L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 2/3/2010 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I first wanted to try this out after I heard it was a staple in Dita Von Teese's makeup bag. I am super pale so I have a really hard time finding foundations that match my skin tone. This is hands down my favorite drugstore foundation. It has a creamy, heavier texture, but it blends really well. I have a problem applying this in one layer that gives me flawless coverage, so I do two thin layers and my skin looks near perfect, sans concealer. I also found that applying it this way doesn't feel as makeup-y.

The range of shades is incredible! I've so far used two bottles of C1 (for the winter when I'm paler), and N1 (for the summer when I'm ever so slightly tanner).

One star off for the annoying packaging. I hate the screw-top bottle- it makes the amount of foundation used really hard to control.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has to be one of the worst foundations that I have tried. I was using ColorStay and wanted to try this since there is such a wide range of colors.

However, after one week of using it, my skin is flaking off, and I have a rash like appearance on my face. I can't tell if it is acne or what but this is the only new thing I have been using. Even my husband asked me what was wrong, because he said it looked like I had the mumps or something!

It has minimal coverage and settles into every single line on my face. I'm only 34 so it isn't like have a lot of them YET but it ages me.

on 2/1/2010 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

The best foundation and powder that i have ever used, "HANDS DOWN!" I love them! I finally have found my makeup for all time, and hopefully this item will continue forever. It is so light, that i forget that I have on makeup. It goes very well with my skintone( I am a N8 Cappuccino in powder and foundation) and i am never oily as quick as if I use another product. If I am, then I just use the powder and my oil control powder and i am set. 2 minutes, and back to new all over again. Thanks L'Oreal!

on 1/30/2010 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I like this foundation. It's easy to apply, and stays on pretty well. But the colours! My skin is very fair, and on top of that with yellow undertone, so finding a suitible foundation is a nightmare. This range doesn't have a suitible colour. I also want a fountation with more moisturizing properties, wich this doesn't have. If you have medium coloured skin, and want semi-coverage to a modest price, then this is it. It's a good foundation, but not the best.

on 1/29/2010 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I adore this foundation...definitely a drugstore must have! I've been using it ever since it came out onto the market years ago. It didnt used to have SPF & I loved it then and still love it now. This liquid makeup is very blendable, covers blemishes & uneven skintone well, feels light, gives a natural look, has some powder finish to it (probably better for those without dry skin), and comes in many shades. I also like that it has SPF 17 sunscreen, oil-free and fragrance free, and contains vitamins B & E + glycerin. Most of all, it doesnt clog my pores or cause breakouts. I apply with a clean makeup sponge everytime for sanitary reasons & to get almost medium coverage. The price is reasonable; not cheap, but not expensive either. I think it would be nicer if it came in packaging with a pump on top. I will continue to use this makeup since it works great for me & I recommend it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

OK - first, let me state that I have incredibly pale skin and it is almost impossible for me to find a foundation light enough; this causes me to dislike foundations for the sole reason that they make me look orange and I concentrate more on the shade rather than the actual foundation. I always use L'oreal foundations because, though still a couple of shades too dark, they are the closest match I have found to my skin tone. This however is much darker than the other L'oreal foundations I have used (Infallible and Visible Lift) and is of a much thinner consistency which makes the coverage a lot lighter than I prefer.

This isn't the worst foundation, but it's definitely not the best either. It is quite long-lasting and because of the thin consistency is very light on the skin.

I recommend this foundation if you do not resemble Casper and prefer light-medium coverage.

on 1/25/2010 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

yeah, i have acne skin, and this foundation doesnt make me broken out.
but i think this foundation doesnt last long.

on 1/24/2010 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favorite liquid foundationn ever. I feels and look like my skin all day. I love how smooth it is, and how blendable it is, not like revlon color stay. I can build i up easily and it always look flawless. I am just so happy I have finally discovered the perfect foundation and shade for me (w5-6). It works best if you use your fingers.
Edit: This foundation broke me up like crazy :( and I never break out! Still trying to recover from the scars. After 3 weeks and still very visible. Thanks L'oreal!

on 1/24/2010 1:05:00 PM

This stuff is just too greasy looking for me. It makes my face feel oily and it doesn't last very long. Save your money and buy something else instead.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first liquid foundation, I usually use mineral makeup, and I LOVE it so far. PROS - It is truly a perfect match to my skin (Buff Beige-N4), it doesn't clog my pores, it gives me that great dewy look (easily hidden with some powder over your foundation), it has a great range of colors (it comes in three different skin tones and there's about seven shades in each skin tone), it's medium (buildable) coverage and it covers almost all my redness and my dark circles, and it has SPF 17. CONS - There's no pump, it doesn't last ALL day (but what foundation really does?), it costs $10 US (kind of expensive for drugstore brand), and it smells like sunblock.
I haven't had any problems with it transferring onto my clothing/hands/other peoples clothing. Basically this is the first foundation I've tried and I love it, I just wish it had a pump!

Video Reviews & Tutorials