October 21, 2014 | 1767 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 1 of 5 on 2/29/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by alliemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this the first few times I used it, but as another reviewer mentioned, it made my eyelashes so brittle that they were breaking and falling out. not okay with that. won't ever use this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

I'll start off by admitting that I have good lashes. They are not super thick, but they tend to be long and they are healthy. I bought the Revlon Photoready mascara some weeks ago and I was tempted to buy this too just to compare them since the Revlon is the dupe. I never judge a mascara on the first try, but it helps if it impresses me. This is a more gel formula, and because of that it's ultra black. It can take longer to build length and volume vs. the Revlon. I feel like I'm going to debate and go back and forth with like and dislike for this mascara. If you apply a coat it's ok sometimes, but if you keep going and get crazy then it becomes a mess of sticky lashes. It can get wild before you know what happened. I've even seen lashes go in all sorts of directions. North, South, East, and West. That's never happened with other formulas for me, so beware. By the time you attempt to fix it, the gel formula has dried. It can be stiff an spidery. My false lashes are 100% hair and don't look like that. By the way, don't hesitate to return a mascara, because brands get feedback based on returns. Update: I kept thinking that this reminds me of something. I think it's a lot like Loreal Voluminous False Lashes in the way the end result looks.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2012 9:24:00 AM More reviews by CLAiRE07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Yikes, I had a terrible experience with this mascara. When first applied I only felt "meh" about it. I will admit that it was lengthening and non-clumpy; but it was also not very voluminizing or thickening at all.
After using it for about a week, I noticed that I had large areas of eyelashes that had reduced to short stubs. I'm pretty sure that the mascara made my lashes so brittle that they literally broke in half. Terrible. Needless to say, I returned it and will never re-purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2012 6:48:00 AM More reviews by BonitaY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I usually use the Eyes To Kill by Giorgio Armani, but I tried this one because the salesgirl said it was amazing, and they didn't have Giorgio Armani.
I absolutely hated it and after a week I bought my usual mascara which is so much better.
This one has a very thin, running texture, which I personally don't like because when it dries up it looks flaky.
If you have a lot of lashes you have to be real careful when you put this one on because it really sticks them together. Some people like that, but I think it looks awful. It is so hard to build up, and one layer doesn't color them evenly at all. I was so disappointed because usually BeneFit is not a bad label.
I guess the only positive thing is the packaging. It is quite heavy, and I like that, but the design makes it look real cheap.
I would definitely not buy They're Real again, it's the worst mascara I ever tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by jjjenko

I bought this because couple of my friends said they used this and loved it.

I am not impressed. I compared it to my cover girl lash blast and have better results. I did a eye to eye comparison.. I curled both eyelashes, when I put the benefit one on one eye my lashes fell a little bit, while the cover girl one gave me more volume and stayed up.

Looks like this will have to be returned and I will stick to my cover girl lash blast!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by BethaneyJayne79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

For me, having short, sparse and thin eyelashes, this mascara reached and coated all the fine inner and outer corner lashes so well, it adds length and stays all day, I even got comments when wearing it. I love the wand, which has a ball of extra bristles at the end to get the corners. Yes it can be a little hard to remove with just cleanser, but remover does the job. Unfortunately it did not keep curl for me - but no mascara ever has. It was pricey, but I love it and will buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Mhgroener

Terrible

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

This is a nice mascara, if you like your lashes fake looking and weighed down. I like my lashes to look long, feathery, and clump free. I have short but thick lashes. With this mascara, it requires a lot of work to remove the clumps. I like to do 3 thin layers of mascara, with this I can't do more than one. It flaked off.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2012 6:31:00 AM More reviews by alix1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I bought this mascara on a whim after promising myself I wouldn't buy anymore Benefit products. I love the names, packaging etc by Benefit but find the products just never live up to the promises/descriptions. Point proven once again by this mascara. It wasn't awful, hence the 3 Lippys but just not good enough for the price or to buy again. It goes on nicely, smoothly but leaves big black smudges under my eyes as the day wears on. I've tried with varying eyeliners (and without any) to ensure I wasn't blaming this unfairly but no - it just does leave that raccoon look. It also doesn't add volume it that's what you're looking for just coats reasonably nicely and maybe a little length. Wouldn't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I got a free sample of this as a VIB gift from Sephora. I really like this mascara because the brush instantly fans out lashes and gives them a feathery look. It coats all of my lashes in just one swipe. I generally apply 2 coats to get a more feathery look which reminds me of the effect of L'oreal's Voluminous mascara. The Benefit formula is great for coating lashes instantly, unlike other formulas which may be dry. The brush is also great at separating lashes and does not clump at all. I have small eyes so I feel that the brush is a tad bit long for me. However, this stays on all day and does not smudge. It comes off easily with my L'oreal eye makeup remover.

My only gripe about this mascara is that it lacks in the volumizing department. It does not give me thick lashes, so I use this as a primer for lengthening and pair it with Rimmel's Day2Night mascara to get my desired volume. Given the price of this mascara, I'm sure there would be a cheaper drug store alternative with a similar brush. For that reason, I would not purchase this.