La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Ecalyptus) Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Heliuanthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

on 7/7/2003 4:28:00 PM

WHAT is the big deal with this product? I find it way too thick even during the dry Colorado climate!

on 7/4/2003 11:30:00 AM

I would not use this product if you are acne prone. For women with oily T-zones, I would use this product as an eye cream as it is a wonderful product for areas of the face that are on the dry side or need an extra something. I use the cream during the winter on my cheeks and around the eyes and it is great for that but I would not recommend this product for people with large pores or oily skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Got this two years ago from my grandma. I've oily, acne prone skin and i wore this stuff at night. On the next morning the redness of my pimples were gone and skin felt softer and smoother (I still got pimples as usual, but this creme doesnt claim to erase them). The 1oz. tub lasted 6 months, so I think it does last very long (but I only used it at night). will buy this again if I ever get the money cuz it's a bit pricey for a student..

After reading all the comments on this cream I was curious and decided to splurge on this cream...that was 2 months ago..and I am "IN LOVE"...my skin is oily but I have no break outs any more, no redness, no circles under my eyes, I had a big sun spot on 1 of my cheeks...now it is gone..I decided to give a sample to my sister who always had problems with her skin and after 3 weeks of using it, she now has a clear complexion, she is even walking around with no make-up !!! and she looks great ! she is even getting compliments on her skin and is getting ready to go and buy her first jar as the sample I gave her is almost finished. I don't know if this is a miracle cream or not but it does work..I have tried all brands: lancome, chanel, perricone, murad, dior, guerlain, loreal, neutrogena, origins, estee lauder, clinique, roc, nivea, olay, and nothing has even come close to creme de la mer. the only thing I don't like is the packaging and the price..I wish they had a fancier pacakage. I do rub it between my fingers as instructed and my sister does the same, otherwise it will be too heavy and thick. I only use it at nigth and when I wake up...wow ! my skin looks beautiful and healthy to the point that now all I do is pat a bit of face powder as I want to show off my skin.

on 6/25/2003 5:34:00 AM

I have combination skin but I use this a couple of times a week in the winter. When you put it on your face feels like an oil slick and you have to fight the urge to wash it off at once. Resist and in the morning when it has absorbed, your skin feels and looks amazing. But because of the astronomical price I would advise anyone to get a sample or beg a scoop from a friend who uses it, because it is very heavy and could, I'm sure, cause break-outs.

on 6/23/2003 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Some background on my skin type-I'm 28 now, I have extremely sensitive hyper reactive skin that looks oily but will become dryed out and red if I use the wrong product. when I was 24 my skin became allergic to everything I put on it. Even facialists were commenting on my skins oily surface with dry thin skin underneath(I don't get facials anymore-too irritating) I tried Lancome, Esteee Lauder, Clinique, Nivea ,Kiss my face, Ole Henrikkson, and Sonya Dakar- all left my skin dry and irritated, I even had surface skin webbing/cracking on my forehead/chin and cheek area fron so much irritation and dryness. A friend suggested La mer Creme and I've used it for a year now, my skin does not feel dry anymore(except around the mouth area-but it is the best thing so far), its the only product thats worked for me, all surface cracking/irritation has disappeared, my skin is better now than when I was 24, but I'm still searching for another creme(D'olives? has anyone tried it?) to experiment with to make sure this is really the best one for me. I worry that there is something in this creme that has caused my skin to become dependent on/changed its molecular structure and other moisturizers will not work as well if I continue using this, but thats not a scientifically based opinion, just a hunch.PS-I don't recommend using AHA's, or products with ingredients that contain properties to remove the dead layer of skin(it only burns/irritates my own), or any grainy scrubs if you have skin like mine. My skin is truly at its best when left alone. PPS-The face creme isn't good for undereye application-it keeps water in and causes undereye puffiness, I use the La Mer eyebalm instead. Also, I can only use cremes, never lotions, and my skin is glowy and smooth as a babys butt now. I'd give it 5 but I haven't tried everything to concretely say this is the #1 choice.

on 6/22/2003 7:31:00 PM

I'm in love!!! This is the best cream I've ever used, but it comes with a high price tag. I've bought it 4 times. I tried using other creams that are not as expensive, but I'm hooked. People had noticed the glow on my face and that makes me not wanna stop using it. Of course, my skin looks dry when I don't use it, so it's kind of a catch 22. You gotta keep buying it if you wanna keep having that glow on your face.

on 6/21/2003 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This creme didnt worse my money i bought the whole set and i seem to like only serum,cleansing gel
i was so disappointed with the result it clogged pores and break out pimples ..dont try it if u dont have dry skin

on 6/21/2003 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I've always had normal skin, but I've recently started getting extremely dry areas on my perimeter: forehead near the hairline, on the cheeks near my ears and my jawline. Nothing, not even Smith's, Vaseline Petroleum Jelly (I was desperate, OK?) or even a prescription non-cortisone cream alleviated the extreme dryness. Until I tried Creme de La Mer. I use the La Mer Moisturizing Lotion regularly, and I thought the Creme would be too much for my skin. But I tried it on the dry patches and after a couple of days, they went away. I LOVE this stuff!

on 6/20/2003 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a good creme for people who got dry skin ..i got oily skin and i get pimple very easy this product contains too much oil in it and it made me feel so glossy
and gave more pimples! really!
i had to apply a very little dot for the whole face this product disappointeded me badly it wasnt that miracle like everyone said and i wont buy it again :( now i'm still using the rest of it as a night eye cream ...i dont like this brand at all but
they hav a 'very good' cleansing gel!!! trust me! u should buy it rather than this funny creme