Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this mascara. I got it in Glam Black/Blackest Black for just under $19AUD at Priceline and it's gorgeous. The colour is long lasting and I wore it all day with no flaking whatsoever. It gave my lashes so much volume and separated every lash, when I put it on I was like "Woah! I didn't know I had that many lashes!" Since my eyelashes are naturally black, it gave them a bit of oomph and gloss colour-wise and an intense amount of volume/length. Highly recommended!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Well, I bought this mascara because it was on sale for $5 at a local drug store and a friend of mine said she liked it. I tried it out tonight for the first time and I have to say that if you are a one-coat only kind of gal, this mascara is NOT for you. Sorry for the very long review that follows...

I applied my first coat and was VERY unimpressed by this product, the only difference it made to my lashes after the first coat was the appearance of more separate/defined lashes. But in one coat, there was certainly nothing amazing about the length or the volume that the mascara provided. So I applied a second coat and the look started to improve, the lashes looked a little bit longer but still nothing to write home about.

Finally, I applied a THIRD coat and at this point the mascara transformed the length of my lashes. They looked incredibly long after three coats, however, I still don't feel it did much for volume. I have naturally thick lashes so I didn' tn notice a difference, but the length was fabulous. I wore it for a few hours and it did flake, but not to the point where it made it look like there was dirt under my eyes. The flakes were small/minimal at worst.

I'm giving this mascara a rating of 3 but only because of the astonishing length it gave my lashes but that is at the "cost" of three coats being applied, which of course means you will go through this product faster because it takes that much more product to achieve the look you want. For a mascara that claims to give "colossal volume", I am very disappointed in that regard. When it comes to this mascara, I feel like you get what you pay for. It's decent but there are better products out there than this imo.

I thought I loved this mascara. It lengthens, volumizes, and makes my lashes look better and opens up my eye. BUT after it's been on for a few hours it flakes off and leaves these black flakies under my eyes. IMO, that is a deal breaker. I wanted to love it but can't deal with the stuff that falls off of it. My 3-year-old son said "mommy has dirt on her eyes" ha ha ha!!! New mascara please?

I love the regular volume express so I thought, this has got to be even better! Well, I was sadly disappointed with this mascara. I used it and it just seemed to clump my lashes. I tried again and again to see if maybe if I used it lightly it would be different, but there isn't any using of this product lightly. It just isn't made for that I guess b/c I just kept getting spider lashes that were hard and crunchy. I think I'll stick w/ the original.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First I have to say that when buying mascaras I look for 3 things: 1 - it can't flake off, 2 - it can't leave black smudgies under my eyes, 3 - it can't be clumpy (this mostly has to do with the brush). This mascara didn't seem to flake off, however, the brush totally sucked - left giant clumps & didn't separate at all. Also, after only a couple hours it left black smudgies that made me look like I had dark baggies under my eyes. Yuck, will not repurchase.

I got this at Walgreens for 40% off. It's good! I love it, I have to say. The formula thickens my Asian lashes really well, and my lashes look really full after just one coat. It's quite good at lengthening. As for curling - my lashes are naturally curled (surprisingly?), and applying this mascara doesn't weigh them down and make them straight. Overall, I definitely like this a lot.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is an average everyday mascara, i've been using it for a few months on and off and here's what i think:

It gives me good volume but sucks at lengthning.

I find that it's one of those few mascaras that does not clump my lashes together which is fantastic.

I don't like the fact that it doesn't hold my curled eyelashes properly. I always end up curling my lashes again after using this, which is annoying because most of the time i end up pulling out a couple of lashes.

All in all Clossal Volume express is an OKAY mascara...Nothing exciting, probably wouldn't buy again. Next on my list - Covergirl lash blast!

looks great on my lashes but it makes my flipping eyes itchhhhhh!!! especially when u tear up too- it makes it worse. then there is the smell, it has this weird smell thats not to pleasing. i think ima stick to the COVER GIRL LASH BLAST. thats the best.

i have long and straight asian lashes. when i curl them and don't apply anything, they usually stay curled all day and all night, but with this mascara they come right back down. i curl my lashes and immediately tried putting this mascara on, but with only one coat my lashes immediately went straight again. i really wanted to enjoy this mascara because i bought it in a pack of two. i got the glam black which is a nice dark shade, but it made my lashes look horrible! they clumped into groups and looked like sticks! i separated them with a metal lash comb, but the ends of my lashes were incredibly thick and unflattering. it also has a rose scent that i'm not a fan of, but it's not too terrible if your nose isn't too sensitive. overall, i had high hopes, but it didn't work out for my lashes. if you are curious i encourage you to try it! (just don't buy it in packs of two like i did ahah)

UPDATE
i found the other tube of this recently and found that once it has dried a bit, the mascara is quite nice. it gives good volume and length. only if this mascara was like this when it is brand new! but i find a lot of the volumizing mascaras can be a bit heavy at first but once it dries a bit it does not clump anymore. (the smell is still there!)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have this in glam brown and let me just say it is an amazing mascara. There are only 2 cons for me and one is the funny rose scent but thank goodness is goes away after it dries. The next con is that it can get a little clumpy and takes some time to apply. This is not my everyday mascara but I will definitely pull it out when i have some extra time and want to go out. It creates length and volume and holds curl well for me. Also the brown color is a dark brown which is perfect for me as black tends to be a little harsh on my pale skin with light eyes and hair. I love the fact that the brown is actually dark enough, in many brown mascaras the browns are just too light. A Definite repurchase.

Popular Mascaras