BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is great but not for everyday use. Why? Taking it off is pretty hard, even when using eye makeup remover. It does add lenght and volume and makes your lashes look thick and beautiful, which is why I still give it 5 stars. The effect of this mascara is just awesome. I love it.

Really like this mascara. I love the way it makes my lashes look really long and black. It stays on all day and doesn't smudge. I would of rated this 5 rather then 4 if it lasted longer. I feel it drys out far too quickly and a new one is needed again far too quickly.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I received this product in a pack bought from sephora. Overall, I like it. A lot of mascara smudge on me, but that's not the case with this one. I never had raccoon eyes with this one, even when going to the gym, something that happen with a lot of products for me. I love the effect the brush gives, and it can also hold a curl really well. The brush is great for bottom lashes also.

However, I thought that it flaked a little. I also think that the black could be blacker, it's not black enough for my taste. It also dried really quickly, but maybe it's because of the fact that it a sample size, so we'll see.

Overall, it's a great mascara, but not so great for the price tag. I'll use it if I can find it on sale, or if I have it in a pack from sephora, but I'll probably not purchase it on it's own.

EDIT on 2015-02-07:
I used a full size of this mascara and I stand by my review. Doesn't smudge at all, hold a curl, great for bottom lashes and great brush. As I said before, it does flake a little sometimes, and it's not as black as I would like to. Also, I would like to add something that I haven't mentioned before: You can hurt yourself with it LOL this is the only mascara that I use that I poked my eyes to tears with it and it hurt A LOT. Seriously, be careful with that. Oh and I would also not that it's hard to remove, the only thing that really remove it is Bioderma H20, because everything else leave some behind. Don't think about removing this mascara with a makeup removing wipes, you'll hurt yourself from rubbing too much.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I received a trial size of Benefit They're Real mascara when making a purchase at Sephora. I was truly amazed at the difference in my lashes. For once you were actually able to see them. I have tried many different mascaras and have not been able to get the affect that this mascara gave me. I read the reviews anad do agree that it is a little pricey but I have spent so much money trying different mascaras that I would buy this product. It did not clump on me and two coats were enough. I did not have any trouble removing it like some people have stated in their reviews. I use Olay facial sheets, the ones that you wet, and it came right off.

I really didn't like this mascara. It didn't do anything for my lashes, let alone make them look false! It was clumpy and just not great on my lashes, it also dried out really quick. I personally don't like plastic brushes either. This just didn't work for me.

I usually stay away from BeneFit mascaras because they have always smudged like crazy on me, and I don't have oily eyelids. They're Real is no exception.

I received a mini of this as part of the Sephora birthday set, so I was eager to try it to see if it lived up to all of the hype. For reference, I have short, thin eyelashes, so I was intrigued by the dramatic before-and-after pictures BeneFit featured on their site.

This did give decent length and held the curl, but it did start to clump a bit with more than one coat, so one lippie off for that. However, the worst thing was that it flaked and left me with raccoon eyes. At first I thought it was my eyeliner, but I tried it just by itself and still got the same results.

Overall, would not repurchase, and I think the "3" rating I gave it was quite generous. continued >>

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I know everyone seems to love this mascara; but I don't find it worth the hype. I am a fan of these types of brushes, the ones that are plastic or even rubber with spikes or bristles rather than a spooly-type brush. Usually I can't go wrong with this brush type (because honestly, the brush makes or breaks that mascara depending on what your lashes need, regardless of formula) because they work best for my lashes- my #1 criterion is separation. But the packaging is flawed, the spikeball at the tip of this wand only creates clumps, even if I wipe some product off before application. The rest of the brush is okay, but if the bristles were thinner and more numerous they would do the job much better in my opinion when compared with other mascaras that have these traits. I also prefer dryer formulas -clumps are my enemy- so I hated using They're Real until I'd had it for ages, which isn't even sanitary. Not the worst mascara but definitely not deserving of the price tag! There are simply better mascaras from the same genre that are cheaper and superior.

I really like this mascara but it is very expensive:( it does do a good job to lengthen your lashes but it takes a few coats and it can get very stiff.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Bottom line - Overpriced. Go to your local d/s and get Loreal telescopic for $10.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This mascara is below average. It took several coats to make my lashes look longer and give them more volume, and I don't like the brush. There are many mascaras, drugstore and high end, that work far better. Big disappointment. Will not repurchase.

Popular Mascaras