L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 4/1/2010 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is one of the worst foundations I have used. You have to have nearly flawless skin to use this product, so if you need any degree of coverage, don't bother. It feels strange when applying this, like a mix of greasiness but dry at the same time. It seemed to settle into fine lines and doesn't have lasting power at all. I love Paula Begoun's reviews, but she was way off with this one, I would not recommend for oily skin. Also, the sun coverage is not great, although it has spf 17, it has to actually stay on your skin to provide coverage. The one day that I used it to provide sun protection, within an hour it was off of my face so there went my sun protection, I was sunburnt.

on 4/1/2010 5:50:00 AM

This was my first foundation and I loved it, the only problem was it slipped off really quickly, otherwise, it was perfect, the formula was lovely, no caking or masking and the colour was perfect. =]

on 3/31/2010 4:49:00 PM

I had all out given up on foundation. I am naturally blond and have more than my fair share of pink and red tones.

I can see the potential problem people are citing about it being a mask. I dab a little on my face and blend with my moisturizer and I haven't had any problems with caking or mask-like qualities.

When I started using this product, I started receiving compliments for having nice skin - something that had never ever happened before as I suffered from acne. This product does not make me break out. It does a good job of evening out my tone.

I would buy again and recommend to friends looking for a switch.. but if you're looking for sun protection, I wouldn't rely solely on your foundation.

on 3/29/2010 12:54:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I loove this foundation! I'm really fair so most light foundations never match my skin, but this one does. It blends well and lasts longer than any other product I've tried. I hate that I waited so long to use it! I'm just not crazy about the packaging...if it came in a pump or something I think it would be a lot more useful, but I'm not complaining.

on 3/27/2010 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in N2 because the shop had sold out on N1. I bought this because Dita Von Teese said she uses it- don't know the truth in it really. It's quite a good foundation however it gave a slightly powdery feel afterwards. Good coverage- quite masky I suppose. Lasts all day. However its not a miracle foundation and I don't think I'd buy it again- its just abit too chalky.

on 3/25/2010 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I really think I have used this enough to give an informed review on it as a l'oreal makeup enthusiast. There have been several versions of the foundation: an oil free (currently on the market), one with spf and one that wasn't oil-free. The last version is a thing of the past, oily girls will obviously be an oil slick. I made this mistake wearing it in Florida, thinking it was oil-free. I looked terrible at a birthday party in Florida. I am generally not a fan of liquid foundation. In the dead of the cold fall, I kind of like this. It works SO much better in conjunction with the powder, they just go hand in hand. Seperately, the products are not half as good as they are together. it gives a nice airbrushed finished look which seems to agree with cold weather for me. maybe because liquid tends to melt on me when its warm outside. I like to use c3 powder and n6 foundation. i have been known to go really light and play up my paleness with the foundation in c3. n5 works good too. I always like to use the powder in c3..i SWEAR in late 2009 i picked up one of these and they still carried the old formula which did NOT claim it was oil free. i bought it by accident...it turned me into a grease ball in florida

on 3/24/2010 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

i really love the concept of being able to easily find your shade in a ds foundation,i wish more ds companies would take this approach.all too often the foundation that seemed ok in the store comes out far too pink at home.
the formula,however,did nothing for me.i'm already very oily,this made it much worse.luckily it didn't break me out,but it was gone from my shiny face before half the day was done.
coverage was decent.
it might be great for someone with dry skin,but for me,i won't repurchase.such a shame because the color availability/easiness is awesome.

on 3/22/2010 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So overall this foundation is GREAT on someone, who DOESN'T have acne prone skin.
Before I used this foundation, my skin was normal, just one little zit once in a week, nothing more.
I was hypnotised by all the commercials and hype around ''foundations'', so I bought True Minerals (Liquid).
Well, after about two weeks, my skin broke out.
Badly.
Seriously badly.
I threw it away immediately.
But still after 3 months without using this, my skin is horrible.

Edit: It's December 2010, and my skin is getting better, I'm only using mineral powder foundation. My conclusion: the foundation is not bad, but liquid foundation is not for everyone. So be careful what you put on your skin!

on 3/21/2010 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I really wanted to like this. Unfortunately, I am too fair and too oily. Or something. It doesn't last long on me, it was a bit too dark to begin with (but I was hoping it would work!) and it turned orange as the day wore on. Not cool!

on 3/21/2010 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I do not like this! it does not cover and my skin feels very strange

Video Reviews & Tutorials