December 22, 2014 | 1961 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by COAS87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very thick and perfect colored. Be cautious of how much you apply. I always seem to put on too much, get watery eyes, and feel the constant need to rub them! However, if you keep an eye on that, it is the greatest mascara ever!! really makes them look like you're wearing falsies! much better than the maybelline falsies mascara which does not do what this stuff can! and for around 20$ a tube, completely worth it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by mshin

Personally I love this mascara. I initially did not like it because it was too clumpy but if you wipe off the excess this mascara is quite nice. I think the tip works well because it gets my corner-most lashes which I usually can't get well.
The one thing that I wish it gave more of is volume. I think this mascara is really only for lengthening and defining. I've tried to add a volumizing mascara after it dried but it just made a clumpy mess! Maybe you need to do it really quick when it hasn't dried yet....

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by melusinafire

I know my incredibly low rating might come as a shock to some of you, but trust that I have a good reason!

I love the way this mascara is able to separate & add tons of volume. No qualms there.

I, however, am horrified at the amount of eyelashes I have lost after using this mascara. The wand grips onto lashes with sharp plastic bristles. These bristles have the ability to tear out your lashes if you are not careful.

The eyelash loss is also due to the fact that this mascara simply does not come off without extensive effort with some makeup remover. Having to rub at your eyes every night is a chore. When lashes are lost in the process, this chore becomes that much more arduous.

Lastly, this mascara never dries fully. It stays tacky. This is terrible because if I take a nap during the day or accidentally rub or touch my eyes, my lashes will all stick together and form one or two big eyelash clumps. Once this happens, the mascara is essentially a glue holding them all together, making them more likely to fall out due to the tension this creates at the roots of the lashes.

I saw lashes on the brush after every use. It was disheartening, but I thought maybe I was losing them naturally. This was not the case. My lashes -- which were once thick, full, and long on their own -- are now noticeably sparser. I wish I had never used this mascara.

45 out of 49 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2012 2:43:00 AM More reviews by justemmabemma

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was expecting a little more from this mascara, considering its $22 price tag. It's just an okay mascara... I could find something similar at the drugstore.
For the first few weeks it has a very wet formula, but after that the formula is perfect, so have patience. I have medium-length, thin, curly lashes, and this definitely helps lengthen & volumize them a lot. I just wish They're Real would have thickened them a little more. The wand is perfect ... It's easy to reach the bottom lashes & inner corners.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by agusninfa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

well, i was expecting more, i dont like the brush, and my lashes look nice, but if you put one coat is not enough, if you put more it looks horribel, wont rebuy

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by shellymae1002

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have read multiple reviews on this mascara and decided to give it a try, I can sum this review up very quickly....I LOVED IT!!!!!! If your thinking about trying it do it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by BitoBerlyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my second mascara from benefit I had " bad girl lash" I loved it after that was gone I saw the " they're real" in the shiny pretty packaging caught my eye. This is amazing it lengthens & doesn't clump up if you know how to apply mascara right.
LOVE- that it doesn't smug & lengthens
The only slightly annoying things I can say about this is it does take awhile to dry but that's ok beauty is time & this is so worth it! Hooked for life

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by lovelyreviews

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, I'd been hearing about this mascara for ages now. And I had only heard good reviews, so I thought, why not splash some cash on a benefit mascara?
Well, it wasn't as good as I'd been expecting. One coat just isn't enough, but two coats makes my lashes clumpy. It's perfect for my bottom eyelashes though. Wont be buying this again, sadly, maybe i'll try badgal lash?

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by monty713

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Did a comparison test w/another mascara. This one does not cause raccoon eyes and is easy to remove. I'm not keen on spending over $15 for mascara however, this one is worth it IMO.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Ellikun

I had gotten a gift card To sephora and I was thinking of buying a nice mascara with it. I heard this mascara was great so I decided to get it. I tried it and found that it was incredibly flaky and clumpy. I was disappointed because it was a bit expensive and really overrated.
Pros: nice wand, the addition at the end made it east to get stubborn lashes.
Cons: F-L-A-K-Y. Clumpyyy really wet and dries slowly

You really don't need to spend the extra cash on this, L'Oreal voluminous carbon black does the trick.