Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 1/21/2010 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this mascara because everywhere i went people talked about how good it was, so when rite aid had it 4 buy one get one free i got 2 of them which i super regret especially cuz i get everything out of the package one i get home themascara is good i guess since it's a really dark black and it doesn't clump ur eyelashes 2gether but once it's dry i got all kind of flakes throughout the day i swear after a couple of hours i dnt even wanna blink cuz i felt like every time i blinked i would get flakes so i won't be buying it anymore.

on 1/21/2010 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was a devoted fan of Lash Blast before trying Colossal. I still love Lash Blast, but this mascara is great! While this is a volume mascara, I find it makes my lashes longer rather than fuller. It also is very very dark and is a bit clumpier than other mascaras. But I like that look! So this mascara pretty much ties with Lash Blast for me! I love both!

on 1/20/2010 10:13:00 PM

Not a very good product, the wand starts to clump after about 2-3 weeks of use and it also smudges after a few hours of wear and I use the waterproof formula! It doesn't give much volume either, colossal volume my butt. I wouldn't recommended and wouldn't repurchase. Although I can't say I don't like maybelline mascaras though because I love both full N soft and sky high curves! Seriously try those, they are much better!!

on 1/20/2010 6:28:00 PM

I have purchased this product many times.I really love the volume it gives.My only problem is that when it starts to dry out it gets super flakey,but I'm sure that happens with most products.

on 1/18/2010 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This mascara did not work for me. I have short, straight lashes. I would put it on, and if I wanted to apply more it would clump. After a couple hours of wearing it, I would start to see flakes around my eyes. However, it did seperate them good. But Was'nt the product for me.

on 1/17/2010 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love this mascara. It's my every day mascara. It really pumps up the volume of my lashes, and adds just a little bit of length. I know a lot of people were unhappy that this didn't give the same length as lash blast, but this isn't a lengthening mascara. It's also much easier to remove than lash blast. It didn't clump as much as lash blast either, and the brush/handle is much easier to use. One of my favorite drug store mascaras

on 1/17/2010 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

some people love it but dint work out for me

on 1/16/2010 4:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i hate this mascara! the only thing it did for my lashes was clump them together and dry them out!

you have to struggle with it forever till it looks somewhat decent.

i have naturally long and think lashes so i like to enhance that and this product didn't enhance it at all. it didn't make them longer or separate them, oh but it did add lots of volume but not in a good way just a clumpy way. also the formula isnt smooth its very dry.

I dont recommend this at all.

on 1/16/2010 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really like this mascara. Its really similiar to lash blast but doesnt provide a lot of length for your lashes. But it really does seperate, curl, and give lots of volume for them hense the name. There is however, one thing i really dont like about it. It has a really strong rose scent and it really irritates me. But I do ignore it as much as I can, because overall it is a good mascara. I would buy this again.

on 1/15/2010 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like the more dramatic look for my lashes, so this mascara was pretty decent. It pretty much gives you the results you ought to expect from any drugstore mascara. I liked how black it went on, which is a big pro. It really does add pretty good volume and decent length. You have to really play around to get the length right, though. Don't let it dry between coats or you'll have tiny clumps everywhereeee. Otherwise, building should be easy. For best results, I start at the root and slowly wiggle my way up using only the front half of the brush.
My only real complaints: It crumbles easily, it smells funky, and it comes off way too easy if your eyes are touching anything.
I'd probably repurchase, as those are minor cons.

Popular Mascaras