Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 2/1/2010 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

May work for some people, but not for me.
It smells terrible..I think it is supposed to smell floral, but it smells more like bug repellent. It does NOT hold a curl at all! I curl my lashes using Shu's eyelash curler before applying mascara and as soon as I apply this, the curl STRAIGHTENS out. So unless you have naturally curled lashes, this probably won't work for you. This does not make my lashes look any fuller even though it claims to be a volumizing mascara.
The only good thing about this mascara is that it does a decent job at lengthening.

on 2/1/2010 7:43:00 PM

I bought this product a while ago, and use it very rarely.
I find that it comes off the wand very unevenly and it often clumps my lashes. Not a good sign.
I also dislike the smell. It reeks of dandelions and chemicals. Ew.
I bought this because my mom accidentally recommended it to me, but after buying it and using it i found that she actually meant the CG LashBlast mascara (she said the 'yellow' mascara- CG is orange! How would i know the difference?) and i bought the wrong one!
It's not overly pricey, however- it's just a really crappy quality. It also makes my eyes itch. I rub my eyes, and then it all comes off onto my fingers. I HATE when that happens.
I prefer plastic wands as to fibre ones, because they separate your lashes rather than clump them, like this mascara did.

I use this mascara everyday. I have no complaints about it.

on 2/1/2010 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE IT IVE RECOMMEDED MANY TIMES AND EVERYONE LOVE IT

on 2/1/2010 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

It's a plain mascara.I have medium length lashes but rare,so all mascara makes them long but none makes them thick.I thought this will (colossal volume?) but it failed.It gives a little volume but for my lashes is not much,it lengthens them but i don't care about that.I think i'll just have to live with the idea that no mascara in the world will make them thick.
Plus it flakes during the day pretty bad.The smell is ok,not that strong.I use a lash curler before putting mascara on and this mascara just straightened them like i didn't even use a curler.Mine didn't dried up,even after 3 months (i don't use make-up often).

on 2/1/2010 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like to consider myself a mascara junkie. I've got a whole drawer filled with all different brands, colors, effects, etc. This is definitely my favorite mascara by far, even surpassing DiorShow! It really lengthens and thickens my already very long, very full lashes to the point where I can see a huge difference with one eye done and one eye still bare. It's very easily removed, and lasts me a long time. It also doesn't clump on me, even after several coats. For extra oomph, I top it with a touch of Voluminous in the black and gold tube on the ends, and bam! Faux lashes without the fuss! Worth every penny - and it's nice to save all that extra from DiorShow! I can buy two tubes of this!

I really love this mascara. It lengthens and thickens my lashes and I've found it actually doesn't clump even after several coats. It's also very buildable, so one coat can give very long natural looking lashes. I absolutely love the huge, thick brush which makes application very quick and easy. Also, I know some people have mentioned the bright yellow packaging, but personally I love this as I can always find it in my bag, and its the product itself that matters anyway! I have given this product four lippies as I would say it does dry out faster than some other mascaras, but for the price, I will just buy another one!

on 1/31/2010 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Bought this last week after I saw it for $5 at Walmart. It does what it says it's gonna do, which is thicken lashes. My eyes looked great after two coats. It even lengthened a little bit. It's easy to wash off with soap and water or makeup remover. HOWEVER....it clumps some, and it flakes a lot. By the end of the day, I had flakes all over my eyelid and under my eyes...blech! And to those sensitive to smell, it has a strong one, but it went away after the mascara dried. So, it's just okay. I won't be buying this again because I'll be trying something else.

I wasn't expecting a big WOW from this, but it did! I am always looking for mascaras, buying and trying, but none really work for me. This, however, gives me volume and thickness, which I find fascinating. The fact that if you do apply more then 3 swipes, I found, it does tend to clump the lashes together, but it really does it's magic. I intend to buy again.

This is the best mascara i've ever tried! It really thickens the lashes and creates lenght at the same time. Amazing. But the yellow container..... Umm not so much, it screams cheap. Looks like a toy-mascara.