November 28, 2014 | 1236 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Roseandthorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for awhile now. They had a 2 for 1 deal so I figured I'd pick it up because I've never had a mascara that I've been wild about and figured I'd continue my search and try this. This stuff is pretty good, probably the best I've had. I've been using the same tube for a long time now and it still is not clumping or drying out (and I don't keep it in the fridge). It definitely adds a lot of volume and a little bit of length too, and I can use a ton of it and it doesn't look clumpy. The only bad thing is that even though it's not waterproof it is a PAIN to get off, granted I do load up my lashes with it. When I take it off at night I can never get all of it off with my Almay Oil Free Makeup Remover pads no matter how hard I try, but this is a very minor annoyance because when I wake up I just take another pad and wipe it a few times under each eye and problem is solved! Overall a really good mascara. I'm going to try Intense XXL® Volume + Length Washable Microfiber Mascara next to see if I can get some length and curl too, but if that doesn't deliver I'll definitely go back to this. My eyelashes are already pretty long and curl up on their own for the most part, but I just want to try it out.

EDIT: I tried the Intense XXL Volume + Length, and I actually like the Colossal Volum' better. It gives more volume and length in my opinion and I don't see a huge difference in curl with the other. Both good mascaras, but I'm going to stick with this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2009 11:16:00 PM More reviews by lydlyd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this because I managed to get it for 3 dollars.
I like this mascara, it is definitely one of the better mascaras that I have tried. It gives you a lot of volume, a bit of seperation, and a tad of lengthening. It can be a bit tricky to apply, if you do it one way; it will be clumpy. Another way; it will leave clumps at the end of the lashes.
I would choose lashblast over this mascara any day because: 1. Lashblast is easier to apply. 2. You dont have to risk clumps. 3. Lashblast just looks better. Better volume, lengthening and definition.
This mascara can make you look...well, the opposite of classy. If too much is applied you may look like you are trying to hard.

I wouldn't recc. this to people, instead; get Lashblast.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by carisaxx3

Well , the first time i tried this product it kinda clumped. It did lengthen though, which is what i wanted but overall i think it gets to clumpy and when i curled my lashes it was all gross and stuff. I'm pretty dissapointed cuz i heard a lot of good stuff about it on here but everyones eyelashes are different.!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by melusinafire

I love this mascara. I avoided buying it for the longest time
because I heard mainly mediocre things about it. It is heavenly
on my lashes! I love how it looks on my lashes - it makes them
full, thick, and very dark. I don't even need to layer other mascaras
with it to feel like my lashes are dramatic enough :). It's a gem!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by GlowMeAway

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a great little mascara. Doesn't clump, and stays in place. I purchased the waterproof version and applied two coats of this, topped by a coat of Lash Stilletto. Overall effect was very fake eyelash, no clumping, smudging or flaking, didn't irritate my eyes at all. I've been using Diorshow Iconic mascara for over a year, which I like, but my bf had a hot little shower thing he wanted to try so I had to quickly pick up something waterproof. I honestly didn't see much dif between this and the Diorshow, except obviously the price was much better and since these were waterproof they didn't smudge and run down my face. Very nice and definitely worth the price. I might just switch to this and save myself a few bucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by kappa97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this mascara....definitely buy again. I have super sensitive skin, and everything irritates my skin, but this one didn't. It lengthened my lashes and there is no flaking. Definitely will be in my makeup bag again and again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Ryleen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara. One lippie away due to the odd fragrance. It would receive a total 5 if it didn't have a weird smell to it. Luckily it goes away! I own this mascara in Glam Black and Glam Brown and wear it most days. It is a very good everyday mascara, but I tend to wear something else when I am looking for a very dramatic eye look. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by sbrie011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I truly love this mascara. I used the waterproof version of this when I was attending a funeral and no smudging or anything. gave my lashes a nice look.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2009 5:26:00 PM More reviews by TheUrbanSombrero

This is my favorite mascara, it makes me look like I have fake eyelashes on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by forcedorgasm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i hate how this smells of rose.. why??? it's a product used close enough to the nose that it's not wearable, for me anyways. i have no problems with clumping.. i apply 2 coats and i get good results.. i wouldnt buy this again just cuz of the rose scent. very unnecessary.