BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2057 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 1/6/2013 1:08:00 AM

I purchased this on a Sephora employee's advice on how it was her "hands down, favorite mascara." But boy, this mascara is awful in my opinion. The brush is a nice shape, and the bristles are awesome as they catch my eyelashes nicely. Only complaint is the formula. It's super wet and my lashes harden SO much. I'm not a fan of hard, spidery lashes. That, and it smeared to my browbone area as well as underneath my lashes. Not impressed with the end result, unfortunately.

I think there are some much better and CHEAPER mascaras out there available.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I am in a way ambivalent about this mascara I guess. I sooooo wanted to love it & have a new fave mascara & I put that hope into every new mascara that comes out that I hear good things about. This product however, like every other mascara is not my HG, I don't think the HG of mascara has been invented yet, I would've found it by now. With that being said however, Its pretty good. I like my eyelashes to be very dark, and voluminous. This product delivers pretty well for those specifications. It is very thick & sticky which I don't care about as long as it's getting the job done but if you're bothered by heavy, sticky mascara, you'll hate this. Whatever you do, don't let it dry between coats. It makes lashes hard & therefore impossible to put another coat on after its dry without getting tarantula eyes. Again, The hardness is not a concern of mine but if you prefer plush lashes, Again, you'll hate this. Lastly, don't even think about getting clump free lashes with this stuff. I made my peace long ago with the fact that I need to declump after any mascara application with tweezers, so it clumping isn't really out of the ordinary, They all do but this one a bit more than others. All in all if you're like me & you want very dark, very dramatic, very voluminous lashes at any cost then this is one of the better mascaras out there. If you want a light, smooth, easy application, clump free mascara then don't waste your money. Hope this was helpful :) I'll continue my search for the perfect mascara!

on 1/3/2013 1:34:00 PM

I so wanted to love this! but I was so disappointed with it, in fact probably one of the worst mascara's I've ever tried. It made them stumpy clumpy and cloggy....very strange.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I am mascara obsessed and love long dramatic lashes. Mine are naturally longish that are quite fine and aren't that dark. so basically in a mascara i look for one that promises added length and thickness. This mascara, although i thought it was ok, i don't think it's worth all the hype or the price. It did hold a curl really well and lengthend them a lot, but made them all spidery and thin rather than thicken them up. and also you could tell that more than a few coats would have them clumping together. the little bobbly bit on the end of the brush helped me reach the inner corners and bottom lashes which was good. Personally i probably wont buy it again because of the price and because it just didn't really do much for my eyelashes but If you have shorter lashes, i would probably give this a try cause it will lengthen them up! :)

I'm on my third tube of this mascara to date. I do use it with another mascara to make my lashes uber long, but it does make my lashes look very thick and long as it describes. The only downside for me is the price.

on 1/2/2013 10:42:00 AM

I loved this mascara, I found it easy to use - I just put two coats on and wiggle the brush so all the lashes are covered in mascara and voila: you have long and full looking lashes, I found that it held the curl that I had put in with my eyelash curler. I thought I had found my new favourite mascara but then........after just 7 weeks the formula started to dry out and now when I use it, it is just not the same, its not as easy to apply and lashes look and feel kind of crunchy. This is so disappointing as I did love this initially. I have seen that Boots sell a cheaper mini version of this mascara, I may purchase that in future as I did love They're Real but would not be overly happy at spending £18.50 on a mascara that dried out so quickly again. Please Benefit sort this out!!!!!

on 1/1/2013 10:35:00 AM

My new HG mascara! Before discovering this I was pretty happy with my MaxFactor MasterpieceMax as It did the job of giving me long, full lashes. But that was until I met "They're Real". I'm not that easily pursueded by sales assistants, or at least I would like to think so, but the SA tried this on me when I went to buy lipgloss and she even applied it on top of my mascara I already had on and then showed me in the mirror. After examining my eyelashes I was like "Wow! Did I even have eyelashes before?", because the difference was so dramatic. This mascara is amazing! You use the brush first to coat the lashes and thicken them and then the little ball at the end to make them ridicolously long. I like my eyelashes really thick as well and this one is really buildsble. It does stay on well too and only downside is how hard it is to remove at night because it is so hard wearing. Everyone always asks me what mascara I use or if they are fake, to which I respond "no, they're real" ;) haha

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a good mascara for me for everyday. I say this because it is fast drying, so as mentioned by a couple of other reviewers here, I can only really get a couple of coats on before it dries. Sometimes this is good because I have the unusual habit of sometimes sneezing after my makeup is done--I know, weird--so a slower-drying mascara sometimes leaves smudges under my eye and on my lids. I've also noticed that while benefit is very good at providing length, it doesn't give as much volume/thickness. For now, I might stick to my other go-to mascaras-- Lancôme Hypnose or Diorshow, to give me both volume and length. The brush is good at separating lashes, I'll admit.

on 12/31/2012 4:16:00 PM

Works well if you are a mascara know-how-to-apply-in-the-middle-of-the-night type of person. If you are good with this type of plastic brushes. I am a Benefit mascara fan because I wear contacts and Benefit's mascaras never irritate my eyes. Tens of other brands do their job well, but towards the evening I feel sand im my eyes whichever I wear today: Dior, Estee Lauder, Clinique, YSL etc.
But never with Benefit. I am somehow stuck with Benefit :)
I can give you a good piece of advice: buy it, but don't get annoyed when it's not applying as you expected for the first time. Be patient and you'll find your way. You'll be rewarded as the eyelashes look fantastic!

on 12/31/2012 3:32:00 PM

Meh. The only thing this mascara is really good for is as a 'top coat' over a different mascara that doesn't clump your lashes at all. Alone, you can't achieve more than one coat without having all of your lashes clump together into a few spider legs. And a single coat certainly doesn't achieve a false lash look. That said, it does work really well over a different mascara. I've tried it over CG Lash Blast and Cargo Lash Activator and it looks amazing. But on it's own... yeah, nothing special. And for the price, I really expect to be wowed.

Video Reviews & Tutorials