December 22, 2014 | 1710 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by okrockon

I have never found a great foundation for my skin... I have never needed it until after I had a child, to be honest. So, that being said....
This product is pretty good. The match is great (I use shade w3) and it covers up the little inconveniences and blemishes decently. Not great for
heavy duty dark circles, not great for applying (I have the one with the silver cap) but otherwise, a pretty solid product. The coverage is medium, I'd say. I can still see my freckles after applying, but I consider that a good thing. It doesn't clog my skin, comes off easily and isn't irritating. No weird smell or side effect. It wears off after about 8 hours, but whatever. I'd recommend it and buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by marildu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Not super impressed. Product is very liquidy and thin. I really have trouble blending this for some reason. It dries quickly and it seems like the more I stipple on the less actually sticks to my skin. I have to use more concealer with this than most other medium foundations. My redness on my cheeks isn't covered at all and I don't have very much redness. It also emphasized my dry skin. Will not repurchase, but probably won't return.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2009 11:44:00 AM More reviews by jennab522

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I personally love this foundation. It provides medium coverage that I mix with a little lotion to give it a creamier texture and make it a tad glowy. I've used it for about 3 years now. I've tried bare minerals, chanel, nars, and countless others, and I like the $10 foundation more. I think with make-up it's not necessarily about only wearing one brand or solely devoting yourself to department store cosmetics, but to try them all and find out for yourself what looks best on your skin regardless of the price or brand name. This foundation does not make my eyes water like the more expensive make-up, the coverage is great, isn't oily, and it doesn't make me break out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using this foundation for a couple of years now in shades W6-W7 depending on what season it is and how tan I am.

PROS:
Matches my skin tone better than any other drugstore brand
Good medium-full coverage
Doesn't break me out
Has sunscreen

CONS:
Oxidizes to an ashy color if used without primer
Seems to sit on top of skin like a layer of makeup instead of looking natural

I keep buying this because it goes on BOGO sale a lot and it's the only drugstore foundation that comes close to my skin color and doesn't break me out... but I'd definitely switch to a more high end foundation if I could afford it but I can't right now.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by susanmariesmith

This is THE WORST foundation I've ever tried. I bought this based on Beautypedia recommendation. Should have looked at MUA before purchase. Color N2 is awful. It looked OK in the bottle, but was noticeably pink when I put it on my hand. Had an awful greasy/powdery feel....strange combination! Both color & texture were VERY obvious on my face. Thankfully, I purchased at CVS & will be able to get a refund.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by gem15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ick!! This product is terrible. It does not blend, it just stays on top of skin like this gross layer of greasiness. Yes, you can certainly match your skin tone, however, that's beyond the point when you can't blend it in so it looks NATURAL. There is no way in hell Eva Longoria and Beyonce actually use this in real life. It also broke me out a lot. Maybe it would work differently for someone with normal or dry skin, however if you have combo, oily or acne prone skin stay far FAR away!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2009 11:33:00 AM More reviews by pinknplush

This is the first liquid foundation I tried and I am not completely satisfied. I had high expectations since I heard many good things about this product. I'm not saying it's not okay.. maybe it just did not suit my needs. First, coverage is not seamless, it's quick drying so you have to be fast when applying. I got the G3 bottle since the saleswoman told me that it's the shade that would suit those with yellow undertone. As promised by L'oreal it would adjust to your skintone to match it perfectly.. that remains true. I had no problems whatsoever with the shade and good news that it has many shades to choose from. Remember that this is an oil-based foundation and if you're naturally oily it would bleed and would make you oil more. But for those with dry skin as me this foundation would work just fine. Also, I think it did not break me out in any sense.. but will edit if it does in the future. I will not repurchase as I still have a long way to go.. I'll go for the MUFE HD foundation next! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by enfantmignon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for years and years and years, though I rarely use it as a full on foundation. I mix this with my Olay Complete face lotion for something more like a tinted moisturizer. Okay, this sounds a bit gross but eventually the foundation gets caked in the bottle's cap--this is what I use for concealer. Weird, gross--but effective. And efficient! It doesn't seem to aggravate my acne-prone skin, but I don't wear makeup every day. I wear N1 in the winter and N2 in the summer. Both shades work well for me but if I cake it on it gets orangey--not pretty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

I have a genuine appreciation for this foundation. About five years ago when I was first started using liquid foundation regularly, this is waht converted me. I was a powder only girl for quite a while. Then I tried this and was very inpressed. The consistency is sublime. It goes on very smoothly and the coverage is great. It evens the appearance of your skin tone and covers blemishes very well. I love that it isn't too heavy. I have VERY sensitive skin and am forced to be VERY picky about foundations. A lot of them break me out, clog my pores and cause me to become more oily. I had no irritation with this. I switched over to the now defunct H.I.P. foundation, also by L'oreal. After using true match for a long time that became my HG! Then they discontinued it and I had to stock up on it like I was preparing for the makeup apocolypse! When I finish my bottles of L'oreal H.I.P., I will certainly go back to using this. Their color selection is fantastically extensive. True Match, H.I.P. and Chanel's Mat Lumiere are the only foundations I'll let touch my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Gogogo

I have an incredibly difficult skintone to match, and for some reason this looks fine when applied in the morning but masklike later on! I'm really choosy with my foundations however, and am totally put off by anything with what I feel is too much of a matte finish (it feels unnatural!) so I won't be buying this again because it made me seem really pale and was difficult for me to blend. The shade range is great though, I just wish they had testers like they did back home in Canada! I asked the lady at Fred Meyer why they had no testers, and she told me 'To stop spreading contageous diseases like AIDS!'...Really?