December 28, 2014 | 2016 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Fashionhungry

This is frickenn amazing..I love it, best drugstore mascara I've ever used. It makes my lashes much thicker looking, it doesn't flake, I don't even curl my lashes and it makes them look curled. Other mascaras I've used I put them on, and my lashes look pretty, all separated and pointed and curled up..but then 20 mins later..they're just straight. This one keeps them long and curled looking all day. Loveeee it. I got it in a pack that came with 2 for $7 at Target 2 weeks ago...they might still have the deal..go check!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2009 2:00:00 PM More reviews by lgunt004

I have "barely there lashes." It lengthens and gives volume without looking to dramatic. Great for work.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2009 11:36:00 AM More reviews by GAnne

My friend was using this mascara and she said she really liked it so I bought it and have used it every since. It's been a year now, and I still get the colossal. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by tinyjumper

I really, really like this mascara. It doesn't clump, very pigmented, and it makes my lashes look nice, thick and long. My only issues with it are A) the smell - it smells very chemically and fake and B) I've had the opening part break off on two seperate bottles? It's kind of odd, but it hasn't happened recently. All in all, this is an awesome mascara for the price. I've tried many high end ones that don't even come close.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Roseandthorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for awhile now. They had a 2 for 1 deal so I figured I'd pick it up because I've never had a mascara that I've been wild about and figured I'd continue my search and try this. This stuff is pretty good, probably the best I've had. I've been using the same tube for a long time now and it still is not clumping or drying out (and I don't keep it in the fridge). It definitely adds a lot of volume and a little bit of length too, and I can use a ton of it and it doesn't look clumpy. The only bad thing is that even though it's not waterproof it is a PAIN to get off, granted I do load up my lashes with it. When I take it off at night I can never get all of it off with my Almay Oil Free Makeup Remover pads no matter how hard I try, but this is a very minor annoyance because when I wake up I just take another pad and wipe it a few times under each eye and problem is solved! Overall a really good mascara. I'm going to try Intense XXL® Volume + Length Washable Microfiber Mascara next to see if I can get some length and curl too, but if that doesn't deliver I'll definitely go back to this. My eyelashes are already pretty long and curl up on their own for the most part, but I just want to try it out.

EDIT: I tried the Intense XXL Volume + Length, and I actually like the Colossal Volum' better. It gives more volume and length in my opinion and I don't see a huge difference in curl with the other. Both good mascaras, but I'm going to stick with this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2009 11:16:00 PM More reviews by lydlyd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this because I managed to get it for 3 dollars.
I like this mascara, it is definitely one of the better mascaras that I have tried. It gives you a lot of volume, a bit of seperation, and a tad of lengthening. It can be a bit tricky to apply, if you do it one way; it will be clumpy. Another way; it will leave clumps at the end of the lashes.
I would choose lashblast over this mascara any day because: 1. Lashblast is easier to apply. 2. You dont have to risk clumps. 3. Lashblast just looks better. Better volume, lengthening and definition.
This mascara can make you look...well, the opposite of classy. If too much is applied you may look like you are trying to hard.

I wouldn't recc. this to people, instead; get Lashblast.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by carisaxx3

Well , the first time i tried this product it kinda clumped. It did lengthen though, which is what i wanted but overall i think it gets to clumpy and when i curled my lashes it was all gross and stuff. I'm pretty dissapointed cuz i heard a lot of good stuff about it on here but everyones eyelashes are different.!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by melusinafire

I love this mascara. I avoided buying it for the longest time
because I heard mainly mediocre things about it. It is heavenly
on my lashes! I love how it looks on my lashes - it makes them
full, thick, and very dark. I don't even need to layer other mascaras
with it to feel like my lashes are dramatic enough :). It's a gem!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by GlowMeAway

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a great little mascara. Doesn't clump, and stays in place. I purchased the waterproof version and applied two coats of this, topped by a coat of Lash Stilletto. Overall effect was very fake eyelash, no clumping, smudging or flaking, didn't irritate my eyes at all. I've been using Diorshow Iconic mascara for over a year, which I like, but my bf had a hot little shower thing he wanted to try so I had to quickly pick up something waterproof. I honestly didn't see much dif between this and the Diorshow, except obviously the price was much better and since these were waterproof they didn't smudge and run down my face. Very nice and definitely worth the price. I might just switch to this and save myself a few bucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by kappa97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this mascara....definitely buy again. I have super sensitive skin, and everything irritates my skin, but this one didn't. It lengthened my lashes and there is no flaking. Definitely will be in my makeup bag again and again!