BeneFit Cosmetics Dandelion

4.1

Ingredients: talc, mica, calcium aluminum borosicicate, polyethylene, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), magnesium myristate, pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, C9-15 fluoroalcohol phosphates, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, phenoxyethanol, bis-diglyceryl polyacryladipate-2, squalane, carmine (CI 75470), lecithin, iron oxides (CI 77491), methylparaben, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), glycine soja (soybean) oil, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77492), BHT, retinyl palmitate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, limonene, alumina, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, citral butylphenyl methylpropional, citronellol, eugenol.

on 10/30/2003 7:23:00 AM

Honestly said, I cannot understand the hype about this product. It's quite an ordinary but pricey sheer pinkish blush with little golden shimmer in a cardboard packaging, really nothing special. I think similar results can be achieved with any sheer (and less expensive)pinkish blusher. Far more disappointing, it doesn't show up on my fair complexion unless I lay it on.

on 10/27/2003 8:10:00 AM

I absolutely love this. I gave a 4 for packaging, because I wish it was a compact, not to say this packaging is not cute, it is the cutest thing ever. Just not practical to carry around at all. A 3 for price because it is expensive but a lot of product is there. Makes me wonder if I could ever use it all, actually. I use it everyday. It gives me a great rosy look, I like adding it after i get done with my shower after working out, because I can see where I am flushed. I add it there and I have that just-worked-out glow the rest of the day.

on 10/12/2003 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Overpriced, and it doesn't shoy up. I have fair skin and no amount of application made the color show up. And they say this is great for all skin colors! yeah right! Waste of money!

on 10/12/2003 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I avoided this product because of all the pooh-poohs by the MUA community. "It is way overpriced"; "It doesn't even show up". So when the girl at the Benefit counter gave me a makeover, she used this on me. I was AMAZED at how natural and rested I looke

on 10/11/2003 2:05:00 PM

An okay product and not worth spending $28 on. I was warned that it might not show up on my MMM skin and really it doesn't. Has a nice subtle shimmer and if I apply alot, it gives a soft pink highlighting effect. But then it appears fake and disappears

on 10/21/2003 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

first of all, the box is just adorable!! .. it would look pretty on my bathroom counter even if I didn't use it .. it kinda 'wakes up' my skin, making it look a little healthier (w/o shimmer) .. the brush is ok, but I like to use a bigger flufier brush .. I can't use it alone as a blush though; it just doesn't show up enough for me ((it DOES show up; but I *need* more LOL)) - I use it like I would a highlighter (not all over) .. but I suppose if you wanted to carry it in your bag, the box would be a problem ..

Dandelion lives up to its promises. I have used it as a blush, but I prefer it as a brightening powder. I have been complemented on my healthy flush many times while wearing Dandelion. It's in a really cute little box, it smells pretty, and it lasts because it seems to absorb oil well in its setting-powder function. The pink color of Dandelion adds more of a flush than a grandma-toned bright pink blush, so I think gals with any skin color could use it and look fresh and healthy. **UPDATE 11/27** Those of you who are worried about such a tiny amount of powder for $26.00 can relax. (I know I was worried about the price but I couldn't resist the stuff...)
;-) I've had my container since June, and I haven't even broken through to see a little of the tin yet. I use this regularly. My skin is fair, so I don't have to use a lot to get good color, but the fact that Dandelion doesn't crumble like crazy when you run the brush through it really does assure me that it lasts a LONG time!

on 10/9/2003 9:12:00 AM

I love this product! I received it as a gift, and I'm so glad, because I'm not sure I'd have risked spending the money otherwise. I have fair skin with freckles, but some natural colour on my cheeks, so I'm not pale. This shows up really nicely on my skintone - the perfect ballet pink. It gives me a nice natural glow. I haven't tried it as an all over glow powder, because I don't think it would work like that on me. As a blush, however, it's perfect. The packaging is very pretty, but not really portable, so I'm taking off some points for that. I kind of like the little brush in it, however. I actually apply it with this, even though I didn't think that would work well, and if I need to I finish blending it with my blush brush.

on 10/8/2003 12:50:00 AM

Another product I was lemming solely because of MUA raves. *hears a flutter of paper* What's that sound? Hmm...suddenly my wallet feels lighter. Oh that's right, I've logged onto MUA and somehow money flies out of my wallet. Boo. Anyway, about Dandelion. It's so fabulous, I love it. And I've usually been rather indifferent about powdered blushes. (I thought I found a HG last year when I got a gel blush, but that fascination quickly ended.)

Dandelion is rather small, less than 2x2 inches. It comes with a small brush, which is wonderful--very thick but soft. The color is a beautiful carnation pink--a lot of pink with a touch of mauve. There is a touch of gold shimmer which does not appear on your cheeks. The color it gives my cheeks is amazing (and normally, I never think about my cheek color or whatnot)--a gorgeous natural flush. I look so much more awake and cheerful with this color on. I highly recommend this. In fact, I think...I think this could be a HG. There, I've said it. A HG! PS: I'm a NC20 and had no problem with this showing up on my cheeks.

on 10/1/2003 10:57:00 PM

Wow, I can't believe that I hadn't tried this product before. Dandelion gives me a great light rosy blush without being too much or too little. I love that it looks natural and isn't too shimmery. I wish that it came in a sturdier packaging so taht I could carry it around with me in my purse though. But I do like the fact that it comes with a brush. I'm an LLL and when I apply, I need to apply two layers to make the color show up more prominently. I noticed that I get more color to show up when I use my own blush brush.

Popular Blush Products