August 1, 2014 | 1521 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by CarlyCut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

UGH! What I've learned from reading make up reviews, especially mascara reviews, is that you really can't trust other people's tastes, and you really have to try a product out for yourself, because people are so picky about their mascara yet some people are so oblivious as to just how horrible their mascara looks on them! So I've only had this mascara for about a week, and so far, I'm really not impressed, more just disappointed than anything else. This is my first "luxury" mascara purchase, so I obviously really wanted this to work! Anyway, the color is very dark black which I like, but the application is a mess. Just look at the photos above, I mean that is what you're gonna get, and that is definitely not worth $22! My lashes looked stiff, brittle, and the ends were squared off and rectangular looking, which I thought was weird. And I really don't understand the spikey ball on the end, it's supposed to "separate" but it just makes things worse! What I don't like about this mascara the most is that it doesn't come off! I've had to rub my eyes for 15 minutes with an oil based make up remover, and that only got rid of half the mascara! I bet I've lost a few eyelashes too. I would rather have less dramatic eyelashes than have dramatically ugly eyelashes!
For those of you who are debating about getting this mascara I will give you this piece of advice- don't just READ the reviews, LOOK at photos of people wearing this mascara then decide for yourself!
Update: This mascara works much better if you REALLY wipe the gunk off the tip of the wand, but even then it's not amazing, especially for the price. I've just never had a mascara tangle up my eyelashes like this! It does make them really long and pitch black, but they're already really long...maybe if I spent 20 minutes putting this mascara on I could get it to work...
UPDATE: This mascara is pretty good once you get the hang of it and especially after going back to drugstore brands. It still kind of tangles my eyelashes and it seems to dry out too fast. But it does prop my eyelashes right up and I don't need to use a curler. It is kind of a pain to get off (I feel like my eyelashes are about to rip off when I try to remove it).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2011 9:01:00 AM More reviews by mariann7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had read many reviews on this product and decided to buy it and try it out. For its price range, this is a great product. It's easy to apply (although it dries pretty quickly so apply fast!), has great coverage, defines lashes well and doesn't smudge. I raked leaves all afternoon yesterday and sweated a bit, and it DID NOT smudge @ all. I would highly recommend this - the price is good - $22 @ Sephora (if I remember correctly) and I've had it for 2 months now and it is still going strong. The applicator has an extra part on the end of the wand that enables you to get all the tiny lashes. I will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by JLB2005

One of the best mascaras in that it does not smudge very easily so it stays put all day. I am lucky to have very long lashes naturally, and I am sometimes almost embarrassed at how long they look with this mascara. Moreover, I don't curl my lashes, but I feel that this mascara adds some curve. I don't get any flaking. Removes well with almond oil, which I use to remove all my makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Ayashii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara! I reach for either this or FAIRYDROPS in the morning. I'd read such good reviews on this masacara I bought it on impulse at Sephora. So glad I did! This adds so much length to my skimpy blonde eyelashes (my brother has longer eyelashes than me, seriously they're awful), that it actually looks like I'm wearing false lashes. The brush does a great job of separating (especially if I use L'oreal Telescopic as a base!) and holds my curl all day. It also stays in place without flaking all day! I got caught in an awful rainstorm and got totally drenched but my mascara stayed perfect! And yet it comes off so easily with makeup remover. The only con I would have to say is the top of the wand can get clumpy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 9:27:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first Benefit mascara I have liked. I hated Bad Gal, I mean absolutely hated it. But this? It is divine! It seperates, lengthens and provides a bit of volume. I will be repurchasing this as it is a bit cheaper than my HG Diorshow Extase. Well done, Benefit.
**UPDATE 12/26/2013** I am still in love with this mascara. Since I started using Careprost (generic Latisse) every mascara looks that much better and I absolutely love this! I am on my second tube and it is beginning to dry up a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Erissa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this mascara! A Masacara that doesn't smudge, makes my lashes long, seperated and look curled. No need for Falsies with this one. would definitely buy again. Only down side is the price, but I suppose you get what you pay for.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by addiktdtoprodukt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had really hoped this was "the one", but my hunt for the hg of mascaras continues. This stuff is near impossible to remove, and I am not exaggerating. My eyelashes are is really bad shape after using this mascara a few times over a 3 week period. Either the formula, or the lengths I have to go through to remove it, are making my lashes fall out. They're noticibly shorter and sparse. I love the wand, the look and feel of it, but it has to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by spookymoon

love love love this! gives me proper black long full eyelashes with a baeutiful curl that lasts ALL DAY. the only negative i have is that i could get caught in a tsunami, go swimming then take a shower in makeup remover and it still wouldnt budge. no mascara needs 2 b this waterproof!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by SophieKitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've never liked a mascara enough to write a review, and I've tried so many drugstore and department store versions. I want a specific result from mascara (which is probably why I'm often disappointed): A long, full, separated fan of eyelashes that retain a curl. Oh, and NO clumps or long yet thin, spider lashes. In other words, Im looking for the look of falsies without having to hassle with the things. This mascara over my Sheseido primer (the new formula) gets me as close to that look as I've ever been. They look amazing, and my eyes just pop! AND it lasts through the day and evening without flaking. I'm so happy that I didn't waste my money - again. I completely understand that others may not be wowed by this product, because I've had a lot of disappointments with highly rated mascaras. I had noticed this mascara a few times prior to purchasing, but it looked so gimmicky... If I hadn't noticed the SA's lashes at Sephora and asked her what she uses, I would have never bothered. This one is worth a shot! I may even splurge on the Diorshow primer now that I know I won't be wasting money on failed mascaras for a while. **EDIT 12/22** It has been a few weeks and I did buy the Diorshow primer for comparison. It could very welly be my lashes, but the Sheseido primer wins with the "They're Real," hands down. I'll have to get into primer reviews separately, but the Diorshow didn't add that same wow factor that I described above...It's all so frustratingly hit or miss, but this Benefit mascara + the Sheseido is still my ultimate combo for a more dramatic look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was disappointed when I applied the first coat of this mascara, but once the second coat went on - wow! Looked great! I have fairly long and thick eyelashes anyway, and to be honest I really don't think it is worth nearly 20. I get a cheap mascara from the market for 3 which has the same look.
It is also quite liquidy and I find that it takes ages to dry on my lashes, and flicks onto my cheeks. It doesn't take long to dry on skin though, so then I have black spots I need to get rid of.
Generally I don't like spending a lot on mascara anyway, and as I was disappointed with Benefits BadGal mascara, I don't think I would buy this one again either.
EDIT: I have been using this more, and feel a bit stupid. I don't generally curl my lashes as it is a faff and my lashes are long anyway, but when I did - wow! It really made a difference! So I have changed my review, I would buy again, but would ensure I curl prior to application for best results.