August 20, 2014 | 2027 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2003 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Claudyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very oily and heavy. When I used it in the daytime my face looked like an oil slick. i had to use many oil blotters that day. ewww... didn't absorb at all. i didn't see any 'miraculous' changes in my skin as it is being touted. for the price i paid, i think it was useless. i really wanted it to work cos i have pimple scars that are so stubborn and my skin tone isn't that great. what a disappointment... i think it's all hype

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2003 4:39:00 PM More reviews by pixy_styx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product. I am fairly young & don't have any noticeable wrinkles yet, but I want to make sure I stay that way. This cream is wonderful. I have gotten so many compliments lately on my skin! It also keeps my make-up in place all day long, which is usually a problem for me, since it always fades away or seems to slip right off my face. I would HIGHLY reccomend this product to anyone! I figure that even though it is a bit pricey, it is going to be worth it in the long run, not to mention that its cheaper & safer than popular laser surgery.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2003 9:29:00 PM More reviews by kkdallas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff looks like white paste and feels heavy. But I followed the SA's instructions and put a very small amount on my fingertips and rubbed then together. This broke down the cream and I then patted it on my face. I thought I wasn't using enough but the SA called me and assured me I was using enough. I think I tend to over-moisturize. My T-zone is noticeably less oily and my monthly breakout was quickly healed. My dry cheeks are less dry. My complexion is clearer and I am not wearing foundation after 2 weeks of use. I don't feel all "soupy" at night with tons of moisturizer on my face. This stuff is great and I will buy it again. I wish it wasn't so expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2003 7:32:00 AM More reviews by Scout12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After having read a bunch of reviews, on this almost mythical and highly expensive moisturizer, that claims that it is extremely heavy and sits on the skin and so on. I canīt help but think that it seems like most reviewers havenīt been correctly informed about the application process neccesary to make the La Mer cream work. ( Itīs in fact quite understandable since itīs very poorly explained in the La Mer pamphlet that comes with the jar).
The thing is that you really need to rub the cream extensively between the palms of your hands before application. A few seconds does not do the trick unless you have very warm hands! Three to four minutes is what it normally takes before the cream transforms, which it does, totally. Instead of being the white, thick almost doe-like consistency it becomes liquidy-thin and invisible and when you clap it on to your face once transformed the skin will drink it right up. This process might seem teedious and hard work! ( but it will definetely build up some muscle-tissue in your arms and even chest - what a great way to work-out...). Anyway if you donīt rub the cream until it transforms, the skin will according to the salespeople at La Mer not be able to take up all the good stuff this cream has to offer. So ladies, Start rubbing!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2003 10:31:00 AM More reviews by selliott1078

To mariabee (the person who got perioral dermatitis): You did not get this from Creme de la Mer. If your doctor is telling you this, you need to see a different doctor. I have had two dematologists tell me that I got this because I transferred some bacteria from my scalp to my face. They akin this to something similar to dandruff of the face (I do not know why). I don't have dandruff and I get the little bumps that look like tiny pimples. When you next go to the dematologist, request a prescription for Desonide cream--this makes my dermatitis go away in one or two nights when I break out.

As far as Creme De La Mer is concerned, I love it. You need to apply it on clean dry skin as the directions indicate. It may feel a little heavy at first, but sinks in after a few minutes. I don't think my skin has looked better. I also have combo skin, and it seems less oily in the t-zone and less dry in the other areas when I use this product. I don't know how that is, but I really like this. I use this morning and night.

Has anyone tried the new concentrate?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2003 7:17:00 AM More reviews by yeorib

Recently I met my friend's sister and I was totally blown away by her skin. She used to have the worst skin imaginable: really bad acne. It had been nearly 2 years since I last saw her and I nearly didn't recognise her. My friend had been telling me about how her sister's skin has never looked better but I never believed that a pot of creme could make that much difference. Apparently it can! I was told that she applied the creme every day and nothing else for about a year and voila! Although I can never be as patient as her sister I decided to give it a go. I have been using the creme for nearly 6 months now and although i use it on and off(mainly on late nights and weekends when I need serious beauty treatments) it seems to work wonders. In general, I also have breakouts, but the creme has reduced them and it heals problems very well. My aunty use it on her strech marks and it has faded considerably.
UPDATE: Really, I think the best thing for getting rid of pimples and acne is excercise. If you do this everyday, any potions will seem to work wonders. Dont get me wrong, I still use La mer, on and off but it will not make all breakouts magically disappear. Forget the la mer and spend some quality time running and sweating off the toxins in your body!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2003 5:21:00 PM More reviews by sharkalissa

So I bought into the hype too-but decided to buy a little sample jar off ebay first. Thank god I did! There is no way I would spend lots of money on this stuff. I have normal/combo skin, and the stuff just sat on my face. About 10 minutes later, it was still there, and i was wiping most of it off. I only used a tiny bit! I felt like I had just spread butter on my face, it was so greasy and thick. It works nice as an eye cream, makes the area really soft. I also got a little sample of the La Mer eye cream, which is thinner than the moisturizer. Nothing special there. If you want a good eye cream, get a little jar sample of the regular moisturizer and use that. And for the money you spend on the junk, you think you would get something nicer than a plastic tub with some 1980's-like pink and blue "splashes". Update the packaging! I'm sure for older women with dry skin this might work miracles as a night cream...but not me!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2003 7:57:00 PM More reviews by kathfitz

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used the serum last year and then stopped in the fall. I began thinking maybe I didn't really need it - boy was I wrong!

My forehead was looking more lined and the lines between my brows started looking more prominent. So I began using a sample of the creme that has been sitting on the shelf for ages and after about a week, the lines seem to have disappeared! It also evened out my skin and leaves it looking very healthy.

I'll probably use this instead of the serum because I think it's a lot cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2003 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Dreemer

I have a friend at Saks Fifth Avenue who gave me a small mini CDLM to try (with guaranteed free refills). She gave me the instructions on how to use it and I drove home quickly to try it on. At first I wasn't impressed at all. I thought it was a bit too oily but during spring break I forgot my regular moisturizer so I just used CDLM morning and night. After two weeks of doing that I've noticed that I no longer need foundation on my entire face. I use my customized foundation under my eyes and my Benefit translucent compact and I look glowing. Even people at work ask about my "new makeup routine". I've noticed that it's good for people who don't have sensitive and/or oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2003 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Pinki

I use this on my hands, feet, knees and elbows and it makes them beautimuss! It doesnt even cost that much for how little you use, I swear. I also use this to recover from scars and burns...it really workd for that. It was not a success as a face cream for me though-too oily.