August 23, 2014 | 1755 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 2:51:00 AM More reviews by xoxolove

I like how it makes your lashes really long, but it doesn't give make it look thicker, which is why I placed in only 4 stars. This mascara definitely does not run, which is what I have had to deal with before. I would recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by kameelah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BeneFit products are super expensive so thankfully I received a free sample instead.

Pros:
- Very Pigmented
- Holds a decent curl

Cons:
- Hard to build once dry
- Painfully hard brush!!
- unnaturally looking

Overall, I definitely would not buy a full size version of the product. It hurt the rims of my eyes too much to even apply and the ending look just didn't look full, separated, or natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by hannahr20

I needed a new mascara & after seeing this one I couldn't resist, the packaging is very appealing & it claimed to lengthen, volumise & curl the eyelashes. I purchased it with an open mind because I have bought mascaras in the past which are pretty rubbish.
I can not fault this mascara at all.. I absolutely love it! It gives me full thick eyelashes that lifts and curls them.
Can't rate this mascara any higher, will definitely be buying it again & has now become my favourite!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by nocturnem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: I got a mini sized They're Real! mascara from Sephora for free, so I thought I'd give it a try once again. If well applied, it does actually work wonders. One just has to be careful not to get too much product on the wand, especially at the round tip, and apply 2 layers max, otherwise it will clump! As for the staying powder, it's still as great as ever. No flaking, not black things around my face, just awesome.

I had read tons of good BeneFit They're Real mascara reviews so I thought it'd be worth spending the money (ouch!) on it. I have to say it's one of the hardest products to apply I've ever used. Doesn't hold a curl too well (even after using a curler), and applying more than one coat results in a clumpy mess that makes it look like I only have 5 thick eyelashes in each eye. Also, the tip of the wand wastes way too much product. For one coat, it works well in defining lashes and making them look longer, but gives hardly any volume and unless you wait a while for it to dry, re-curling eyelashes after application only makes them clumpy. Great for a natural look, it doesn't flake *at all*, but unless you like spidery lashes (which can look great sometimes), nay for the fake eyelash look.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by ssallin

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent mascara. The want is plastic I think so it separates the lashes and makes them look really long. I usually put two or three coats on and my lashes look look and think. I think this is an excellent mascara and would purchase again. I tried, Hourglass and Tarte and returned them both!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2011 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Mailman

I like how this mascara makes my lashes look but it's really hard to remove it at the end of the day. I think the removal has damaged my lashes so I won't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by turtledove1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely LOVE this mascara! I used to use Yves Saint Laurent falsh lash effect but a bit of me died everytime I bought it because of the price...this is as good for five pounds less. I will admit I don't use it on its own...I use it over L'Oreal Voluminous, but with this combo my lashes look amazing, long , thick and black as pitch. I am a fan of layering mascara as you can use a lengthening one and a thickening one and get the false look. It does take effort and time to get this effect but I'm prepared to do it. I don't agree with the comments that it's difficult to remove either, I use Garnier eye makeup remover and it all comes off. Possible HG material.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Raquelina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not usually a fan of plastic bristle wands in a mascara, but this is an exception. The brush is narrow enough that it doesn't poke you in the eye, yet it adds great length and definition. The pointed tip of the wand is the selling point of They're Real for me, since it really gets to each and every lash to deposit product. I've actually had someone ask me if my lashes were my own the other day, which was a rare compliment that I have to attribute to this! The main downfalls I see in this mascara are that it could hold curl a bit better, and it leaves something to be desired in the volume department. It's definitely more for length, and I'm not usually a fan of lengthening mascaras over volumizing ones, but the look this gives is great. I do find it can be a little bit of a pain to remove, as some others said, but with an oil-based remover I'm able to eventually get it all off.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2011 7:33:00 AM More reviews by racat

Hmmm - I guess this product is ok, better than a lot of mascaras out there but nowhere near as good as MAC studio fix lash, which is also cheaper.

I found it wasn't very dramatic after one coat, two looked a little better, but three went clumpy and spidery. Not nice.
So I guess I'll be sticking with two coats which is definitely not a false lash look.

For the price I had high expectations, but was pretty disappointed. I definitely won't repurchase as I can find a better quality mascara for cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by sb457

LOVE! I have like no eyelashes and this was amazing could not believe the wonders it did for me, amazing!