Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 3/11/2008 10:29:00 AM

I actually really had good results with this cleanser - it left my skin feeling nice and soft and clean, and was good at getting makeup off. BUT - I can't get past the fragrance. To me it smells like wood furniture polish. In fact I just bought a Method furniture polish to use on my furniture and I swear this cleanser smells exactly like it.

on 3/9/2008 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product, like most Philosophy products, has a subliminally attractive name. "Purity"....of Course it will be good for my skin...NOT!
I have not broken out in years. Not only did this product manage to achieve that little feat, it made my skin very dry at the same time. This company needs to stick to bath products and leave skin care to companies that are dedicated to just skin care.

on 3/1/2008 12:31:00 AM

I had some sort of allergic reaction to this product, which really surprised me. After I used it, my eyes got a bit puffy and the next day I had red blotches on my skin. I had used other Philosophy products before and had no reactions (and rarely DO have any reactions to any products) so I thought it might be something I ate. Not kidding!

So, I used it again. Same reaction! I had bought a number of Purity items directly from Philosophy and I was afraid to even try the rest. I called them and they were very nice about letting me return the products and giving me a prompt refund.

on 2/29/2008 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE this face wash. I started using it a few months ago when my previous facewash was discontinued and I have totally become a Philosophy convert! This removes my make up really well, even mascara and leaves my face soft and very smooth. I only need a little bit to clean my whole face. This my new HG facewash - just bought a big bottle! Awesome product!

on 2/29/2008 9:49:00 AM

I love love love love this cleanser! I use it at night and all my makeup is gone! I have acne prone and oily skin and it totally helps. I use the "on a clear day" in the morning and i love that as well. The philosophy brand makes const. great products!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this when I was getting a weird acne breakout that was caused by who knows what. It actually helped me clear it up. It made my face really clean and is very gentle. The only thing I did not like however was the smell. I guess it just takes some getting used to but I would prefer another smell altogether. It works though and is non-irritating.

on 2/25/2008 2:18:00 PM

This product is just okay for me. My face feels very clean after I wash with this. However, I like my Sensaria Balancing Cleanser much better and I will not switch to this product. The Sensaria cleanser has a nice minty scent and it almost tingles when I put it on my face. It leaves my face feeling much fresher and cleaner and it's even cheaper! So I guess if I were not comparing it to my other cleanser, this product is okay and I would buy it again. However, given that I like my other cleanser better, I will not buy this product again.

on 2/23/2008 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I got this as part of a bday gift set a year ago and I've been loving it ever since. I even bought the litre bottle off QVC.
It cleanses make up really well - even mascara, but be careful b/c it will rinse off on your towel if you don't scrub with a face cloth or sponge. It does have a smell that takes getting used to, but my face feels clean without feeling tight after I use it.
Love it and will keep buying it.

on 2/19/2008 3:45:00 PM

I have been using Philosphy's Purity forn over 2 years. It has clear up my acne and help prevent those awful period pimples. The best thing about this product is that it removes oil, dirt and even eye makeup without leaving your skin dried out.

on 2/19/2008 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just started using this and WOW!! Finally a cleanser that takes off all my makeup (including MAC Full Coverage foundation) and doesn't leave my face feeling like the Saraha Desert. And this is quite a feat as I usually have to use a makeup remover and then a seperate cleanser, but with this just 30 seconds massaging it on my face and a good rinse, voila, no makeup on the towel when I dried. LOVE LOVE this stuff, I just wish I found it sooner.