La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Ecalyptus) Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Heliuanthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

On my 2nd bottle (with a 3rd "in stock"). I have dehydrated (a/c 24 hrs; not enough fluids), combo skin that leans toward being oily. I loved this stuff during the cooler months and thought I'd have to put it away during the summer. Well, it's almost August and I'm still using it. My DH says I wake up with a glow (I use it at night only). However, CDLM doesn't "recondition" the skin. Stop using the product, no lasting effect :(

*****01/24/04*****Update: After using this product for over a year, I still rate it highly, but I do not use it every night due to milla under the eyes (which MD Forte is very effective in getting rid of :)...My mom is the happy new owner of my 3rd bottle & she is thrilled. I'm happy to use what I have to "treat" my skin when it needs a little extra TLC (ie dullness, broken skin*****my skin honestly HEALS faster with CDLM...I won't be without it!) ME: 35 MOM: 57

I LOVE this product! I got in a car accident about 2 years ago and started using this to help repair a 6 inch long scar running across my forehead. Not only did the creme dramatically reduce the appearance of my scar (even my doctor was amazed!) but it cleared up all acne and drastically improved the overall tone and quality of my skin. I found it best to use it as a nightly moisterizer, and then use the oil absorbing lotion during the daytime. I wouldn't want to live without it!!!

I love this cream! It's very heavy and I think lots of people don't like it because they apply it incorrectly. It's important to rub a pea size in between your fingers first and then simply pat it lightly on your face. When people say they feel like they put butter on their face, that is because they used way too much. I have acne-prone skin and since I started using this cream, I haven't had nearly as many breakouts and it makes my scars less visible from past acne. It also gives your skin a sexy glow! I would recommend this product to anyone, but you should try a sample size first! I think it's one of those products that is different for everyone depending on their own skin. Some people love it, some people hate it!

This product is horrible..I can't believe I spent money on it, it is way too rich and it broke me out...Will never buy it again...

I would love to say that this product is all hype. However, after using it for over a year - I can't imagine using anything else. I grew up on a lake - so my skin was starting to show sun damage. Religiously using the La Mer serum and original creme has done more to minimize fine lines than a year of prescription strength retin-A and other heavy duty moisturizers. My largest wrinkle was on my forehead - it's pretty much gone.. as are most of my other small lines. I love this product - and I say, the proof is in the pudding (even though I hate that silly saying)

CDLM is nothing more than an overhyped moisturiser. The fragrance was mild and not overpowering, but does not serve to veil the odor of the seaweed or whatever it was used to brew this cream. Did absolutely nothing for me - did not moisturise my drier cheeks and threatened to break me out on the T-zone. Would not go near it again!

i wish this came in a squeeze tube instead. i have had a 2 oz jar for a year and use it almost daily. i have about 30% left, this stuff is expensive but has lasted me a long time.

anyway, i ended not using this product for a month and my skin got dry and splotchy. once i started using it again , i got my baby smooth peaches n' cream complexion back and my small pimples went away in 4 days.

this stuff is expensive and it very oily like everyone says, but my skin is at it's best. i am willing to pay for this and this jar will go over a year.

Out of all the la mer products I like this on the best, even though i have combo -oily skin... I use it as eye cream at night, and to put on when my skin gets stressed or occasionaly dry... it does provide a great deal of moisture.. i can't say whether it works on lines and wrinkles cause i have none. So I think I will Keep This one.

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I agree with the MUA users! I was intriqued by all the hype, so when I got a sample from Neiman Marcus I decided to try it! Well, it made me break heavily and did nothing. Am I glad I didn't like it because it is absurdly expensive at $1,000.00 prices!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've bought the 1oz again after reading Instyle Magazine for all celebrities raved about it. I've used this cream before when I was combo/acne-prone and broke out like crazy and probably using too much. So as I turned 31 and my skin started to dehydrate and dry, I thought this cream might work this time so I bought it. I've only used it night for two weeks and I was really careful with the amount I've used (used with spatula) and warmed up with my fingers and tap tap tap. I was really hoping I will wake up with glowing face... :-))Instead of waking up with glow, I woke up with small whitehead every morning which went away pretty quickly so I thought maybe this cream is helping to detoxify my pores and letting all the bad stuff out.. It continued for two weeks and my skin just looked awful. I just got huge red zit (last time I got one of those was 10 years ago)one of those underneath surface that hurts really bad!! I called SA who sold me this and told her about the problems that I was having and she flatly said she never heard of this kind of problem before and I need to go see dermatologist..(geez, thanks for the input). I am going back to my night moistrizer, Clarins Gentle Night Cream. In fact, I used it last night and my skin just looked so much better and much more even toned. Please do not believe the hype of this cream. I think it's just expensive with too much pore clogging ingredients such as mineral oil. I am so glad I did let it all out:-))