BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

1943 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 10/10/2012 7:29:00 PM

I will not be buying this mascara again--it was very disappointing, especially given the price. Basically it clumped up and made it look like I had four giant eyelashes. Even combing out my lashes didn't help. NOT impressed. I have no idea if it was the formula or the strange rubbery wand with little spikes on it, but I suspect it was a combination of both.

I usually like Benefit products a lot, despite their price, but this one...no way.

on 10/10/2012 11:52:00 AM

Love this mascara. Gets my lashes long and coated, in one coat, with no clumps. Even though it doesn't say it is waterproof, you will need a eye makeup remover to get it off. It doesn't budge. No fragrance, so it is good for sensitive eyes. It does make my lashes look like they're fake, but....they're real!

This mascara is awesome. It will make your lashes look fake! I get asked all the time if I have falsies on when I wear this..the only downfall is getting it off at night! I have to use TWO cotton balls on each eye with coconut oil, AND a makeup wipe!!

Be gentle when taking this product off!

on 10/7/2012 8:02:00 PM

It doesn't make me look like I have false lashes on, but it certainly adds length! I find it to be pretty similar to Maybelline's illegal length fiber extensions - minus the flaking. However, if you curl your lashes first, before using either mascara, you can clearly see that "They're real" gives you much better results. It's kind of pricey, but in my opinion it's worth it because it actually lasts longer than most mascara's - the tube holds a lot of product. This is currently my HG mascara, and also, the first and only mascara I am happy with wearing without layering another mascara over it.

on 10/6/2012 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'd been on the hunt for a good mascara for a while. Every brand I've had failed this summer and just slid right off halfway through the workday. I bought this because the SA said it would not flake or run, but I could still wash it off ( water resistant). I've gotten great results with it, but the clincher was this week. Stressful 11-hour work days, 99 degrees (in October, I know), and had to put our beloved pet to sleep. I cried and sweat buckets, and They're Real did NOT budge. Very grateful I have one less thing to worry about.

on 10/4/2012 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

By far the best non-waterproof mascara on the market. My HG is Maybelline the Falsies Flared. It gives beautiful volume and curl to my stick straight lashes. I bought They're Real after hearing so many glowing reviews and I am pretty thrilled with it. I love the coy name. The spiky plastic wand took some getting used to, but the little ball on the end really gets all your lashes coated. I have never had a mascara that could get the outermost lashes super defined for that super sultry look, where your lashes kind of mirror a cat eye. They're Real definitely does that. The brush has amazing separating power and the formula is extremely rich and dark. Once it dries, this mascara does not impart a crunchy feeling; the lashes are still flexible. I took one lippie off because this mascara does not hold the curl that I work really hard to achieve. I like to use it in conjunction with my HG for a long, voluminous, dramatic effect. The price is a little high compared to the $6 I pay for the Falsies but it is worth it. Lovely product!

on 10/4/2012 11:31:00 AM

The Benefit They're Real mascara is everything that one looks for in a mascara. It separates each and every lash whilst adding volume and length. The color is very black and the consistency is great,not too clumpy,thick or oily. This mascara is EXTREMELY waterproof and does not flake,smudge or melt at all. Definitely one of the best mascaras I have ever used,I get asked all the time if I am wearing falsies when I use it. Although it is expensive it is so worth the money.I would buy it again in a heartbeat!

on 10/2/2012 10:20:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Best mascara I ever used. Too bad is so expensive here in Brazil. I always have to look for it when I travel.

on 10/2/2012 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I really like this mascara. My lashes are pretty long to begin with, but sometimes mascara actually makes them look shorter - I know that doesn't make sense, but it happens. I like how it doesn't clump and stays put all day (and my skin is oily with a capital O!).

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I give this mascara a solid 3 lippies. It's not the worst or best out there. It casually floats along in the sea of a million mediocre mascaras that are out on the market. A mascara that doesn't allow mulitple coats and demands attention and patience is not a mascara for me. The brush claims to be a hot innovative concept with thin tiny plastic spikes all around and a tiny spiked ball on the tip. Hmmm, I'm pretty savy with makeup and even I found this brush to be foolish. For one, the barrel of the brush rakes my lashes and pulls them making them itchy and uncomfortable, almost like a torture device. The ball basically just pushes my lashes to the window then to the wall.......leaving gaps in the fringe. The formula is wet wet wet! Impossible to layer for more volume due to the formula being extremely wet. This mascara is a 2 coat max and anything more will cause great tragedy making lashes all clump together on each side resembling a vulcan salute. But, with two quick coats, I was able to achieve soft natural dark lashes that stayed pretty all day. Another problem though is this mascara tends to smudge on my lower lashes when my face is oily. For the price, I would skip this ho-hum mascara.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products