October 31, 2014 | 1524 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by CactusWren

I used this product for approximately two weeks. I applied it with a brush and tried it with a primer as well as without a primer. I wanted to like this foundation but it broke me out. I did notice that if I applied concealer first as sort of a buffer - my skin seemed a lot calmer. The smell is pretty strong as lasts a while (I think until you get used to it). Coverage is great - I didn't need much to cover up hyper-pigmentation from old acne - especially when applying with a stiff brush. The price is decent (I paid $26.00). Unfortunately, I ended up returning it to the store and returning to my hunt for that elusive HG foundation...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Sophia17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It has been my staple liquid foundation for 2 years. Until now it's one of the few liquid fndts that never broke me out and I have to say I'm surprised that the one fndt that it never broke me out is from Mac. I've also tried the powder form and it broke me out, I also tried the Face & Body from Mac and this one broke me out too. SFF has a thick consistency especially after the 1st year. I use the NC25, which is the right tone for me but very yellow, and that makes me look sick sometimes and I need more bronzer when I use it, to make my skin look healthy again. I'm a C shade at Stila, and #5 at YSL and until now the #5 from YSL it's the exact shade for my skintone , same with my neck, and no yellow or pink in it, it's a light to medium warm beige, and I wish Mac had warm beige shades, because not all warm skintones are yellow and can pull off the NC shades. I hate the fact that the NC shades are very yellow and the NW very pink, and that's a reason why I propably I won't repurchase it again, but I never say never because if I'll try other fndts and all will broke me out I'll come back to it. One more reason why I don't like it is that even though I have oily skin, I have some dry spots from dehydration, on my cheeks and around my mouth and SFF is the worst fndt for dry spots, it makes them soooo visible, I can say 10 times more visible. Overall I love the price of the SFF and the fact that it never broke me out, I'm going to try the new YSL Teint Resist since YSL carries the perfect shade for my skintone, but if this one will broke me out I will come back to my SFF.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by shinewin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is a very good foudation, good coverage, but i find that it looks cakey on me because i have huge pores. Even over a face primer. Because of the price and the no pump packaging, i wont be buying this no more. This works the same as the Revlon ColorStay Foundation, i prefer that over this.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by KSnooks1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this foundation, but alas, MACs colour range just isn't varied enough for me! I am very very pale and I purchased NC15, the lightest colour (the make-up artist said it would be my colour) and it just makes me look orange. My face ends up looking a completely different colour to the rest of my pale body. They need to invent a N-10 or 05 in my opinion for the ghosts out there!

It has a very heavy coverage as well, and can look cakey and noticeable. Packaging is sleek and sexy though. I'd recommend buying the pump for an extra few pounds!! Xx

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by sunlit

This is a pretty good foundation only if I follow instructions by one of the Mac Artisits. I prime first and wait for it to dry. I put a small amount onto a pallet and mix with a pinch of vanilla pigment to make it luminous. I then apply it with the large Fibre Optic Mac Brush (the one with the white ends). Using this method I get amazing luminous bright skin, but unfortunately it doesn't last for as long as I'd like.

If i don't prime it goes into lines when I smile or laugh, and even after priming, if I'm out all night it does seem to sink into any creases. If I apply it with a different brush, fingers or sponge it looks terrible but the way I apply it is suprisingly quick and blends itself perfectly.

My skin is perfectly toned no pigmentation or acne or acne scars and nothing to cover as such and is normal - not dry or oily. I have heard it's not so good for acne prone skin.

Edit: I've since found RCMA foundation and won't look back at this now. It pales significantly in comparison.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2010 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Ravenus

Good coverage , but doesn't look inperceptibly smooth on application like High Definition makeup , which is something I always look for .
The colour was a bit to dark for my skin but wearable (NC15) .
Most of all after one day , it started to clog my pores (sensitive,acne-prone,combination skin), most notabily along my jawline .....and caused me some serious acne which I have never experienced before .....and my skin is still struggling to return to its normally 95% clear state ....... :-PPP . I found Select Foundation to be the least reactive with my skin - hardly any eruptions but then it also didn't cover very well-probably light to medium and wasn't very moisturising , a little dry in fact ... still I might return to it just becos the colour matches me well and that its doesnt break me out and looks relatively smooth on application .

Right now on La Prairie Cellular Complex Powder Foundation due to my skin breaking out at Boo ....and this is supposed to not do that from the reviews - just want it to stabilise , and see how it goes ....

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by hishipsandhers

I'm not sure why it has so many reviews raving about it. Its nothing special. I found better foundation at the drug store. Nevermind the MUA matched me as NW15 and i looked like a pumpkin!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by nayre

I tend to wear this when my skin has broken out and I need extra coverage. My DH hates it and thinks it smells of children's paint! (I think he may have a point) It does offer really good coverage but at times I find it difficult to blend. I get a a nice matte finish and it lasts all day without transferring to my hands, phone etc...
Now my skin is improving, I'm using this up by mixing it with my foundation to make my own tinted moisturiser as i don't want to waste it. I really don't like the packaging, without the pump it is very difficult to dispense the correct amount and it irritates me to pay extra for the pump. This foundation has served it's purpose for me but i'm moving to use the slightly lighter select mac foundation instead as my skin has improved lots. So as I won't need the extra coverage I won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2010 4:52:00 PM More reviews by summer514

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation to cover up my hyperpigmentation as a result from acne scarring. I love the pump and how controllable it is, and I love the consistency. It doesn't dry on your face fast like the Revlon Color stay foundation, so it's very easy to apply. The coverage is amazing. I didn't even need to use concealer over it to hide the acne scars! I thought this was my hg foundation until my face started to break out really badly. I'm talking about painful hard cystic acne clustered on my jawline, my forehead, and my cheeks! I couldn't figure out the cause for the longest time so I kept using the foundation to cover up the breakouts. It wasn't until recently that I learned from the estheticians at the spa i go to that mac makes the worst foundations for acne prone skin. Yes, it's great for covering it up, but it could also be the cause in the first place. I immediately switched foundations and I am slowly seeing a reduction in breakouts. I'm planning on keeping this just because it was expensive and I don't want to waste it. Maybe I'll be able to wear it once my skin clears on occasion. However I definitely won't be purchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2010 8:09:00 AM More reviews by nadmer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wow, this product really has some mixed reviews! Well, thought I'd give my opinion too as in some ways I think it's a great product, and in others I'd say it could be a bit better. Ok, so here goes...

Good points:
I have combination-oily slightly blemished skin and this really does layer up well to cover the scars (flat not pitted) I have from pimples. The finish is really nice, matte enough without looking dry. The colour match (NC37) is also a pretty good match for my yellowish-olive-brown skin. The price was fine I thought and once I got my head round the idea that I had to buy a separate pump I thought it diespensed the product really well. It's also very long lasting, as make up normally just slides off my face my midday, and lasts even better if you use it with primer and powder.

Weaker points:
I thought this was a perfect colour match, but when I spent the weekend in the Uk (I live in Spain) I noticed that in the British light it looked a bit pinky and didn't match me so well, strange I know... For a wedding I went to recently I useed it with MAC primer and powder (I normally wear studio fix alone) and whilst it gave me porcelain skin, especially in the photos, it did settle into the little creases around my mouth which wasn't very attractive. Also, when I apply it with the brush sold to me at the MAC counter it does stay longer on my face but also looks quite streaky unless you spend ages blending it in.

That's it for now, I'd say it's not quite my HG (oly Grail) but is almost there!