July 31, 2014 | 1284 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by andreinabarthly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

With all mascaras it is about having a preference. Wether you want thick clumpy mascaras or, moisturizing more natural looking ones or ones that define each eyelash such as lancome's definicils. I would definitely compare this mascara to that one. It really defines each eyelash on a more precise level, with lengthening! You definitely should use a waterproof eye makeup remover for this. Overall I love this mascara!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by BlondeKat

I just purchased this a few days ago. It's not one of my personal favorites. It does make the lashes look longer but I did not notice that they looked fuller or darker like I was hoping. I really prefer dior or muf for mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Sambalina82

I LOVE THIS! at first I stabbed myself in the eye quite a lot and it hurt! And yes, it did clump but I've perfected my technique. I concentrate on one eye at a time, never reloading the brush, and go over my top lashes 3 or 4 times, combing up and sideways to give a "cats eyes" effect to my eyes. I've had quite a few compliments on this! If you don't want to blow nearly £19 on this, Avon's Supershock Max is a brilliant budget alternative although for me a little harder to work with

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by natalierae

amazing!!!!!!!! for someone who has short eyelashes with no curl.... this truly gave me falsh looking lashes with tons of curl...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by lisette23

Favorite!! Love this mascara, two coats and I am set for the whole day. Last all day long, through school, work and even working out! When I do wash my face, it does require more work but baby oil will fix that fast. My go-to mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by sarahhayes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so excited to buy this, but I was so disappointed...it is nothing special. My biggest issue with it is how difficult it is to remove. After washing my face, the mascara would clump up on my eyelashes and it would literally take me about 10 minutes to remove while using an oil-based product. I would also lose a few eyelashes in the process. No mascara needs to be THAT waterproof!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by RosieRawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

For the last year i've only used L'Oreal's Volume Million Lashes which is my all time favourite mascara because of the amazing volume and length it gives my lashes. I have tried other brands but none have had the desired effect I want.
I generally tend to love Benefit products but as they're on the pricey side I can rarely afford them, but when I heard about They're Real mascara I just had to try it!
I can honestly say I love this product, and that's coming from someone who's exceedingly fussy about mascara :P
I can reach all the little lashes in the inner and outer corners with the end of the brush head which has extra bristles on it and the volume/length it give my lashes is on par with my L'Oreal favourite.
The formula dries quickly and doesn't smudge or flake so I can wear it all day without worrying about getting panda eyes. The ONLY down side to this is the price as it's not very affordable for me as a student, but i'd rather splash out on a good mascara and have to eat beans for a week! :P

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by JadaLynne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this. :) I've gone through 2 full 'tubes' and 1 of the little sample sizes they had at sephora, the one's you could buy with your points or whatever.
I have quite long lashes already, but these make the curls stay ALLLL day, and it's easy to make them as dramatic as possible, and doesn't take a million coats to make them look great.

I love this, right now I feel like I'll be using this forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by lankika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

For a fairly pricey mascara, it performs well. It makes my long, naturally curly lashes even more luscious. And I donít even have to layer it with another mascara! It lengthens and thickens, and the brush makes it virtually clump-free. Itís perfect for those who like large mascara wands. Little mascara wands do nothing for my long lashes, and a curved brush is irritating for those with naturally curly lashes. The only downside is that it doesnít last very long. Within a month and half, the tube was already empty. And for $22 a pop, I wasnít going to buy another. So, I saved the brush and stuck it into the Stila Multi- Effect Mascara tube, since I hate Stilaís puny wand but like its formula.

So should you get it? Yes, if you can afford it! If not, similar effects can be achieved by layering drugstore mascaras like Prestige My Biggest Lashes, and Prestige My Blackest Lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by orangeblossom00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, so in my opinion this mascara is slightly expensive. However, I feel that most cosmetics are overpriced nowadays; I honestly think we, as the consumer, are paying more for the pretty packaging, so-called unique applicators, advertising, etc. Anyways, rant over! I really do like this mascara though. Within the first week I did not like this mascara at all. I thought the formula was waxy and weird and the applicator wasn't anything ridiculously fabulous. I am glad that I decided to hang on to this because after about a month the formula thickened a bit and was much better. Only trade off was that when the formula was a little waxier it was much easier to remove at night. Now that the formula is thicker it is MUCH more difficult removing. So difficult I have had to bring in an oil based product to remove what is left AFTER cleansing my face twice. I probably will repurchase this mascara after a little while, who knows. But yeah, it's nice just not crazy about the price.