September 30, 2014 | 1819 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2007 10:42:00 PM More reviews by dionline

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great cleanser when used properly. I tried this once before and it dried the heck out of my face...red, itchy and very tight. After watching the model on QVC put it all over, even her eyes to remove mascara, etc...,I thought, maybe that's what I'm doing wrong. I always remove my makeup first so that the cleanser can do just that - cleanse, NOT remove the makeup. But it must have just stripped my skin. This time I just put some in the palm of my hand, added a few drops of water and massaged all over - even my eyes. It didn't irritate my eyes at all (big surprise for me!), my lipstick came off, every bit of foundation was removed and my skin felt soft and not dry at all. Even thought philosophy doesn't make a toner I always use one anyway prior to applying my treatment or moisturizer. I'm very pleased this time and will continue using it. I'll probably get the huge size with a pump just for the convenience. Count me as a happy user!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2007 9:46:00 AM More reviews by joann287

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My face didn't feel clean after using this product. DEFINITELY not worth the $$. Buy something cheaper and better. Philosophy has brilliant marketing, saying their stuff is sooooo great; news flash, it's not, it's all marketing. NOT WORTH THE $$$

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by brookeab

I LOVE purity! I purchased the monster 32 oz size from QVC, and I love that it has a pump. This is the ONLY product i have found that can totally remove my makeup without having to rub my skin raw. It even takes off the mascara that I use, and I use a lot since I have no eye lashes. It does not bother my eyes and it's nice to be able to get my mascara off without the product bothering me. It also makes my skin feel super soft and very clean. If you are looking for a great cleanser, go for this one! I would buy this again in a second!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2007 6:47:00 PM More reviews by ohiopirate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite cleanser for my combination skin. For years I have used Clinique 3 Step, but it never took all my makeup off without using toner. This cleanser takes off all my makeup and it does not dry my cheeks and forehead. I use it every night alone with Hope in a Jar and my skin has never felt better.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2007 9:22:00 PM More reviews by loveaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

cleans and removes makeup like a dream. leaves skin very very clean without being irritating or drying. hg status.

EDIT: Maybe I was trippin when I first got this but I HATE this stuff.....it makes me break out, makes my skin itch and I ended up throwing it away. YUCK.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2007 7:22:00 AM More reviews by butterflyjunki

Okay, so I bought this cleanser from Sephora. I think the bottle would be better if it had a pump, but overall it's a good cleanser. I have sensitive eyes, combination skin and wear lots of makeup. I find it removes makeup better then any of the makeup removers that I've tried. It also has a soft scent, nothing to powerful and makes your skin clear when used regularly. I also use it in the shower after I work out, and so does my boyfriend. He even likes it, and uses it on his face. I'd buy it again. I love how my skin doesn't get to dry afterwards either. I must say, I've spent hundreds of dollars on skincare lines, and if you are looking for a good cleanser that doesn't over dry, this works well. They say it replaces a toner also and a makeup remover. It's a multi purpose cleanser. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2007 2:40:00 PM More reviews by diva23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this cleanser. I have oily skin and wear makeup everyday, and it takes all my makeup off and leaves me with fresh, clean skin. It doesn't break me out at all. I'm someone that needs daily exfoliation, so I have to use a separate scrub, but it's great for removing makeup and keeping the skin's PH levels normal.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2007 2:37:00 PM More reviews by cassandrajane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ive purchased this a couple times now, so I think I like it ok. The scent is a little different, but its subtle. It does seem to clean well. I just wish Philosophy made a toner to use afterwards.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2007 1:11:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl156

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not sure what to make of this product. I've tried it over and over again. It cleans well, but it kind of has a funny smell. I also think the price is a bit high for the sizes they offer. I like the packaging, but wish they offered a pump bottle in the small sizes. They make a 32oz pump...but it's too huge to store it anyplace. I like something that will fit in my medicine cabinet. I also think they should make a fragrance free version as well. I think that's my biggest complaint is the weird smell it has. My skin is super clean after use. It doesn't feel tight or dry afterwards...despite the positve things about, the smell is what gets to me.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2007 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Mishkyn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after hearing the woman who developed the line talk about how she had acne-prone skin. At first I felt it did an okay job, though it irritated my eyes quite a bit. Then...all hell broke loose. I am 59 and I had the worst breakout of my life from using this. HUGE cystic acne: 13 mounds on my face, even in places I never ever had acne. I am shocked to read that at least 10 per cent of reviewers here had the same exact problem. What in the world is going on with this line? They brag over and over about being better than what you can get in a dermatolgists office. They preach about their "philosophy", but something is very very wrong to break so many people out so badly. Also, many other people had eye irritation from it as well.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No