December 21, 2014 | 1772 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by itariq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One thing i like about this foundation is that it doesnt give you a cakey look, which i was getting with MUFE HD and some others. It is medium coverage i would say. Not too too great for oily skin, But it is decent. Overall good foundation to try !

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 2:39:00 AM More reviews by meeleessa

This is the first liquid foundation that I have ever tried and I really liked it! It can be layered for the perfect amount of coverage. Works best with light layer of mineral foundation to set the foundation and add some staying power. I really like how light this foundation feels on my face. It doesn't feel cakey at all. I also love the little compact glass bottle that the foundation comes in :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 7:50:00 PM More reviews by rsflutterby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite foundation, and it's under $13. The N-2 (Classic Ivory) matches my skin tone perfectly. (IMHO, the "neutral"shades will work for most people.) It lasts all day if I set it with powder. It diffuses minor flaws enough to where I don't usually need concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by shopw8oomuch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought I would try this as a cheaper alternative to my MAC SFF NC35. I found the W4 was a good match for me. I won't say it's horrible because this line offers a wide variety of colors to choose from. The price is decent, and when you can catch the BOGO 1/2 off sale, it's even better. My major complaint is the packaging! With no pump, the products runs out of the bottle pretty fast and I find myself wasting a lot of foundation. It seems a bit runny too. The consistency isn't as thick as the SFF or the Revlon Colorstay. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing honestly. Also, I also have oily skin and this foundation doesn't seem to last over 4 hours or so. I find myself having to blot at least a couple of times at work. Overall, I don't hate it and I would probably buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2009 6:23:00 PM More reviews by minhchau88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought the product today, and already tried it on. Initially I intended to buy the Revlon Color Stay in medium beige, but then switched to L'Oreal True Match in nude beige. In terms of color range, I would say L'Oreal definitely offer a wider range compared to Revlon, and the shades are also categorized into Warm/Cool/Neutral undertones, which makes it easier to find your shade. I chose my shade by putting the bottle right next to my no make up cheek to see which one is closest in color --> L'Oreal won over Revlon. (another reason is that at the time I bought, True Match was cheaper than Colorstay)

Some reviews about the product:
- Color range: fantastic: 42, compared to 12 by Revlon
- Texture: very liquid, light weight
- Function: blends well, smoothens skin and evens out skin tone. I only use my hand to blend the foundation. I find it a lot easier and more fun to use hand than the brush; the brushes always take on way too much products (in terms of liquid foundation)
- Result: To be honest I don't really see any significant result using this foundation. However I have never had any considerable result with any foundation I've tried, so the fact that this is no exception is not a surprise for me. My skin is not perfect but sometimes my friends still ask if I was wearing any foundation while I had bare face.
- Packaging: needs to be improved. it's just a plain bottle and it's not very easy to get the right amount of the product.

I would not buy this product again because this bottle would last me like forever, I don't use that much foundation. And when I need some other I plan to try something else. This is just not an HG for me. However, I would recommend this to people who want a decent foundation for a reasonable price, for daily use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 6:49:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this stuff. It's my second favorite (if not tied) with Revlon ColorStay. I used to wear this all of the time in middle school. I never could match my skin color, though, as I was mediocre when it came to make up.

I now know that I am an NC20. I use W2 in this foundation and it matches pretty well. I'm still not sure about how I feel about this because I wore it the other day and was not liking the way it looked at all...I think it may have had to do with the crappy Clinique loose powder I set it with. I will try again with a pressed powder and update you guys on how it looks.

***UPDATE***
I used this today and honestly, I'm not very impressed. It's very watery, very sheer, and honestly doesn't cover much! My concealer did all the work when I wore this foundation. Also, it settles into fine lines and accentuates the hair on my face (weird, right?). I really think this is very very average. It is more like a tinted moisturizer than it is a foundation. I don't think it's very buildable because once you add layers, you can TELL you're wearing a foundation. I'm wearing it right now and I hated it before I put my finishing powder over it. After I did, I really liked it. But once I put my bronzer/blush on it looked cakey and unnatural. It does NOT layer well with other products, and I didn't use much at all. I'm tossing this and moving onto a much better drugstore foundation. Plus, this is kind of pricey for a drugstore foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2009 8:29:00 AM More reviews by bloodlust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This has become my go-to foundation for everyday - and I am incredibly picky. For going out or other events, I wear Calvin Klein liquid or MAC Studio Fix powder.

First, I was impressed that a drugstore foundation had a shade light enough to suit me, since MAC NW15 is a tad too dark. I bought it because I forgot to bring foundation on a trip, and figured I would hate it because it appeared to have tiny gold sparkles and I generally hate any face product that isn't matte. But the sparkles don't show up when the foundation is on. Instead I get a very ethereal sort of radiance, and the finish is flawless. It is easily blendable and gives great coverage. I took off a lippie because it is not as good as MAC at oil control, and could sink into large pores without a good primer. However, I always use a primer so that's no problem for me.

The price is a bit high for a drugstore foundation, but I don't mind paying it at all since I prefer it to many higher end liquids I've tried. As a bonus, I can actually use it to conceal undereye circles as well, and kudos to L'Oreal for the wide range of shades and undertones. I will definitely repurchase this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by misscayanxoxo

This product works great for me, I was just starting out with foundation. And this blends nicely with hands and or a brush. The coverage is decent, it covers all my lines and most of my redness. The color selection is wonderful. I would continue buying this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by adara260

Updated true rating: 4.4/5.0

Now that I've faded my tan with dedicated staying out of the sun, repeated sunscreen application I am finding it hard to find a foundation shade that matches. The problem is that the pigments, even in the W warm shades, are very beige y. That might not be a hindrance to you but as a "complex" shaded Asian, LOL, its hard to find a foundation shade. I think that is why a lot of people are saying this foundation turns orange, it doesn't the beige tones just come out more throughout the day. Maybe the pigments aren't great quality?

I've switched to Revlon's Colorstay which is amazing but I'm waiting a full month before I do a review.

Overall this true match foundation is smooth, really blendable, and has great ingredients in it from the company website info. It is a shame that I can't find a shade that matches my winter skin. I think I will try again sometime in the future.

I decided to try this product on a whim. I saw it at Walmart for 7.50 and I had a 2.00 coupon so for 5.50 why not right?

For reference I am Asian with combo skin. I have a tendency to break out so I always go oil free which this product is. I have been strictly using Bare Escentuals for the past two years but I was fed up with that because it wasn't a good color match even with mixing etc. I have tried Shishedo, Covergirl, Bare Escentuals, Sue Divett, Becca, Lorac and I think that's it.

I like this foundation a lot. For an oil free foundation it has great coverage, and isn't runny. I personally like the finish. Its powdery without being dry. I didn't find that it changed color through the normal day. It might have darkened a little but that's after running on the treadmill for an hour, which you shouldn't do with makeup on anyways. The staying power isn't perfect so you might have to put a setting powder (which I have to do most of the time because of the oilies.) It's cold where I am right now so this might be my winter time foundation.

To sum up: It stays very decently, blends nicely, color matches very very nicely, might need a concealer depending on what you are covering, didn't break me out, is not 100% stay proof but doesn't say it is and the bottle isn't too much of a pain without a pump.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by candyrivera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I'm really liking this foundation. I don't have bad skin (thankfully) or too many freckles etc. so this foundation is great for me. It's a light to light/medium coverage and really does match my skin tone which is wonderful. It covers the redness I sometimes get around my nose and third eye. It also covered my light freckles on my nose and some mild scars. It didn't feel heavy or have a bad oder. It lasted me the whole day so that was surprising and nice. I did set it with powder so that might of helped the staying power. I'm not much of a fan of heavy foundations unless being photographed so this is my new foundation. I hasn't made me break out yet which is great! Over all I think this is a really good foundation as long as your not looking for full coverage. This is a great casual foundation! I will be repurchasing .