September 23, 2014 | 2033 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2003 9:58:00 PM More reviews by natjoshi

Nice and simple to use and very nice for very dry skin and especially around the eyes. I do wish it wasn't that expensive. Works much better if you rub it a while between your hands before patting it on, goes on much smoother. A little goes a long way. For that price I wish it had a better package than this ugly white jar. Nice treatment moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2003 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Sora2420

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since I have combo skin I used this thick cream in the evening and when I woke up in the morning, it made my skin glow and supple. The cream is very thick and wouldn't recommend using more than a pea size of it at a time. I stopped using it and gave it to my sister who has dry skin. I just don't see myself spending so much money on another jar of it. Once was enough for me. I am on to DHC olive oil which has no fragrance at all. Great product. Best to try a sample before buying the jar like me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2003 4:08:00 PM More reviews by midnightlouise

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

After all the mixed reviews I read, I decided I'd better try a sample...and at first I thought it was going to live up to the hype. My skin was noticeably smoother & my skin tone more even, but it's a bit pricey for every day use, and after using it awhile I find it does makes me break out. I'll be looking for an alternative.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2003 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Jesh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This lives up to its name most certainly...its a fab moisturizer BUT its really too heavy. I live in singapore n its SOOOO hot here...so I cant use it during the day at all. but wen i use this wen i sleep, i wake up with fab, smooth skin. i think it also lightened a few of my acne scars n i've only been using this for abt i and a half weeks...i love it. I'm gonna get thier oil absorbing lotion to replace this though....but really...fab product...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2003 2:39:00 AM More reviews by AstRo_Girl

My older friend reccommended it for my acne(she uses it for fine lines and adores this cream). After reading the story about how a nasa scientist came up with this formula I thought at last a cure for my acne. I liked the clean scent and found it to be lightly greasy, but it made me breakout a little more. Now I'm using it as an eye cream which works great. Not reccommended for teenagers but I think I would repurchase in the far future when I'm dealing with fine lines

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2003 5:23:00 PM More reviews by jijigirl

I got sucked into all the hype about this product, and bought it. It's an OK eye creme, but that's about it. I'd recommend holding on to those dollars and buying a great purse or pair of shoes, because if you purchase this "miracle creme," you will regret it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2003 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Bernard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

YUK ! Another expensive cream with mineral oil in it (check out the ingredients on the pot). Left a horrible nasty oily feeling on my skin.

For a product range so expensive, I would expect essential oils of rose and jasmine in here, jojoba oil, rosehip oil, and shea butter to be somewhere in the cream.

Expensive tat in my opinion !

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2003 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Claudyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very oily and heavy. When I used it in the daytime my face looked like an oil slick. i had to use many oil blotters that day. ewww... didn't absorb at all. i didn't see any 'miraculous' changes in my skin as it is being touted. for the price i paid, i think it was useless. i really wanted it to work cos i have pimple scars that are so stubborn and my skin tone isn't that great. what a disappointment... i think it's all hype

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2003 4:39:00 PM More reviews by pixy_styx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product. I am fairly young & don't have any noticeable wrinkles yet, but I want to make sure I stay that way. This cream is wonderful. I have gotten so many compliments lately on my skin! It also keeps my make-up in place all day long, which is usually a problem for me, since it always fades away or seems to slip right off my face. I would HIGHLY reccomend this product to anyone! I figure that even though it is a bit pricey, it is going to be worth it in the long run, not to mention that its cheaper & safer than popular laser surgery.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2003 9:29:00 PM More reviews by kkdallas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff looks like white paste and feels heavy. But I followed the SA's instructions and put a very small amount on my fingertips and rubbed then together. This broke down the cream and I then patted it on my face. I thought I wasn't using enough but the SA called me and assured me I was using enough. I think I tend to over-moisturize. My T-zone is noticeably less oily and my monthly breakout was quickly healed. My dry cheeks are less dry. My complexion is clearer and I am not wearing foundation after 2 weeks of use. I don't feel all "soupy" at night with tons of moisturizer on my face. This stuff is great and I will buy it again. I wish it wasn't so expensive.