October 30, 2014 | 1527 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by RoseVie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is light. I use my fingers for application and it is flawless! Looks just like skin. Not greasy. I use shade 220 and it's a perfect match although I can see myself using this shade in the summer when I'm more tan -- or perhaps I might need to purchase a shade darker. I'll see. Overall, I will definitely repurchase.

UPDATE!!!: I don't think I will be repurchasing this foundation. It's not good for combination to oily skin. I want to like this foundation, but you will be an oil slick mess after a few hours .. :( oh well...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by NightOwl96

This stuff is awesome! I saw it at Targetfor $6.99 and I got the shade 135. I was skeptical because I thought it would not have enough coverage. I was totally wrong. This foundation is sheer enough that my skin can breathe through yet it has enough coverage to give me a smooth complexion and it helps reduce the redness on my cheeks. I put a little bit of this foundation under my eyes to help brighten and it is does not sink into the fine lines. This foundation gives me such a natural finish. I love it! Would totally repurchase!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 9:25:00 AM More reviews by VickiD1113

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I saw this foundation priced at $6.86 at my Walmart, I figured why not try it for that price? Had a $1.00 off too. The wrist "shade matcher" in front of the display is worthless, I'll say that right upfront. If you go by that, you'll definitely pick the wrong shade.

I have a light/medium olive skin tone with a slight yellow undertone, so foundations are tricky for me. I tried shade # 220 on my wrist & it matched pretty well in that unflattering fluorescent lighting, so that's the shade I bought.

Yesterday morning I used it for the 1st time, over my Garnier Ultra-Lift Pro moisturizer. First off, this bottle needs a pump--enough said there!! Aside from the pump thing, I liked the way it went on (I use my fingers) & I like the way it blended easily. Coverage was very good in the areas where I have no issues, but I have slight rosacea on my cheeks & it does not cover the redness on it's own very well. Coverage is buildable however, without looking caked on.

It's creamy & easy to apply, shade was a pretty good match for me, it isnt shiney, not greasy, & I had no demarcation lines---at first---but about an hour after I applied it, it oxidized on me. Certain ingredients in moisturizers will cause your foundation to oxidize/turn orange, so I cant blame it on the makeup itself, until I try it with another moisturizer I have.

I do think I need to go one shade darker, as the 220 was a bit light. I will say this, if you have yellow undertones as I do, this shade is a very good choice. I'll buy the next shade up & try that, before I decide if I'll keep either one, or buy it again/continue to use it. I'd like to try the pressed powder as well, to see if that helps with the oxidation issue.

Attention MUA: Please consider leaving a "maybe" as a choice in your drop down menu, when asking us if we'll buy a product again.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2011 2:23:00 AM More reviews by ilybella

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Shade range is amazing but product was not for me. As an NC40-42 & a MUFE HD 153, shade 310 was the closest to me. But with oily skin, I found it quite oily for my taste. Some say "dewy" but with oily skin, I say would pass. The packaging is nice and sleek but with no pump leaves it as a neutral in my book. The availability and price are the only perks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by luvsbrdeddragns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm pretty impressed with this! And I'm a total foundation WHORE. LOL The coverage is pretty good; better than I expected, without looking heavy or cakey. For a totally flawless, mannequin type of coverage, I apply MAC StudioFix powder over it. PERFECTION!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Suppie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

just got this product today in shade 220 at target, i'm a nc30 in the winter and nc35 in the summer ( just for people's reference ). the product gives you a great dewey look that can be matted down with some different type of powder. [ i don't recommend using the fit powder if you want a matte look, cause that'll just make your face look dewey-er ]

the coverage is a basically like a better coverage tinted moisturizer. it gives you a sheer to medium buildable coverage. shade 220 has a very yellow based undertone so if you'd layered on this foundation, it'd probably give you a very yellow face, which isnt a good thing, so shade 220 is hard to layer, unless you're into the whole "yellow faced tannish look' which i dont find very pleasing. if you just put on a layer of this foundation, you'll have a wonderful natural, dewey look which is totally worth 7 bucks. wow! 7 dollars for a foundation? since when did drugstore foundation become so affordable again?!

the packaging is very elegant and sleek, only downfall, theres no pump, but i'm so used to revlon's colorstay to control how much foundation i need for my face anyway, but this product would be amazing with a pump.

so overall, the foundation was a hit for me! i dont see myself returning anytime soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by RaShell

I adore this product. In general I hate foundation especially liquid foundation, simply because it would make me feel..I guess fake? Like I had painted on an extra layer that wasn't even the right color. Before this product all I was using was a concealer and a powder. But this product is light, comfortable, natural, and it matching my skin! I am a 110. I stipple this on with a stippling brush, blend it, put concealer on my pimples and than apply powder. Flawless.
I recommended this to anyone looking for a light foundation because that's what this is very very light and natural.

The only downfall is by the end of the day I tend to look a tad bit oily but I just apply more powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Luckyom08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation.I have never actually bought a foundation. I always go for tinted moisturizers because my face is really even. I rarely want to cover it up with foundation. I think of foundation being thick, and trying to cover everything up. I just need a little something for those blahh days where I just want to cover up lightly. This was an impulse buy because Maybelline hadn't even started advertising it. The packaging was just so classy with its glass bottle. It reminds of high end ones, but this one was less than $10. I really like it, it has bulidable coverage, yet can be really light. As long as you don't need anything more than medium coverage, go for it. This review might not be the most trustworthy because I really don't have any experience with foundations. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by sjc11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was attracted to this foundation because of how good the packaging looked. It was new on the market and I've always had good luck with Maybelline, so for about $6, I had no reason to NOT give it a chance. I'm usually unable to buy foundations from drugstores because I'm so fair and the lightest shades typically oxidize throughout the day and leave me looking more like I'm trying to hide my fair skin than flaunt it, which is not the case at all. So I bought the lightest shade of this foundation, and I've been choosing it over all my other foundations since. The color is great for me, it spreads well, I love the finish, for $6 it's such a steal! My skin is weird. It's oily and acne-prone, but I'm on a regimen that makes it dry and flaky so throughout the day it's oily and flaky...which is TERRIBLE. But this foundation doesn't dry me out and doesn't enhance my flakes, but I'm not an oil slick after using it either. Basically, I love it and I'll definitely be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 5:06:00 AM More reviews by xoanac

I ran out of my MAC studio fix fluid(NC30) and before i purchased another, I wanted to give this foundation a shot. I have combo skin. I purchased it at Target for 6.99 in the shade 310. I LIKE this foundation. It has good medium coverage and is buildable. It has a soft smell that doesn't bother me. The only bad this is that it leaves my skin a bit over dewey, NOT greasy, so I know I will have to touch it up later in the day. I have to use my powder a bit more than usual to set it. I used my Sonia Kashuk flat top brush to apply. DO NOT use a lot at once, it is a little runny and will be hard to blend if too much is applied. If you do happen to put too much, use a make-up wedge to pick up and blend out the excess foundation. Overall for 6.99, this foundation is great :)

I wouldn't recommend for oily skin.