L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 1/17/2010 7:04:00 PM

I used this in various shades (finally discovered that W1, the palest shade, works best for my color-neutral lily-white skin) for YEARS and then kicked it to the curb in favor of MAC foundations. After using one and a half bottles of Studio Fix and one tube of Studio Sculpt, I have found that I want to go back to my $10 a bottle drugstore mainstay. MAC's lightest shade is too yellow for me and even with the most expensive and best face primer on the market, I still look masky.

I had been looking at $40 and $50 foundations that offered lighter shades in hopes that maybe if I paid even MORE, I might be able to get something that really was HG for me. Then, I was going through my makeup, and I had a two half used bottles of L'Oreal True Match left from when I made the switch to MAC. One was N1, the other was W1.

I applied the W1 over primer with a MAC foundation brush and set it with loose powder and I never looked better. I really did not look masky. Even under hideously unflattering fluorescent lighting, there was no change in the color of my face and my neck.

I am somewhat relieved that I found what I have always been looking for, but it is so amusing that it had been in my makeup drawer all along. I give this only 4 stars because even with a primer, it gets a tiny bit shiny before my MAC foundation does. I don't like having to run around with a brush and powder and re-powder my face every 4 or 5 hours. But the color match aspect of this outweighs that small con.

HINT: Foundation not working for you? Try a face primer first. Really. I just started using one after wearing foundation for 6 years and it makes everything so much better.

on 1/15/2010 5:43:00 PM

Maybe it's a coincidence, but within one week of using this product I developed the worst cyst I've ever experienced in my life! Breakouts were actually infrequent for me. I recognize however that other variables may be responsible, so I don't want to wrongfully accuse this foundation.
Coverage was good, but it didn't seem to wear well after 4-5 hours. I'm not impressed enough w/it to risk another breakout!

on 1/15/2010 4:12:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this product in a drugstore and it's great, I didn't expect this from a product that's from the drugstore. A couple of pros and cons for everyone who needs the extra push :)

Pros:
- It's very blendable.
- Lovely selection to choose from.
- Doesn't feel "cakey".
- Lasts long enough, if you don't use a lot.

Cons:
- The packaging is a little on the bad side for some people, i don't find this that irritating. Be careful if you have a cat, might knock it over, hehe.
- Doesn't cover my bags all the way :( That's just me, but yeah. I have bad bags so i have to use a concealer too.

I will use this product over and over as it does not make me break out nor does it cost too much. Plus, i don't have to wait for it to come in the mail, yay! If you don't have access to shopping online then this is something you should be trying out.

on 1/14/2010 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

So I realized lately the difference between "warm" and "cool" skin tone shades. I'm fair but I'm neutral-warm. I've never had a foundation match me like this one (and this one is perfect). I finally settled on N2 Classic Ivory. I've used revlon, Dior, Bare Minerals and none could match or they felt heavy on my face. My skin is on the oily side and this is great in making sure I don't get oily.

It has a light to medium coverage and it just makes my skin GLOW. Although I do not have acne anymore (thank God), I still have some slight PIH and although the foundation doesn't cover them 100% (but nothing has, frankly), it still does a good job in making them appear far less noticeable and like I said, just makes my overall skin tone glow.

I love this foundation and will buy again and again. I did take a lippie off though because I don't like the packaging. I wish it had pump instead, but oh well :)

on 1/14/2010 2:52:00 PM

I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. Being very, very pale skinned, I have the hardest time finding any foundation that matches my skin. I'm not that picky! Everything I try is either way too yellow or has a weird pink color that looks more like Pepto than makeup.

Anyway, I tried this formula in the N1 and was thrilled that it actually matched my skin! On top of being a great color match, it blended very well and did not have any glittery sparkles or a strong smell at all. HOWEVER, the coverage is very, very, very sheer. (And no, layering with an extra application did not help.) If your skin is darn near perfect, then this is the foundation for you. If you have a few areas of light sun damage like I do, then this is not going to do much for you.

Overall, I think it is a great foundation but the coverage is way too sheer for my face. The whole Cool, Warm, Neutral concept is awesome ... I just wish they had some more foundation formulas of varying coverage ranges to choose from. I won't be purchasing again, but I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying it as long as they keep in mind how very, very, very sheer it is.

on 1/14/2010 10:53:00 AM

Oh i wanted to love this after seeing so many great reviews, so I though I'd try it out. But I just can't.

Yes, this makeup is super-blendable. You barely really need any to cover your face, it really goes a long way, so that is a pro. However the bottle for such a thin foundation is ridiculous, its really hard to no pour out way too much (I pour a little out on the back of my hand and apply with a brush or my hand). There should be a pump, or at least a more narrow opening. I do like the colour selection offered, its not often I manage to find foundation that really matches me well, but I have here, which is why I really wished this product worked for me. I thought it did at first, but this foundation is 'deceptive'. When it first goes on it looks great, medium coverage, doesn't feel heavy and gives you a nice polished look. However within two hours I can see every single tiny flake on my face, its terrible. I don't even have dry skin! If anything I'm on the oilier side, but I look like I've failed to exfoliate for years with this stuff on (this happens even when i do exfoliate before using...). I haven't had a problem like this with my Revlon Colourstay, which I will be returning to.

I was hoping to use this as a slightly lighter foundation to give my skin a break, but I'm going to have to keep looking. Will not be purchasing again.

on 1/13/2010 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

meeee.
this foundation has like glitter in it.
didnt like the finish, too cakey. and the texture is weird like powder
packaging sucks

on 1/13/2010 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I received this as a swap, so I wasn't put out by the price, which is pretty low anyway, so I was less disappointed than usual when it didn't work out.

If you need to get a foundation in a pinch and just need something inexpensive from the drugstore, you could do a lot worse. But this isn't HG material for me. I would not buy it again, unless I had limited choices, and I think Revlon has better options at the drugstore, although they are a little pricier.

This covers the basics. It is a fairly good color match for me at N1 (I range from NC15 to 20 depending on how much sun I am missing, esp. in the Winter) and this was not too dark or too yellow. I think the color choices are pretty good for this. With a primer (I use Smashbox) it went on very smoothly and evenly. I would describe the coverage as medium with a semi-matte finish. Not mask like at all. Did not last very long for me.

I am a spoiled girl, I want foundations that can go the distance and not need touch ups all day. So I really prefer the Colorstay or Photoready by Revlon.

I did not have a problem with this breaking me out or settling in my pores, and my skin is sensitive, but not especially break out prone.

So, this is a decent, basic medium coverage drug store foundation with semi-matte finish that doesn't really last very long, esp. in my oily areas. For the price, I can't really knock it. But there are better options out there, even in drug store land.

I do not like the bottle, it should have a pump. But, I already mentioned I am a spoiled girl.

on 1/13/2010 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff! I'm Dita Von Teese pale; I'd give Casper a run for his money. I don't have pink undertones, and it's been nearly impossible for me to find a foundation that's doesn't make me pink or orange.

I tried this stuff originally in C1 and I stopped using it because I was pink. Tried it again in N1, once again, too dark, stopped using it. Finally, I found W1. Surprisingly, it's the palest shade and no nasty undertones.

It can be thick and cakey if you don't apply it correctly; I'd recommend using your fingers instead of a brush and applying in small amounts until you get the desired amount of coverage.

With this, I've been getting comments on my "beautiful porcelain skin" rather than my skin disease, or makeup. It's been great.

on 1/12/2010 10:36:00 PM

This is my go-to foundation. True to its name, it really is "super blendable." I use 5W and it only takes some light blending for the foundation to disappear into my skin. I don't mind that the bottle does not have a pump. I apply it by covering my finger over the entire opening of the bottle then tip the bottle over and dab the amount that gets onto my fingers on. That is usually enough. My skin is normal-to-oily in summer and normal-to-dry in winter. Nonetheless, this foundation works for me all year. I also love that it has sunscreen (SPF 17).

Video Reviews & Tutorials