BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara is okay - definitely not worth the price. It's made out to be such an amazing mascara, but it's not really that much different to most mascaras. When I put it on, my eyelashes didn't look that much more defined than they ever did with my 8 Rimmel one! You have to put a lot of it on before you actually see much of a difference, and by the time you dip the stick back in for a second coat, your eyelashes have already dried so they look clumpy and feel heavy by the time you put more on. It dries unbelievably fast! Another con about it - it is so difficult to remove. Definitely not worth the hassle. I was literally scrubbing my eyes with good eye makeup remover - and if it's good, the mascara usually comes off within 4 wipes. If you leave a little bit of mascara on your eye without realizing and try to put more on the next morning, it won't go on and I looked as if I had about 3 tiny eyelashes. This mascara really is nice when it's on - but not worth the hassle of trying to put it on really quickly or trying hard to take it off.

I'm Korean & naturally have really short eyelashes and I'm always willing to spend a little extra for mascara, but this was a huge disappointment. It coats & barely curls but there's no length or volume. Before this I tried Sephora's Full Action Extreme Effect Mascara and I will be going back to it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really like this mascara! I don't know if I have a "HG" mascara yet. I like that I can comb through my lashes to separate and it's buildable. I think its a pretty good formula, not too wet. I absolutely hate getting mascara in my eyes. I also love that it stays on all day. Seriously lasts for at least 12 hours. Only good things to say on this one.

Pros:
The BRUSH!
very black
doesn't flake or smudge
adds length, volume and curl
works almost like waterproof

Cons:
Price

Got this as a free birthday gift at Sephora....to me, this is as nasty as it comes....made my lashes spiky, hard, didn't lengthen that much, or thicken, and played hell trying to get it off, even with oil cleanser! Prefer Buxom and Tarte Lights camera lashes a lot more!

Love love this mascara. It gives my lashes great length and volume without clumping. I'm not sure if it's the formulation of the mascara, the brush or a combo of both, but it's just pure awesome. I've tried to go back to drugstore mascaras but haven't had much luck, so until then, I'm sticking with this baby.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

After soo much hype I decided to give this mascara a try,I didn't exactly expect this mascara to work miracles but it really did disappoint! The formula is extremely claggy and drying on lashes and made my already naturally curly lashes pin straight! Although the spoolie applicator really did impress me as it actually did manage to coat every single lash! All in all lovely packaging but just rubbish formula!!

PROS:
-awesome brush, the end helps you get right to the root and all the corner lashes
-very black
-makes lashes (mine, anyway) HUGE..long, voluminous, thick
-coats layer on top of each other very nicely

CONS:
-it smudges right under my eyebrow where my lashes hit my brow bone
-I don't believe they have a waterproof formula...this formula is very hard to get off when I want to remove it, however, it smudges off my upper lashes during the day
-doesn't hold a curl particularly great, however, it isn't so heavy that it droops the lashes down. I'd say it's average at holding a curl.

Overall I really like this mascara! I've already repurchased. The price is quite high but nothing outrageous compared to others at Sephora.

I got the mini version of this as a sephora birthday gift.

the brush is very nice. I love the rounded tip that I can use for my outer and inner corners.

however, this clumps my lashes. it IS very wet, which I usually don't have a problem with, but it coats my lashes to a point where it's just too heavy. Once it dries, my lashes become so hard, I imagine I could rake leaves with them.

staying power is good. the overall look and finish is not.

TIP: if you have a mascara that you feel is too wet, dust setting powder on your lashes prior to application. It will help the wetness while applying :)

At first I liked this mascara, and then on days when I wanted longer/thicker eyelashes I noticed it would become horribly clumpy and look awful. I retried again, and again, and again. Still nothing. This mascara is great if you want a so so everyday lash look, but far too expensive to be clumping up the way it did! Would not repurchase.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I received a sample of this from Sephora on my birthday and it's been my favorite mascara so far (given that I haven't tried a lot). I love how this seperates my lashes instead of clumping them up like the Lancome ones do, but I find that it doesn't hold up my curl very well. I haven't found one that does though, I have naturally poker straight lashes :( Will repurchase unless I come across a better one.

Popular Mascaras