BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2036 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 12/20/2012 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Everyone was raving about this mascara so I had to try it out. Although on the pricey side, I sure it'll be worth it- I couldn't have been more wrong!
This is one of the most un-impressive makeup items I have invested in! It did lengthen my lashes however it weighed my lashes down and is very crumbly and clumps up!!
Defo won't be recommending to anyone!
Another downside has got to be the brush- plastic brushes just do not give the same effect as the proper bristle brushes
Bottom line: I'd much rather stick with my max factor ones!

on 12/20/2012 8:24:00 PM

This was a REAL bummer. It not only didn't add volume or length, it also weighed my lashes down so much that they just wouldn't curl with an eyelash curler. The instructions say that you should hold the wand vertically and move this upwards to curl your lashes, but all this did was to clump the lashes together because of the weird ball-like spiked tip at the end of the wand. Also, no matter how carefully you pull the wand out of the bottle, you're bound to get a glob of mascara on the tip of the wand, which is huge wastage coz you'll end up just wiping all that off on a tissue if you don't want it creating a mess on your lashes.

on 12/19/2012 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This mascara is spidery, irritating, overpriced, and not black enough. Plus, it will not come off, no matter how much makeup remover you use. This makes my eyes red and irritated, and they feel like they're burning. It also looks sort of grey, not a true deep black. The before-and-after picture on the packaging - false advertising as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't work well at all. No way would I repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

OK, I bought it on a whim, without reading the reviews. I just wanted t try it, and as there is no way to try it without buying the full size (no mini size here) . By the way, I adore the brands (EL, Chanel, Dior) that give out samples of GWP of mascaras so that you can try them before you buy!
So, back to the point: had to try this so much praised mascara and bought it.
I am disappointed.
It is jet black, but It does not give that dramatic lenght as it claims. It's OK, but other mascaras (even drugstore) perfom way better.
This mascara is clump city at the 2nd coat. One coat would suffice to avoid clumps but in that way you do not achieve outstanding volume nor lenght. When you apply the second coat, it is a nightmare. Hard to remove, it also flakes after some hours.
I do not like it that much and I should have repurchased my beloved Chanel Inimitable instead.
NO buy.

I have been using this mascara for a while and generally I think it is good. But this may sound strange but its not consistent... Sometimes my eyelashes look great and other times they look stubby. I love the dramatic length look and this does do that but you have to wait for the mascara to dry before you apply additional coats to build up. The brush is more comb than brissles and has a pointy ball at the end that is suposed to separate the lashes but i personally have never used it. Overall I do like and do keep re-buying, but always on the look for that perfect mascara!

on 12/17/2012 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have short straight and pale lashes.
So, positives first..... Its very black and glossy. Em, thats it.
Negatives..... Expensive, difficult to layer, i found it went very clumpy after applying a 2nd coat. Also it makes lashes feel crispy and brittle. Its a pain to remove, end up with huge panda eyes! I also think it didnt last very long, considering you only use a small amount (because u cant layer it!!). Theres much better mascaras for a quarter of the price!! Avoid!

on 12/15/2012 11:50:00 AM

Good mascara that gives bold lashes, both in volume and length. Doesn't smudge or flake. HOWEVER - it's a nightmare to remove!!! I won't repurchase for that reason.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Ingredients:
Water (aqua), paraffin, polybutene, styrene/acrylates/ammonium methacrylate copolymer, beeswax (cera alba), bis-diglyceryl polycyladipate-2, c18-36 triglyceride, palmitic acid, stearic acid, triethanolamine, vp/eicosene copolymer, acacia senegal gum,hydroxyethylcellulose, phenoxyethanol, tetrasodium edta, butylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, sodium laureth-12 sulfate, glycerin, potassium sorbate, sericin, calcium chloride, sodium hyalluronate, tilia tomentosa bud extract, citric acid, bht, sorbic acid, iron oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499) ultramarines (CI77007), chromium oxide greens (CI77288) chromium hydroxide green (CI77289), titanium dioxide (CI77891)

Loving this product so far. Will add to the review once i get to use this for a couple of times more.

on 12/13/2012 8:52:00 PM

I see many reviews saying they should make a smaller tube because the tube is to big and it drys out yes it does that's why I buy the mini size for ten dollars rather then the big tube for twenty-seven dollars. I enjoy this mascara a lot it does not give me crunchy lashes which happens to me a lot with mascara. The wand is nice I use it on top and bottom lashes. I'm pretty sure it is my HG mascara it's the only one I have bought four tubes of. I see people saying oh the falseys does the something personally I hate all those mascara they do not work on me so this product truly is a hit or a miss and with me it is a hit.

EDIT:
After getting lash extensions I found this mascara does not work the same as it used to for me it causes my lashes to spider web and clump pretty bad it is sad because before I loved it maybe if I choose not to keep up with my lash extensions I will go back to this but for now it has gone to the mascara grave yard.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I got this in the mail today in sample size (sephora) and this mascara in my opinion, this is a total pain in the you-know-what to take off. It clumped my lashes, the formula is so wet and goopy.

Save your money on this one guys!

Video Reviews & Tutorials