April 24, 2014 | 1874 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Anjuchan

I've been looking for a good foundation for a while now, and this is it! All of the other brands I've tried have made the area around my nose horribly flaky but not so with this. It also matches my skin tone perfectly and was smooth. A perfect buy! I will be repurchasing this item again and again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by smuggie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted so badly to like this - the shade range and way my shade (W2) matched my skintone exactly, and of course, the accessibility and price! (To be fair, CDN price seems to be $13 to $16 per bottle... take that as you will, but for me, it is relatively low-cost.)

However, using it for about two weeks (to give the benefit of a doubt!), I've found that it turns my dry-cheeks-and-ever-so-slightly-oily-T-zone into a greasy, pimply mess.

The bottle is awkwardly shaped: being too small to dip a foundation brush, you have to sort of blot some out, or pour it out. I believe you end up wasting quite a bit because of this. However, the size of the bottle was attractive to me - it would be terrific for travel.

The foundation also rubbed off very easily, even when setting with various powders. Made a nasty, gooey mess of my BlackBerry screen.

So, aside from the fair colour match, this is not a good foundation choice. I'm returning what I bought and will, of course, not buy again.

Back to my HG, CoverFX, in spite of the cost!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2009 6:04:00 PM More reviews by roaker

Well i must say I am surprised i bought this again. I used it about five years ago. I decided to try it again. When I put this on with my prescriptives foundation brush, it looks great. Recently I took a chance and was using powder foundation. My skin started to get too dry. I will continue to use this for while. I still am on the hunt for the perfect foundation for me. I have never found it. I have tried alot of them. EDIT: Just stopped using this all together. There is really nothing great about this foundation. No staying power really.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2009 2:39:00 AM More reviews by shimmersparkle

This review is for L'Oreal True Match foundation. This is a liquid foundation with light to medium coverage. I like the fact that is has a SPF 17 sunscreen incorporated in it. The colour N5(beige) is not an exact match for my skin but can be used. The foundation blends well and is easy to use. However a major negative point was that it caused my skin to break out a little, especially if I kept it on for a longer time.Also the range could do with more shades as very few shades are available here in India.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by sharonaemy

So far, this is the best drugstore foundation I have ever tried. I bought it today and took the lightest colour I could find : R1 Rose Ivory which turned out to be perfect because it was light ENOUGH ! It had been almost impossible for me to find a d/s foundation that carried shades light enough for my skintone so that's a major plus. It's not the cheapest d/s foundation around, but it's cheap enough (around 14 bucks where I live).

It has good medium coverage, doesn't make your pores look bigger. So far, it hasn't broke me out either, it's not scented, does not feel heavy at all - when you touch your skin after applying it, it kind of feels like you've applied powder instead of a liquid.
It hasn't oxidized yet either, I hope it'll stay that way.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2009 1:45:00 AM More reviews by elleokay

This is the best drugstore foundation for color choices! I did have a good match (when I still had a tan) and the coverage was decent. It did oxidize somewhat, which wasn't that bad when I was darker, but it concerns me now that I'm embracing the pale. However, I stopped using it because it broke me out horribly.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2009 6:22:00 AM More reviews by beingfollowed

I'm on my fifth bottle of this stuff and it's suddenly been taken off the shelves here in Australia. Not sure if it's been discontinued. I was drawn to this range because of it's extensive colour selection. I've been buying Alabaster which is just perfect for me. I've always had trouble finding foundation that matched my pale skin. This was the first foundation that wasn't too yellow. The liquid is light but offers a fair bit of coverage (could be a bit better on blemishes but is excellent on dark circles under the eyes). I have true combination skin and need to make sure the dry parts are well moisturised before applying this foundation otherwise it goes sort of grainy looking.

Unfortunately (at least here in Australia) the True Match line appears to have been reduced to about 5-6 different colours and the lightest one is too yellow for me :( :( :( True Match Alabaster, I will miss you!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2009 1:59:00 PM More reviews by saintsvalentine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

1W1 is a very good match for my nc15 skin tone, and I have a very hard time very a good color match. Every dept store brand i've used was either too dark, too yellow, or too pink or too bland. This shade lgoes on a little lighter than I would like it, but if you buff/blend in really well, it looks more natural. I use a good buffer/foundation brush. I'd like to try 1w2 maybe. I think it covers well; medium to full coverage IMO. I also like the bottle. I just tip some out of the bottle with my finger. I also remove the labeling from the cap and bottle and it looks pretty sitting on my vanity. I prefer a full coverage foundation, but the best i've used - cinema secrets - may be causing me to break out. This hasn't bothered my skin. I'll continue to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2009 7:49:00 AM More reviews by xokMb13

this is one of the things i think i'm going to stay with for a while. the colors go really well with just about any skin tone, and i like how it has sunscreen in too. it kinda makes my face feel more oily than usual, even though it's supposed to be oil free but i can't complain, it works verrry well :]

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by polkadotanne

I like this foundation. It was a perfect match for me (C1 Alabaster) and my cool-toned fair skin. I have pretty dry skin so I have to moisturize before I put any makeup on. I took off one lippie because it accentuated the sides of my dry nose, making it look a bit flakey. My skin only has a few blemishes, so I like my foundation to be light-medium. I wouldn't recommend this foundation to someone who is looking for full coverage or very oily skin. It's good for my skin though.

edit:

this foundation makes me break out like crazy, I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and I'm really not impressed, I guess it was lust a first sight, not love! It really makes me oily (and I am a dry face girl) and makes my nose look crusty, gross. Blah, horrible!