BeneFit Cosmetics Dandelion

4.1

Ingredients: talc, mica, calcium aluminum borosicicate, polyethylene, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), magnesium myristate, pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, C9-15 fluoroalcohol phosphates, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, phenoxyethanol, bis-diglyceryl polyacryladipate-2, squalane, carmine (CI 75470), lecithin, iron oxides (CI 77491), methylparaben, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), glycine soja (soybean) oil, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77492), BHT, retinyl palmitate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, limonene, alumina, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, citral butylphenyl methylpropional, citronellol, eugenol.

on 9/30/2003 11:28:00 PM

I tried this product last May and it showed up nicely on my skin, then a few months later I bought it, and it didn't show up AT ALL! I applied layers and layers with multiple brushes and it still wouldn't show up. I had the same color skin *no tan* and no other makeup that would cancel it out. I would only buy this if I sampled it at the store and saw an actual difference. This would only show up on someone who was VERY PPP.

on 9/30/2003 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my Holy Grail.
1. Number of compliments I have received wearing it : Countless
2. Probability of getting a compliment while wearing it : 60-70%
3. Number of times I have worn it: Daily from Mon-Sat for the last 2 months

This is a sheer pretty pink that is perfect for my LLL, NC 25, BB Sand complexion. It has just the right amount of shimmer which is not too garish. It is sheer so you never have to worry you are putting on too much as you layer it on. It lats through the day. Sometimes, I dab a faint creme blush (BB pale pink, PX Mystick Women, Ettusias Cream souffle in Pink) and dust Dandelion over the cheeks. The effect lasts into evening despite the hot humid climate in Singapore. There is a faint pleasant scent that is not too overpowering; I dare say it'd be too much if the scent was stronger though.

This is a great day blush and I have relagated my Nars orgasm, sin and Erno Laszlo mutli-phase blusher to special evenings out (when I want stronger more pigmented colours).

on 9/28/2003 6:13:00 PM

I caved in and bought this after being bombarded by how wonderful it was on MUA and in magazine articles. What a waste! I couldn't get this to show up on my NC 30 skin. The brush it comes w/ is worthless too. I gave this 2 lippies b/c the blush does smell nice - why you need a scented blush is beyond me though :P

on 9/28/2003 2:52:00 PM

My friend gave this to me as a gift (*waves to ktm13*), and I'm most definitely in love. I swirl a fluffy blush brush around in the box a few times to pick up enough colour, and it definitely shows up on my NC15 skintone. I use it mainly as a blush, as I generally try to avoid adding pink to my entire complexion. The colour is a light neutral-to slightly-warm pink with a hint of golden shimmer, so it should suit both cool and warm skintones just fine. I love the smell of this--it's like sitting out in a garden--but I don't know that scented blushes are really necessary. In any case, I would likely purchase this again, because I haven't found anything that gives quite the same effect.

on 9/24/2003 10:58:00 AM

Love, love, love this all except the brush (I use a different brush). I use this almost everyday and it really brightens up my entire face.

on 9/23/2003 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I felt kinda weird about spending twenty six dollars on a fairly small box, but then realized that this would probably last me awhile :)
I think that it looks great on my skin though. I can lightly ( I mean lightly) dust it all over my face for a pretty, natural glow, and I can layer it for a blush or eyeshadow effect. Dandelion really simplifies my makeup bag too... perfect!

on 9/20/2003 10:47:00 PM

Too light to be considered a blush for me. Unless you keep adding it over and over again- which beats the point of this item. It does add warmth to your skin. But it'll look too pink, if you add too much pressure on the brush. Use it lightly and I find it easier if you use a big powder brush for it.
It neautralizes Benetint- esp. if you added abit too much. I like to wear dandelion with benetint, kiss-me gloss and high beam.

on 9/16/2003 10:32:00 AM

This is a cute little product. I bought it on impulse, and I have been playing around with it for a while now. I have pretty fair skin, but I am having trouble using it as a blush. It looks pretty when dusted lightly over the entire face... It gives me a subtle glow. Too much, though, gives a noticeable "pinky" look to my skin. I also like to use this over blush-- especially matte ones. It can make any matte blush look soft and shimmery. Overall, I like this product, but I doubt that I would buy it again. At $24 for a container of it, I just don't know if it does *that* much for me. It's fun, but I don't find that it is essential at all.

on 9/16/2003 4:53:00 AM

I have very fair skin and bought this as a blush. It gave me the most natural peachy cheeks - you can build it up as you wish. BUT during the summer, I got talked into buying Benefit's tinted moisturiser, 'You Rebel' - the selling point was the way the Benefit Lady brushed Dandelion *all over* the face on top of it! It gave Dandelion a complete new function - it took the shine off the coat of 'You Rebel' as powder would to foundation, and gave a natural sunkissed glow. So now Dandelion is my summer 'all over' powder. You can build it up on your cheeks so it still serves as a blush - but I personally now prefer to use Benetint as my blush on top of Dandelion. Great for fair skin!

on 9/10/2003 5:24:00 AM

I was lemming for this product for the longest time ever! The first time I went to get it, I picked up NARS Orgasm instead. While I still love Orgasm and all my other blushes, I want something that looks very, very natural, something that makes people wonder, 'is she, or isn't she?'=) And I'm glad to say that I've found it in Dandelion! I'm an LLL with yellow undertones, and I have heaps of freckles.. Dandelion helps to give colour to my face - I dust it all over, concentrating on my cheeks. It's so calming to know that I don't have to be scared of looking like a clown cos it's really subtle! Love it.=)

Downside: as everyone else said, the packaging is cute but troublesome. Don't even think of taking this while travelling.. And the cute brush is pretty useless as well, unless if you want to draw streaks like war paints on your cheeks.=P

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products