November 23, 2014 | 1051 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by misscayanxoxo

This product works great for me, I was just starting out with foundation. And this blends nicely with hands and or a brush. The coverage is decent, it covers all my lines and most of my redness. The color selection is wonderful. I would continue buying this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by adara260

Updated true rating: 4.4/5.0

Now that I've faded my tan with dedicated staying out of the sun, repeated sunscreen application I am finding it hard to find a foundation shade that matches. The problem is that the pigments, even in the W warm shades, are very beige y. That might not be a hindrance to you but as a "complex" shaded Asian, LOL, its hard to find a foundation shade. I think that is why a lot of people are saying this foundation turns orange, it doesn't the beige tones just come out more throughout the day. Maybe the pigments aren't great quality?

I've switched to Revlon's Colorstay which is amazing but I'm waiting a full month before I do a review.

Overall this true match foundation is smooth, really blendable, and has great ingredients in it from the company website info. It is a shame that I can't find a shade that matches my winter skin. I think I will try again sometime in the future.

I decided to try this product on a whim. I saw it at Walmart for 7.50 and I had a 2.00 coupon so for 5.50 why not right?

For reference I am Asian with combo skin. I have a tendency to break out so I always go oil free which this product is. I have been strictly using Bare Escentuals for the past two years but I was fed up with that because it wasn't a good color match even with mixing etc. I have tried Shishedo, Covergirl, Bare Escentuals, Sue Divett, Becca, Lorac and I think that's it.

I like this foundation a lot. For an oil free foundation it has great coverage, and isn't runny. I personally like the finish. Its powdery without being dry. I didn't find that it changed color through the normal day. It might have darkened a little but that's after running on the treadmill for an hour, which you shouldn't do with makeup on anyways. The staying power isn't perfect so you might have to put a setting powder (which I have to do most of the time because of the oilies.) It's cold where I am right now so this might be my winter time foundation.

To sum up: It stays very decently, blends nicely, color matches very very nicely, might need a concealer depending on what you are covering, didn't break me out, is not 100% stay proof but doesn't say it is and the bottle isn't too much of a pain without a pump.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by candyrivera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I'm really liking this foundation. I don't have bad skin (thankfully) or too many freckles etc. so this foundation is great for me. It's a light to light/medium coverage and really does match my skin tone which is wonderful. It covers the redness I sometimes get around my nose and third eye. It also covered my light freckles on my nose and some mild scars. It didn't feel heavy or have a bad oder. It lasted me the whole day so that was surprising and nice. I did set it with powder so that might of helped the staying power. I'm not much of a fan of heavy foundations unless being photographed so this is my new foundation. I hasn't made me break out yet which is great! Over all I think this is a really good foundation as long as your not looking for full coverage. This is a great casual foundation! I will be repurchasing .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Cutekitti

I like this product as it L'oreal made it very easy to match my skin tone with their handy charts. Its a nice light to medium cover foundation and belnds perfectly with my light warm undertoned skin. It does settle in my creases a bit (around my eyes) and doesnt come out as a flawless finish when set with powder. However I still like it and will continue to use it on days I feel I need a little extra coverage

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Saga17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A wonderful foundation! It covers very well and evenly (especially when applying with fingers) and the color range is awesome! I do have a concern.. I seems to go on so "evenly" that it seems to clog my pores. I haven't broken out yet but if I start to then I'll know who to blame...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by venteux

I really wanted to try this even though it got such bad reviews. I took a chance anyway, since everyone's skin is different, and I'm glad I did! I love the texture and coverage of this. My skin looks flawless, and the colour match is exact. I haven't had any breakouts or irritations from this, and everything usually breaks me out. I've only been using it for a week so far and my fingers are crossed that it doesn't break me out! I'll update if it does. But so far, I love this foundation. For reference I'm an NC35 and I use W4. (I took off one lippie for the bottle packaging - it's cute, but I wish there was a pump)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by venteux

I really wanted to try this even though it got such bad reviews. I took a chance anyway, since everyone's skin is different, and I'm glad I did! I love the texture and coverage of this. My skin looks flawless, and the colour match is exact. I haven't had any breakouts or irritations from this, and everything usually breaks me out. I've only been using it for a week so far and my fingers are crossed that it doesn't break me out! I'll update if it does. But so far, I love this foundation. For reference I'm an NC35 and I use W4. (I took off one lippie for the bottle packaging - it's cute, but I wish there was a pump.)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2009 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Anna1985

I have always used powders and tried to stay away from foundations (since I felt they were so heavy or obvious) but recently my skin was looking dull so I tried this foundation while on holiday. I purchased this in porcelain, which is the lightest shade in the warm family, and I am very happy with it. Not only does my skin look flawless but I feel this is very natural looking as well. I have very fair yet yellow skin which is hard to match but this foundation does a wonderful job of blending into my face and giving me a nice luminous complexion. The only negative is that I find for me it will emphasize dry spots, however for me this is not really a problem since I have more oily/combination skin. I also like the size and simplicity of the bottle -- lovely product.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by ashmelee

I bought this at the drugstore on a whim after hearing a lot of good things about it. I'm a fan of L'Oreal anyway, especially their HiP products. I liked the fact that they had a wide range of colors to choose from and that the formula didn't seem to break me out at all (which is amazing, considering my skin is so sensitive that nearly everything can break me out), but that's about it. There isn't much coverage to this foundation and it seems to rub/wipe off way too easily--I even used a primer and powder to set the makeup, but I barely touched my chin an hour later and it completely rubbed off, leaving an uneven, uncovered splotchy area. It also doesn't seem to last very long throughout the day. I will use this until I run out, but I won't repurchase. It's such a shame, though--I finally found a foundation that perfectly matches my skin but doesn't work like other foundations.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by misszvonn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Well I'm going to start off by saying true match is a good name for this foundation. I have such a hard time finding foundations that match my skin because I have very yellow undertones. I really was in love with it that is until mayb 2-3 weeks after I was using it and I noticed I was getting tons of pimples on my face and they hurt. And I never really get pimples mayb one or two but I have red spots on my cheeks(not related to the foundation) but this foundation jus broke me out all over my face and I was super mad. But now that I have stopped using it my skin is returning to its normal combo state its clearing up but I'm still searching for a facial cleanser to keep it that way. So if you are looking for a good match buy this because they have tons of shades but if you don't want to risk breaking out I wouldn't suggest it.