July 30, 2014 | 1892 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of the MANY foundations I tried while hunting for the perfect foundation. I used the color selector to help me find the "right" shade which was W3. Once applied, it was too light. I also did not like the finish or that it accentuated my pores. The only good thing was that it blended very easily. I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2009 8:27:00 AM More reviews by annnieeA

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use to not to wear make up at all like just plain natural until last year i started breaking out crazy during vacation and ever since after that.
i'm a performer so i have to wear make up now, and i needed help so i asked lady at the counter and yeah she told me true match would be good for my dry skin, which is a lie. if you have acne .. like an hour later you wear the make up and look close it makes it look REALLY patchy, and sometimes it even kinda dries out my pimple which makes it nasty looking
at FIRST, this foundation was so good for me although it didnt last long when i use it for stage makeup, but just regular days it worked good
but after a month so ish, it started getting suckier every single time .. actually the founddation doesnt even last that long anymore, more like a half hour. which makes me really pissed cause i have a lot of blemishes.
packaging, sucks like hell. I have a feeling that some of the foundation got dried up in there :/

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Elsii121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I give this product a 4.5.
-It does not break me out
-wide range of colors.
-When I apply it to my skin it looks and feels soft. It does not look as if I am wearing make up. Blends in wonderfully!
the only small prob I have is its packaging. The bottle is cute but I would rather have something that pumps.
-It does not come in my color/tone so I have to blend N6 and N7 together. But when I tan N7 is perfect. I would recommend this product and re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2009 2:16:00 AM More reviews by MsFeli89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation just to try it and i was not impressed. I got cakey after hours and when i first apply it, it comes out kinda of blotchy. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2009 1:46:00 AM More reviews by yayitsanne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Decent drugstore foundation. I would give it a 3.5 if I could. I get oily about halfway through the day, but that happens to me in the summer with any foundation and blotting papers take care of that. I get medium coverage with this: it covers any redness and imperfections and looks natural, but polished. It doesn't feel heavy on. I've found it looks best when applied with a brush like the 187 or 109 and set with a powder. My one complaint would be that it transfers more easily than say, MAC studio fix fluid, and can end up looking blotchy after a few hours. Personally, I think the little bottle is cute, so the packaging doesn't really bother me. As far as color, it's summer so I'm darker than normal, but right now W4 matches my NC30ish skin perfectly.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2009 1:37:00 AM More reviews by bueller6426

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Depending on the look you want this product can be right or very wrong. In my opinion in covers TOO much, giving the MAC affect ( I personally like to be able to see a little texture and natural skin variants). Use sparinglyand it could be a decent product. Perhaps try mixing for better color control? I definitely would not recommend this product for summer, it would melt right off and I think its not moisturizing enough for harsh winters- so only good for moderate weather and little activity. Its an ok product, just not right for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Niya

At first I was unsure about this product and would frequently bypass it in the drugstore. But, I recently purchased it and wow, this is truely an amazing line. If you go on the Loreal website, they have tools that show you which color range you fall in. I'm a C6. I'm not a huge fan of liquid ( I pefer creme) but once I used it I noticed that it blended extremely well, didn't get cakey and didn't make me overly shiny. The best tip would be to use the True Match powder to set the foundation and keep shine at bay. Also, I only perfer a sheer coverage so I don't use a lot of the product on my face. The only problem I really have is the packaging...it can be a little messy, but that's my only issue with this line.

UPDATE:
Scratch what I said above this product while it worked really well at first broke me out horribly...I'm not EVER purchasing this again...EVER!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2009 11:37:00 AM More reviews by J4YDER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't really know what to think of this product, I bought it because I have a very pale skin tone and the foundation looked light enough for me.
However, when I came home and tried it on my face it just didn't give me enough coverage that I was looking for and if I tried to build, it would make my skin tone a little darker, so I had to start using this with another foundation (stargazer light).
Those two together give a really good coverage, however concealer is still needed.
The true match on it's own goes on really well, it's really blendable like it says and it makes your skin really soft to the touch. It also didn't break me out.

I probably wouldn't buy this product again, because I could easily find something else that I would prefer, but if I happen to loose my clinique foundation, I wouldn't mind going back to this for the time being.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by hp20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i dont really like this not enough coverage for my liking and made me go a bit oily in the t zone even after botting !...although i have to say that the blending ability of this foundation is great and also the colour range is good ! so overall id say its ok

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2009 2:28:00 AM More reviews by pmegosh

Ok this transfers everywhere (poor people being hugged) if you don’t set it very very VERY well but being one of the few drugstore brands I found in my shade (somewhere around NC/NW15-20, I’M WEIRD) I’m sure you’ll find a shade that matches you! :-) By the way, I picked N2 from a local drugstore.
So far it hasn’t complicated my acne-prone combo skin, nor does it accentuate my imperfections… but it doesn’t hide them 100% if you don’t wear a good concealer underneath!

The coverage is light-medium but it’s creamy, I like the texture… I apply it with a sponge. The packaging, well, what did you expect for the price?