July 31, 2014 | 1681 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2009 4:59:00 PM More reviews by mimita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I was a little wary after reading many stories of breakouts, but so far - I've been using it for about two months now - I've only had my usual occasional blemishes. I'm about NC20, though NC20 is a bit darker, NC15 matches my neck better but is a bit too light on the face, and NW15 is a bit too orange. Maybe I'll end up buying NC15 too and mix them. It has really good coverage, but if you moisturize your skin enough it can look pretty natural. I really like preparing my skin with Illamasqua Matt primer (I think they work well together in keeping the oil at bay) and apply SFF with Illamasqua Blusher brush 1, setting it with a light dusting of loose powder. Two pumps are enough and at the end of the day it's still there. I still dream of THE perfect foundation, the one that 1) really looks like skin, 2) makes pores invisible, 3) doesn't melt like butter on my combination/oily skin, 4) matches my skin color perfectly, but until I find it this will be my foundation. Edit: Though I think in the meantime I've found my HG foundation in MUFE HD Invisible cover in 115, I still think SFF is a great foundation. I recently bought NC15 and started mixing the two shades in a little pot. It's not a big deal, maybe 1 minute more in my makeup routine. And the colour is much more balanced this way. I also started using it with Illamasqua Satin primer, since my skin has been drier lately. I think that Matt primer and SFF work well if you're really oily,otherwise SFF already has a pretty matt finish. So, if you are not that oily, the Satin primer is much better as a finish, more natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2009 5:25:00 AM More reviews by laquiche

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This one is a good basic foundation, it doesn't make me break out but it doesn't keep my face shine free all day even with powder :(
The coverage is really good and my skin still looks natural.
The big color choice can be a problem because I think I've tried all of them before finding the good match for winter (nc25) and for summer (nc40 to 45 it depends on how I'm tanned)
For the price it would have been better to get the pump with it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by shopw8oomuch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good foundation to use on special occasions or when taking photographs. I used to use it on a daily basis and it caused me to break out. It's just too thick and heavy feeling for me although it provides awesome coverage. My skin is very oily and acne prone and it just doesn't agree with this for daily use. Too bad because it looks great when I wear it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2009 8:05:00 AM More reviews by makeupobssessed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation, I love this foundation so much and have tried so so many. This is the closest colour match that I ever tried!! I live in australia so it is very humid, this foundation seems to last for hours in the hot weather. I apply this with a mac 187 and get a flawless airbrushed finish, and i dont need to use a powder to set , This is a full coverage foundation with a matte finish and I would only recommend this foundation for those ladies with dry skin as the formula is oil based, people with acne prone skin or oily skin should by pass this as it can cause break outs.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by lillovelygrl33

I know this is a HG product for many people, but I was disappointed with the results. The NC20 the MA matched me with was far too yellow, but that was not the real issue. I do not usually have problems with reactions to cosmetics but...wow. I have had serious break outs after using this. The coverage is nice, but I can't deal with breaking out like a teenager again just to use this!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by gearslut

While the coverage and the colour match is good, the smell is horrendous. Even my 4-year old daughter could smell it after I applied it and was holding her nose saying "Yuck! What's that smell?". It applied smoothly with my Prescriptives foundation brush and I did not need to use concealer over the blemishes. After I applied a dusting of Benefit's Get Even.

It stayed on all day without getting too shiney but by 3 pm (applied at 7am) it started to "crackle" and settle into the lines and pores. I could still smell it too.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by ssimpson530

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I was originally using the Studio Tech, emollient cream foundation by MAC and so when I decided to change to a liquid, I wanted to have something that would give me medium to full coverage or atleast something buildable. Studio Fix Fluid is an amazing product that does just that. Pair it with a MAC MSF natural and you have full coverage. I would say its fairly cheap considering most high end foundations are expensive and MAC is on the lower end of high end retail. The only drawbacks are I have to buy a foundation pump to portion controll how much I use (which is a good thing because a little goes a long way) and that the foundation is on the warmer side bringing out orange :[. It tends to fade after a while, but thats what primer is for!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Michelle1410

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I realy love this foundation. It's really important to find
the right colour. If your foundation is to dark
or just 1 sade to light you can look like a carrot or a banana.
But if you have the right colour. THEN YOU ARE IN LOVE.
But it's very important to moisture your face very good.
If not you get break out very quickly. Some people use
tinted moisterizer to moisture but it's not enough.
You really need a good moisterizer underneath to protect
your skin so it won't break out. If been true al these process.
And I realy wanted to like this foundation.
Finaly I love it.'And to use fix plus before you use
moisterizer will also help to protect your skin from breaking out.
Sometimes the combination of moisterizer and this foundation
can also make you break out. So you realy need to find
the right combination.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by JacieO

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I think there are definitely tricks to getting the application right with Studio Fix. They will differ from person to person, but here are mine:

a) Prep the skin with a primer. I use the Mac Prep and Prime Skin base and it works a treat.

b) Apply with your fingers. Everytime I try to apply this with a brush, it comes out looking cakey and unnatural. Using your fingers warms the formula and makes it easier to spread across the skin. It also gives a more natural finish.

c) Once you've finished apply, buff with a kabuki brush. This will even out the finish.

d) Set with powder. I use MAC's Transparent Finishing Powder (I'm on a MAC kick at the moment so most of my face products are MAC).

I find that, if I apply the Studio Fix this way, I get a beautiful result that lasts all day.

Having oily skin, I still need to blot at lunch and then reapply some of the finishing powder but, compared to previous foundations where I had to blot on the hour every hour, this is a godsend.

The formula itself is thick, offering medium coverage. However, if you mix in with some moisturiser, you can get a tinted moisturiser effect.

Overall, this is a great foundation. It's not my HG, but it does a great job.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Laaadidaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG High coverage foundation. Others Ive tried include Estee lauder Double Wear and Revlon Colorstay...and they do not compare to MAC SFF. I find my best colour matches in MAC as i have tanned skin with strong yellow undertones. My brother's gf used to work for MAC and is now a freelance makeup artist so i have many different shades of SFF to mix and match with from NC 20 to 40, i find it extremely easy to mix the colours to find my perfect match, depending on the season.
I have pretty dehyrated skin so i always use a good amount of moiturizer and pat on Clarins Beauty Flash Balm for an extra boost underneath this foundation. I find best results when applied with the 187 brush and stippled in!! i cannot stress that this method will indeed give your skin a flawless airbrushed appearance. Granted i do not wear this foundation everyday, only for nights out or on days when i need my makeup to last (Ive applied this foundation at 3:30am one morning and it looked perfect when i got home at 10pm after na extremely busy day), so i cannot say how continued use of this foundation impacts on my skin in regards to breakouts, but im very happy using this foundation 1-2 times a week and it lasts for ages as you only need a small amount