La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Ecalyptus) Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Heliuanthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

on 7/9/2003 5:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My complexion adores this expensive cream! I've only been using it for about a week, and normally wait at least a month before reviewing a skin care product, but I just have to go ahead and rave. When I used CDLM for the first time, I had the very beginnings of one of those nasty, sore hormonal-type cystic blemishes, and in the morning it was gone! Vanished without even a hint of redness...even benzoyl peroxide can't do that for me! The oil-production on my nose has totally regulated, and I don't even have to touch up with powder unless I'm going to be out in the summer heat. My skin used to be combination, but now it's becoming more "normal". I've been using CDLM morning and night, and for the daytime, I also follow with a coating of La Mer's SPF 18 Fluid for sun protection. The combination of those two products has made a great difference in the appearance of my complexion...I finally have a soft dewy glow that so many color cosmetics have failed to deliver. I can now get away with wearing only a bit of concealer for some fading healed blemishes (and boy are they fading fast with this cream!), and a bit of blush. I couldn't be more pleased! I'm already starting to receive compliments on my glowing complexion...needless to say, I will be repurchasing:) I find that you can notice a change in consistency of the CDLM after it's sufficiently warmed between the fingertips (it becomes slightly slippery, as opposed to thick and pasty when you first begin), and then you really do need to just press the cream into your skin...just keep moving your hands to different areas and gently press. The cream does absorb completely in a matter of minutes, and it provides an excellent base for your makeup. This is definitely a holy grail for me, as no other skincare product has made such a drastic improvement in my 29-year-old skin in such a short amount of time.

on 7/8/2003 4:35:00 PM

I bought a trial size product on ebay. I found it really thick and tough to apply even after rubbing it between my fingers. I have found much lower priced products that moisturize as well and at 45 an fine lines starting it did nothing for me.

on 7/7/2003 4:28:00 PM

WHAT is the big deal with this product? I find it way too thick even during the dry Colorado climate!

on 7/4/2003 11:30:00 AM

I would not use this product if you are acne prone. For women with oily T-zones, I would use this product as an eye cream as it is a wonderful product for areas of the face that are on the dry side or need an extra something. I use the cream during the winter on my cheeks and around the eyes and it is great for that but I would not recommend this product for people with large pores or oily skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Got this two years ago from my grandma. I've oily, acne prone skin and i wore this stuff at night. On the next morning the redness of my pimples were gone and skin felt softer and smoother (I still got pimples as usual, but this creme doesnt claim to erase them). The 1oz. tub lasted 6 months, so I think it does last very long (but I only used it at night). will buy this again if I ever get the money cuz it's a bit pricey for a student..

After reading all the comments on this cream I was curious and decided to splurge on this cream...that was 2 months ago..and I am "IN LOVE"...my skin is oily but I have no break outs any more, no redness, no circles under my eyes, I had a big sun spot on 1 of my cheeks...now it is gone..I decided to give a sample to my sister who always had problems with her skin and after 3 weeks of using it, she now has a clear complexion, she is even walking around with no make-up !!! and she looks great ! she is even getting compliments on her skin and is getting ready to go and buy her first jar as the sample I gave her is almost finished. I don't know if this is a miracle cream or not but it does work..I have tried all brands: lancome, chanel, perricone, murad, dior, guerlain, loreal, neutrogena, origins, estee lauder, clinique, roc, nivea, olay, and nothing has even come close to creme de la mer. the only thing I don't like is the packaging and the price..I wish they had a fancier pacakage. I do rub it between my fingers as instructed and my sister does the same, otherwise it will be too heavy and thick. I only use it at nigth and when I wake up...wow ! my skin looks beautiful and healthy to the point that now all I do is pat a bit of face powder as I want to show off my skin.

on 6/25/2003 5:34:00 AM

I have combination skin but I use this a couple of times a week in the winter. When you put it on your face feels like an oil slick and you have to fight the urge to wash it off at once. Resist and in the morning when it has absorbed, your skin feels and looks amazing. But because of the astronomical price I would advise anyone to get a sample or beg a scoop from a friend who uses it, because it is very heavy and could, I'm sure, cause break-outs.

on 6/23/2003 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Some background on my skin type-I'm 28 now, I have extremely sensitive hyper reactive skin that looks oily but will become dryed out and red if I use the wrong product. when I was 24 my skin became allergic to everything I put on it. Even facialists were commenting on my skins oily surface with dry thin skin underneath(I don't get facials anymore-too irritating) I tried Lancome, Esteee Lauder, Clinique, Nivea ,Kiss my face, Ole Henrikkson, and Sonya Dakar- all left my skin dry and irritated, I even had surface skin webbing/cracking on my forehead/chin and cheek area fron so much irritation and dryness. A friend suggested La mer Creme and I've used it for a year now, my skin does not feel dry anymore(except around the mouth area-but it is the best thing so far), its the only product thats worked for me, all surface cracking/irritation has disappeared, my skin is better now than when I was 24, but I'm still searching for another creme(D'olives? has anyone tried it?) to experiment with to make sure this is really the best one for me. I worry that there is something in this creme that has caused my skin to become dependent on/changed its molecular structure and other moisturizers will not work as well if I continue using this, but thats not a scientifically based opinion, just a hunch.PS-I don't recommend using AHA's, or products with ingredients that contain properties to remove the dead layer of skin(it only burns/irritates my own), or any grainy scrubs if you have skin like mine. My skin is truly at its best when left alone. PPS-The face creme isn't good for undereye application-it keeps water in and causes undereye puffiness, I use the La Mer eyebalm instead. Also, I can only use cremes, never lotions, and my skin is glowy and smooth as a babys butt now. I'd give it 5 but I haven't tried everything to concretely say this is the #1 choice.

on 6/22/2003 7:31:00 PM

I'm in love!!! This is the best cream I've ever used, but it comes with a high price tag. I've bought it 4 times. I tried using other creams that are not as expensive, but I'm hooked. People had noticed the glow on my face and that makes me not wanna stop using it. Of course, my skin looks dry when I don't use it, so it's kind of a catch 22. You gotta keep buying it if you wanna keep having that glow on your face.

on 6/21/2003 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This creme didnt worse my money i bought the whole set and i seem to like only serum,cleansing gel
i was so disappointed with the result it clogged pores and break out pimples ..dont try it if u dont have dry skin

Popular Moisturizers