April 17, 2014 | 2008 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Throne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ive been using this product for exactly 3 months and ive come to say this has been one of the more interesting products ive ever review. (I know, whats so interesting about mascara?)
The product was...interesting. The first couple of times i wore it i hated it , it made my lashes look clumpy and too flaky looking. About maybe 3 weeks in i began to love it as it began to send my eyelashes sky rocking high and made them look very clean and natural looking. One strange experience though was one day i picked up my trusty mascara, opened it and all the mascara was on the wand. Literally , it was just all the make up that was in the tube was all over the wand. I ended up setting it down upwards and reached for my lash blast. A day later it was back to normal but i really had no explanation to what happened since at the time i only really had it for a month and i didnt have the funds to buy another.
The price wasnt bad, it was like the regular price of a drug store mascara, which i dont mind.
The packaging definitely very eye catching but very misleading. It says "voluminous" on the package, which can be a problem for people who are looking for a mascara that pumps your eyelashes up. Personally, my eyelashes stayed pretty normal, either then a bit of a lash increase.No volume what so ever.
Overall good product but i can say it was a bit difficult as one can tell. Its a good product, but randomly it can put all the product on the wand for no reason at all. It also says volumizing when there is vertically nothing in it to do this. I would buy this product again though, i do like how my eyelashes ended up in the end...after 3 week and till today. I would recommend others to buy it if they want a decent mascara that will lengthen and clean up their eyelashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by MySilentHeart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

With eye-catching packaging, I thought I'd give the new Maybelline mascara a try, and I was sadly dissapointed.

For something that is labelled 'Volume' it does not live up to it's name.
It lengthens and separates, but does not thicken my lashes at all (even after several coats!)

Huge brush, lovely unique packaging, but wrongly labelled...

Should read "Colossal Defining Express" instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

No bad for $5.50 (at Wal-Mart) Since the recession has officially hit my beauty routine, this is a great drugstore substitute for pricier mascaras. Does not flake, smudge and lasts all day until I take it off. Easy removal, too. It separates and lengthens more than gives volume, but I am pleased. Like it better than Lash Stiletto and the pink and green tube ones. I tried this in Glam Black. The only downside is the big brush but I am learning to work it on my puny light colored lashes!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by KawaiiKat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't like this mascara at all. Has this floral smell to it. Gave me spider lashes when i applied it. It lengthened but didn't give me any curl or volume. The only good thing is that it's really easy to take it off, you don't need to rub your eyes out. Gave it to my friend and she loved it. Won't be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2009 9:35:00 AM More reviews by alicehump

That mascara gets a big "wow" from me. I am really surprised to find such a good mascara for such an adequate price. I gave up searching for a HG mascara long time ago but this is amazing. Note that my lashes are short and spiky so for me, this stuff is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2009 7:23:00 AM More reviews by janinam16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love this mascara,it is my favourite now,my lashes look really long

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by SkinnyCow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this is rated 54% ' would buy again' really ? really ? WOW.

This is HG for me. I will say the brush is very similar to DiorShow. I do like that brush. The actual formual is different. I would say not as thick as DiorShow ? maybe..

Whether or not we like a mascara is very much personal preference. I like mine a little thick, not clumpy but not so thin and smooth. This stuff is awesome. Nice fat brush, great formula. Maybe it has a scent.. IDK - I don't notice / care. I love how it goes on, you notice length AND thickness in one swipe. This does not flake on me. Does not smudge, doesn't come off till I take it off, and having said that - its easy to take off.

I am done buying HE mascaras. I used to think it made a difference. It really doesn't. This stuff is good, Lash Blash, Stiletto all that.. but I like the Colossal the best. I just opened a new tube today.. and usually I like a mascara after about 2 weeks.. after the air has gotten in.. thickened up a bit.. not so here. This is perfect right out of the gate.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2009 7:57:00 AM More reviews by xxAlandraxx

Love this product.. I recently purchased it to find a replacement for my Diorshow as i am trying to economize. i read some reviews that said it was good and bad but i figured for like 9 dollars why not...and i was pleasantly suprised. I have the waterproof formula and it def stays on (i used eye-makup remover and a Cleansing milk to get this stuff off). and it makes my lashes look full and thick. I cant speak on the lengthening side as i have long lashed but they do look beautiful. No flaking or clumping either...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 10:11:00 PM More reviews by ashleypooh1014

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The packaging suckered me in, I like anything brightly colored or shiny. Horrible flaky spider eyed mess.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 2:57:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wonderful results with this! I love it. Not too much clumping and no flaking. Love this stuff! My only complaint is that it STINKS. Like it has a very prominent STENCH to it haha. Makes me a little nauseous but I love this stuff so much I'll get over it. :]]