September 18, 2014 | 1724 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by kmod

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a nice foundation for combo/dry skin. The finish is dewy and the coverage is medium. I wear 115 and am very pleased with this foundation. A very pleasant surprise for a drugstore foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I found this foundation to have a very watery, runny consistency...gross. coverage was light/sheer & while i would probably like that during the summer months, the foundation felt like it slipped right off my face. i have combo skin (oily/dry) and even with moisturizing, priming & setting, this foundation was just determined to not sit on my skin. i really hate that it's not a pump foundation & i find myself having to dip my brush into the bottle which just seems unsanitary, even if it's my own personal brush & bottle of foundation. i did try applying this with several techniques and brushes. i used a general foundation brush, a MAC 187, MAC 188 & a foundation sponge. no matter how i applied this foundation, it just never looked good. if you're able to test this before you buy, i would definitely suggest doing so.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by princess101

I purchased this in the shade 210 (sandy beige) which is the lightest in the 200 shade range (medium skintone) as the shades in the 100 range (light skintone) were far too pink or peach for my yellow undertones. When compared side-by-side in the bottle to Mac Prolongwear NC25 it is almost an exact match. Fit Me has a slight more golden hue to it. This is a tad dark for me, due to my pale winter skin, so I apply with a damp sponge to sheer it out a bit, and top with a slightly lighter powder to compensate.

I find this to be very lightweight, blendable, with light to medium coverage and is somewhat forgiving if you've purchased a shade too light/dark (given that you apply with a light hand). While not terribly longlasting, I do have combo/oily skin and have found that if I mix with a primer (not on top of a primer) it lasts all day, with no oxidation. It does not emphasize any lines, dry patches and does not become cakey if layered. I do not notice any strong scent and it is not thick in consistency (like Revlon Colorstay).

This gives my skin a very natural look; almost similar to that of a tinted moisturizer. It evens out my skin tone, while allowing my faint freckles to show through. It has a slight dewiness to it, which I love. I will most likely wear this on a daily basis, and keep other liquid foundations with full coverage for nighttime use or photography.

Packaging is sleek in appearance but lacks practicality. The pour-top bottle can be messy, but I usually shake, open and dip a spatula into the bottle and place in a dish to be mixed with my primer anyway.

This can be found at most drugstores and retails for approximatly $10 CDN. Shades available (that I've noticed) are limited to 12 (4 Light/4 Medium/4 Deep) unlike the 18 shades in the US.

**Concealer and powder shades accompying this line are also limited in Canada.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by strangeaslife

I love the medium coverage of this product. I have a little un-evenness to my skin, some redness, and a few dark acne scars. This does a wonderful job of covering all that up while not making my face look caked on or unnatural. As others have mentioned, it even does a wonderful job of concealing dark circles - if I'm in a rush and don't have time to do concealer, in most cases (running out to the store, etc.) I feel fine with how I look after applying only this to my under-eye area.

The ONE thing about this that I don't like, and it's really a bummer that this might be the case... is that I think it's making me break out. I'm getting large, cyst-like pimples in areas that I haven't broken out in since I was in high school. Since my senior year of high school (and now I'm a senior in college), I've used Revlon's color-stay. Break-outs for me usually always coincide with fluxes in hormones during PMS. This isn't the case right now.

I love this formula so I want to think that it's not this makeup, but for the sake of my skin and my face... I think I need to admit it to myself! :(

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by AMD18134

I bought this yesterday and wore it to school today. I think the coverage is okay, but its a little too thin for what I'm looking for. I don't like wearing a separate concealer on my spots because either the concealer doesn't match the foundation or it doesn't last very long, and you can see the spots where I put it. Anyway, besides the coverage being a little to sheer, the color oxidized -_- (but then again, 99% of all the foundations I use do, since I'm yellow toned almost nothing works for me). I was kind of nervous that it wouldn't last on my cheeks where I have acne scarring so I used my Colorstay there, and the rest was this. It was a little more dewy than I'd like, but that was ok, but I didn't like the no-pump thing though. I might mix this with my Colorstay and put it in another bottle for this to be efficient... Ok enough rambling, overall I think this is an okay foundation, and I would buy it again if my scars fade & I have less to cover up, and if the price at wal-mart stays the same (around $7) lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by joshnuresh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i was skeptical about this product. i have heard so many complaints of this product. things i have heard about this foundation are :
a) the greasy look
b) wears off real easy
c) it oxidizes to an orange look (well i heard this from ginabina on youtube)
d) it transfers real easy
e) and the lack of pump feature
f) light coverage

so lets see wht i think:
a) the greasy look? not so much. u might get tht if u cake it on but if u use a small pea size amount, it should look not greasy. i would say it has more of the dewy look if anything. but i can imagine this working not so well with oily skin though.
b) definitely stood my 12 hr test. and it look just like how i applied it. prolly got a little shinier but nothing gross.
c) didnt oxidize on me! thank god. i was so worried about tht!
d) well tell me which foundation doesnt transfer? but its not tht bad.
e) yes!!!!!! i hate the lack of pump. i always waste some amount of foundation cuz theres no pump.
f) definitely not light coverage. i would say medium-full

all in all, i love foundation. i dont know yet if its my hg, but pretty damn close. i think its best for dry skin, oily skin i dont know for sure

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by J_cool

I was surprised to see this seemingly upscale foundation at my drugstore with no visible name or brand, just numbers. It served as a mystery to me, because it featured no claims, no promises, nothing to woo me. Could it be that good? Intrigued, I approached the set of bottles and small sample vials and found that it was Maybelline's latest foundation formula: "Fit Me" foundation.

I smoothed a sample on my skin and found that it looked quite flattering and seemed to have a bit of glow and proper coverage. I snatched up 220 ( a creamy medium beige with noticeable hints of yellow) and went home.

In terms of coverage, it's comparable to a heavy tinted moisturizer - nothing too opaque, nor too light. It does a nice job of evening the skin and offering a healthy glow. I'd say that this is a light-medium foundation. Only one layer looks nice. If I were to try and "build" up with the coverage, it would smear and get pretty messy, which brings me to why I wouldn't recommend this foundation to those seeking matte/semi-matte/satin, long-lasting, "performance" foundations.

"Fit Me" provides a smooth, radiant finish, however, it does get overly oily and will eventually fade and come off on to anything it comes into contact with within... one hour... maybe two. If you are oily and dare to try it, use a primer underneath, because this will bring attention to pores. If you like something that lasts, this isn't it.

Although it offers a nice glow to the face, the colors are a wee bit flat and and seem to flatter those with beige undertones. There are some foundations that start off fresh, pigmented, bright and true to color, but eventually get muddy and dull. This is one of them.

If I were to recommend this to some one, it would be one who desires light-medium coverage, has normal-dry skin, and who doesn't care whether the foundation can last for hours on end. For someone oily and who wants coverage and performance wear, I'd definitely pass this one up. Maybelline's "Superstay Foundation" is the one to consider over this if you want like a more polished look. This befits some one seeking a semi-transparent, "fresh makeup look," wanting only a bit of glow and to blur minor imperfections.

24 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by girrl65

When this came out, I went to check out the display in the store and the lightest they had was the 115, which was what I thought the lightest shade was. Of course, that is too dark, and I passed on the line. The other day, however, I happened upon another display at another store and they had a 110! I took it over and compared it to what I currently use, L'Oreal True Match W1. Wondrously, it matched! So, I snatched it up because its so hard to find pale pale DS foundations. I used 110 for the first time today and I'm really pleased with it. I noticed that the formula is thicker than my L'Oreal foundation and it also has a slight floral scent, which I think is unnecessary. I have been wearing it for five hours with a primer, lotion, and serum underneath and it is still matte without any touchups. I've noticed some people complaining about how this goes down hill after wearing it for a while, but I really think you need to keep this and any other foundation touched up periodically during the day with loose powder if you really want it to look its best. I always did that with my L'Oreal foundation and I don't expect anything different from this. This foundation looks and feels just like what I've been using, and I think I will continue to buy this as long as I can find it. I have a feeling that not all stores carry it, so finding it may be an issue. Overall, I recommend this if you need very pale foundation. I applaud Maybelline for remembering those us of with a fair complexion. I've never had good experience with that brand in the past and always thought negatively of it, but I think I might be changing my opinion!
EDIT: I just wanted to add that I wore this from 8am until 7pm and only powdered lightly at about 2 or3pm. The foundation wore excellently! Those who are having difficulty with this need to try a primer or set the foundation more thoroughly with powder after they apply it.
EDIT AGAIN: I really am wondering what people are buying because this is NOT runny and it is NOT like a "tinted moisturizer." The consistency is kind of goopy and it provides medium coverage. Either they have very poor quality controls or everyone is quick to hate on this product because Maybelline has made very few decent products up to this point.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2011 8:57:00 AM More reviews by dovely

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I stumbled across this while I was looking for a light foundation or TM to replace an expensive one I had been using that was just not the right shade for me. I have dry and sensitive skin, and hate the feeling of makeup on my face.... so, basically I am picky. I usually go for natural products. I tried this on my hand, and loved the feel. I bought it in 120 and bought the concealer and powder. I have worn it one day and so far really like it. It does not irritate me, blends great and feels like I have nothing on. The color seems to be dead on. I do agree that it darkens a bit, but for me that is okay because it is a tiny bit to light when I first put it on. It seems to match my neck well (I hate when my face doesn't match my neck, especially because I have short hair). Overall, so far so good.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by MissKSansom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation out of the whim, I've never heard about it and never seen a commercial for it, I just liked the way they're packaged very pretty bottle so I went for it! I bought mine in Ivory 115 which turns out was too dark for me, I wore it to school since I walk around a lot and it has SPF but by the end of the school day my make up was runny, orange and shiny! It was horrible...never using it or buying it again. I actually gave the rest of it to my friend maybe it'll fit her better than me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No