October 2, 2014 | 1457 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2007 9:52:00 PM More reviews by catfight

i absolutely love this cleanser. i actually bought a 32oz size bottle from QVC and it was only $36...such an amazing price for this product. i use it twice a day...its so gentle on the skin but does take off makeup effectively. holy grail!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2007 1:53:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the fact that this cleanser does melt away ALL of my make-up but it breaks me out BAD. My face feels soft and really clean but its not worth the havic my skin indures the next day. SORRY. I would recommend it if you DO NOT have acne-prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 9:41:00 PM More reviews by vcanady

I always wondered how people could be so in love with a cleanser. After all it goes on your face for about 30 seconds, you rinse it off and your done with it. However, I now understand. This stuff is just plain lovely, it removes all makeup [except for the 2 pounds of mascara I apply daily] and leaves your skin feeling so clean and fresh. I love the texture of it as well. It almost feels oily, but in a good way. I just love how my skin feels after I use it and it is definitly my most favorite cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 12:22:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie5349

This has become my new HG cleanser. My skin has become so much clearer since using this cleanser along with Hope In A Jar moisturizer.

One note for anybody considering this: on the demos on QVC, they say it removes ALL eye makeup. I have found that isn't the case with me. It does give a good head start to removing mascara - and it does remove all eye shadow - but I still have to use a little bit of eye makeup remover to get the rest of my mascara off.

Still, the benefits are definitely worth it and I highly recommend this!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 2:57:00 AM More reviews by macgucci

I bought the 32-oz. bottle that comes with a pump and keep it in the shower. I just love it because a single pump will get all of my makeup off, including any eye makeup, without drying my skin or stinging my eyes. It rinses clean away and doesn't leave a residue or fragrance. If you get the large bottle it lasts forever and ends up being quite a good value. Purity is a product I'll be sure to not run out of.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2007 8:08:00 PM More reviews by JulieLance

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So disappointed in Philosophy products and this is no exception. Way too expensive and nothing special....I have bought much less expensive products that were far better....save your money and look elsewhere...

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2007 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Fearnotsomuch

I can't use this as my "go to" skin care product as it doesn't help out too much with the amount of blackheads I have. However, it is great for removing makeup prior to the rest of my skincare routine! (which I haven't yet figured out..)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2007 10:23:00 PM More reviews by jesshamus

This product is horrendous! It's got a gross chemically smell and it totally dries up your skin. Also, it caused me to break out big time! Huge cystic pimples which thank god my dermatologist took care of. Will never buy again. And the packaging is cheap and breaks easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 4:21:00 PM More reviews by rowanswhimsy

I love this product. It removes all of my makeup (including eye makeup) while leaving my skin feeling very soft. It's a creamy cleanser that doesn't foam up but still seems to just melt makeup and dirt away. I have slight rosacea and my skin can often be sensitive. This cleanser is very soothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 1:34:00 PM More reviews by nicolley77

one of my tried and true cleansers. it takes off all makeup (except waterproof mascara). it doesn't foam so it rinses off clean. the smell is fairly pleasant, but don't get it in your mouth because it tastes horrible. it can be a little drying, but since i have oily skin it isn't a problem for me.