November 23, 2014 | 2006 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Bunny111

I LOVE this mascara!!! I have rather short eyelashes and i love the doe eyed full lash look- my only problem is the price, i think 18 is a little steep for a mascara but it's worth it! I use an eyelash curler first and then 2 coats of this in the fay (3 at night) and it makes my lashes look fabulous- people have asked if i'm wearing falsies.

Well done Benefit!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 5:56:00 AM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

A so-so mascara. I can get a decent dramatic eye look with a lot of elbow grease, but have had better results from other (and cheaper) products with far less effort. First of all, I was surprised at how wet the formulation is, considering the mascara is meant to create volume. (The texture reminded me very much of a few of Bourjois' mascaras like the 'liner effect' one.) The first coat goes on like a dream, but looks extremely natural on my very-long-but-fine lashes. I don't mind the medium-sized rubberised brush, though the wetness of the product makes it all too easy to get smudges on the lid during application (and these smudges don't remove as easily as those created by many other mascaras I've used - which dry on the lid and can be flaked away.) Obviously, I didn't buy this mascara for a natural look, so a second coat is a must, but that's when the clumps set in - in particular, little blobs on the tip of each lash. When the lashes are de-blobbed, the look is pretty - very black and defined - though not as dramatic or 'false' as that created by many other mascaras I've tried. I don't find it very good at holding a curl, but a plus point is that my lashes remain silky and soft to the touch.
I wouldn't repurchase as I'm underwhelmed.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by emmak89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this mascara having had it highly recommended by a few of my friends. The first time I used it I was really excited about it but on the first application I just got clumps! So disappointing....It's very wet and goes on extremely thick. I usually like to build up mascara applying quite a few coats but I've found with this mascara I just have to apply a coat or two and leave it at that as if I continue building it up my eyelashes end up a gloopy, clumpy mess. On the plus side, this is an alright mascara as with just a couple of coats lashes do appear longer and darker. The brush is good, particularly the spiked tip, but there are plenty of other mascaras out there with similar brushes. It also has great staying power so doesn't really need to be reapplied & the packaging is really smart. But overall for the cost it's definitely not worth it. I was previously using Maxfactor False Lash Effect which is around 10 in the UK as opposed to 19 for They're Real and I think it does just as good if not a better job on my lashes and is a lot more buildable. Will definitely be going back to that!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by sm510

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this mascara. it makes my lashes so long and quite a bit thicker. i have pretty long lashes to begin with though and they arent too thin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by grace11103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an ok mascara, great for lengthening, and A LOT better than bad gal in consideration with smudging.. but still smudges onto my bottom lids after a few hours (unlike a few minutes with bad gal)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by pinkdiva512

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I felt i had to review this mascara. I am completely in LOVE with this mascara. I have very short lashes and no mascara i tried (Lash Blast, Maybelline Lash Stiletto) nothing came close to even giving me the length, darkness or volume that this mascara has given me. Yes at first, I didn't like it , it was tooo wet. But i decided to wear it everyday because i did pay $ 22.00 for it. after about a week I noticed that the formula was less wet and the impact this mascara had on my eye lashes was amazing. I am not a false eye lash kinda girl. But with this my friends are always asking if i have them on. When I tell them its my mascara they are amazed. I LOVE THIS MASCARA and will repurchase when i run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by wrathofthefuries

Ok, girls. The people who have given this negative reviews are obviously people who have just bought the mascara. The reason this product doesn't work as well as the testers in the store is because the testers have been used a bit and are DRYER. When you first buy this mascara - like most high end mascaras, it is very wet. You can't build very well with it and you end up with spider legs. However after a few uses the product dries a bit and the result is a much more buildable product. When it gets like this this product is awesome. It doesn't budge or flake. The colour is a shiny black and the formula is latex like so you can't reapply later in the day -though you won't need to.

11 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by minpinmom

In a word...YUCK. This mascara is nothing special and that is the best thing I can say about it. I found this mascara to be too wet and I found the brush to be quite painful! Something in the formulation must not agree with me because this made my eyes water something terrible. I will be returning this for my beloved Bad Gal!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Kmarji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product isn't necessarily horrible. It's an okay mascara that's worth no more than $5. It made my eyelashes extremely stiff and didn't do anything special. Big waste of money, I don't understand how it's the highest selling item at ulta!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by sheenabeena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know what it is, but once I buy something, it is never as amazing as it is when you sample it in Sephora. Maybe you just get used to it, but I was not even looking for mascara when I found this the other day. Something about it was so amazing that I had to purchase it, and now it's just so-so. It can only be applied once a day because it is a very tacky feeling mascara. Without eyeliner, it really emphasizes lashes, so maybe I will use it on days I don't feel like wearing much makeup. Otherwise, it does not give much volume and looks bad with black eyeliner.