April 21, 2014 | 1037 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2009 12:06:00 AM More reviews by jemmaxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product dissapears right off my face.

The colours are gorgeous.

If only the staying power was better.

This was relatively expensive and the packaging can get messy.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2009 11:38:00 PM More reviews by jasminechen

I was so happy when I bought this, because it's so hard to find a foundation that truly match my yellow tone Asian skin. but after using it for a couple of times, it ended up in the trash.
I have normal skin, but this foundation made my skin so dry and some fine lines appear on my face if I use it.
but I think it might be good for oily skin or very young girls.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 1:57:00 PM More reviews by RaaachW

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The only foundation I have ever found that is a match for my skin because I am so pale.
Its not the best foundation I've ever used but it has pretty decent coverage and the fact that it matches my skin makes it a winner :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Glam1

Loreal has a good product on their hand. It does not irritate my skin or clog my pores.
In Canada its pricey but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by MorningStar13

I bought this product after reading in here that it matched MAC's NC15, and I have to say that I am pretty happy with it. I have pretty fair skin, but I tan easily and don't want to spend a fortune buying a lot of different tones for throughout the year. I also have pretty oil skin on my t-zone, and even when I repowder with a powder, I don't get zits or a cakey look. The onnly complaint I have is the price. In Canada, it was 13,99 at Superstore. It's a little more than I would have liked to pay, but still. If you are looking for a good dupe for MAC's NC15, this is one of them!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by herediagno

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This may be the best foundation I've tried, and I've paid a lot for some. I'm a C4. My skin tends to be dry, and I'm not that young, so I was hesitant to try an oil-free formula, but this stuff is just magical. Blends great, feels very light but has amazing coverage... so much so that I am skipping the concealer step, as another reviewer mentioned. Looks natural and fresh. Can't say enough good things about this product, which cost less than $10. Will definitely buy again and may try other products from the same line.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 3:18:00 AM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

I HATE THIS! Okay, I'm a light olive complected lady and none of the colors in this line match! There are better products both more and less expensive that match better to various skin colors than this!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2009 3:11:00 AM More reviews by 0heather0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Finally, a foundation that matches my skin color!

I've searched for years to find the right color for me. Everything from MAC to Estee Lauder to dermatologist brands, nothing would match my fair skin because the lightest colors always have way too much pink for me, and everything else is way too dark. I needed a very fair color that was just neutral, not pink based.

I love the fact that this makeup is divided into warm, neutral, and cool colors. Why don't most makeup brands do it like this!? Anway, L'Oreal True Match color N1 (Soft Ivory) is a near perfect match for me. It's a nice neutral fair color with more yellow tones than most ivory shades. I also tried W1, which is a bit lighter than N1 and looked too pasty-white on me.

It's more liquid-y than other thicker foundations like Revlon Colorstay. It takes some blending at first, because with the liquid-y consistency, it gets a bit streaky and takes a minute to dry, but it sets to a super smooth finish. (I use a MAC 188 brush, that helps). It has really healthy and radiant color, no flat/masky look. The coverage is very nice, I'd say medium buildable. I don't need to use concealer at all with this, not even under my eyes. It doesn't get shiny on my oily t-zone, but it gets a slight dewy look, which is actually really nice.

The bottles are really cute. I love the fact that they're clear glass, and the design is really simple and clean. It does have a pour top instead of a pump, but it's easier to pour than most foundations because the top is very short and flat, so you can see exactly how much is coming out.

I love this stuff. I think it's way underrated. I actually kind of look forward to putting it on. Having something that truly matches my skin color is really comforting, the texture is really pleasant, and the bottle is so cute!

Edit-- one thing about this foundation, it rubs off easily if you touch your face, so I took a lippie off for that. It is not a long wearing foundation. However, if I don't touch my face it stays looking great, and I'm still loving the color match!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Braegah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Once I finally accepted the fact that #1- I have “laugh line” and #2 – nothing I can buy is going to make them go away or cover them up, I fell love with this foundation. I was able to determine the best match for my skin tone on L’Oreal.com, and bought the right shade on the first try. It melts into my skin and provides great coverage. The SPF-17 will also help prevent more “laugh line” (who came up with that one, anyway?) I do have to set it with powder, or else it’s a bit too dewy for my tastes. Overall, it’s a great foundation; I don’t even want to try anything else. The only drawback is no pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by missmopar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

-method of application: liquid foundation brush (sponge to smooth out any streaks). I apply it from the amount I pour on the back of my hand, and set it with the True match compact powder (used a brush, not the sponge it comes with)
-coverage: medium to full: buildable, started with light application all over and added to my desired level of coverage.
-scent: didnt notice any, as long as it doesnt smell bad, i'm ok with it
Overall, I though it was a good foundation. I have dry skin so I have to moisturze b4 I can apply any makeup. I love how Loreal categorizes its colors by warm, neutral, and cool undertones. That made finding my shade (W2) easy. I like foundations with good coverage and dont make my skin look dry, powdery, or too matte. However, I cant seem to wash it off the back of my hand or face lol. I guess that might not be bad if you live in humid weather, but I had to use a bar of hand soap tp take it off! I would say its good for the price and if you dont mind the fact its hard to wash off, try it.