Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 1/11/2010 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

I have medium length, naturally curled lashes that I always want to give as much volume as possible. I have tried a lot of mascaras out there and so far this is one of my favorites. This formula thickens, lengthens and separates my lashes in one coat. It builds really well, so if I want to do 2 or 3 coats it doesn't clump. It doesn't flake on me either. The brush is really big, but I don't have a problem with it getting on my lid. The formula also doesn't smear under my eyes (which has been a problem for me with a lot of other mascaras).
I usually buy this when it's on buy one get one free and then use a coupon, so it's pretty cheap. It does dry out relatively quickly, so I replace every 2 months. The only drawback for me was the scent, but it goes away quickly and i'm used to it now, and i'm pretty sensitive to smells. Overall love this!

on 1/10/2010 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I was wary of trying this mascara after all the bad reviews that i had read on here about it, but i decided to purchase it and turns out it is a very good mascara!
Yeah its a big brush but it works, it gave my eyelashes heaps more volume and length. I did put on more than one coat though as i like the full eyelash effect.
I have not noticed the smell, but I'm not one to smell mascara before i put it on.
I would recommend this mascara if you want more volume and length, i would purchase this mascara again.

on 1/10/2010 6:12:00 PM

This is an amazing Mascara, people commented how nice my eyes looked the first day I wore it. The brush may be a little too big as it kept getting on my skin. But it is a great product, I'll defiantly buy again. :)

on 1/10/2010 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is clumpy, and theres always a huge clump at the end of the brush. Has an ok brush, nothing great. I also find this has a funky smell to it. Used it a few times and everytime ended up with it flaking all over my face by the end of the night. Even got in my contact. Very cheap price though! I like lash blash better for cheapie mascara.

on 1/10/2010 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

First off.... the scent is not supposed to smell like roses. They aren't intending to do so. The scent is the collagen in the mascara which gives the plumpness

Price is getting ridiculous. Drugstore makeup used to be cheap but now they're raising the prices for some reason. I mean 7 or 8 dollars? Crazy

The only thing i don't like is how fast it dries up thanks to the collagen but when you first open the mascara it doesn't work as well as after a few days. Idk, that's kinda weird. I guess it just works better when it's dried up a little. But it does flake after 7 or 8 hours. I've been through quite a few tubes of this but the waterproof version doesn't work at all!

This works AMAZINGLY with Lash Blast applied first then Colossal or apply Colossal first then MUFE Smoky Lash!

I will buy again over and overrrrr

on 1/10/2010 1:29:00 PM

I love this mascara, it's cheap and gets the job done! It says on the package to not apply more than one coat, so I would advise against that. But really, you don't need more than 1 coat with this. There are probaly better mascaras out there if you can afford to pay a whole day's salary for it, however I cannot and this works fine :)

surprisingly good product, especially for the price. it makes my lashes look good. the only complaint i have is the brush. i prefer the rubber brushes and this one is the bristle ones. but other than that, it gives as good of lashes as my lash blast (my favorite).

on 1/8/2010 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I surprisingly like this product. Works just as well as the more expensive department store brands, but the price is much better.

It does seem to flake a bit by the end of the day, but the volume and look is way worth it.

on 1/8/2010 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I never thought I'd be writing a 5 lippie review about a Maybelline mascara. Every single one I've tried has smeared underneath my eyes, and that is one thing I absolutely cannot stand in a mascara.

Anyway, The Colossal is giving my HG, CG Super Thick Lash, a run for its money. It gives great volume, but also adds some length as well. The wand is chubby but workable. It doesn't smear. And it's easy to take off at night.

The only thing weird about this mascara is its super strong fake rose smell, like cheap soap or something. It doesn't bother me as I only notice it when I first open the tube, but if you're sensitive to smells I'd steer clear.

Update 2/9/2010: After being open for a couple of weeks, this mascara starts flaking really badly. Really big chunks under the eye that are difficult to wipe away. Taking off 2 lippies.

on 1/8/2010 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is the one of the best drug store mascara that I have ever used. I use this as my everyday go-to mascara. I like the volume that it gives my lashes but it's nothing dramatic. I took two lippies off because it smudges on me.