I am seraching for something else, but I still think this is a good product for those without acne-prone skin who just want light coverage.

True Match was my go-to foundation for at least seven or eight years. It was the first one I ever found that perfectly matched my pale skin (I wear the lightest shade in neutral or warm) without oxidation - in fact, I still haven't found a HE foundation that suits me quite as well in terms of color. Unfortunately, the staying power of this make-up wasn't great for me. No matter what I topped or primed it with, it never looked good at the end of the day and really accentuated my combination skin. I also sometimes wonder if wearing this for so many years made my skin worse because since I've stopped, I've noticed a massive improvement in pore size and oil production. Oh well.
Still, it is decent for what it is and having relied on it for so many years, I have to give it some props - True Match is a good, inexpensive starter foundation that blends well but lacks longevity.

This is what I call a "cold-climate product" because it has a tendency to melt in the heat. It goes on beautifully and the color is very true to skin, but after just one touch-up it begins to get cakey, especially in the t-zone. So while good for something like dinner and a movie, this is not a good product for all-day-wear, unless you have dry skin and don't require touch-ups.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I have been using this for years, even though I also use Dermablend corrective foundation. The reason I use both is to mix the shade I own of True Match with Dermablend to get a color that better suits me. If I didn't have vitiligo...I wouldn't use Dermablend. I would use this on it's own, because it's very blendable, the shades available are reasonably true to life, a little goes a long way, and it's not expensive. This is a particularly good foundation to use with a MAC 187, as it has medium coverage and wants either a stippling application or damp sponge. The only thing I do not like is the glass bottle. I always drop cosmetics in glass.
Overall, a terrific product.

I'm indecisive about the effectiveness of this product, it used to be the only drugstore foundation i bought. in C1 alabaster which is a little pink for me. I was accustomed to buying estee lauder's shell liquid foundation. but coming up short for cash i began purchasing this. At first i thought it had great coverage, but just recently i re-bought it & it was really runny):

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

First off, I'm going to say that this is the first liquid foundation I've ever bought. However I think I can say that it might also be the only I'll ever buy! I had to find foundation for my graduation photos and spent so, so long looking for a brand that would match my pale Asian skintone. After exhausting the drugstore lines I was contemplating just going to get MAC foundation, but I tried this first and I'm so, so glad. I have W2 which is a perfect match for my skin, so I'd definitely rec this to any Asian girls out there. My W4 sister had the exact same experience.

This foundation goes on well - it really is super blendable, and feels light on the face. At first it really does look too pale but after a few minutes it blends into your skin and gives a lovely, non-oily finish. I do have to put on a lot of moisturiser beforehand, so I took one lippie off, but I think this may also be because of my usually un-hydrated skin. Still, once it absorbs better into your face it looks great and has a lovely light coverage which is all I'm really looking for.

I'm not a fan of the packaging; the bottle is a really awkward shape and I always end up pouring too much out which is a bit of a mess to deal with. Something with a narrower neck would be a lot nicer. Otherwise, I'm really happy with this foundation and will probably repurchase when I run out.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A Nice Natural foundation with medium - high coverage. When on sale its cheap enough to buy two and play around with the colors. Works BEST with a sponge, moist sponge and stipple to get higher coverage.

Update 1/12/12

After trying other foundations (again) i still keep coming back to this!! I am using C2 with a few drops of C3 mixed into the bottle, i apply concealer then apply with fingers then go back over with concealer (lightly) then use a sponge to blend out, i don't use powder with this and also looks very natural on a guy. Say what you will the color match of True-match is pretty amazing much, much better than any high end cosmetics.

Very dry and chalklike.