July 23, 2014 | 1934 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2008 1:34:00 AM More reviews by frenchie_cutay

well im gonna have to say boo on this one- dont get me wrong if UDPP didnt exist I would be satisfied with but its just not as good. Its more gentle ill give you that and some nights getting my shadow off with UD was tough, but with SI I just dont get the staying and intensity as UD. I could tell especially at the end of a 10 hour serving shift and there was hardly any trace of my shadow left. Like I said not terrible but deff had to hit sephora and buy another PP. I might go back and forth depending on the staying power I need that day!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2008 7:21:00 PM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always used UDPP (Urban Decay Primer Potion) and after branching out to new eyeshadow brands I noticed it didn't blend as well. It would always leave harsh lines and I'd always have to pack on more shadows on to my brush just to blend it out. I also have oily lids so I always needed to use a secondary base like MAC Paint Pots just to keep my shadows from fading and creasing :( With Too Faced it makes blending heavenly!!! Plus the staying power is superb! Way better than UDPP! I did a before and after demonstration between UDPP and Too Faced, let's just say Too Faced passed with flying colors! :)

You can find my demo review here: http://ilurvemakeup.blogspot.com/2008/05/demo-udpp-vs-too-faced-shadow-insurance.html

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2008 11:17:00 AM More reviews by FizzyPop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am so impressed with this eyeshadow primer! I have very oily eyelids and didn't think anything could work as well as UDPP but TFSI is even better! Firstly, it comes in a tube rather than an annoyingly shaped and wand applicator and whereas UDPP has a tendency to dry out my eyelids, TFSI is more moisturising. Secondly, it is MUCH easier to blend eyeshadows using TFSI, I find it very difficult to blend when using UDPP as a base! Lastly, the lasting power of TFSI is amazing, I applied my eyeshadow at 7am this morning and it still looks perfect now after 9 hours, no creasing or fading! I love this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2008 10:21:00 AM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this eyeshadow primer b/c Urban Decay's was out of stock at Sephora. I have never used Urban Decay's before, but the SA at Sephora recommended this one as a good replacement. Well, she was right!!! I love this product and I will keep repurchasing it, although, you need so very little of this that one tube will last me forever. First of all, this product is, in my opinion, perfect regardless of whether you wear eyeshadow or not. Even though it's pale skin colour when it comes out of the tube, it goes on clear, or just perfectly slightly tinted so you get that rested no vein look of your eyes, but if you are tanned or use sefl tanners (like I do), it doesn't look chalky or white. I have tried this with my most intense smokey eye look as well as just liner and pencil, and it works regardless of the look! The eyeshadows, liners, highlighters, concealers - everything stays put in place and no creasing. I tend to have greasy eyelids and this mattifies them and keeps them "dry" all day. What I also like about this primer is the consistency when you put it on. Some primers tend to be too thick and pull your eyelids when you are putting them on, but not this one. It goes on very easy, has almost a "silicony" feel to it, yet turns into a perfect mat canvas. I honestly can't say enough good things about this primer, I even use it underneath my eyes occasionally, underneath my concealer, when I need to ensure that my concealer stays PUT and mascara or liner on my lower lids don't smudge or run. Definitely HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2008 10:18:00 AM More reviews by tijanarm

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2008 2:16:00 AM More reviews by airkissed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG eyeshadow primer! Love this stuff to bits. I have oily lids so that made every single shadow that touched my eye crease. Not even MAC Paint Pots were durable enough to use as a base for me. Sine Urban Decay isn't available in Canada, I can't compare the two. The consistency is liquidy and beige. It need a couple second to dry and an even application because it is so easy to miss some spots due to it thin texture. Other than that, this baby is gold. Eyeshadows are still blendable on top of this and vibrant. This makes my eyeshadow last my 8 hr school day, in any type of weather. Def. repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Electrogirl

I have a new HG for eyes, and believe me, I don't say that lightly. My skin is quite oily and eyeshadow would always turn into a greasy, faded mess by mid-afternoon. I considered UDPP when I was in Sephora, but that bottle? Totally inefficient. A couple MUAers recommended Shadow Insurance, so I bought that instead.

Today's test run: Spread a teeny dab on each lid and waited for it to dry. Started in with eyeshadow. I was shocked to see how much better my base shade shows up! When I rubbed my eyes lightly, only a bit of shimmer (courtesy of the Stila I applied as a wash, no doubt) came off. None of the olive or brown I used on the lid and crease budged. As of 3:30, after a nap, my eyeshadow was still in place. No oilies on the lids. Even after a shower, some of my eye color is still in place! Not all of it, but there's still definitely color. Where I put it, not running all over. Wow. This was a short I-gotta-wash-my-hair shower, but still.

Shadow Insurance is now a must-have in my makeup box. Thanks for pointing this gem out to me, MUA!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2008 7:17:00 PM More reviews by kareygirl

I've used UDPP for about a year now and was very impressed with how that made my shadow stay on without creasing. I was never thrilled with the packaging of that product and decided to try shadow insurance. At first squirt, it came out of the tube very watery. I thought, what the heck...I'll just rub that on the lid and see what happens. It did the job nicely. I've used it once mind you, so I'm a newbie to this but believe it will easily replace the UDPP when I run out of my current tube and 2 backups. I believe I will use it sometimes jus to see how it holds up in the middle of summer when my lids are really oily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2008 6:13:00 PM More reviews by animalsrbetterthanpeople

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

UPDATE: After reading a couple of negative reviews for this wonderful product, had to put my two cents in in hopes that it would help. With "shadow insurance", you don't have to pile it on. A nice thin coat works best. Also, it's essential to wait until the product has thoroughly 'set" on the eyelid before applying your shadow. I usually put this on right before my face moisturizer and let both set for about four to five min. before applying foundation and eyeshadow. I hope those who didn't like this product will give it another chance, as when it's properly applied, I think it is HG, at least for me. I have previously used the UDPP, and it not only was hard to remove, made my eyelids itchy, and made them look more crinkley than they actually are. Very, very drying to the skin. (UDPP). Just my opinion, for what it's worth. If Shadow Insurance can stand up to the heat and humidity in FL without creasing, what more could you want?

I used to use UD primer potion, but it really irritated my lids, so I had to stop. This product if far superior on so many levels. Number one, the applicator is more sanitary, number two, nothing and I mean, NOTHING, has ever allowed me to wear eyeshadow an entire day (and evening) in hot, humid, muggy, weather without creasing, number three, it does not change the color of your eyeshadow, but it ENHANCES it, i.e. it makes it look more vibrant, and last but not least, my very sensitive eyes can tolerate it. Also, I remember when I wore UD primer potion, it was very difficult to remove, and TF Shadow Insurance is not.
I will never be without this product again and need look no further for a product that delivers what it promises. In my opinion, the best shadow primer on the market and very deserving of its name. I usually wear Smashbox eyeshadow, which have a lovely texture, but I've noticed since wearing this primer that these shadows go on even smoother, colors look more similar to what they do in the pot. I can't say enough good about this product. Kudos to whoever came up with this excellent formula.
UPDATE: I'm still amazed at this product. As one who has NEVER been able to find a shadow primer that lives up to its name, this is IT. Hotter than hades, muggy, today, and absolutely NOT ONE IOTA of a crease in my eyeshadow after wearing it all day and spending a good deal of time outdoors. Normally, my eyeshadow will just "melt" off of my eyes, and the crease will be very prominent. This beats UD potion to he** and back, at least for me. I hope Too Faced never discontinues or messes with the formula of this product. It's perfect as is, and there aren't too many things that you can say that about these days. GREAT PRODUCT. Will use it till I croak or am too old to see my eyes to apply shadow :>) .

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2008 5:13:00 PM More reviews by jeri55

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh I wanted to like this. UDPP is the most perfect product ever, but I can't stand the packaging and I don't want to cut up that stupid genie tube in order to get most of the product out. But Shadow Insurance failed test after test miserably for me. I kept trying for weeks, because after comparing the ingredient list, it seemed so very similar to UDPP that I kept hoping it would perform close enough to work! But nope - not even close. It creased within a half-hour, while UDPP will last through the day for me, except in extreme conditions. In this case, similar ingredients do not equal similar performance at all. I'm back to Primer Potion, but I've still got my fingers crossed that Urban Decay will switch their packaging to a nice, simple, sanitary squeeze tube.