September 15, 2014 | 870 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2009 1:17:00 PM More reviews by ladygarcia26

i bought this product a big lots for 1.oo very great. i have it in glam brown. its a more softer look. it make my lashes fuller and longer

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by botticellibabe

I like this mascara :) Gives nice volume. But it gave me clumps in the beginning, and I decided I liked CG LashBlast a little more. But if you use a defintion mascara beforehand, you can get great eyelashes! Although I returned it and purchased LashBlast instead, I am almost positive that I will be repurchasing in the future! So yes...I liked LashBlast a little more...but just a little ;) I would definitely recommend this!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2009 3:44:00 PM More reviews by MW16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought i would try this product due to the hype of it. I thought the consistency was ok but i hated the brush as it is to big to coat my lower lashes. Although it did give a nice effect it didn't volumise as i wanted it to and i didn't want add coat after coat. but over all a good product which will not break the bank and i love the packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2009 12:21:00 PM More reviews by micholc

I purchased this because I liked the volume express, so I thought this would be even thicker. It goes on ok but dries out quickly. My complaint is that it starts flaking right away. I didn't really pay attention to the smell, I was just watching how it went on.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by jobarbie

This is an okay mascara. It was definitely cheap - 2 for $6.99 at Target. I have it in the regular Glam Black. The black color is really dark and nice, but the mascara formulation is ehh. It definitely volumizes and lengthens but only to some degree. However, it doesnt hold my curl at ALL which sucks :( And thats what I'm really looking for in a mascara. Also, it has a funky smell, but I can deal with it. I know some people find the smell horrific, but I say its okaay. Overall, average mascara. Won't buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2009 9:23:00 AM More reviews by BreannaT

I am a mascara addict. I have tried almost all of them. So this mascara wasn't super great, but it was an ok mascara. It stays on well and does a decent job volumizing. So not one of my top fav's ...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by l00kalivex1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

love this stuff. use it everyday - glam black for going out, and brown for everyday. the brown is really nice for a natural look. i have pretty short, straight thin lashes but this mascara really opens me eyes up and is worth the price. i don't know how it fares on double coats though because i only ever use one (it's that good in my opinion)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by emmit643

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like to buy a lot of different mascaras to try. This one was alright. It made my lashes look pretty nice, good volume, good blackness.

The bristle quality is alright, however, as more and more companies switch to the rubbery bristles/plastic applicators I'm liking these old types of bristles less and less.

The one thing I couldn't get past was the odd bread/yeasty smell coming from the tube. It's not past the expiry date...it just smells weird.

I wouldn't buy this again because I like too many other mascaras more than this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2009 11:59:00 AM More reviews by perfectflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I liked this, It makes them thicker and a bit longer, I already have nice lashes so I use it to darken them. It smells like roses which is also nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2009 11:51:00 AM More reviews by lilbios

My First "real" mascara. By "real" i mean the first one i use everyday.
I own this in Glam Black, which unlike the usual Black, it has a little shimmer.

Pros:
- Bold packaging
- Darkens lashes
- Lengthens and volumizes
- No clumps if applied properly
- Buildable
- Pretty good for the price

Cons:
- Brush IS a little on the big side
- Flakes after a couple coats

Overall above average for the price, i wouldn't say i would buy it again just beause i already own two and i like experimenting with new things.