October 31, 2014 | 1568 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2009 5:13:00 AM More reviews by Britni09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried many other foundations, but this is my favorite for everyday wear. I prefer full coverage foundation and this provides it. It is not too heavy and is fairly long lasting (6 hours) without any touch-ups. It hasn't caused me to break out -yet. :) and I have been using this product for months. With the MAC 187 brush it gives a flawless finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2009 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Paolina82

This foundation is definitely the best one for me. I have normal/dry skin. I use the NC40. I've been using it for about five or six years now. I think to get the best result one should wear it over the Prep and Prime Face with or without SPF. It makes a huge difference. I wear the Studio Fix powder in NC 42 to set it and my face looks fresh all day, I rarely have to touch up. I only wish they had more shades since NC 40 is a tad light, that's why I use NC42 powder on top of it and the look is perfect. Every once in a while I try something new. In the past year I've tried DiorSkin Airflash Spray Foundation, and Smashbox's High Definition Healthy Fix Foundation but neither made me look as good as the MAC foundation. The Smashbox Primer made me break out and I never break out. I would have to say Chanel's Mat Lumiere and Pro Lumiere are the only other faoundations I enjoy using.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 7:11:00 PM More reviews by reallychelseawow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

They don't seem to suit my skin tone, always a bad match. I got 3 large samples, different colours. Because two SAs couldn't decide on my undertones (I'm neutral but they both thought I leaned towards a different colour). Both failed.
This made my skin dry and oily, kwim? It flaked, and creased. Sigh.
It caused breakouts and an itchy rash.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 6:43:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the color match of this foundation. But that is where it ends IMO. I am so disappointed. As soon as I apply it, my skin starts sweating. Even after it sets make sure you don't accidentally touch or swipe your face. Doing so will take off makeup leaving a very noticeable area that cannot be touched up to look 100%...cakes up just awful! So if you manage to avoid that, this makeup will last nice for an hour tops here in FL during the summer. I was eating breakfast and it drastically settled in all my lines around my mouth and nose, and was starting to separate all over my face. OMG I cannot deal with this. I am low-maintenance when it comes to foundations. So, I cannot be "babysitting" it. Good luck. I would not recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2009 6:20:00 PM More reviews by LornaDale

This product is a full coverage foundation to me. When I put it on it is very thick and manages to cover everything very well. I would not recommend using this in the summertime because I have found that because it is so thick, it tends to break me out in the summer months because there is more heat and sweating. I do not like the smell of this product. It smells like clay or those paints I used to use in art class. Also, for the price we pay, I think we should at least get a pump with the product rather than having to buy my own. Overall, it is a great product but it does have a tendency to block pores since it is so heavy and could possibly leading to breakouts.

UPDATE: 4/20/2010 I had to stop using this product because the longer I use it the more I break out. It is ruining my skin. I had wanted to finish up the bottle but now I'm just going to dump it and use the container for B2M.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Lovingthrill

So, I have never been big on foundation. The color is always off. I used to use BE in 4n and that was ok but after a while I wanted a little more coverage.

I went to the bobbi brown counter and sephora for MUFE HD and both of those were disappointing colorwise.
As a last resort I went to Mac. They gave a sample that lasted for three applications. I was hooked. My face looked so even and nice. All of the rest of my makeup (blush, eyeshadow) looked complete with this on. This was the first time I felt like my face looked awesome. I put the monistat chafing gel on, let that settle in. then, I apply the foundation with my studio basics foundation/concealer brush. It stays on all day. I went to work/school at 8AM and didn't get out til 9pm and my face still looked pretty good.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by lacochran78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have always used Colorstay foundation because I needed the coverage and staying power. However, I really hated how heavy it looked and wanted a more natural appearence. After reading reviews on this site I decided to try MAC Sutdio Fix. This has been a GREAT improvement. I am NC25 and it looks great as where other foundations always turned pink. It goes on medium but is buildable for those times when I am broke out. It stays on great during the day and when it does eventually wear off, it doesn't come off in splotches. I have very oily skin and I do not shine through until several hours later (which is to be expected). I definetly reccomend this for someone with oily skin that has a few blemishes and dark spots to cover.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2009 10:58:00 AM More reviews by teresa1083

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Does give great coverage, but holy moley does it make me break out!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2009 2:30:00 AM More reviews by edhardyluv

i liked this product until i started getting acne and irrtation on my face from it :( it would look so oily as well i switched and my face looks so much better

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2009 11:23:00 AM More reviews by iris621

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well...I really wanted to like this foundation having heard everyone raving about it..but it doesn't work for me.I used this in the summer and from after the 15 minute walk to my office, i blotted my face with tissue paper since i was a little sweaty and the foundation came off a lot...it was so disappointing. also, it tends to oxidize on my skin and makes it look very yellow, although the shade may be a tad too dark in the first place(i have fair asian skin and the ma gave me NC25).
i also got dry patches on my skin and sits in my pores at the end of the day. with this price, you can get much better.