L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love the packaging, and the color selection. I also completely agree with one of the reviewers below me that the longer you wear it the better it looks. The other day after playing a TWO AND A HALF hour-long softball game I looked in the mirror and much to my surprise my skin looked flawless, better than it did when I applied it 10 hours earlier that day.

UPDATE:I won't repurchase, because I prefer pumps, and I don't love the makeup itself that much. It doesn't stay very long on me either. I don't like the finish either, I prefer a dewy-ish look rather than the powdery one this gives me. Oh well, it wasn't awful, just not for me. I won't repurchase.

on 5/5/2010 8:41:00 PM

In my search for a great liquid foundation, I tried L'Oreal True Match. This is a great foundation: the consistency is runny, but blends on well with a foundation buffing brush. The level of coverage is light to medium, depending on how much of the product you use.

It left me with a matte finish, and less oil buildup in my t-zone than normal. It feels like I have light to no foundation on and covered all spots or scars without the need for concealer.

The only bad aspects of this product that I see is the packaging: gotta be careful otherwise a huge amount of product just runs out of the glass bottle and I can't find my color. The color swatch gizmo at the store is great and I matched for the N1 and also C1 colors, but when I tried both on at home, one had noticeable pink undertones and the other had a muted undertone that didn't completely match my face. Tried blending it in further to the neck but it didn't help. I would definitely repurchase this item if I can find my color, but until then, I'm sticking to my Asian makeup company foundations (I've had non-Asian friends compliment me on my skin and ask what product I was using - they went out and found it - Iope or Laniege, tried it and loved the color and results).

on 5/2/2010 5:57:00 PM

I like this product a lot! I just wish it had a pump ): It stays on nice, but I have a hard time finding the perfect shade for me, and sadly, I couldn't find it. I'm still looking though! There's plenty of color choices to choose from. I love how this make-up doesn't settle on my pores.

on 4/29/2010 11:01:00 PM

First of we can all agree the color selection is amazing and if u cant find ur color i dont know what can :P. That being said this is the second foundation i have EVER used on my face and i swore by it so much i bought a backup bottle the next day (W3). i have since stopped using foundation all together but i occasionally bust this out for special occasions. It is a medium coverage so u definatly need to use concealer on problem areas. i was battling with super dry skin and the spf somehow helped moisturize it. It gives a healthy, dewy glow and seams so seamless to the rest of your body's skin some people thought i had no face makeup at all!! I guess what most people don't like very much it could make some people oily & wear off but i solved this by using clean & clear oil sheets that help soak up any excess oil and foundation so that it looks even and lasts longer. the other negative would be the lack of pump. i however like the bottle and what was in the cap and surrounding neck of the bottle was all i needed to cover my face!! plus, i hated using sponges or brushes, so i just warmed it up with my fingers and smoothed it on to my skin. ive always had a large bottle of hand sanitizer on my makeup stand to disinfect my hands with each step of my makeup process, so i never saw this as any more unsanitary than reusing a brush or changing makeup sponges ;)

on 4/29/2010 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was the first foundation I purchased. First off, the color selection is amazing. Almost everyone can find their shade. My shade is Buff Beige N4, meaning I have neutral undertones. My skin is combo/oily. This foundation gives a matte finish and can look cakey at times. When I first used this, I hated it. I rarely wear foundation; only for special occasions. I have dark peach fuzz on my face and this foundation accentuated every single hair. But I figured out what I did wrong. I used a large amount of it so it looked streaky, uneven, and cakey. If you have severe acne, I do not recommend this because my sister tried it out (she has really bad acne) and it was just...awful. To be honest, you only need a small amount. I dipped my finger in the cap and dotted it on areas with blemishes and hallelujah! My skin looked great. You only need a tiny, tiny amount. I prefer a nice, dewy finish but this was okay for being matte. The packaging sucks though. I'm not a huge fan of the glass bottle because you could accidently pour a lot out. The coverage is probably medium-full considering I only use a small amount. However, I would not re-purchase this. I still have a whole bottle and I'm sure there are better foundations out there.

on 4/28/2010 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a great foundation. I have dry skin; had been using MAC StudioTech NW20. However, it had started looking cakey/dry on me. This foundation leaves my skin looking both natural and radiant. It blends so easily, it's like it disappears into your skin. It doesn't feel like I have anything on my face. It doesn't have quite as much coverage as the True Match Compact foundation. C3 is just a little too dark; N2 is perfect. Whatever their "optical pearls" are, I believe they work.

on 4/28/2010 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Usually I don't wear foundation but I bought this just in case with my pressed powder and concealer. The consistency is good but not too thick which is a good thing for me. The color match my skin tone nicely but the packing is distasteful for me. I wish they would change it.

The reason why this get 3 lippies because I am not a big fan of ANY foundation but it still a good product since this didn't make me break out

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Disgusting! This stuff looked oily as hell even while I was applying it and it broke me out like nothing I have ever tried before. Granted, this was a few years ago and maybe the formula has improved since then, but I am not willing to take a chance.

on 4/26/2010 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I have W1 Porcelain and I love this foundation. It matches my skin tone perfectly and it stays all day. It dries quite fast so that you have to work quickly, but the finish is great.

on 4/26/2010 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Did not like this product the first time I used it. I thought it was too shimmery for my oily skin and it also accentuated my large pores. I got the color W5 which I found to be too yellow and a bit light for my skin tone. I now combine this with my Revlon colorstay foundation (which is too dark for me) and I really like the result.

Video Reviews & Tutorials