Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this when I was getting a weird acne breakout that was caused by who knows what. It actually helped me clear it up. It made my face really clean and is very gentle. The only thing I did not like however was the smell. I guess it just takes some getting used to but I would prefer another smell altogether. It works though and is non-irritating.

on 2/25/2008 2:18:00 PM

This product is just okay for me. My face feels very clean after I wash with this. However, I like my Sensaria Balancing Cleanser much better and I will not switch to this product. The Sensaria cleanser has a nice minty scent and it almost tingles when I put it on my face. It leaves my face feeling much fresher and cleaner and it's even cheaper! So I guess if I were not comparing it to my other cleanser, this product is okay and I would buy it again. However, given that I like my other cleanser better, I will not buy this product again.

on 2/23/2008 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I got this as part of a bday gift set a year ago and I've been loving it ever since. I even bought the litre bottle off QVC.
It cleanses make up really well - even mascara, but be careful b/c it will rinse off on your towel if you don't scrub with a face cloth or sponge. It does have a smell that takes getting used to, but my face feels clean without feeling tight after I use it.
Love it and will keep buying it.

on 2/19/2008 3:45:00 PM

I have been using Philosphy's Purity forn over 2 years. It has clear up my acne and help prevent those awful period pimples. The best thing about this product is that it removes oil, dirt and even eye makeup without leaving your skin dried out.

on 2/19/2008 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just started using this and WOW!! Finally a cleanser that takes off all my makeup (including MAC Full Coverage foundation) and doesn't leave my face feeling like the Saraha Desert. And this is quite a feat as I usually have to use a makeup remover and then a seperate cleanser, but with this just 30 seconds massaging it on my face and a good rinse, voila, no makeup on the towel when I dried. LOVE LOVE this stuff, I just wish I found it sooner.

on 2/19/2008 11:48:00 AM

I was using this cleanser a couple of months ago. It's an alright cleanser, but it's rather creamy. I'm not sure if it caused me a few pimples or if that was just my hormones going whack, but I'm not really inclined to repurchase. I still haven't found my HG cleanser but I think this one is more for people who have dry or sensitive skin.

on 2/15/2008 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love it. Non deteregent ( hence the lack of lather), no synthetic or pore cloggin oils, and I no longer need to use Take the Day Off to remove my eye makeup. My nightly cleanisng routine has been cut in half. Thank you.

on 2/14/2008 7:48:00 PM

My HG Cleanser!!! I have used this for a number of years, and now matter what else I try, I ALWAYS come back to this. Does not dry out my skin and works equally as well in hot summer months and cold winter months.

on 2/14/2008 2:38:00 PM

way over priced of course like many other people have said! so im not to upset that this cleanser didnt work for me. i did take off make-up well, even mascara, but it totally dried of out my skin in a bad way. all around my mouth area was a big flakey mess after about two days of use. my face hurt from this cleanser..yuck!!

on 2/14/2008 2:04:00 PM

I can't beleive I haven't posted a review for this till now. I have been using this cleanser for over a year now & LOVE it! I but the big 32oz bottle from QVC & it comes with a pump & I feel that is the best price & value I can get. My husband & I both use this cleanser. It does not have a harsh smell, it takes everything off including my shiseido spf55 suncreen (that many have said is really hard to get off) & waterproof mascara. It has not broken me out or gotten an allergic reaction or any clogged pores. Recently I thought its a bit expensive and maybe I can try out a drugstore cleanser instead but, I broke out & now am back to this again. I think this is my HG cleanser!