Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 9/7/2008 12:53:00 AM

This primer is great its as good as UDPP but for me its much better i have kinda dry lids and i feel this has a better holding power then UDPP this works great for people with dry lids because i felt that the UDPP is to dry for my lids also the package its way better overall i love it!

on 9/5/2008 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have been a fan of UDPP for quite some time, then moved on to Artdeco e/s base, which was amazing. Now I've been using TFSI with great results, and I couldn't be happier, because the Artdeco one is hard to find, while UDPP tends to make my e/s difficult to blend, and the end results seems rather dry.
TFSI lasts as long as the others on me. No creasing, and my shadow does not disappear or migrate. The tube is hygienic and easy to use, and the product itself is creamy, spreads easily over the lid, and does not interfere with the blending of the e/s. You only need a pin sized amount for each lid.
Overall I like this e/s primer the best.

on 9/3/2008 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is very similar to UD Primer Potion, of course. I have been using both to try figure out which one I like better, but I still can't decide! They are almost exactly the same except that Shadow Insurance lets you blend shadows a little better, but they both hold eye makeup on awesomely. Shadow Insurance has better packaging than the impossible UDPP bottle, but I'm still undecided. I guess I'll just continue to alternate and then rebuy whichever I like better when they run out :)

on 8/28/2008 12:02:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was drawn to this because it was touted as being as good as UDPP but with the added bonus of much better packaging.
In some areas it exceeds UDPP; the previously mentioned packaging issue (the squeeze tube is so much more sanitary & there's less waste), it makes blending your shadows far easier than UDPP, feels lighter & less drying on the eyelids than UDPP.
It doesn't seem to hold up quite as well as UDPP, after a few hours I get a small amount of creasing on the inner corners of my eyes with TFSI. The outer eye area holds up just fine though.
Having played around, I've found that applying a very light layer of powder before TFSI makes all the difference for me. Wear-time is prolonged by a considerable amount. Now that I've discovered this little trick, I'm quite happy to carry on buying this over UDPP.
EDIT - This has definitely left my UDPP in the dust. I'd been using this exclusively for several weeks when hubby pointed out that I hadn't been complaining of weeping, stinging eyelids for a while. I've stopped using UDPP completely now & haven't had the problem since. HG for my poor suffering eyes.
EDIT - 17/02/2010: I've been using the new UDPP in Eden & it blows this out of the water. Even though it's still a great primer, it does crease where as Eden doesn't. Have taken another lippie off.

on 8/28/2008 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This product is amazing! My eyeshadow lasts all day, with no creasing whatsoever. It doesn't feel greasy, and I only need the tiniest amount. I'm hooked for life!

on 8/27/2008 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

While this works just as well as as UDPP, I find that the packaging is better.You know how much is left, unlike with UDPP's "genie" bottle. I also prefer to apply my primer with a concealer brush instead of the wand (the UDPP comes with.)

This product also works well for "faux" foiling with loose e/s pigments or mineral makeup e/s. ("True" foiling is done with water or a liquid mixing medium.) Place a little bit of SI in a dish, sprinkle a little e/s on top, mix with a synthetic bristle (e/s or concealer) brush and apply. (You may need to experiment with the amounts of SI and e/s until you get the desired results.)

on 8/22/2008 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Wow, this is only my second review after being a MUA addict for a year, but I really wanted to write and say how much I absolutely love this product! I've used UDPP, and was only happy with it for about a week....although it definitely made my eye shadow last all day, it emphasized every bit of aging my 41 year old eyelids have undergone to this point. So my eyelids looked very crepey but nicely shadowed all day!! What I love most about the Shadow Insurance is that I haven't sacrificed the wear of the shadows for the appearance of my eyelids. It's not that the TFSI hides crepey-ness, but it just doesn't emphasize it the way the texture of the UDPP does. And yes, there is no comparison between the two packaging systems...the squeezy tube wins hands down. I can't imagine buying any other shadow primer again as long as this is on the market.

on 8/20/2008 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

It works as well as UDPP to keep me crease-free, but doesn't dull down my shadows! Yay for TFSI! 8-)

on 8/20/2008 7:37:00 AM

Love this stuff. Somehow I feel this spreads better than UDPP. Makes e/s last.

on 8/20/2008 12:09:00 AM

I have used this for a week and consciously compared to UDPP, the only primer I have used for a year. Here are my conclusions: they are essentially the same in performance, but less product is needed with TFSI to achieve the same effect, and the packaging is perfection, whereas....well---- we all already know about the genie bottle and the disappearing potion. Hooray! Another fabamundo primer option!