April 20, 2014 | 1287 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by mkblv

This is a great foundation to discover when you are starting off with makeup. I found the formulation alot nicer than Revlon Colorstay.

It was my everyday foundation for a good year or two until I went away to a warmer climate and it just felt too heavy and very greasy. I then purchased Macs Mineralize Satinfinish which was a nice change because of its light texture. I'm still using the satinfinish now, even back from my trip and I ended up giving the fix fluid to my older sister who needed a foundation and she loves it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by alilstar23

Worst foundation. Looks like you added a pound of oil on your face, clogs your pores and broke me out. Would NOT recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by taciturnxlove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible for people with sensitive skin, I bought this in hopes of not breaking out like the Studio fix powder. Of course that was not the case, even after almost a week, the bumps it gave me still has not fully gone away. I didn't like the coverage it gave, either. Just wasn't enough to cover my slightly lighter skin discolorations on my cheeks. Made it OBVIOUS I was wearing makeup; which is never a good thing. I returned this product after a week of use. It's terrible.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2009 8:10:00 AM More reviews by 08Emily89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know if it's just me but this makes me skin SUPER oily.. I mean like a kind of oily i've never seen before... Which is such a shame because the colour match is perfect nc35 sometimes nc37... :(

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2009 7:35:00 PM More reviews by AspiringItGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont even know where to start. *sigh*

I think i was duped into buying this by the MA at the MAC counter, either that i or was temporarily colour blind! The shade seemed to match my skin tone in the store and i am also wary of that because we all know store lighting can be... misleading. I suppose the shade was the right colour but i cant see anybody looking remotely human in NC45... I certainly didnt. I know that some people have warm skin tones and some people have cooler, but this made me look GREY...! I was so thoroughly disappointed but stupidly continued to use it by mixing it with a darker shade id bought previously and never used... BAD IDEA. I have never broken out so badly, i mean i dont even need make up to break me out- that happens anyway! It just sits on top of the skin and made me look ill. Even if they found the absolute perfect shade for my skin i would not be buying this again, the formulation is awful and many friends of mine with different skin types have said this also.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by jasmine1765

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I used a sample of this product first. I was pretty fed up with Mac and foundations in general. Ive used Mary Kay, foundation from the Body Shop, and the NC 35 Select. None of these matched my skin, or went on smooth enough. I accidently told the lady i was a NC30 which used to make my face look white, and she gave me a sample of the NC35 in Studio Fix. I love it, it goes on so smooth. I use a moisturizing face cream, leave it on for a few minutes, and then put my primer on. And then I apply this and set it off with the studio fix powder. I will stick to this, until I find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 1:24:00 PM More reviews by NeonPunk

Im on my 3rd bottle of this & its pretty much amazing. I apply this with my 187 and it looks flawless. I get a lot of compliments and it doesnt break me out. Will buy again

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2009 1:05:00 PM More reviews by emmalaymla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The girl at Mac talked me into buying this. She promised that I was an NW 15. I thought it was too dark. I got home and found out that I was right. They don't make a shade light enough for me. It also dried me out (which she promised it wouldn't) The skin on my forehead was flaking even though I had prepped my face and made sure there was a smooth canvas for application. No brush or sponge made a difference . It made me look orange. I mixed with some cetaphil lotion and used it was a tinted moisturizer just to use it up. I don't think Mac foundations are for me. I actually had better luck with Revlon color stay.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2009 1:37:00 PM More reviews by stopcryingurheartout

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-Relatively well-priced for a department store foundation
- Lol that's about it

Cons:
- Super super drying. I have combination skin and dry spots around my nose; this makes it worse! I just hate that, it gets worse especially in the dry Australian winter.
-NC25 was way too yellow. I have strong yellow/olive undertones, and this foundation made me look more yellow? It was weird

Recommended for:
-No one. I would get something better. Though I'm still trying to find my HG.
-People with no dry skin whatsoever.
-If you can find a right shade without making you too yellow.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by eriikax3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i bought this product because it gives me an all over FULL coverage. although this product is good to cover all over your face it gets everywhere. it does not stay on your face so i reccomened those who want to buy this , buy a setting powder along with it and set it also with powder foundation because i believe it looks best combined. i am an nc30 olive skin with dry and an oily t zone so i reccomend this for a flawless look.