Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Well I have very fine thin eyelashes very thin and I would say they are medium length. And I will be the first to say that I really like Mabelline makeup and decided to buy this mascara because I have the dream matte mousse foundation. Anyways I tried it and did not like it. I had clumps and it dried very flaky I found it hard to layer more coats. The brush is nice and big but its not worth it. I prefer my lashblast by covergirl.
don't let the name fool you there is no colossal volume there's just colossal clumps.

on 2/6/2010 10:35:00 PM

I have no idea why this product is getting so many bad reviews.
To start i have long enough lashes already , but not very thick.
Depending on how i applied this, it could thicken my lashes, lengthen them or both, LIKE CRAZY. I usually had to be careful not to use too much for daytime looks
This product is amazing, and it didnt bother my eyes at all.
After a while the smell did start to get pretty noticable, and my boyfriend refused to kiss me haha.
Over all, this tris product is AMAZING for length and thickening and great on the bottom lashes. The smell is bothersome, but unnoticable after about 5 minutes.
I will definately be repurchasing :)

on 2/6/2010 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

What the heck! No mascara ever, and I've tried many, has made my eyes itch until now. The smell is another issue. My son cuddled up with me then asked "Mama, what's that smell...it's wierd!" Too bad, I actually liked the volumizing ability of this mascara but the itchy eyes and smell are a no go!

on 2/5/2010 11:28:00 PM

This mascara clumps and flakes like no other. not since junior high had i have such horrible mascara. i took lashblast fo granted=/ its so hard to get off i already lost two lashes. its going to the trashbin

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Did not like this mascara AT ALL, very disappointing. It has such an over powering smell and really, wasnt anything to rave about. I've had better, much better and I'd never reccomend this to anyone. Didnt do anything special to my lashes and defiantly didnt live up to the hype I heard. (But seriously, that smell, WHY?!)

on 2/4/2010 6:34:00 PM

I wasn't going to buy this because of the packaging and how big and yellow it is. But I did buy it because I heard it did wonders for volume. I found it to not only give my lashes volume, but a good amount of length too. The formula is a little too wet for me so if I sneeze while putting on makeup, it's raccoon eyes all day for me. But when it dries, my lashes look dramatically long and full. The only big problem I have with the product is the rose smell. To me, it is off putting, but I know for my friends, it is really light so they don't notice it too much.

on 2/4/2010 12:21:00 PM

OMG! i love this product i didnt think it would work at first another con! but no i was wrong this really lengths my lashs gives them great volume and is pure black. great defination and aways gets noticed definatly a staple product.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This mascara gave me the worst itching in my eyes. It also flakes and all that residue made the itching worse. By the end of the day I had no eye makeup left from all the scratching I did. Took me two days to get better. Threw it in the trash.

on 2/3/2010 8:23:00 PM

This is my HG mascara (for now)!

I absolutely love that it plumps up my lashes; giving it a falsie look. My lashes are sparse and it really does give me that definition, volume, and separation of my lashes. Also, the non-waterproof washes off so easily! It's everything I ever wanted in a mascara <3

The only downfalls to this product are:
1) The rose scent. I enjoy my mascaras to be fragrance free.
2) It flakes on me sometimes, but much better than raccoon eyes.
3) The packaging is bulky.

on 2/3/2010 1:11:00 PM

Oh my gosh! Can I just say that I have tried almost all drugstore mascaras! This may be the best one I have ever tried! I usually go for Revlon and Loreal because I thought they were better quality and haven't tried Maybelline in a long time. This mascara made my lashes sooooo thick and long and not clumpy! I really really love this mascara!

Edit: I had to take 3 lippies off since I noticed if I wear more than one coat it is flaking off onto my face all day long. Soooo disappointing!