April 17, 2014 | 1800 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by muiie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation really covers up. it is definately heavy coverage. but i didn't really like it because it felt kinda heavy against my skin, to the point where people can "tell" i have make up on. also i find it irritating that mac gives the pump separately and when i bought this foundation, they ran out of their pumps! i had to come back 2 times later cuz it was always oos! the smell is definately not pleasent...it makes the foundation smell all chemical and icky...but it will go away after awhile. overall, not a product i'll repurchase simply becuase it is too much for me and way too heavy and expensive. i'm an NC35 for ref. =D

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by mascaraluvin

This was horrible! It clogged my pores and completely broke me out! I went back and returned it. Ugh!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2009 6:55:00 AM More reviews by babiigurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favourite of all time foundation! I am IN LOVE WITH THIS STUFF! I will be buying this for a loooong time!

Pros:
- As I have oily skin this matte finish looks great on!
- SPF 15
- Very natural finish but also covers really well
- Perfectly matches my skin tone NC45 which is hard to get...

Cons:
- A bit expensive $48 AUD
- Wish they all came in a pump bottle

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by browneyedgrl317

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually have nothing to complain about this product. I have acne prone skin, the first foundation I ever tried was Bare Minerals and it completely broke me out after about two weeks and I noticed that after a few hours certain parts of my face looked sort of yellow. Well I decided to try out a MAC foundation (regardless of all the negative reviews I've heard and read) and I'm in love. I've been using it for more than a month now and I have yet to find anything wrong with it, no break-outs, absolutely nothing. Although it did not come with a pump, I ordered one off of their website and it is an excellent pump. Definite re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2009 12:18:00 AM More reviews by nicolebailon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i just bought this yesterday and i am in love with it . the girl at mac tried it on me at the store and it looked really good-- the coverage is great ! i'm still waiting it out for a couple more days to see if anything strange happens.. but i used it again today and it was really nice. there was no need for concealer . good.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2009 10:10:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tried this foundation in NC37 (I was just back from holidays so they matched me with that, usually I'd be NC30/25).. It is a nice foundation, blendable, and you can have a layer for a light coverage or build it up to full/flawless. I did not experience breakouts or oxidising on my face! As much as I liked this foundation I have two bottles that are still to be used, since I love mineral makeup so much!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Vittoriak

I decied to try it after hearing many good things about it. It... it is not exactly disappointing, yet it is not as exciting as I thought. I got NC25, yet it seems a little too dark for me even in summer. Look, I am someone who perfers heavier coverage, and there is absolutely nothing to complain about the coverage - it covers all the imperfections. But it easily turns into a mask. It's very tricky. One weird thing about this foundation is that it gives me the perfect smooth finish on some days, and on other day, unfortunately, makes my face looking rugged (it really does!) and cakey. So, I think I will explore other foundations next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2009 3:49:00 AM More reviews by grace_x

For every amazing thing about this product theres sometimes a downside.
The range of colours is fantastic (im an NC35) but the colour changes after a couple of hours.
The coverage is good, but if your not carefull it can give you the 'mask effect'.
It evens out skin texture and minimizes pores consequently blocking them and causing breakouts.
Has a nice semi matte finish which lasts for all of half an hour.

And then theres just the downsides,
It is almost impossible to blend with fingers.
It can sometimes go quite patchy if you blend too much, even if a good primer and an 187 brush is used (areas on the face appear to have no foundation whilst others are caked in it?!)
A finishing powder is definitely needed.
Can sometimes be quite drying.

BUT..
Coverage is great and when you get it right it looks totally amazing. So even though this is a pretty hit and miss product, i'd recommend giving it a go because when you see the possible finish it can give, it's pretty easy to overlook all the bad points.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by snottra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Works surprisingly well on my oily skin. Doesn't move around, or create tiny craters from when my pores produce oil, like Everyday Minerals foundation does. (Probably quite unnecessary to point out that tiny craters on your nose isn't that attractive...)
Covers more than I thought it would. Use a foundation brush though. Fingers aren't that good with this.

I am a little concerned about the color though. I have NC15, and it works well now, after the summer, but what will I do in winter, when I'm all dead pale again? I also noticed that "Damn! This is yellow!" when I applied it to my face, but people just tell me how great I look, so I guess the yellowness of the foundation just reduces my redness. That's awesome.

The packaging isn't all that great. Glass bottle, screw on lid. Had to pay extra if I wanted a pump instead of the screw lid. That sucks.

Anyhow, overall, it works great for me. I have totally abandoned my Everyday Minerals foundation, which I praised so high before.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2009 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Jbluver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Hello!
Coloring: NW15
I've been on a SUPER long foundation hunt and came across what I thought to be my HG at MAC. I asked the MA (makeup artist) at MAC (when getting a makeover) for a foundation that would give me more of a matte finish. I like the dewy finish, but I have oily skin, so I thought getting a dewy one would maximize the oily appearance. It's easy to apply (I use the MAC 188 SK dupe), blends beautifully, and my favorite part is the coverage. I am a happy medium person. I don't know if I would ever buy/use purely powder foundation b/c it feels like a waste of time to just put powder on, versus some liquid that would even out my skin-tone and cover my acne. BUT I don't like super heavy liquid that is obvious that you have foundation on. Also it's never appeared cake-y on me. It has shown some dry-skin look, but you can fix that by mixing it in with moisturizer on the brush it's applied with. This is the perfect happy medium for me :)
In addition it gives you a beautiful flawless look in pictures :)

However, I'm SUPER sad to report that it broke me out :( My chin and face broke out in painful acne bouts :( I was SOOOOO sad! this is the only reason I will not re-purchase. Also, it is a bit steep at $26. I talked to a lisenced MAC artist that free-lances out of her salon about this, and she said in general to avoid MAC's foundations because they can be drying and are not a good pick for acne prone people.

so I hope that you have better luck with this than me, but if you're not acne prone, I HIGHLY reccomend splurging a bit on this :)

I hope this helps you decide either way on studio fix, as always if you have any questions, feel free to message me anytime!