September 16, 2014 | 1795 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2003 7:17:00 AM More reviews by yeorib

Recently I met my friend's sister and I was totally blown away by her skin. She used to have the worst skin imaginable: really bad acne. It had been nearly 2 years since I last saw her and I nearly didn't recognise her. My friend had been telling me about how her sister's skin has never looked better but I never believed that a pot of creme could make that much difference. Apparently it can! I was told that she applied the creme every day and nothing else for about a year and voila! Although I can never be as patient as her sister I decided to give it a go. I have been using the creme for nearly 6 months now and although i use it on and off(mainly on late nights and weekends when I need serious beauty treatments) it seems to work wonders. In general, I also have breakouts, but the creme has reduced them and it heals problems very well. My aunty use it on her strech marks and it has faded considerably.
UPDATE: Really, I think the best thing for getting rid of pimples and acne is excercise. If you do this everyday, any potions will seem to work wonders. Dont get me wrong, I still use La mer, on and off but it will not make all breakouts magically disappear. Forget the la mer and spend some quality time running and sweating off the toxins in your body!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2003 5:21:00 PM More reviews by sharkalissa

So I bought into the hype too-but decided to buy a little sample jar off ebay first. Thank god I did! There is no way I would spend lots of money on this stuff. I have normal/combo skin, and the stuff just sat on my face. About 10 minutes later, it was still there, and i was wiping most of it off. I only used a tiny bit! I felt like I had just spread butter on my face, it was so greasy and thick. It works nice as an eye cream, makes the area really soft. I also got a little sample of the La Mer eye cream, which is thinner than the moisturizer. Nothing special there. If you want a good eye cream, get a little jar sample of the regular moisturizer and use that. And for the money you spend on the junk, you think you would get something nicer than a plastic tub with some 1980's-like pink and blue "splashes". Update the packaging! I'm sure for older women with dry skin this might work miracles as a night cream...but not me!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2003 7:57:00 PM More reviews by kathfitz

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used the serum last year and then stopped in the fall. I began thinking maybe I didn't really need it - boy was I wrong!

My forehead was looking more lined and the lines between my brows started looking more prominent. So I began using a sample of the creme that has been sitting on the shelf for ages and after about a week, the lines seem to have disappeared! It also evened out my skin and leaves it looking very healthy.

I'll probably use this instead of the serum because I think it's a lot cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2003 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Dreemer

I have a friend at Saks Fifth Avenue who gave me a small mini CDLM to try (with guaranteed free refills). She gave me the instructions on how to use it and I drove home quickly to try it on. At first I wasn't impressed at all. I thought it was a bit too oily but during spring break I forgot my regular moisturizer so I just used CDLM morning and night. After two weeks of doing that I've noticed that I no longer need foundation on my entire face. I use my customized foundation under my eyes and my Benefit translucent compact and I look glowing. Even people at work ask about my "new makeup routine". I've noticed that it's good for people who don't have sensitive and/or oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2003 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Pinki

I use this on my hands, feet, knees and elbows and it makes them beautimuss! It doesnt even cost that much for how little you use, I swear. I also use this to recover from scars and burns...it really workd for that. It was not a success as a face cream for me though-too oily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2003 10:02:00 AM More reviews by heatherblossom

the first time I tried this I stopped using it. I didn't think it was doing anything for my skin...but then I started breaking out with every other product I tried, even stuff that supposedly didn't break other people out. I've returned to this even though it doesn't last me that long,(like three months in harsh winter New England) and no day cream I've tried(avon, olay, lancome absolue, nuxe, etc.) makes a better makeup base, and doesn't irritate my skin. I'm hoping to find something that is cheaper and lasts longer (anyone tried darphin fibrogen or vitalskin cremes?)
all in all, it saves my skin since I've lived in a harsh climate. I think it would probably depend upon your skin type though, so you should definitely get generous samples and/or buy for a discount if you can!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2003 12:20:00 PM More reviews by mariabee2700

Caveat emptor! Just got back from the dermatologist. Thanks to the paraffin and/or petroleum in this product, I now have a chronic skin condition known as perioral dermatitis, and must take oral antibiotics to reduce the unsightly and itchy flare ups. I can use nothing stronger on my face than Ceraphil. (Goodbye all other skin treatments, now I'm using basically baby cleanser.) I always had pretty good skin overall, and now, at age 40, the lower half of my face was a mess of red rash and bumps. Just what you need when you feel like the bloom is off the rose to begin with. I wonder if anyone else has contracted this itchy broken out condition from use of this product? It's terrible, and even more when you consider what we pay for this. Save your money and save your skin! I can't say enough bad things about this dreck. I wish I could give it a rating of 0.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2003 9:19:00 PM More reviews by gambitlizard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Glad I got samples first! This is a VERY expensive cream... with 16 ounces going for $1000! It is very moisturizing - too much so for my normal/oily skin. Smells nice and "herbal." Has a HUGE cult following, but get a sample (mine was from Ebay) before splurging. It does make a nice undereye cream, but is rather expensive for that.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2003 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Kaalexa

I used this product a while ago. Everybody was saying it was the greatest so I REALLY wanted it to work for me. Nedless to say with my tendency to break out, this did NOT work at all. Did not like the texture, felt super greasy and it made me break out. Tried the oil absorbing moisturizer after it came out, and except for better texture it was also a bust.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2003 1:08:00 AM More reviews by vandyz

I have a very dry skin between my eyebrows and on the side of my nose. I have tried so many products, I put on Estee Night Repair, Idealist, and 100% Time Release every morning and night. Yet, the dryness always showed. This Creme De Lamer alone can help me within just the first few times used!!