December 20, 2014 | 1249 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2012 8:18:00 AM More reviews by danbam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Excellent product - it adds length and volume without clumpiness. I particularly like the brush shape, which is fantastic for getting the little corner lashes! Will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by neeshaluvsmakeup212

This mascara is pretty good. It gives great volume and length without smudging or clumping. The only thing I didn't like was the price! M.A.C mascaras, which work much better are only 15 dollars! And this one is a whopping $22! It isn't worth the price. Also, a much better mascara would be the maybelline falsies or one by one which sell for $4-6. BIG DIFFERENCE from 4 to 22. i would say get the mac or maybelline.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Hasu

Wow my thoughts on this mascara have changed. When i first bought this mascara i really liked the length. So after i tossed it in my makeup drawer and decided to reach for it again. The length doesnt look so amazing like it did when i first got it. IMO a drugstore mascara does way more than this does.
It doesnt give any volume whatsoever so if u want volume, then just forget about this mascara. Save your money, and buy a drugstore mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by valeria1025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Its so interesting to read how different products work for different people. I just tried the Too Faced Better than False Lashes Nylon Lash Extension System. Despite all the good reviews, I HATED it. Its in my purse at this very moment to be returned.
...
However, I absolutely LOVE Benefit's They're Real Mascara! Stays on all day, no flaking at all, and gives my lashes ridiculous length and a good amount of volume. Plus, when I put it on, my lashes feel normal. Not at all gunky or coated or textured, like other products have done. And despite not being waterproof, it doesn't smudge one bit, even when washing off. In fact, it kind of just breaks apart and washes away, almost like the tube mascaras out there. This is nice for those days that I don't use eye makeup remover because all I have on is mascara. Also good for impromptu rain showers with no umbrella, unexpected tears, or last minute beach/pool plans. The lack of raccoon eyes in all those instances is a phenomenal benefit (ha!).
...
I uploaded a pic if anyone wants to see my results. I have decently long lashes with minimal curl. I don't use an eyelash curler at all though. In my pic, I'm wearing the mascara on both top and bottom lashes, 2 coats.
...
EDIT: I forgot to list the one con to this mascara. It dries out quickly. After a couple weeks I realized there was almost no product on the brush anymore. I solved this with about 2-3 drops of water added to the container. Inverted it a couple times and it was good to go and like new the next morning.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by vasya2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolute disaster.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Blue77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Only a great mascara if you have a lot of time to fiddle with your lashes. I have mixed feelings about this mascara. At first I hated it because my lashes were so clumpy and it takes the curl right out of them. On the other it does last a long time (I was nervous since it wasn't waterproof, but it stays on) and with two coats provides long, thick, dark lashes, just need to run a lash comb through them several times to separate the lashes. With only one coat it doesn't seem like my lashes are very thick. I'm bummed that if I curl my lashes before applying it will straighten them out instantly. I use a heated curler now after I apply mascara and that helps. All in all, it looks good after a lot of work, but since it takes so much time and is expensive I doubt I'll be buying it again.

Update: I continued to use the mascara since I had already purchased it, but when it started to run out I went back to my old tried and true brand and quickly remembered why I loved my old one so much: long, thick, dark lashes that hold a curl. I definitely won't buy They're Real again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 8:07:00 AM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok, so this is only the second day of me wearing this mascara, but I can't see me wearing it on the third. Firstly, I love the wand. Its medium sized and is not too big. Love the packaging. But that is were it ends. The formula is horrible, it gives me panda eyes after about 4 hours, and I cannot do more than one coat or I get spider look lashes - not good! And its really hard to get off. Oh, I wish I could return this but I don't think I can :o( What a waste of money........it was around 17 but I think the Collection 2000 5 mascara is 100 times better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by 8ubble6umpink

I got the mini size version to try it. I definitely like this mascara, it separates my lashes,lengthens, and holds the curl. I don't like that is not waterproof and that it does give me raccoon eyes at 5 hours of wear. I consider it good but I will not repurchase because I would like to try others, if others were not available then I would but it in regular size, I like it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have long but thin eyelashes and look for something volumizing in a product. They're Real doesn't disappoint! The formula does give my lashes a lift while separating them, however, the formula can clump and make lashes stick together if you aren't careful.
...
My favorite thing about this product is how long the formula lasts on my lashes. It doesn't say that it's a waterproof formula on the packaging, but it seems to last like one. I have oily skin and sometimes rub my eyes due to contact lens irritation, and this mascara keeps my lashes looking fairly fresh and dark throughout the day with almost no flaking or fading! It also keeps my lashes looking curly.
...
As for the brush, it works like many of the other rubber-bristle mascara brushes out there. The rounded, spiky tip is an interesting feature, but I honestly don't get that much use out of it. You do have to wipe off the excess product from the tip, as a disclaimer, but this goes for many other mascaras out there.
...
Overall, I already have long lashes, so most mascaras "work" for me. I really like the long-lasting formula and volumizing brush, but it didn't blow me out of the water or anything, which is why I'm not giving it a 5. Also, the spiky tip is a cool idea, but I personally don't find myself making much use of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by DiamondJewell

With one thin coat of this mascara I was pleasantly surprised how nice my usually short flat lashes were. It really did add a slight curl to my lashes aswell as thickness.. Anymore than one thin coat and I had the clumpy stuck together look going on. It is sooo hard to get off, with eye makeup remover im still struggling and because of this reason I don't think I'd re purchase. I think I'd like to try Badgal next though.