April 21, 2014 | 924 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by judytu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this product over 2 yrs now & i love it!! works great i usually get N4 it matches perfect with my skin tone..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2009 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Zoey223

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's true that the formula tends to transfer off the skin, the color selection isn't that great, and the consistency is quite thin.

I found I can live with those issues by doing the following - using a good primer, spot applying only, following with powder to set, and blending 2 or more shades together to get the achieved result. I probably wouldn't have considered buying up 3 different shades, but with coupons and impulse drugstore shopping, I ended up with 3.

I'm not really bothered by the packaging - I shake the bottle, then dip my brush into the inner neck and use that tiny amount to apply. I like the shape and design of the bottle - with 3 of them lined up, it's a clean look and makes me WANT to put on make up.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2009 10:17:00 AM More reviews by earcmra

After several years of being unhappy with foundation, I finally found this one. N1 matches my skin perfectly. At the stores they usually have a little plastic card attached to the display. You are supposed to hold it a few inches away from your wrist and see which color "disappears." That worked for me! It applies quickly and drys to a nice finish quickly! I wish it was in a tube instead of a bottle, because the top of the bottle gets gooey. It has medium coverage--I add dots of concealer when needed.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by PlaysWithMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because Loreal True Match 1) has a wide variety of colors 2) it boasts that its blendable 3) its a drugstore brand, meaning its affordable.

I wasn't at all happy with the results. First, I purchased 3 colors (at different times, after negative results), cause I couldn't find one that matched me. I went to the Loreal Paris website and took their shade finder test and went to the store getting that color. Every color I tried ended up too dark. And I realized now I have a beige undertone, and at first couldn't differentiate if I was warm, neutral or cool. But all the help on the website or even the instore displays couldn't help me figure that out.

I bought the whole kit and caboodle each time - the foundation, the powder, and concealor. It was a waste of my money!

Despite that I always picked the wrong color, I was never pleased with the coverage. Maybe I have a heavy hand at applying it, but it seemed my skin couldn't breathe. Although the powder felt nice, it comes out darker than expected. The concealor is okay, I still use that till today cause I like the fluid texture and it provides the right amount of coverage for my undereye circles. I don't like the brush it comes with, so I just dot the concealor under my eyes and use my own concealor brush to spread it, then I pat it in with my finger.

Overall, maybe because after three times I still couldn't find a color that matches me, this has left me with such a bad experience. I'm just disappointed because I wasted money and with all the colors they have I couldn't find one that matched me.

I will stick with my Revlon ColorStay as that has always worked for me. It provides a great amount of coverage (light - medium, its a buildable foundation), it looks natural, and with my oily skin it keeps me covered all day long. Love the Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder too, I use that to set my foundation and I don't have to touch up the rest of the day. Just use blotting papers (once! during the day. Thats how good it is) to remove any oil/shine that built up during the day; but never have to touch up again.

Loreal, I love your products but your foundation, esp True Match, was a disappointment IMO.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2009 1:19:00 AM More reviews by hellodots

Overall this is a good foundation. It evens out my skin and gives it a nice finish. A little goes a long way. It is a lot more natural than most other foundations and doesn't have a funky smell like others.

I would recommend getting a shade that is slightly lighter than your skintone. . . that way it looks fresh and dewy and not orangey. Works for me. And this blends in really well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by kassandraamelaniiee

First liquid foundation i owned.

I used up half the bottle before i got my mac mineralized satinfinish. to be honest, sometimes i prefer this to the satinfinish, because it turns me orange more often than this does. it takes a bit to blend though, so sometimes, i get too much, and its too hard to blend out, even out, without looking really cakey. (i dont have the pump one) it also is a little yellow for me. (i fit somewhere between w3-4) so yeah..

Oh, and its water resistant. you'll NEED to have a cleanser with makeup remover in it, or use makeup remover for it. BUT, it rubs off VERY easily.><;

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2009 4:20:00 AM More reviews by Lauren21

overall i didn't like this product at all. it was hard to find a correct match and ended up buying two and having to blend them together. the Warn shades were definitely too warm and made my skin look too orangey. the cool shades were too pink and i found the neutral shades to be either too warm or too pink. very weird. also in the foundation are little shimmer reflects that i diidn't like. i would much rather wear a matte no shimmer foundation. after applying it to the face, it felt a bit heavy and weird texture. no pump so hard to get the product out of the bottle. the product also contains titanium dioxide so made my face look pasty and white in pictures! not good. not impressed. only impressed with the idea of trying to have matching foundations with pressed powders.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by kimnn16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i guess my decision to buy this again would remain undecided.

when i was in 9th grade i had hardly any acne and i remember it covering up pretty well, matched good and everything.fast forward to 12th grade and i decided to repurchase. in the beginning i thought it was the foundation that was causing my acne to go away(no changes in skincare regime which is what caused me to believe that). i don't know if its my "woman time" thats causing me to break out again or if its because of this product. (i've been using it well over a month now). once i'll run out i'll completely stop and see if it was the foundation. another complaint i have is that the color match is horrible. i thought it was suitable at first until my friend(a guy!) even pointed out that the foundation was turning orange-ish. and you know us girls hate when our foundation turns orange! i don't stand alone on this either, 2 of my other friends who use this foundation have the same problem! i was even thinking of trying a lighter color than the one i currently use.(which is w4).

i guess the only thing good to say is that it covers up well and even that is sometimes. i don't like the packaging very much either if you don't take your time closing the cap, the foundation will overlap and cake everywhere. disgusting. if it were a squeeze type or pump, it'd be better.

most likely will re edit. no repurchase at the moment.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by lilmurph

I really like this foundation! I mix it with my moisturizer to make a nice tint for when I want light coverage. Its great, goes on smooth and stays.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2009 1:44:00 AM More reviews by thekeeg

This is one of the few foundations that is light enough for my skin (I use N1, Soft Ivory - Alabaster was actually a tag TOO light for me!). It does not provide quite enough coverage and does not have a strong staying power but the fact that it matches well is pretty important! I carry it in my purse for touching up. It is my favorite low end foundation.