August 28, 2014 | 1763 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by shopw8oomuch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good foundation to use on special occasions or when taking photographs. I used to use it on a daily basis and it caused me to break out. It's just too thick and heavy feeling for me although it provides awesome coverage. My skin is very oily and acne prone and it just doesn't agree with this for daily use. Too bad because it looks great when I wear it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2009 8:05:00 AM More reviews by makeupobssessed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation, I love this foundation so much and have tried so so many. This is the closest colour match that I ever tried!! I live in australia so it is very humid, this foundation seems to last for hours in the hot weather. I apply this with a mac 187 and get a flawless airbrushed finish, and i dont need to use a powder to set , This is a full coverage foundation with a matte finish and I would only recommend this foundation for those ladies with dry skin as the formula is oil based, people with acne prone skin or oily skin should by pass this as it can cause break outs.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by lillovelygrl33

I know this is a HG product for many people, but I was disappointed with the results. The NC20 the MA matched me with was far too yellow, but that was not the real issue. I do not usually have problems with reactions to cosmetics but...wow. I have had serious break outs after using this. The coverage is nice, but I can't deal with breaking out like a teenager again just to use this!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by gearslut

While the coverage and the colour match is good, the smell is horrendous. Even my 4-year old daughter could smell it after I applied it and was holding her nose saying "Yuck! What's that smell?". It applied smoothly with my Prescriptives foundation brush and I did not need to use concealer over the blemishes. After I applied a dusting of Benefit's Get Even.

It stayed on all day without getting too shiney but by 3 pm (applied at 7am) it started to "crackle" and settle into the lines and pores. I could still smell it too.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by ssimpson530

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I was originally using the Studio Tech, emollient cream foundation by MAC and so when I decided to change to a liquid, I wanted to have something that would give me medium to full coverage or atleast something buildable. Studio Fix Fluid is an amazing product that does just that. Pair it with a MAC MSF natural and you have full coverage. I would say its fairly cheap considering most high end foundations are expensive and MAC is on the lower end of high end retail. The only drawbacks are I have to buy a foundation pump to portion controll how much I use (which is a good thing because a little goes a long way) and that the foundation is on the warmer side bringing out orange :[. It tends to fade after a while, but thats what primer is for!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Michelle1410

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I realy love this foundation. It's really important to find
the right colour. If your foundation is to dark
or just 1 sade to light you can look like a carrot or a banana.
But if you have the right colour. THEN YOU ARE IN LOVE.
But it's very important to moisture your face very good.
If not you get break out very quickly. Some people use
tinted moisterizer to moisture but it's not enough.
You really need a good moisterizer underneath to protect
your skin so it won't break out. If been true al these process.
And I realy wanted to like this foundation.
Finaly I love it.'And to use fix plus before you use
moisterizer will also help to protect your skin from breaking out.
Sometimes the combination of moisterizer and this foundation
can also make you break out. So you realy need to find
the right combination.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by JacieO

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I think there are definitely tricks to getting the application right with Studio Fix. They will differ from person to person, but here are mine:

a) Prep the skin with a primer. I use the Mac Prep and Prime Skin base and it works a treat.

b) Apply with your fingers. Everytime I try to apply this with a brush, it comes out looking cakey and unnatural. Using your fingers warms the formula and makes it easier to spread across the skin. It also gives a more natural finish.

c) Once you've finished apply, buff with a kabuki brush. This will even out the finish.

d) Set with powder. I use MAC's Transparent Finishing Powder (I'm on a MAC kick at the moment so most of my face products are MAC).

I find that, if I apply the Studio Fix this way, I get a beautiful result that lasts all day.

Having oily skin, I still need to blot at lunch and then reapply some of the finishing powder but, compared to previous foundations where I had to blot on the hour every hour, this is a godsend.

The formula itself is thick, offering medium coverage. However, if you mix in with some moisturiser, you can get a tinted moisturiser effect.

Overall, this is a great foundation. It's not my HG, but it does a great job.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Laaadidaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG High coverage foundation. Others Ive tried include Estee lauder Double Wear and Revlon Colorstay...and they do not compare to MAC SFF. I find my best colour matches in MAC as i have tanned skin with strong yellow undertones. My brother's gf used to work for MAC and is now a freelance makeup artist so i have many different shades of SFF to mix and match with from NC 20 to 40, i find it extremely easy to mix the colours to find my perfect match, depending on the season.
I have pretty dehyrated skin so i always use a good amount of moiturizer and pat on Clarins Beauty Flash Balm for an extra boost underneath this foundation. I find best results when applied with the 187 brush and stippled in!! i cannot stress that this method will indeed give your skin a flawless airbrushed appearance. Granted i do not wear this foundation everyday, only for nights out or on days when i need my makeup to last (Ive applied this foundation at 3:30am one morning and it looked perfect when i got home at 10pm after na extremely busy day), so i cannot say how continued use of this foundation impacts on my skin in regards to breakouts, but im very happy using this foundation 1-2 times a week and it lasts for ages as you only need a small amount

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by opodeldok

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

very very bad smell, it really used to ruin my mornings (until I have found Revlon Color stay foundation). Don´t like the yellow/orange undertone. Doesn´t stay on all day, leaves marks on clothes (unlike Revlon color stay). Not going to buy that again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2009 3:06:00 AM More reviews by kkpeach77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the only foundation i've found that matches my skin well. I wear NC15 and most all other foundations are too dark or too pink for me. This has full coverage and stays put all day. The only downfall for me is that it does tend to be a little cakey looking, probably because I have dry skin to begin with so prep your skin well with a primer and you should be fine. Also, I don't think this product is oil free so if you have problems with break outs it may irritate it a bit. I'm on only my 3rd bottle now and i've been using it for about a year and a half now so they last a pretty decent time. Will buy again.