August 29, 2014 | 979 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2007 5:18:00 AM More reviews by Bridgetr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

At first, I could not stand the fragrance. Then it grew on me, and now I love it. But unfortunately, the cleanser leaves my face feeling tight and dry. I have oily skin that is flaky from Taz, and even if I use this after an oil cleanse, it is just too drying for me. But I wish it worked, because the fragrance has really got a hold on me! Very strange, because I found it so objectionable in the beginning.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2007 8:31:00 PM More reviews by misspoppy

its good for removing makeup but i found it didn't help with breakouts. i am now using lush products and find them to be a lot better. i put i would buy it again but not really sure if i would.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2007 9:24:00 PM More reviews by buechmn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

awful awful product. A SA gave me a sample of this because she was trying to find products to help with my acne- but overall this made my cystic acne worse. Not only is the smell awful (and it burns my eyes) but it made my skin super raw and red, and made more blemishes appear on my face.
I don't think I will try any more philosophy face products.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2007 8:58:00 PM More reviews by liz2010

This is hands down the best cleanser I have EVER used. My skin is glowy and healthy afterwards and it really provides a deep down clean. I always try new products but in the end I ALWAYS go back to this. I love it :-) the price is a bit steep but for me its totally worth it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2007 7:47:00 PM More reviews by evilspicee

I love this cleanser! It is so gentle, doesn't irritate the eyes and takes off all your makeup! I have pretty dry skin and this does not dry it out. I have used many cleansers and this is the only one that I have bought over and over. This is probably my favorite product of Philosophy.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2007 1:44:00 PM More reviews by TL3031

This product broke me out after 3 days. The smell is very contradicting, this smells anything but pure. Left my face feeling like it hadn't really been washed. I enjoy a slightly tight feeling after I wash my oily acne-prone face.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2007 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Rupilicious

This is great product. It left my skin feeling really smooth afterwards. I even use this sometimes to wash my brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2007 1:10:00 AM More reviews by ocd888

This is a nice and gentle cleanser for my combination/ oily T-zone skin. My skin is so smooth afterwards. I like the scent too. The packaging is average for such a wonderful cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2007 4:49:00 PM More reviews by laurentothemax

I bought this product to go with the mediocre at best hope in a jar moisturizer. Even though what i had was working just fine, and costs half as much, I just have this thing with my products all being the same brand. stupid. anyways, i've been relatively patient with this product but my skin has only gotten increasingly worse since i've been using it. My face feels dry, not exceptionally clean, and my cheeks are breaking out badly. The other morning i actually counted like 8 pimples on ONE side of my face. Today, I finally admitted defeat and switched back to my old cleanser and all the redness calmed down and no new breakouts. hazzah. I can ditch the paper bag! Fie on you philosophy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2007 10:42:00 PM More reviews by dionline

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great cleanser when used properly. I tried this once before and it dried the heck out of my face...red, itchy and very tight. After watching the model on QVC put it all over, even her eyes to remove mascara, etc...,I thought, maybe that's what I'm doing wrong. I always remove my makeup first so that the cleanser can do just that - cleanse, NOT remove the makeup. But it must have just stripped my skin. This time I just put some in the palm of my hand, added a few drops of water and massaged all over - even my eyes. It didn't irritate my eyes at all (big surprise for me!), my lipstick came off, every bit of foundation was removed and my skin felt soft and not dry at all. Even thought philosophy doesn't make a toner I always use one anyway prior to applying my treatment or moisturizer. I'm very pleased this time and will continue using it. I'll probably get the huge size with a pump just for the convenience. Count me as a happy user!!!