October 24, 2014 | 1698 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2009 11:33:00 AM More reviews by jessly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! its my first foundation, it fits my skin tone colour well, it covers well and it applies on smoothly. I dont break out either. But the only down side is that it rubs off onto clothes easily! overall i love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by elisha24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am changing my review for this, I thought it looked great till I caught a glimpse in full sunlight... I looked SO orange, id been wearing it for two days until I noticed how embaressing! It broke me out in a rash too!

If you can find a colour match its a nice foundation.
For those people complaining it doesnt cover enough I think people need to consider that foundation isn't for covering, it's for evening out your skin tone and laying the foundation for the rest of your makeup. Concealer is for more coverage, I dont have good skin at all but this foundation with a touch of concealer makes my skin look perfectly airbrushed! Pity about the colour!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by LuLuBells

UGH. Can we say clogged pores? Sure it covers, but then halfway through the day it turned my skin into an oil slick!! I have never had that problem before using this. And the breakouts on my chin were unbelievable! I guess it really depends on your skin type with this, but it did not work out for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 12:51:00 AM More reviews by diddlez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have clear skin on the dry side. I moisturize and then use primer before applying this product. I mix it with a tinted moisturizer to thin it out and buff it on all over my face using a 187 brush. This really gives me an air brushed finish. Coverage is great! HG status!

Pros:
-dries to a matte finish
-buildable coverage
-blends nicely
-stays in place even when sweating

Cons:
-you have to buy a pump $5
-sometimes accentuates dry spots

btw I went hiking with make up on.. up the grouse grind and when i was done my make up was still in place even after all that sweating :)!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2009 9:53:00 AM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

despite the huge number of reviews on this product (which indicate that many girls liked this and purchased it), especially the positive ones, i can't join in...unfortunately.

i have had only one negative experience with Mac products, namely the Full Coverage Foundation (by the way, anyone interested in a Mac Full coverage in NW20? i'm willing to trade it for ANYTHING...), but i know Mac makes good stuff. howeverrr...as far as i'm concerned i think it has something to do with the products sold in europe. everything i tried, except for the eyshadows, pencils and face powders, was really bad. i always drop by the mac counter in Stockholm, that is whenever i go there, and i try...and try...hopeful that one day i'll find something worth purchasing. wrong assumption.

i used this 3 or 4 times, i don't know if this foundation is available in sample forms but i got a little bit of the product in my own little container, asked the lady if it was ok for me to put a little it in (more or less the same quantity as two or three normal pumps) and she gave me the green light. i got this just because the first time i tried it it didn't work, and i really wanted to give it another try, after all, it's a cult and a must-have from Mac.

we all know about the color range, the packaging, etc etc, so i'll just jump to the argument.
well. it smells bad, like plasticine and oxidized oil.
it doesn't cover pimples or red spots, you have to layer it up for this to happen.
on the bright side, it is buildable, doesn't cake at the second layer.
on the not-so-bright side, the oil and the pigments kind of separated the moment i pumped it out...and i had to basically blend it in the container to get a homogeneous 'paste', like a normal foundation would be like. horrible.
it is too thin.
weirdly enough, it dried my skin though being and feeling oily. i could feel the roughness on my skin, on rubbing my fingers with this on, yet my face was shiny and greasy.
i feared it would actually get to drip off my face and run down my couture lol. it didn't, but the feeling was the same. terrible terrible.
i applied it with my fingers first, then a brush; the third application was with a sponge. of course it sucked a lot of product, the coverage was lighter and had to build it up, but the finish looked a bit better than usually.
it lasts pretty ok, meaning i'll end up with 15% more grease on my face than at the moment of the application. still, shiny face all the way, and this doesn't happen with other foundations.
i get the same sensation of oily yet dry from my Nuxe huile prodigieuse, strange enough...very yucky, gets me to think my skin is being under the aggression of this product all day, while on the surface one can spot only the oiliness and think it doesn't dry the skin out. i hope i'm making sense here.

i think this is an europe-related problem with the mac stuff, or just a sweden-related one. i swear, almost NOTHING mac has is worth buying here and i know their products are of good quality, many makeup artists use them. the lipsticks are rancid and smell of plasticine, the mascaras are all dried up, the foundations smell of oil and are greasy and nasty, the brushes are smaller than what i've seen and shed a lot of hairs...and these are real mac products from the mac counter, not something i've tried from someone or purchased on ebay or stuff like that. disappointing.

maybe it has something to do with the storage methods here, they have all the products lined up under these huge lights and you can physically feel the heat from the lights when you come closer to the stand. or the stuff has just gone old because not many people are willing to pay the price...i don't know. truly disappointing. not to mention the rude assistants who don't know sh*t...seriously, they have no clue about anything, colors, textures, tools, nada. i'd do a much better job in their place...sigh sigh and triple sigh.

so yes, bottom line is that mac has disappointed some of their european potential clients...i still hope one day they will solve this problem.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2009 8:41:00 AM More reviews by NK207

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ugh, worst foundation I have ever tried. Was told that this was an excellent foundation for my acne-prone fair skin. On the plus side, I found my summer shade. On the minus side, horrible smell, bad packaging (why did I have to buy the pump seperately?), tricky to apply, ridiculously pricey, and it broke me out like crazy. I have always had like "normal" acne, with the marks "outside" the skin, but after using this (I only used it for two days before I noticed that I reacted t it), I started getting cyste-like blemishes inside/under the skin, that was painful and bright red, and didn't go away for weeks. And after they went away, I started having the same ones on the exact same place later on, for no apparent reason.

I love MAC, but this foundation is horrible, and I will never ever buy other products from MAC than lipgloss, brushes and eyeshadows.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by MelissaOh

After reading so many awesome reviews about this foundation, I went to Macy's at Fashion Show today and grabbed the NW20. This is the best foundation I have ever bought by far! I love the softness it leaves and how good it covers with so little of the product. It can look cakey if you put on too much (i.e. the MUA that applied my makeup today) but a light hand with the perfect shade and brush... I can't even explain it. After all these years that I have been looking for my HG foundation, I finally found it!

Edit-
UGH!! I really wanted to love this product (and I did) but 3 days into using it, it broke me out. So now I give it 2 stars. =(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2009 5:13:00 AM More reviews by Britni09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried many other foundations, but this is my favorite for everyday wear. I prefer full coverage foundation and this provides it. It is not too heavy and is fairly long lasting (6 hours) without any touch-ups. It hasn't caused me to break out -yet. :) and I have been using this product for months. With the MAC 187 brush it gives a flawless finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2009 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Paolina82

This foundation is definitely the best one for me. I have normal/dry skin. I use the NC40. I've been using it for about five or six years now. I think to get the best result one should wear it over the Prep and Prime Face with or without SPF. It makes a huge difference. I wear the Studio Fix powder in NC 42 to set it and my face looks fresh all day, I rarely have to touch up. I only wish they had more shades since NC 40 is a tad light, that's why I use NC42 powder on top of it and the look is perfect. Every once in a while I try something new. In the past year I've tried DiorSkin Airflash Spray Foundation, and Smashbox's High Definition Healthy Fix Foundation but neither made me look as good as the MAC foundation. The Smashbox Primer made me break out and I never break out. I would have to say Chanel's Mat Lumiere and Pro Lumiere are the only other faoundations I enjoy using.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 7:11:00 PM More reviews by reallychelseawow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

They don't seem to suit my skin tone, always a bad match. I got 3 large samples, different colours. Because two SAs couldn't decide on my undertones (I'm neutral but they both thought I leaned towards a different colour). Both failed.
This made my skin dry and oily, kwim? It flaked, and creased. Sigh.
It caused breakouts and an itchy rash.