July 22, 2014 | 1102 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2003 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Kaalexa

I used this product a while ago. Everybody was saying it was the greatest so I REALLY wanted it to work for me. Nedless to say with my tendency to break out, this did NOT work at all. Did not like the texture, felt super greasy and it made me break out. Tried the oil absorbing moisturizer after it came out, and except for better texture it was also a bust.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2003 1:08:00 AM More reviews by vandyz

I have a very dry skin between my eyebrows and on the side of my nose. I have tried so many products, I put on Estee Night Repair, Idealist, and 100% Time Release every morning and night. Yet, the dryness always showed. This Creme De Lamer alone can help me within just the first few times used!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2003 6:58:00 AM More reviews by candicewails

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree it takes a little time for some people to get a hang of how to use it right, but it worked fine for me almost from the start. It's unbeatable for skin-repair. Better than Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair, which I used to be nuts about. If I have a zit scab or light wound, this can make everything soft and smooth real fast. In terms of value for money, I certainly think it lasts much longer than other high-end creams like Re-Nutriv, Caviar Luxe or Global Anti-age, cos you only melt a tiny dab each time to pat over your entire face. Plus, the 2oz jar already holds more product than the other 1.7oz creams, for a lower price too. I used the 1oz (30ml) sized pot every night and some days, for over a year! So I've just hardened my heart and bought the bigger pot just a few hours ago. (Goodness knows it'll probably last 2 years or something...)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2003 8:40:00 PM More reviews by ScorpioBunny

Made me break out the first couple of nights, who can get past that!?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2003 12:10:00 PM More reviews by bitchyboss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

great stuff - one needs patience - u see the miracle in a few weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2003 1:43:00 AM More reviews by n2ndnstuff

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am hooked on this stuff! I have extremely dry skin and always have, but as I am aging it is getting to be a nightmare. Until I finally broke down and tried this stuff (way too pricey but worth every penny)I have had to live with an itchy, stinging, flaky face within an hour of cleaning and moisturizing. Immediately after using this I could feel a 100% difference in my skin. With consistent use I think it is fair to say it changes the molecular structure of your skin (is that really possible??), at least it makes it feel and look like new skin. Although it is very expensive if you use it sparingly a 2 oz. jar can get you through the rough months. It took me awhile to learn not to overuse it, it just makes you feel so good you think more is better - but that really isn't the case at all. I will not live another Winter without it, now I just have to try the lotion for the warmer months!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2003 12:53:00 AM More reviews by BabyB

I love, love, love this product!!!But...I don't wear it everynight. I have acne prone skin and am using meds that make my skin dry and scaly. Creme de La Mer has really helped my skin look "normal" again. I use it 1-2 times a week and very lightly. An ounce will probably last me forever. I also love the smell, it reminds me of my mother.

***Update***I'm now on my second jar (initial purchase was 6-7 months ago) and swear I will be a customer for LIFE! After the 6-7 months I've been using this product I've noticed a signficant difference in my skin. It "glows" brighter and my dark spots/scars have faded.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2003 12:47:00 PM More reviews by ErinK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

From what I hear, this is totally a YMMV item, but I'll add my two cents for what it's worth. I tried this a while back hoping it might be what the Dr ordered for my ultra dry skin. I figured if it was HG material, I could then stomach the price. Not only did it not do anything amazing for my face, after a few days I had a clogged pore problem. This is quite unusual for me, usually I can put Crisco on my face with no problems since it's so dry. It was the CDLM that did it. I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2003 10:05:00 AM More reviews by HearArt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent moisturizing cream that is worth the price. My skin absolutely glows when I use this product. Gone forever is flaky dry looking skin. Regular exfoliation did not accomplish this, and my skin would always look flaky later in the day. An added bonus is less foundation is needed for coverage and your makeup wears much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2003 12:39:00 AM More reviews by oclbgirl

I use this mostly as an undereye cream b/c my skin is far too oily to require such a heavy moisturizer. I've been happy using this as an eye cream. It helps w/ my undereye circles and softens my undereye lines. I will sometimes use this on scars and it does speed up the scar-clearing process b/c it gradually lightens the dark scar area w/o bothering my skin. I also use it sparingly for any dry, irritated patches on my face.