October 31, 2014 | 854 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2003 12:26:00 PM More reviews by ingenue

My cold-weather HG face product. I bought my first pot after I broke out in a mysterious rash that left my face hugely puffy, with extremely dry, flaky patches. It was horrible, to say the least...I can honestly say that I have great skin, so seeing my skin in such trauma was just a huge shock. I tried EVERYTHING to get rid of the dry patches, from EL Advanced Night Repair, EL ReNutriv, Clinique DDML...all the heaviest moisturizers I could get my hands on, I tried. But nothing worked, not even Vaseline! They just left my skin greasy, and the flakes didn't go anywhere.
As a last resort, I turned to Creme de La Mer. Even though it left a huge dent in my wallet, I was so glad that I spent the money because not only did a little go a long way, it cleared my skin up - flakes and all - within 24 hours. I thought it would leave my skin greasy, but it didn't: it absorbs almost immediately, and leaves skin soft as a baby's bottom, with a delicate scent.
The product comes with its own little spatula (hey EL, take a hint!), so no contamination from dipping fingers into the pot. It has a consistency of thick whipped cream, and a small dab is enough to cover a pretty large area. It comes with great directions on how to warm up the product between your fingers before applying it, which I think is a crucial step because it activates certain ingredients in the creme itself. Because it *is* so thick however, I'm not sure I'd use it during the humid summer months...I'll be switching to the SPF fluid version of this. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2003 12:11:00 PM More reviews by KSAP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have heard and read so much about the miracle workings of Crème de La Mer that I had to try it for myself…in sample form, that is! I received a generous sample of the original Crème de La Mer, the serum, oil absorbing lotion and the eye balm. As skin care it’s nothing special; however, the eye balm makes the BEST eyelash conditioner. My lashes are longer and thicker than they have ever been.

I have a short update to add to this review: Recently, while at the Nordstrom cosmetics counter, I encountered a very nice woman, I’m guessing here, in her 60s raving about the "miracle" results she’s experienced with Crème de La Mer. This woman was obviously quite wealthy and could, again I am guessing, afford anything she wanted. I was SHOCKED…her skin looked like it had the makings of a quality crocodile hand bag! My only thought at that point was, I wonder what she started with…and…she should be throwing her money at Botox. The moral of this story...IMHO...if your complexion starts to head south, put the $$$$$ you would use to pay for this product into a cosmetic surgery fund;)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2003 2:49:00 AM More reviews by shenshen

I have been using this creme as my night time moisturizer for over a year now, it hydrates my skin very well and did not cause any clogging problems. It will stay on my list of night time moisturizers.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2003 8:02:00 AM More reviews by mom42

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The moisturizer is way too emollient for me so I bought the lotion version and it is great. At first I thought I'd been "had" by buying such expensive lotion, but now that summer is here and I am wearing sunscreen in the day I can totally see how much better my skin looks and feels with La Mer. Also, I NEVER get break-outs with it and I often have very picky skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2003 10:32:00 PM More reviews by snowcone831

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is the worlds biggest joke. I tried my girlfriends who happens to buy into the hype. It was nothing special with a big price tag. I asked my dermatologist about this stuff and after he stopped laughing, he said the industry truly knows what suckers women are. Ladies dont waste your money on this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2003 5:10:00 PM More reviews by cmnakamoto

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin is too oily to handle this cream. It's very hydrating and leaves your sking feeling slightly greasy. I can only use it at night during the colder months. And the price! Yikes!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2003 9:20:00 PM More reviews by gizmorocky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried everything for my super sensitive Asian skin (Sonya Dakar, Sjal, Estee Lauder, etc.) and I always end up coming back to la mer. While it is expensive, I don't have to buy eye cream or lip balm. The heavy consistency did throw me off at first, but my skin stays hydrated all day and I do miss the "glow" when I've switched to other lines. This is my old faithful and I'll always have a jar on my nightstand!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2003 10:40:00 AM More reviews by missm

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While I do believe in the "power" of this cream, it doesn't work for my skin type. Using the proper application technique, I tried to use this for extended periods. Each time, my skin broke out wildy. La Mer does impart a sort of film or coating on the skin (I could feel it even after I washed my face). My skin is very sensitive and breakout prone, and this is just too occlusive. It clogged my pores and gave me bumps. I finished out the jar using it as a neck cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2003 3:49:00 PM More reviews by sidney

The cream does miracle. I started to use the whole La Mer line two years ago (cleanser, toner, oil-absorbing lotion AM in summer, Moisturing lotion AM in winter and the miracle cream all year round at night. I bumped into more than 3 People who hasn't seen me since high school when I travel back to my home land last year and they just could not believe what La Mar has done to me. I've got better skin than 10 years before. Can't remember how many friends actually turned to La Mer because of my amazing experience. It's really expensive but you really will see the difference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2003 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Anda

I just repurchased (small pot lasted almost a year) and got the big pot as well as the spf18 fluid. FANTASTIC. I'm 22, but I agree with some reviewers that it's a worthwhile investment. At least if it works for you. This totally works for me. It's really hot where I am, and I never had a problem with this because you can control how much you pat on. For me, it made my skin glow and acne scars fade out faster. It's never broken my combi-skin out and my skin's gradually normalized with usage. It took me about 1-2 weeks to really see results, but I've totally loved it ever since. I threw all my other creams out and use this every day. Considering how long one small jar lasted for me, I think it's in fact cheaper than a lot of other comparable creams out there. I also find that when it's melted down, it's not heavy like other rich creams at all. I DO use vaseline on my face sometimes, and it's a good product (how glorious if such a cheap product could replace my precious Creme!) but it doesn't quite come close. CDLM has effectively relegated all my expensive repair serums to the back of the drawer since it works just as well as them and includes moisture at the same time. It also works as soothing cream when my skin is irritated, and I even pat a tiny bit on my feet when I get blisters from new shoes. Heals them up super quick, altho I take care not to use too much!!
For the 1st time in years, I'm actually considered by those around me as having flawless skin! If this doesn't get me sold, nothing will!