September 23, 2014 | 1410 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2003 9:00:00 PM More reviews by fancyface1020

This is a pretty good mascara. It lengthened, thickened and darkened my eyelashes effortlessly. It did not clump, smudge or flake on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2003 1:33:00 AM More reviews by lelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara all right. I received a few samples of it in Black, and it dramatically darkens and thickens my lashes. Also, I've picked "yes" to buying it again, but I don't truly know if I would buy it, since it is a nice mascara but drugstore brands are similar and less expensive.

Note: I worked out wearing this mascara, and it stung my eyelids after I started working up a sweat, so I would probably skip this one for days where one is going to be doing any demanding physical activity. This mascara didn't sting my eyes otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2003 4:23:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

To compare to my beloved Naturally Glossy mascara in Black: High Impact's Black shade is richer/darker, the formula thickens more. Like Naturally Glossy it gives the same amount of length and definition, never clumps, doesn't make my lashes droop like some mascaras, doesn't irritate, doesn't flake, washes off easily. IMO, both mascaras are awesome and I haven't yet decided which one I'll purchase when I need to replace my tube in 3-4 months time. I'll be sure to update my review at that time. **UPDATE** 2/04: I repurchased my fave Naturally Glossy. It just works better for me for every day wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2003 9:49:00 AM More reviews by sahmu4ia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is a tough one to review. first of all, I actually WON the Allure giveaway for this item. Secondly, I have a bias against Clinique. I am still mad at them for the 3-step program, in particular their DDM, so I'm using this only because it was a freebie.
Okay, it looks really great on and makes my lashes look about as long as they ever have. I also like the glossy finish it leaves. A major plus for me is that it washes off very easily. The only complaint is that I find this formula very messy. I keep ending up with mascara on my lid, as if I did a very poor job putting on eye-liner. It might be the brush being kind of big, or the watery/gel like formula. Bottem line, my fav mascara is Px false Eyelashes which looks just about as good as High Impact and is much easier to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2003 3:31:00 PM More reviews by kmb0829

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in Sapphire and Black. The Sapphire really makes my blue eyes pop when I wear it along with nude/natural eye shadow. The black is a very nice rich color, perfect when I want a more dramatic look (since I am a PPP). I also love the fact that these do not smudge or flake and they wash off with just water.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2003 2:51:00 PM More reviews by TheAngel

I love this mascara. I have tried the Naturally Glossy in the past, but it is TOO natural for my tastes. This one goes on thick, rich-looking (I got black), and thickens pretty well with no clumps. The brush is nice and fluffy too, but not as huge as the Voluminous or Dior Show brushes. If it lengthened more, it'd be an HG for me. I still want to try YSL, but if that isn't worth the money then this is the mascara I will keep buying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2003 11:50:00 AM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of this with a Macy's.com order and I really like it. It adds volume and a bit of length to my lashes without making them clump together. Also, it doesn't smear or smudge on me at all. Big rave from me!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2003 9:38:00 AM More reviews by guil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in the plum color. The SA was wearing this on black, and it was very intense. I decided on the plum, because I have short, sparse lashes and I was hoping this would plump them up without beign too overpowering. It works very well. The color is very subtle, and not harsh like black. It looks very natural. It does has a tendency to clump, so I use a comb. I was overall pleased with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2003 10:45:00 PM More reviews by blanksugar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I dont have any complaints but I just didnt see how this was HIGH IMPACT mascara. I mean why call it that when it doesnt make your lashes look like anything special. For me it made them longer darker but somewhat spikey.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2003 10:16:00 PM More reviews by bushe

I like this mascara. I get rich color. I've tried the plum, and sapphire as well as the black. I think it gives my lashes a very dressed up and well put together look. I honestly rather put that mascara on to complete my i look instead of false lashes in the daytime.