La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Ingredients: Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, [sodium, Potassium, Copper, Calcium, Duncecap, Magnesium, And Zinc Gluconate], Paraffin, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Beta-carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat

on 5/19/2003 4:11:00 PM

Since I have combo skin I used this thick cream in the evening and when I woke up in the morning, it made my skin glow and supple. The cream is very thick and wouldn't recommend using more than a pea size of it at a time. I stopped using it and gave it to my sister who has dry skin. I just don't see myself spending so much money on another jar of it. Once was enough for me. I am on to DHC olive oil which has no fragrance at all. Great product. Best to try a sample before buying the jar like me.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

After all the mixed reviews I read, I decided I'd better try a sample...and at first I thought it was going to live up to the hype. My skin was noticeably smoother & my skin tone more even, but it's a bit pricey for every day use, and after using it awhile I find it does makes me break out. I'll be looking for an alternative.

on 5/19/2003 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This lives up to its name most certainly...its a fab moisturizer BUT its really too heavy. I live in singapore n its SOOOO hot here...so I cant use it during the day at all. but wen i use this wen i sleep, i wake up with fab, smooth skin. i think it also lightened a few of my acne scars n i've only been using this for abt i and a half weeks...i love it. I'm gonna get thier oil absorbing lotion to replace this though....but really...fab product...

on 5/19/2003 2:39:00 AM

My older friend reccommended it for my acne(she uses it for fine lines and adores this cream). After reading the story about how a nasa scientist came up with this formula I thought at last a cure for my acne. I liked the clean scent and found it to be lightly greasy, but it made me breakout a little more. Now I'm using it as an eye cream which works great. Not reccommended for teenagers but I think I would repurchase in the far future when I'm dealing with fine lines

on 5/17/2003 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got sucked into all the hype about this product, and bought it. It's an OK eye creme, but that's about it. I'd recommend holding on to those dollars and buying a great purse or pair of shoes, because if you purchase this "miracle creme," you will regret it.

on 5/17/2003 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

YUK ! Another expensive cream with mineral oil in it (check out the ingredients on the pot). Left a horrible nasty oily feeling on my skin.

For a product range so expensive, I would expect essential oils of rose and jasmine in here, jojoba oil, rosehip oil, and shea butter to be somewhere in the cream.

Expensive tat in my opinion !

on 5/17/2003 10:52:00 AM

Very oily and heavy. When I used it in the daytime my face looked like an oil slick. i had to use many oil blotters that day. ewww... didn't absorb at all. i didn't see any 'miraculous' changes in my skin as it is being touted. for the price i paid, i think it was useless. i really wanted it to work cos i have pimple scars that are so stubborn and my skin tone isn't that great. what a disappointment... i think it's all hype

on 5/15/2003 4:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE this product. I am fairly young & don't have any noticeable wrinkles yet, but I want to make sure I stay that way. This cream is wonderful. I have gotten so many compliments lately on my skin! It also keeps my make-up in place all day long, which is usually a problem for me, since it always fades away or seems to slip right off my face. I would HIGHLY reccomend this product to anyone! I figure that even though it is a bit pricey, it is going to be worth it in the long run, not to mention that its cheaper & safer than popular laser surgery.

on 5/12/2003 9:29:00 PM

This stuff looks like white paste and feels heavy. But I followed the SA's instructions and put a very small amount on my fingertips and rubbed then together. This broke down the cream and I then patted it on my face. I thought I wasn't using enough but the SA called me and assured me I was using enough. I think I tend to over-moisturize. My T-zone is noticeably less oily and my monthly breakout was quickly healed. My dry cheeks are less dry. My complexion is clearer and I am not wearing foundation after 2 weeks of use. I don't feel all "soupy" at night with tons of moisturizer on my face. This stuff is great and I will buy it again. I wish it wasn't so expensive.

on 5/12/2003 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After having read a bunch of reviews, on this almost mythical and highly expensive moisturizer, that claims that it is extremely heavy and sits on the skin and so on. I canīt help but think that it seems like most reviewers havenīt been correctly informed about the application process neccesary to make the La Mer cream work. ( Itīs in fact quite understandable since itīs very poorly explained in the La Mer pamphlet that comes with the jar).
The thing is that you really need to rub the cream extensively between the palms of your hands before application. A few seconds does not do the trick unless you have very warm hands! Three to four minutes is what it normally takes before the cream transforms, which it does, totally. Instead of being the white, thick almost doe-like consistency it becomes liquidy-thin and invisible and when you clap it on to your face once transformed the skin will drink it right up. This process might seem teedious and hard work! ( but it will definetely build up some muscle-tissue in your arms and even chest - what a great way to work-out...). Anyway if you donīt rub the cream until it transforms, the skin will according to the salespeople at La Mer not be able to take up all the good stuff this cream has to offer. So ladies, Start rubbing!