Maybelline Fit Me Foundation

3.0

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 7%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone /- (CI 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 2/23/2011 8:20:00 PM

This foundation is amazing. I enjoy using this foundation a lot. The coverage is light to medium. Doesn't look cakey at all. It also blends like a breeze. I have been using this everyday since I bought it and that was around 2 weeks. I bought the shade 210 and it's a bit dark for me but I apply it lighty and its fine. Currently I'm between a NC25-NC30. I also bought the concealer and powder and I love all of it. I just wished that the foundation could last a bit longer, but I get about 6 hours of wear with it. Ovrrall great product.
And one last thing, a pump would be great!

on 2/23/2011 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

If you're looking for a heavier coverage foundation, don't purchase the FIT Me. I was under the impression that this was a heavier coverage foundation, so I had no problem paying the surprisingly inexpensive price (abut $6.50) to try this. I can't seem to find a foundation that suits me, so I try many, many different brands/shades. I had heard great things about this, but none of the reviews I had read prior to purchasing this gave me any indication that the coverage was so light. Okay, maybe not terribly light, but more light to medium. The smell was pleasant and the consistency was nice, but the coverage just didn't do much for me. I even tried to build it up, but it never seemed to get past medium coverage for me. The packaging is nice. I liked the glass bottle, smooth lines and black lid, but I really with it had a pump. Overall, this is a great light to medium coverage foundation, but if you need something heavier, like me, you should look elsewhere. I said I would buy this again, but that is with the intention of a lighter coverage.

on 2/22/2011 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I was sooooooo disappointed with this product! The commercial had me so amped so i RAN out and got it thinking it would be a great foundation to have around for days I needed minimal coverage and didnt wanna break out my best foundation. I put ot on around 7 a.m with my all over matte primer by Murad and by 10 am my face was all over the floor! Not even the best primers kept this product on my face! I have used other Maybelline foundations but this was the worst. Pros are that it blends really seamlessly but the staying power is not strong at all! NEXT!

on 2/22/2011 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I normally wear MAC foundation in NC-45, but sometimes it can get a little expensive. I was curious about this foundaation after seeing the print and tv ads and when I saw it at Walmart for less than $7, I was more than happy to try it. Now oftentimes as an African-American woman it is hard to find a foundation that doesn't give me an "ashy" or grey look to my skin. When I tried the Fit Me in 355 not only did it not leave a grey tint but it blended perfectly with my skin. The coverage is light however and I am not a big fan of liquid, but I like it and would definitely buy it again!

on 2/22/2011 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this foundation! I got it a few weeks ago, but I didn't want to review until I had tried it a few times. It's super soft when you apply it, very silky. Someone else on here reviewed it as being 'goof proof' when applying, & I agree. I accidentally put on WAY too much on my fingers, but I rubbed it on & you could not tell whatsoever that I had erm...caked it a bit that morning. I think this is the best I've had in terms of that, since even a few tinted moisturizers still left me cakey or dry :This stuff is great! My skin is dry, but not as much as some. I guess it's more combo than anything. Even with that it lasted really well. I actually wore it to the park, walking my dog with my friend, & I still looked great afterward. :)
As with a few Maybelline foundations, such as the dream mousse [the soft one, not the matte one], it left a bit slick feeling [which can be set with powder] but I think that it actually does break me out a small bit. Not huge pimples, just a few small bumps, the more annoying ones, but they aren't that bad nor really visible at all. I did take off a lippie for that, since I think it's all the silicones, but regardless I still really like this stuff :)

on 2/22/2011 4:09:00 PM

this foundation is pretty light weight,i suffer from chin acne and it seems to cover it for a couple hours until it starts to fade other than that i will buy it again cause it feels so light

on 2/22/2011 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am in my late 60's and have a few age spots. I found this to give very good coverage and seems to last all day on me. Of course, I have very dry skin so I wouldn't have the same problems as someone with oily skin. I imagine the true test will be in the summer months.

on 2/22/2011 12:30:00 PM

I've finally been able to find a foundation that isn't too pink for my yellow based nc30 skintone in the drugstore! Unfortunately, the shade i picked up, which is 220, is a bit dark for my skin at the moment. That's why I decided to go one shade lighter 210, however, i cannot tell the difference between these two shades at all. Did anyone else realize that 210 and 220 are almost the same shade?!
Anyway, this issue can be easily solved by applying a lighter setting powder on top so it's not a big problem for me.

Pros: no-makeup look, lightweight, good shade selection, dewy-looking, great for dry winter skin
Cons: weird flora scent, not long lasting on t-zone

Overall, it's a good foundation to use if you do not need much coverage and have dry/normal skin. It will not stay on your face for more than 3-4 hours if you have oily/combination skin. And I'm guessing that it would not be good for summer, when foundations can easily slip and melt off your face because of the heat. Personally, I find this foundation very good for my dry/combination skin during these winter months. Giving this a 4/5 for the amazing shade selection, packaging, spf, and comfortable wear.

If you are someone who prefers better coverage and staying power, I strongly recommend Revlon Colorstay or Almay TLC.

on 2/21/2011 7:24:00 PM

LOVE this stuff. First generic brand that matches my skin!! I bought both the liquid and the powder, and I'm so excited about it!! I'm super pale, and my shade is 110 (porcelain).
It's a light coverage, as is advertised, but it's enough pigment to even things out just right. Pictures up soon :)

Edit: Does not match PERFECTLY, but is close. I've found Covergirl's lightest shade matches better. Both break me out a little bit, but that's probably because I'm not removing all of my makeup at the end of the day.

on 2/21/2011 3:41:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Let me preface this review: I've only worn this product once on my face and it was for 5 hours.

Now onto the review:

I got this foundation on sale at a local supermarket for $3.24. I had seen it before but not in the lightest color 110, it looked light enough for me and neutral leaning a touch yellow which would be good for neutralizing redness. I went home and put this on in a very sheer layer with my fingers on one half of my face. I had washed my face the night before and moisturized as usual but had forgotten to wash my face in the morning so my skin was oilier then normal. Not only did this foundation match my skin tone very well but it looked like I wasn't wearing anything on my face at all but compared to my other side, it was about 40% more even toned, redness reduction, and less pores. It only covered my dark circles and acne scars by about 20%. I had a small patch of flakes on my nose but you could not tell at all from about 2 feet away. I had to get on the sink counter and stick my face about 6 inches from the mirror to see them. With most foundations if I have any flakes you can see them from a mile away! It didn't oxidize and stayed on fine until I washed. It felt moisturizing but it actually mattified my skin slightly compared to the other side. The swatch on my hand which I forgot about lasted for about 16 hours! My hands are pretty dry though and since I was not feeling well and in bed, I hadn't washed my hands at all but they did get wet while washing my face the night before. I would assume this will last much better on dry skin then normal or oily skin.

As far as the texture and coverage I would say this would be like a cross between prescriptives virtual skin, ga luminous silk, and future skin.

The only cons I see to this foundation are the scent and lack of the pump. I have no idea if this will break me out or if I can apply it in a different method for a little more coverage for the acne scaring.

EDIT: After a few weeks of solid use this gave me a pretty big rash of under the skin cysts. TOO BAD! I loved it til then!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Maybelline FIT ME Foundation & Concealer in 355 [Product Review] by DaintyBrownGirl

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: MAYBELLINE 360 FIT ME FOUNDATION REVIEW (MOCHA MOCHA) by sheisobsessed