September 17, 2014 | 1796 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by bebejlovexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the worst foundation I have ever tried for my dry skin. While the color match and packaging were fine, it was just too drying for my skin. It was very cakey looking on me. I'm sure it would be better for people with oily skin. I'm giving this product a 2 and not a 1 because while it was horrible looking on me, it did not break out my dry acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by xjennlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is definitely one of my favorite foundations. I used to use MAC Mineralize Skinfinish all the time, but I sometimes found it a bit too thick for an everyday foundation. I recently bought this for around $11 and I really love it. It blends so easily and covers my blemishes perfectly without any concealer. It did take me a while to find my shade, but I eventually did (I use Buff Beige; NC30-40). I haven't broken out or anything since I've used this so I will definitely be using this from now on.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by cereslyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you have dry skin. Stay away from this foundation. It showed patchy-ness and it sunk into my fine lines. The coverage wasn't that great either, by the end of the day, my skin went back to normal. This product might be good for some, but if you have dry and fair skin like me, please just stay away from this foundation. I really don't recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Ayuli

I picked the foundation closest to my shade using the color swatch, expecting it to match my skin tone (n4) and it came out really orange after less than an hour ! I thought it made my skin kind of dewy looking at first, but under the sun, my face looked really shiny, like I was sweating a lot from my face or something! It feels a little greasy upon application, but I guess it had a decent coverage and can double up as concealer. I tried 2 different colors, and both were too orange for me, making me look really weird since I'm kind of pale and have yellow undertones. If the colors weren't so off, it'd be decent.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by bellamelly

I've been on the hunt for a foundation that matches my pale, slightly yellow-toned skin. I've tried everything - and I mean *everything* - high end, and drug store. True Match in W1 is the first that really isn't too dark or too pink. The finish, in my opinion, is neither to dewy or too matte. It gives me a subtle glow and feels soft and lovely and doesn't seem to be slipping into pores or lines. Coverage is excellent and seems to layer well. I agree the bottle could be more elegant, though it is nice and compact. At this price (I got this on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart for under $12!), I'm not going to complain.

Edit: I am noticing that it is giving me a patchy look over dry spots - unforgiving and taking too much time to blend when I'm in a hurry. Won't be using this in winter months as my skin gets drier.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2009 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Yum3ji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

MY THOUGHTS: I can't believe there was ever a point that I used this foundation (note: my only experience is with the original formulation). Even the lightest shade appeared orange on my face. Meanwhile, there was barely any coverage to even out my skin tone, let alone the dark circles around my eyes. After using MAC and mineral makeup, I won't ever switch back. This product would be better off for those with naturally perfect skin, e.g. no need for coverage.

PAULA BEGOUN: Excellent (Paula's Pick!). True Match Super Blendable Makeup SPF 17 ($9.99) is L'Oreals best foundation for normal to very oily skin. The fluid, silky formula feels almost weightless on skin and blends superbly, setting to a natural matte finish that is translucent enough to let your skin show through, while still providing light coverage that diffuses minor flaws and redness. The original version of this foundation did not include sunscreen, but L'Oreal wisely added one with the sole active being titanium dioxide. Now True Match Super Blendable Makeup is an even better choice for those with oily skin. The palette of 24 shades is not only one of the largest shade selections for a single drugstore foundation, but also, for the first time, L'Oreal's shades take a strong cue from Lancome's typically superior selection of neutral colors. Almost all of the shades are excellent, and they cover a wide range of skin tones from porcelain to deep tan. The only shades to avoid are Natural Ivory C2 and Classic Beige C5 (both too pink), and Tawny Beige C6 (too peach).

The only drawback to this foundation is its drier finish. Although it does a good job of reducing oily shine and keeping skin looking polished, it tends to emphasize the slightest bit of dry skin, and can also make lines around the eye look more apparent. If you have dry areas or visible lines around the eye, it is imperative that you smooth and hydrate these areas before applying this foundation. An emollient moisturizer lightly applied around the eyes and regular use of an effective topical exfoliant should minimize this problem and make working with this foundation a better experience. Note: This foundation contains subtle shimmer particles that impart a barely perceptible shine to the skin. The particles are so small you have to look very closely to see them in daylight, but it's worth mentioning for those who wish to avoid any type of shimmer in their makeup. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by ThreeAngels3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For a drugstore foundation it comes in a wide variety of shades, so I was able to find the perfect match for my complexion. It goes on smoothly and evenly and feels like silk. Unlike most foundations it does not feel heavy at all; in fact, it's so lightweight that it doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything more than a light moisturizer, yet it covers beautifully. My only issue with this product is that I have oily skin and it does nothing to control shine. L'Oreal Infallible is a notch above this and tends to be longer-wearing as well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I will never use again, regardless that it is inexpensive. I have tried A LOT of foundations during my time, and if one does not work after a few try's, I return it! This is my face we are talking about. This product did not give enough coverage, even paired with powder. It left me feeling greasy, made me break out, and the color was hard to match...always too pinkish for my yellow undertones. Pass.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2009 11:43:00 AM More reviews by MissLuuucy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

i love this!! i got the mineral powder as well, so i use this and then finish off with the powder for complete perfection. i really love this, a little bit goes a long long way. the coverage is great! and i got the shade really close to my skin tone! i would completely recommend this. i love it. thumbs up! :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation for my oily skin. It provides medium coverage, blends well, matches my skin colour and tone perfectly, and doesn't fade away too quickly. (This is a lot to ask of a drug store foundation!) I've tried many foundations over the years, and this is one product I'll stick with! (Didn't rate it a 5 because the packaging could be better- should have a pump.)