L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 12/28/2009 12:41:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I always have trouble finding foundation that matches my light skin. I always have to buy the lightest color available. And I'm pleased to say that this matched my skin perfectly!

The coverage was wonderful. It made my skin look smooth and covered up blemishes and under-eye circles - but I only needed a little. It was easy to over-apply this foundation, which led to my face looking extremely plastic.

The price was reasonable in comparison to the higher-end products that I'm used to buying. And I'm surprised to say that the performance of this is comparable to the Dior and Mac products that I'm used to. It's fragrance-free, so is less irritating to wear as well.

The only thing I really hate about this product is the packaging. I hate foundations that do not have a pump. A lot of foundation can be wasted during application and it's inevitably messy.

Also, this product does not look so great by the end of the day. It's definitely not something that's an all-day foundation. It seeps into fine lines and pores and makes your skin look rugged and oily. I'd recommend having a compact or oil blotting papers with you in your purse for touch-ups every couple of hours. My skin is combination/dry also - so for something to be so oily by the end of the day is surprising.

I'd say it does a good job for the price it's sold at. I just am not a big fan of foundations that need several touch-ups.

So far, I LOVE this product! I bought the True Match Powder, Concealer, and Liquid Foundation. I'm an W3, or the Natural Beige, and I think it may be a tad bit dark for me, but that's okay, because I like my makeup to look like I'm tan, and in the summer I'm really tan, so overall, I like the shade. I tested this today, and was really happy, because at the end of the day, my forehead wasn't oily! My forehead seems to always get oily and gross, and it really isn't at all. So I was happy about that:)
How I apply this is: I dab on the concealer, then just blend it in with my finger. I then take a BareMinerals foundation brush, and dab on my liquid foundation, and lightly blend it in all over. Lastly, I take the Powder with a Kabuki Brush and buff that into my face, making it as even as possible.
Overall, so far, I really like this product compared to all the other drugstore brands I've tried. It covers really well, doesn't dry, doesn't look cakey, and most of all doesn't make my face oily.
Hope this helps anyone! :)

on 12/26/2009 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This liquid foundation gives you medium coverage and should not be applied without concealer already on,for those of you who want to look flawless. This is best applied with a brush but is blendable enough to be applied with my fingers. Due to it not having a pump, I usually shake it, take off the lid and get my brush wet with the liquid left on the inside of the lid. This foundation comes in a shade for pretty much everyone(I blend foundations sometimes), the key is finding it. Once you have the right color you should be satisfied. I own this and I own the cream foundation. Because I change shades depending on the season and how I tan I have the liquid in cafe creme and the cream in soft sable. I also can blend these colors since the makeup is 'super blendable'. I will definitely buy this again and I'm soo happy that this comes in such a wide variety of colors!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I purchased this in C6, I'm MAC NC44. I've been wearing this for about a month now, and I love it. I am now applying this with my 165 brush and as long as I use a brush and not my fingers, I avoid that orangey skin look. It's very lightweight, and goes on w/o being oily or heavy. Lastly, it is priced right, and has lots of color selections for women of color so I will repurchase again.

on 12/25/2009 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This has been my favorite foundation for the past 6 years. It's not too light or heavy. The color matches perfectly, N4 buff beige. As much as I love it, I've had a few break out. Still not bad considering I've used it for so long. This liquid foundation works either foundation brush or a larger blending brush. I do prefer the finish the blending brush gives (essence of beauty face blender brush). The MAC 187 works too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The shade selection is pretty fantastic, but this foundation just can't give me the coverage I need. It's extremely runny. It barely even evens out my skin tone, let alone covers my imperfections. If you already have good skin and your skin tone needs only the slightest bit of evening out, then this might be the foundation for you. I, on the other hand, will stick with my MAC StudioSculpt.

on 12/25/2009 12:19:00 PM

blendable, yes but made my face look so dry and cakey. Also bottle is very easy to spill.

on 12/24/2009 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I quite like this. Before the True Match I was not much of a foundation wearer so in some ways I am not the most experienced person to judge foundations. I do, however, have a good eye.

I wear C3 and have found the colour to match my skin very nicely. My mother, who was a Chanel makeup artist, told me my skin was looking flawless and then looked at me suspiciously, and was like, "you're not wearing foundation are you"?

I like that it blends well and my skin (being a little uneven and blotchy from old acne scars) doesn't seem to need too much of it - you don't need tp cake it on to get "coverage". It also has an spf of 17 ... not great but not bad, either.

My skin is combination and it seems to me that this would probably work well for normal to dry skins ... I actually find the liquid quite moisturizing. It may clog up oily skins, though, so be careful.

For the price I'm going to say this is a quality product that basically delivers what it promises. I AM now curious about other foundations but, until I find something markedly better, I think I'm quite happy to stick with this.

on 12/24/2009 3:07:00 PM

Odd...I used True Match for nearly three years in different shades until I figured out that none of the shades really matched my skin color and that this product was overall too dry for my skin. It got especially powdery and cakey-looking underneath my eyes, as I had to reapply throughout the day to keep the dark circles at bay!

Talking about reapplying; I also had to apply multiple layers for decent coverage in the morning. Mostly because this foundation is pretty watery. As this watery effect disappears after a few hours, it becomes powdery and the color tends to get darker, and you suddenly find yourself looking like you're wearing a mask..

on 12/22/2009 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this. I like the fact that it has a wide range of color selection because I always fall into the "in between" catagory with foundations-not light, but not medium either. I do put it on my face with my ring finger because any more is too much. Like a review noted below, patting it on your face looks much better then putting it on w/ a brush or pad because it dries immediately. The major plus for me is that I have oily skin and this made my face virtually oil free for the day-this is also after putting a pretty creamy moisturzer. Worth a try!

Video Reviews & Tutorials