Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like it. Like all mascaras, to me at least, the first month it makes my lashes clump together since the formula is so wet. But now, it's my 2nd month with it and I really like the performance.

It does get a few clumps, but it separates and thickens lashes really really well.
It CAN flake, which is a downer. But it doesn't feel really heavy like some can. I actually LIKe the rosey scent to it. I heard the waterproof one doesn't have those same problems, but I really don't waterproof since they're hard to take off.

The packaging is really bulky and not practical for the to-go makeup bag since it takes up so much space.
Overall, I like it, and I WOULD purchase it again, but I like to switch my mascaras and try out a lot out so I don't think I'll be returning to this until a long time.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

So I there was me thinking L'Oreal Volume Shocking was my HG mascara. Now I'm thinking it might actually be Colossal!

Colossal claims to be a volumising mascara and it most definitely lives up to it's claims .I curl my lashes as usual and after 3 coats of this mascara my lashes look longer and thicker with zero clumps. Colossal almost gives me a false lash effect.

The packaging is a bullet shaped tube. The tube however is bright yellow with purple writing which to me screams cheap, which is disappointing for such an amazing mascara.

The price is around 7-9 GBP which I feel is very reasonable for such a high performing mascara.

Will I repurchase? Yes!!! I will definitely repurchase over and over again.

I am fairly sure I have tried every masacra on the market and this one it the only one to cause some sort of allergic reaction on top of the facet that it did nothing to make my lashes more volumus.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great drug store mascara. Its not the cheapest for a drugstore but I think it really delivers on the volume that it gives with only one coat. You don't have to build up the mascara at all for a very full look. The brush is large with dense bristles so I find it hard to use on my lower lashes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a fairly good mascara, but it isn't as great as I had hoped. It's my everyday mascara, so I am continuously buying it... but I find it doesn't give my eye-lashes the volume I want for nighttime. It takes multiple coats for my lashes to be noticeably longer & voluminous. I also noticed that after awhile, something happens to the mascara inside the bottle. I'll take out the brush, and HUGE amounts of mascara will be wetly stuck to it. I don't know why this happens, but it's happened to two of mine and I can no longer use either. Overall, this is an average mascara.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I picked this up on sale and with a coupon at CVS for about $2, which was it's biggest appeal at the time. Since I love Maybelline's Volum' Express Turbo Boost, I thought this mascara would blow my mind. Wrong. This is a very average mascara, and it does next to nothing to volumize. My lashes are defined, but not at all the dramatic falsie look that I expected. The rose scent and the obnoxious neon yellow tube also annoy me, and I don't see myself repurchasing. I will be going back the other Volum' Express.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I think this is my holy grail mascara! Love it! For a natural look! Have it in Glam Black and Classic Black (no difference in color really) I can't wait till I try the waterproof one!! This is the first mascara I ever bought for my collection! :DD A deffinate favorite!!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This mascara is THE bomb!, I love it and it does the job well, volumizes and plumps the lashes leaving it looking amazing! I also love this for smokey looks because it intensifies the eyes with the instantly volumized lashes, Cons are it tends to clump a little and can get a little flaky but it's well worth it's price!
Overall I love this product and would totally repurchase this!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

It is an alright mascara. A little wet at first, but after 2 weeks it is alright. When I first saw it in a TV add, i was expecting it to give me a "fake lash effect". I bought it in glam black, i don't remember the price, when it first came out. I have long eyelashes, when i wear a simple mascara, like the great lash, it makes my eyelashes long enough to touch my eyebrows, so the length was alright after 2 coats. Volume is what I always look for in a mascara, and this one gave me decent volume after 3 coats. At the 4th, my eyelashes looked like spider legs. So yea... I've purchased it again, so I think it does a good a work.

I HATE IT. It makes my lashes stick straight... and it doesn't volumize like other great volumizing mascaras I've used before. BOO..

Popular Mascaras