April 19, 2014 | 1708 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2009 6:22:00 AM More reviews by beingfollowed

I'm on my fifth bottle of this stuff and it's suddenly been taken off the shelves here in Australia. Not sure if it's been discontinued. I was drawn to this range because of it's extensive colour selection. I've been buying Alabaster which is just perfect for me. I've always had trouble finding foundation that matched my pale skin. This was the first foundation that wasn't too yellow. The liquid is light but offers a fair bit of coverage (could be a bit better on blemishes but is excellent on dark circles under the eyes). I have true combination skin and need to make sure the dry parts are well moisturised before applying this foundation otherwise it goes sort of grainy looking.

Unfortunately (at least here in Australia) the True Match line appears to have been reduced to about 5-6 different colours and the lightest one is too yellow for me :( :( :( True Match Alabaster, I will miss you!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2009 1:59:00 PM More reviews by saintsvalentine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

1W1 is a very good match for my nc15 skin tone, and I have a very hard time very a good color match. Every dept store brand i've used was either too dark, too yellow, or too pink or too bland. This shade lgoes on a little lighter than I would like it, but if you buff/blend in really well, it looks more natural. I use a good buffer/foundation brush. I'd like to try 1w2 maybe. I think it covers well; medium to full coverage IMO. I also like the bottle. I just tip some out of the bottle with my finger. I also remove the labeling from the cap and bottle and it looks pretty sitting on my vanity. I prefer a full coverage foundation, but the best i've used - cinema secrets - may be causing me to break out. This hasn't bothered my skin. I'll continue to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2009 7:49:00 AM More reviews by xokMb13

this is one of the things i think i'm going to stay with for a while. the colors go really well with just about any skin tone, and i like how it has sunscreen in too. it kinda makes my face feel more oily than usual, even though it's supposed to be oil free but i can't complain, it works verrry well :]

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by polkadotanne

I like this foundation. It was a perfect match for me (C1 Alabaster) and my cool-toned fair skin. I have pretty dry skin so I have to moisturize before I put any makeup on. I took off one lippie because it accentuated the sides of my dry nose, making it look a bit flakey. My skin only has a few blemishes, so I like my foundation to be light-medium. I wouldn't recommend this foundation to someone who is looking for full coverage or very oily skin. It's good for my skin though.

edit:

this foundation makes me break out like crazy, I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and I'm really not impressed, I guess it was lust a first sight, not love! It really makes me oily (and I am a dry face girl) and makes my nose look crusty, gross. Blah, horrible!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Aude89

I bought this as a last ditch attempt to find a drugstore foundation that would work well for me. I was skeptical about all the hype it was receiving, but was encouraged by the detailed shade selection and settled on N2, which I find to be a true neutral shade with balanced pink and yellow undertones. Unfortunately, I found too much wrong with this product to even think about repurchasing and, after a week of everyday use, I decided to go looking for a higher-end product.

The thing with this foundation is, it oxidizes terribly. Two hours after application, I had a orange outline around my jaw. Also, I thought the product just sat on top of my skin in a really obvious, almost chalky, way. I didn't think I'd have a problem with the bottle (I thought people were making too big a deal out of the lack of a pump dispenser) but it really is quite messy.

All in all, I sincerely regret shelling out 20 bucks for this stuff when I could have put that money towards buying a quality foundation at Sephora. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by angelika019

I use this foundation almost daily. It gives me a nice even finish without looking cakey and it doesn't break me out. It doesnt have the thickest coverage, but I just use concealer for things I need extra coverage on. In the winter I use a W3, and in the summer i use W6... and in between those extremes I use N4. This is the best foundation I have found in the drug store.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2009 12:30:00 PM More reviews by TartFuel1

I bought this product last year after I ran out of my usual, more expensive brand. I used the transparent card in the store to match my complexion and bought what was supposed to be a perfect match. It wasn't. I looked PINK!

The consistency was so thin so much of the product is wasted on the foundation brush or sponge applicator (I have tried it with both). I guess this make-up will match some people, and it is relatively inexpensive, but I really didn't like it at all and I was felt embarrassed at how bad looked on me when I went out. After only two uses, I trashed it and went back to my old foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by tv_viewer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I used to use this foundation about 2 years ago for a few years. I never had break outs with it but wanted to try new foundations. I tried MAC SFF and it gave me horrible cystic acne. After trying A LOT of different foundations today I caved in and bought my old stand-by, L'Oreal True Match in W1.

It covers my acne scars well and feels nice on my face. I don't understand why I ever stopped using it before.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by kmspizzirri

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I did a lot of research on this product before purchasing it. Apparently, I was hoping for more than it could deliver. It did not blend well into my skin. It looked like I was wearing a mask and appeared very heavy. I tried various ways of applying it only to come to the same unnatural result. My undereye lines were even more exaggerated by this makeup. I am very disappointed in this purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2009 12:06:00 AM More reviews by jemmaxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product dissapears right off my face.

The colours are gorgeous.

If only the staying power was better.

This was relatively expensive and the packaging can get messy.