La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Ecalyptus) Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Heliuanthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

on 7/24/2003 10:09:00 AM

i wish this came in a squeeze tube instead. i have had a 2 oz jar for a year and use it almost daily. i have about 30% left, this stuff is expensive but has lasted me a long time.

anyway, i ended not using this product for a month and my skin got dry and splotchy. once i started using it again , i got my baby smooth peaches n' cream complexion back and my small pimples went away in 4 days.

this stuff is expensive and it very oily like everyone says, but my skin is at it's best. i am willing to pay for this and this jar will go over a year.

on 7/24/2003 1:12:00 AM

Out of all the la mer products I like this on the best, even though i have combo -oily skin... I use it as eye cream at night, and to put on when my skin gets stressed or occasionaly dry... it does provide a great deal of moisture.. i can't say whether it works on lines and wrinkles cause i have none. So I think I will Keep This one.

on 7/23/2003 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I agree with the MUA users! I was intriqued by all the hype, so when I got a sample from Neiman Marcus I decided to try it! Well, it made me break heavily and did nothing. Am I glad I didn't like it because it is absurdly expensive at $1,000.00 prices!

on 7/23/2003 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've bought the 1oz again after reading Instyle Magazine for all celebrities raved about it. I've used this cream before when I was combo/acne-prone and broke out like crazy and probably using too much. So as I turned 31 and my skin started to dehydrate and dry, I thought this cream might work this time so I bought it. I've only used it night for two weeks and I was really careful with the amount I've used (used with spatula) and warmed up with my fingers and tap tap tap. I was really hoping I will wake up with glowing face... :-))Instead of waking up with glow, I woke up with small whitehead every morning which went away pretty quickly so I thought maybe this cream is helping to detoxify my pores and letting all the bad stuff out.. It continued for two weeks and my skin just looked awful. I just got huge red zit (last time I got one of those was 10 years ago)one of those underneath surface that hurts really bad!! I called SA who sold me this and told her about the problems that I was having and she flatly said she never heard of this kind of problem before and I need to go see dermatologist..(geez, thanks for the input). I am going back to my night moistrizer, Clarins Gentle Night Cream. In fact, I used it last night and my skin just looked so much better and much more even toned. Please do not believe the hype of this cream. I think it's just expensive with too much pore clogging ingredients such as mineral oil. I am so glad I did let it all out:-))

on 7/18/2003 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Way too expensive for what it does - which isn't much. I used it for a month - with no visible results.

on 7/15/2003 3:19:00 PM

I bought this product after I read about the special way it was made, I used it for 3 days and I have to day my skin is flawless, and I would definately buy it again

on 7/15/2003 3:58:00 AM

This is a very oily product. If you open the jar, depending on its age, you will see what appears to be oil the consistency of salad dressing. I showed it to my dermatologist who agreed that it looked extremely comedogenic. I wouldn't use this again under any circumstances. Complete hype, incomplete performance. You'd be better off putting Wesson oil on your face (which I don't recommend), which is far less expensive, and equally unacceptable.

on 7/11/2003 11:26:00 AM

Great product!! I read in a previous MUAers review that this cream worked wonders on the undereye area. I got a sample of this and used it under my eyes for two months then HAD to buy it. I am 22, but my undereye area was very dry from the city pollution and the winter air, but this product worked wonders. Even my family and friends noticed the improved texture of the area under my eyes. I know this is very expensive, but since I am only using this as an undereye cream, it should last for over a year. I have used Origins, Juvena, Neutrogena, Chanel, and Lancome, and nothing comes close to this cream. I would say skip the La Mer eye cream and use the face cream instead!! Wonderful!!!

on 7/9/2003 5:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My complexion adores this expensive cream! I've only been using it for about a week, and normally wait at least a month before reviewing a skin care product, but I just have to go ahead and rave. When I used CDLM for the first time, I had the very beginnings of one of those nasty, sore hormonal-type cystic blemishes, and in the morning it was gone! Vanished without even a hint of redness...even benzoyl peroxide can't do that for me! The oil-production on my nose has totally regulated, and I don't even have to touch up with powder unless I'm going to be out in the summer heat. My skin used to be combination, but now it's becoming more "normal". I've been using CDLM morning and night, and for the daytime, I also follow with a coating of La Mer's SPF 18 Fluid for sun protection. The combination of those two products has made a great difference in the appearance of my complexion...I finally have a soft dewy glow that so many color cosmetics have failed to deliver. I can now get away with wearing only a bit of concealer for some fading healed blemishes (and boy are they fading fast with this cream!), and a bit of blush. I couldn't be more pleased! I'm already starting to receive compliments on my glowing complexion...needless to say, I will be repurchasing:) I find that you can notice a change in consistency of the CDLM after it's sufficiently warmed between the fingertips (it becomes slightly slippery, as opposed to thick and pasty when you first begin), and then you really do need to just press the cream into your skin...just keep moving your hands to different areas and gently press. The cream does absorb completely in a matter of minutes, and it provides an excellent base for your makeup. This is definitely a holy grail for me, as no other skincare product has made such a drastic improvement in my 29-year-old skin in such a short amount of time.

on 7/8/2003 4:35:00 PM

I bought a trial size product on ebay. I found it really thick and tough to apply even after rubbing it between my fingers. I have found much lower priced products that moisturize as well and at 45 an fine lines starting it did nothing for me.

Popular Moisturizers