Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 2/23/2004 2:21:00 PM

I am still on the search for my HG mascara, but this is my current fave. It colours my lashes well and makes them looks loads longer. I have to apply quite carefully though to avoid clumping. I like clinique's mascaras because I think the formulas are quite shiny and give your lashes a nice glossy glow, kind of like when they are wet.

on 2/20/2004 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a sample and I was disappointed. Though the formula itself was nice and brought out rich color, the brush is way too fluffy to work well with my short, sparse, and thin lashes. It clumped and didn't deliver the mascara evenly at all. It doesn't hold a curl either, so if your lashes are like mine, don't bother with this. My favorite Clinique mascara is naturally glossy. It's perfect for a natural, pretty, soft look for lashes. Try that instead.

Makes my lashes look thick and longer but it clumps a little more than I would like.

on 2/16/2004 4:05:00 PM

This mascara is generally fine. However, I find it migrates and a bit ends up beneath my eyes. Also, I always find a spot or two where the lashes left a mark of mascara on my upper lid where they hit, even thought I am very careful to apply. Must take a while to dry. Lastly, and this is a bit gross. I know you all have found before a glob of black in the inner corner of your eye, you know what I mean, actually in your eye, it's pretty sick. Well with THIS mascara, there was ALWAYS globs there, the next morning I would see them and try to get it all out. Ick!

on 2/8/2004 7:49:00 PM

This was a great disappointment to me. I was hoping that it would at least make my lashes look longer. It weighed them down (no curl), and was too expensive for a drugstore junkie like me. :P

Another very nice mascara! I really like this mascara. This does not clump or cause my lashes to stick together (which has always been a problem w/my dense lashes). This nicely sperates & perfectly thickens each lash AND a huge WOW for the lengthening effect! The best part is that my lashes are still soft to the touch after applying this mascara! That beats the heck out of the stiff beakable lashes some other mascaras give us!!! Thank you Clinique!

I love the look of dramatic lashes...to an extent! This was just too much with my delicate facial features!! Made me look like I was playing dress-up!! On top of that, the brush is big and bulky. I poked myself in the eye the second time I applied it! Less than an hour later, the eye I poked started to feel irritated and I had to wash the mascara off! Luckily this crap was a sample that I didn't have to pay for!! And another thing: This mascara smears and flakes like nobody's business! I've used drugstore mascaras that are better than this!

on 2/4/2004 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Decided to try this instead of replacing my MAC Pro Long Lash due to slight irritation lately.

I have used the Naturally Glossy and tend to use it on light makeup days when my eyes are tired so I expected something similar in terms of softness on the lashes but with a more dramatic effect.

I find this mascara light on the lashes with the same dramatic effect as MACs PLL. BUT it doesn't curl. I don't usually need to use a lash curler and I find I must use one with this mascara.

I do like it and will purchase again but will be investing in a better lash curler! :o)

*Update 17.02.04* I really don't like this mascara anymore. It's too wet and I have to scrape off half of the mascara before even touching my lashes or it will be a clumpy mess. Will not be repurchasing...back to MAC PLL!!

on 2/4/2004 10:57:00 AM

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE! This is one of the WORST mascaras I have ever tried. I usually use Lancome (Definicils), but I thought I'd give Clinique's new mascara a try. Well, it clumped, smeared and flaked. Lancome is a bit pricer, but worth it! I will never repurchase this item again. I'm not much of a Clinique fan anyway, although some of their lipsticks are ok... That's about it. Very disappointed! :-(

on 1/31/2004 12:57:00 AM

I received this in GWP. Tried several times but won't continue using it. It's an OK product, won't clump or smuggle. However, for my poor short lash, it doesn't increase much length or curl. And you can find better mascara at much lower price. Glad don't have to pay for it.

Popular Mascaras