April 16, 2014 | 1932 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by mulan400

Never have I suffered such ugly breakouts as with a single application of this bane of a foundation. I had to make a TV appearance and everyone recommended MAC. Worst mistake of my life yet! Not only did I waste all that money but am left with zits that refused to die away for wees and left unsightly scars.
Down with Studio Fix!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by littletylero

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the colors. I range from an nc 30 in the winter all the way to an nc40 in the summer. This is the only product line that has enough yellow undertones in it to match my skintone. It goes on smooth (i use my 187) and blends well. My only complaint is that it is not lasting for my somewhat oily skin. Even when I use a primer and my mufe hd powder by the end of my foundation has faded off of my t zone. Ohh and yes I do use plot paper. The price is a lot but the good thing is that It last a pretty good time. Will I buy this again? yes until I find something cheaper! haha

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2009 12:30:00 PM More reviews by beautygirl82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff broke me out in spots very badly, not suitable for oily/combination skin. I just think mac products are to overrated!! I just can find I good foundation that works for my skin type, anyway I'll keep searching.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2009 11:22:00 AM More reviews by leanne03

I've been using Studio Fix Fluid for over a year.. switched from Covergirl foundation if that tells you anything. I'm an NC20-25.. at first i was wearing NW and felt it was a little too orange. I'm starting to feel like mid-day my foundation just rubs off, looks very greasy and even looks like it's melting off my face.. it's literally separating and looking blotchy especially around my mouth and T-zone area.. now my skin isn't even really oily.. i'd say normal to dry. I recently started using Cetaphil and even purchased a Clarisonic and my skin did clear up for a while but it's still not 100% .. still get breakouts and i'm blaming it on Studio Fix. I'm on the hunt for a better foundation but i don't want to spend $50! Help if you can :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by mayarc87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I currently use this foundation. I love it, it blends really well and looks more natural than other foundations I've tried.

I have oily acne-prone skin and use the NC25-20 shade.
The first couple of times I used I broke out a bit and I noticed that in the morning when washing my face I still had a little bit of foundation. So I really had to step up my makeup remover (I'm now using Lancome). I never broke up again after using it.

One of the things that I really hate is the package. It should come with a pump, and you shouldn't have to buy it separately and pay $5 for it.

One of the things that I really hate is that it leaves foundation on everything your face touches. EWWWW. It does not last more than 8 hours. My forehead at the end of the day has no more makeup.
But overall it's a really good foundation, leaves a more natural finish, and it covers most blemishes.

One of the few foundations that really match my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Edit: Took off a lippie. Sadly, after using Studio fix for a few weeks, my skin is starting to react to it. I am developing some bumps on my forehead and chin (where I get most oily). Even though I wash my face every single night and deep cleanse my pores, everyday wear of this foundation is just too heavy and clogging. I will probably wear this only once in a while, mainly for special occasions when I want the illusion of perfect skin.
Original review:
I first tried studio fix last winter, after hearing some really great things about it. But, I hated it. I had to use a ton of moisturizer underneath and it didn't blend well on my scaly winter skin.
So this foundation is not for those with dry skin. If you have any flakiness, this will enhance it and make your skin look awful.
Now that it's summer I decided to try studio fix once again, since I need a heavy coverage foundation and my skin is abnormally oily due to pregnancy hormones. It works perfectly to give me a flawless look, and covers all discoloration and blemishes. You can layer it and it doesn't cake or anything, a plus if you need more on certain areas. It also lasts all day, but you really need to make sure that you remove it all with a good cleanser or it will clog your pores.
I put that I will buy again, but I am going to try Revlon colorstay once I run out of studio fix since it is cheaper and has better reviews. Also my color match in studio fix isn't perfect, I use the lightest (NC15) and it is one shade darker than my actual skin, so I am hoping I can find one that is lighter than that in the colorstay formula.
Overall, good high end foundation for those who have oily skin and need full coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by maayah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had been using Estee Lauder double wear (Shell beige) for quite some time, but during summer I got a bit darker and their next shade up made me look like a brick. So off I went to MAC feeling quite excited and was matched an NW 35. This product really irritated my skin, I think I probably have sensitive skin and this made me break out all over my face. Absolutely horrible product, and also one of my friends was dying to be a MAC girl and she took the foundation from me coz I told her she should try before spending so much money and since we are pretty much the same color she took it home. 2 days later she called and told me that she had 5 big pimples! My skin is combination/acne prone/sensitive and hers is quite dry but this did not work out for either of us. So now I am back to EL and considering trying Dior shade 040. Really disappointed with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Alaina25

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!!
The first day I tried this foundation was a day at the seaside. What a suprise I couldn't believe it when my face looked lovely just like it did at the start of the day! This foundation makes my skin look beautiful, flawless and smooth - even with all my acne & old scars!!
I also suffer with oily skin and I have to say WOW - this really does keep the oil at bay!
This foundation is best purcahsed with the pump at a low cost of 2.50!
I will definately no doubt about it be re-purchasing this foundation over + over again!!
I can see the bottle lasting forever as I only use 2 pumps on the back of my hand and my 190 :)
Definately go and buy this product if your considering :) :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

I have to say that this is one of the best foundations that I have tried. It goes on smoothly and provides a great coverage. The shade NC 35 blended well with my skin tone. Originally, we got this foundation for my sister but then I tried it and then kept it. It stays on for a long time but if I want to prolong the coverage, I would use the MAC Studio Fix in powder on top of this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by muiie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation really covers up. it is definately heavy coverage. but i didn't really like it because it felt kinda heavy against my skin, to the point where people can "tell" i have make up on. also i find it irritating that mac gives the pump separately and when i bought this foundation, they ran out of their pumps! i had to come back 2 times later cuz it was always oos! the smell is definately not pleasent...it makes the foundation smell all chemical and icky...but it will go away after awhile. overall, not a product i'll repurchase simply becuase it is too much for me and way too heavy and expensive. i'm an NC35 for ref. =D