November 26, 2014 | 1310 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2009 3:28:00 PM More reviews by nurayyy

I am used to waterproof mascaras so that is why i was dissapointed with this mascara. i normally use maybelline volume express (waterproof) and i hoped this one would give more volume but it didn't ; it dries too slow so your curled lashes go down again and when u apply another layer it gets clumpy and it gets allblack under your eyes after a couple hours..

so i went back to my old mascara again................

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Sweetmeli

Before I go into details, you should know that I don't think this product is super amazing. It's normal.

I decided to purchase some drugstore makeup after reading some review, and browsing around. I heard that The Colossal mascara was similar to Lash Blast, which has great ratings. This product isn't expensive at all in my opinion, it cost me $8.99 at my London Drugs.

The tube is bold and bright yellow. I don't care too much for packaging as long as it's not an epic failure. I bought this in the normal brown color, even though I have black lashes. As I opened the tube, I saw that the brush was large, similar to the size of my Benefit BadGal Plum mascara. I'm used to this size, but if you are bad with big brushes, you may need to be more careful during application. This mascara -does- have a rose scent, which doesn't bother me too much because it's not very strong.

On the packaging it claims to be able to make lashes x9 thicker, but that's not the case. It's just like any other ordinary mascara, about twice as thick, maybe a little more depending on how many coats you apply. This color that I chose (brown) really brings out my dark eyes which are also brown. It holds a nice curl, despite it's ordinary thickening talents. **It does not smudge at all, nor does it flake.** It's a decent mascara. You should give it a shot because it may work wonders for you.

I would try other types of mascara instead of repurchasing because there isn't anything too significant about this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2009 4:37:00 PM More reviews by linklicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Colossal? oh yes.....colossal DISASTER...did NOTHING for my lashes...skip this one..

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by xosugar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

An average product. Works better if you layer it with something else, like The Falsies. I probably won't repurchase because it's nothing special

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2009 3:21:00 AM More reviews by bellastellae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really really like this mascara. I had never used mascara before because none of the ones I had ever tried seemed to make any difference. But with this mascara, wow.... now I use mascara everyday! I am an asian girl with short, straight lashes, and this mascara makes them seriously long and thick. I didn't think that was possible on me!

If you already have nice lashes, I don't think you need this mascara. It might look too heavy on you. And yes, this mascara can get a little spidery, but if you apply it fast, it looks very good. I recently tried CG's Lash Blast... didn't like it. Maybelline's Full and Soft was fine if you have good lashes already. I returned both of those and stuck with this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love my Glam Black Colossal SO MUCH! Both kinds of Colossal (waterproof or normal) are HGs for me. The finish is slightly different depending on the formula, and the colors show up differently.

Lasts a long time
Unscented
Applicator helps the formula build on the lashes nicely
Great plumping
Nice color selection
Doesn't flake or smudge

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2009 2:27:00 PM More reviews by lavonvixen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this mascara for several months and I love it. I usually put on two coats after curling my lashes. This really makes my lashes longer, fuller, and my eyes pop.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2009 1:27:00 PM More reviews by orderlydisconduct

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i can't decide if i like this.
the mascara itself is very thick and heavy. it claims to not clump but it definitely does. once i put it on and let it dry i immediately wanted it off. it looks cakey and flakes a lot. it doesn't look natural at all. however after carefully getting rid of the clumps with tweezers and trying to fix it, it did look a little better.
if you want an intense, "HELLO WORLD, I HAVE MASCARA ON" look, this will work. it does frame my eyes and make the blue-green color pop. it also makes the lashes longer and darker. it just doesn't look very natural, which is what i look for in a mascara personally.
i don't think i'll buy this again but it's an interesting change

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2009 1:17:00 PM More reviews by ladygarcia26

i bought this product a big lots for 1.oo very great. i have it in glam brown. its a more softer look. it make my lashes fuller and longer

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by botticellibabe

I like this mascara :) Gives nice volume. But it gave me clumps in the beginning, and I decided I liked CG LashBlast a little more. But if you use a defintion mascara beforehand, you can get great eyelashes! Although I returned it and purchased LashBlast instead, I am almost positive that I will be repurchasing in the future! So yes...I liked LashBlast a little more...but just a little ;) I would definitely recommend this!