September 19, 2014 | 1973 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by krm4h

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was very optimistic about this cleanser, as I feel that the philosophy line is pretty well respected. However, it immediately made my face break out. Will not try any of their skincare products again anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 11:30:00 AM More reviews by guil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser. I wear full makeup, so foundation, blush, eyeshadow, mascara and eyeliner. This removes everything. I don't use waterproof and i don't use it to remove lipstick. This melts away the makeup and the few times I followed with a toner, the cotton ball was clean, so it really does remove everything. I use this only at night to remover my face and cleanse before bed.

I have combination (normal/oily) skin, prone to occasional breakouts. This has not added to my breakouts. It does have a distinctive scent, but I do find it enjoyable. I will repurchase this, as I think I have finally found a good all purpose cleanser!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2008 4:55:00 AM More reviews by ellakate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this cleanser. I used it for 2 weeks and saw my complexion clear up a bit, redness reduce, forehead and nose become less oily and my skin was never dry. It smells lovely and is a treat to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by marleypup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Violet

I actually didn't expect to change a thing about my skincare. I am happy removing my makeup (which is minimal most days) with some creamy moisturizer and a cloth.

However I received a sample packet of this lovely stuff with my QVC order of my very first Philosophy 3-in-1s. I was sucked in. The ingredients are nice. I love the essential oils and absolutes--the lack of synthetic perfume makes it easy on my eyes (pun...). It also smells great for nighttime.

I have oily/combo/acne-prone skin, so the oils scared me. I found that they actually deep clean into my pores if I rub long enough, gently. I finish up with a bit of LUSH Fresh Farmacy solid complexion soap and moisturize.

This is a very effective product as far as makeup removal and moisturization goes. It takes off the thickest, ickiest mascara coating.

The packaging is neat and minimalist, which I love.

A little goes a long way, but the price is a tad high. Still, for what I view as a high-quality product that my picky skin takes to...love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by mam4993

All hype! I've been using this cleanser for three weeks now and it definitely does not live up to the hype or price. If anything, I've been breaking out more since I've been washing with it. The texture is definitely too thick for my liking. I heard someone from Philosophy on QVC saying that you shouldn't wet your face before applying this, but that makes it impossible to spread around. I really need to stop watching QVC.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2008 1:12:00 PM More reviews by she_thinks_it

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this cleanser, because it gets off all the dirt and the day's makeup after my evening workout. I don't notice the smell at all, and I like that I don't have to use a separate makeup remover to get my makeup off before washing my face. I have combination skin which is also acne-prone and while I find that this doesn't do the most stellar job of staving off acne, it certainly doesn't make it worse, either. It's a nice "everyday" cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2008 1:58:00 AM More reviews by desertmom4

Is it just me or does Philosophy's skincare line have an awful smell to it? I received this in a kit with other Philosophy skincare items, and I was excited to try this cleanser as I read this stuff is supposed to cleanse, remove make-up, tone, and moisturize, basically an all-in-one. To begin, the texture is thick, not runny which is good as it doesn't run out of your hands when you activate it w/ water. It lathered up pretty well in my hand before I applied it all over my face. The slight scent ( hard to describe), was bothersome, but not as bad as their HIAJ (ewww). It rinsed off pretty well, I didn't feel like I had a film of any sort on my face, but I did notice that it made my skin sometimes feel tight and dry. I thought this stuff was supposed to also moisturize a bit? It didn't completely take off all my make-up as I still had traces of mascara and e/l on...on QVC ( where I ordered it from), the model was wearing a full face of m/u, mascara and e/l included, and it seemed to come off her face after she washed w/ Purity Made Simple ~ perhaps it was TV magic to amaze someone like me into purchasing it. All-in-all, I didn't care for this facial cleanser. I have since moved onto cleansing oil, and that does take off all traces of m/u, and leaves my skin feeling soft, and looking clean. I will NOT be repurchasing or recommending Purity Made Simple to anyone!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2007 11:28:00 PM More reviews by parkbench28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a big no-go for me. I liked the smell, but it really dried out my skin and clogged my pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2007 4:32:00 PM More reviews by jgsawy0uth

This is a gentle cleanser I needed for my combination skin after starting on differin cream. I use it in conjunction with my clarisonic face brush and it works very well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2007 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Joke

I use this every day now, I wouldn't say this product is an exciting product, but it does the job. And it doesn't cause any break outs (a miracle for me :)). It'sa nice & soft cleanser and I will rebuy once out of it.