December 22, 2014 | 1773 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2003 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Dreemer

I have a friend at Saks Fifth Avenue who gave me a small mini CDLM to try (with guaranteed free refills). She gave me the instructions on how to use it and I drove home quickly to try it on. At first I wasn't impressed at all. I thought it was a bit too oily but during spring break I forgot my regular moisturizer so I just used CDLM morning and night. After two weeks of doing that I've noticed that I no longer need foundation on my entire face. I use my customized foundation under my eyes and my Benefit translucent compact and I look glowing. Even people at work ask about my "new makeup routine". I've noticed that it's good for people who don't have sensitive and/or oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2003 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Pinki

I use this on my hands, feet, knees and elbows and it makes them beautimuss! It doesnt even cost that much for how little you use, I swear. I also use this to recover from scars and burns...it really workd for that. It was not a success as a face cream for me though-too oily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2003 10:02:00 AM More reviews by heatherblossom

the first time I tried this I stopped using it. I didn't think it was doing anything for my skin...but then I started breaking out with every other product I tried, even stuff that supposedly didn't break other people out. I've returned to this even though it doesn't last me that long,(like three months in harsh winter New England) and no day cream I've tried(avon, olay, lancome absolue, nuxe, etc.) makes a better makeup base, and doesn't irritate my skin. I'm hoping to find something that is cheaper and lasts longer (anyone tried darphin fibrogen or vitalskin cremes?)
all in all, it saves my skin since I've lived in a harsh climate. I think it would probably depend upon your skin type though, so you should definitely get generous samples and/or buy for a discount if you can!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2003 12:20:00 PM More reviews by mariabee2700

Caveat emptor! Just got back from the dermatologist. Thanks to the paraffin and/or petroleum in this product, I now have a chronic skin condition known as perioral dermatitis, and must take oral antibiotics to reduce the unsightly and itchy flare ups. I can use nothing stronger on my face than Ceraphil. (Goodbye all other skin treatments, now I'm using basically baby cleanser.) I always had pretty good skin overall, and now, at age 40, the lower half of my face was a mess of red rash and bumps. Just what you need when you feel like the bloom is off the rose to begin with. I wonder if anyone else has contracted this itchy broken out condition from use of this product? It's terrible, and even more when you consider what we pay for this. Save your money and save your skin! I can't say enough bad things about this dreck. I wish I could give it a rating of 0.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2003 9:19:00 PM More reviews by gambitlizard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Glad I got samples first! This is a VERY expensive cream... with 16 ounces going for $1000! It is very moisturizing - too much so for my normal/oily skin. Smells nice and "herbal." Has a HUGE cult following, but get a sample (mine was from Ebay) before splurging. It does make a nice undereye cream, but is rather expensive for that.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2003 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Kaalexa

I used this product a while ago. Everybody was saying it was the greatest so I REALLY wanted it to work for me. Nedless to say with my tendency to break out, this did NOT work at all. Did not like the texture, felt super greasy and it made me break out. Tried the oil absorbing moisturizer after it came out, and except for better texture it was also a bust.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2003 1:08:00 AM More reviews by vandyz

I have a very dry skin between my eyebrows and on the side of my nose. I have tried so many products, I put on Estee Night Repair, Idealist, and 100% Time Release every morning and night. Yet, the dryness always showed. This Creme De Lamer alone can help me within just the first few times used!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2003 6:58:00 AM More reviews by candicewails

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree it takes a little time for some people to get a hang of how to use it right, but it worked fine for me almost from the start. It's unbeatable for skin-repair. Better than Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair, which I used to be nuts about. If I have a zit scab or light wound, this can make everything soft and smooth real fast. In terms of value for money, I certainly think it lasts much longer than other high-end creams like Re-Nutriv, Caviar Luxe or Global Anti-age, cos you only melt a tiny dab each time to pat over your entire face. Plus, the 2oz jar already holds more product than the other 1.7oz creams, for a lower price too. I used the 1oz (30ml) sized pot every night and some days, for over a year! So I've just hardened my heart and bought the bigger pot just a few hours ago. (Goodness knows it'll probably last 2 years or something...)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2003 8:40:00 PM More reviews by ScorpioBunny

Made me break out the first couple of nights, who can get past that!?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2003 12:10:00 PM More reviews by bitchyboss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

great stuff - one needs patience - u see the miracle in a few weeks.