April 23, 2014 | 1383 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Yushimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this on my clients and I always ask them if they have sensitive skin or not because I know MAC foundation has a tendency to break out people. Honestly, ask for a sample first before you buy so you could test it out on a spot for the day.

This is a great foundation because it has literally all the shades I could think of, I set this foundation off with MSF Natural. It lasts and give great coverage.

Downside is that you gotta buy a pump extra if you're not used to how much you should be using. I don't usually need the pump because after awhile of using it, you get used to how much you really need. For quick application I just use a sponge. Just remember to blend!! All liquid foundation requires blending lolz :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Vanillablood

this product made me break out horribly. it was very obvious on the face , there was alot of coverage but you just coudnt get away with wearing it because it looks like mask. very visible not natural at all

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Janelliee0x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Overall I like this foundation. I does not oxidize on me and it matches my skin tone perfectly! I am a NC15, but its a tad too light for right now and I thought I would be a NC20 because I tan in the summer but that was a big no-no because it was to yellow! NC15 was just perfect for me, thank goodness its almost winter because its going to be perfect! Maybe for the summer (next year) I'll get the NW15 since I'm neutral undertone but with just more on the warm (yellow) side. Well I'll see what happens!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2009 11:02:00 PM More reviews by ricerice

i was reluctant to try this product because so many people were breaking out using this. I finally gave in when i found out that my friend (who also has acne-prone skin) told me that she uses this, and i'm very glad that i gave this a go. i barely need any concealer when using this, it gives absolutely flawless coverage and does not make you look cakey at all! I use my #189 stippling brush to apply this foundation. As the weather is getting warmer, i mix 1:1 ratio of moisturiser and foundation just to give it a dewier/ligher finish and it still covers every acne scar i have. I dont use this on a daily basis just because its quicker for me to use the powder version, but i Love this for night outs when i want to look flawless and when i know i'm going to take photos. No acne, no touch ups needed, i'm definitely going to stick to this, although it is going to to be awhile till i finish my bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Cliniquegirl19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Im a foundation fanatic and have tried them all when it comes to finding a foundation that gives full coverage with long lasting wear and a matte finish, and this is definatley the best. I apply this with the mac 187 brush but you can use any foundation brush/sponge to apply,and just love the way my skin looks afterwards..totally flawless. This foundation covers most imperfections and has an spf which is an added bonus. All in all, a thumbs up!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by mulan400

Never have I suffered such ugly breakouts as with a single application of this bane of a foundation. I had to make a TV appearance and everyone recommended MAC. Worst mistake of my life yet! Not only did I waste all that money but am left with zits that refused to die away for wees and left unsightly scars.
Down with Studio Fix!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by littletylero

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the colors. I range from an nc 30 in the winter all the way to an nc40 in the summer. This is the only product line that has enough yellow undertones in it to match my skintone. It goes on smooth (i use my 187) and blends well. My only complaint is that it is not lasting for my somewhat oily skin. Even when I use a primer and my mufe hd powder by the end of my foundation has faded off of my t zone. Ohh and yes I do use plot paper. The price is a lot but the good thing is that It last a pretty good time. Will I buy this again? yes until I find something cheaper! haha

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2009 12:30:00 PM More reviews by beautygirl82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff broke me out in spots very badly, not suitable for oily/combination skin. I just think mac products are to overrated!! I just can find I good foundation that works for my skin type, anyway I'll keep searching.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2009 11:22:00 AM More reviews by leanne03

I've been using Studio Fix Fluid for over a year.. switched from Covergirl foundation if that tells you anything. I'm an NC20-25.. at first i was wearing NW and felt it was a little too orange. I'm starting to feel like mid-day my foundation just rubs off, looks very greasy and even looks like it's melting off my face.. it's literally separating and looking blotchy especially around my mouth and T-zone area.. now my skin isn't even really oily.. i'd say normal to dry. I recently started using Cetaphil and even purchased a Clarisonic and my skin did clear up for a while but it's still not 100% .. still get breakouts and i'm blaming it on Studio Fix. I'm on the hunt for a better foundation but i don't want to spend $50! Help if you can :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by mayarc87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I currently use this foundation. I love it, it blends really well and looks more natural than other foundations I've tried.

I have oily acne-prone skin and use the NC25-20 shade.
The first couple of times I used I broke out a bit and I noticed that in the morning when washing my face I still had a little bit of foundation. So I really had to step up my makeup remover (I'm now using Lancome). I never broke up again after using it.

One of the things that I really hate is the package. It should come with a pump, and you shouldn't have to buy it separately and pay $5 for it.

One of the things that I really hate is that it leaves foundation on everything your face touches. EWWWW. It does not last more than 8 hours. My forehead at the end of the day has no more makeup.
But overall it's a really good foundation, leaves a more natural finish, and it covers most blemishes.

One of the few foundations that really match my skin.