MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 4/1/2010 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I love love love this makeup ! it certainly matched my skin with excessive yellow undertones and its not too oily or greasy. It's summer in Texas already and I've been wearing this makeup all day and it seem to be doing a great job. I am wearing this with the Prep and Prime for the face and it helps a lot with preventing the makeup from melting. I would definitely buy this again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This foundation has proven to be my HG. I know alot of people say about how mask like and cakey it is, but I don't have that problem, perhaps because of the way i apply it. I use a stippling motion with an EcoTools blush brush that I spritz with MAC fix+. This fdtn covers my rosacea extremely well but doesnt aggravate it. I apply my makeup at 530 AM and til I take it off around 8 or 9 at night, it still looks like i just applied it. I might touch up once with MAC blot or a blot sheet but thats it. It can be quite thick, hence me spraying the brush with fix+. I put 2 lippies (damn cheap) in the price category, because it only ever takes me one pump to completely cover my face. Ive had this bottle of SFF since january, i wear it EVERYDAY, and have barely used 1/3 of it. NW20 is a perfect match, i will probably order NW25 for summer though.

I've been using this for over a year and i love it. It covers every flaw & lasts all day. The only con is that it is horrible during hot weather. It melts off pretty fast in random spots, which really sucks. During Summer, I just apply this with a slightly damp sponge and it's fine, but less coverage.

on 3/28/2010 3:11:00 AM

This is my first high grade liquid foundation. I got one in NC35. This shade looks a lil bit dark on my natural complexion but it even outs it anyway so no worries on that part. The only thing I don't like about this product is that my skin tends to be oily, which hasn't happened with my previous foundations like Rimmel, Cover Girl and Maybelline.

Overall, because of its popularity, I give it a 4. As for the price, I find it expensive.. around 35 dollars in my country. But hey, what the heck.. MAC is MAC!!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I purchased this, thinking it would be similar to EL double wear, i really didnt get on with this at all, i have pink undertones and could not find a good colour match, i was matched to nw15 but it oxidized after an hour and looked very orange, it settled into my lines and pores, even with a primer underneath. it felt quite tingley on the skin and tight, and i dont have sensitive skin. it felt cakey and i just really did not like the look, it aged me ten years..not good if your skin is less than perfect and you want a shade to macth cool pink undertones

I love to cake on my foundation. Its not mask like. Its only mask like if you dont blend into your frickin hair line + neck. Ive never found anything like this, its amazing. Its thick, heavy, and covers almost everything. I have super dry skin so i need to moisturize a lot before i apply this, but its worth it for the results. It even looks good under fluorescent lights. They run slightly orange+too dark but i like that look

on 3/23/2010 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Ok i have gone through so many bottles of this. I have to say it isn`t the best foundation out there, but other great foundations are a lot more expensive too. For 31 dollars here in Canada, that is pretty good for Mac. It is annoying that it does not come with a pump though. It is great coverage, if you put too much on it will look cakey which i hate. I use this foundation all the time. Wide range of colors for all skin tones. I would repurchase again as usual.

on 3/22/2010 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So after years of fighting against acne during highschool, I won the fight during my time at uni. After 5 years without significant acne-breakouts, I felt the time was right to get rid of my oil-free foundations specially made for acne-proned skin.These foundations never work like the ones with all the bad stuff in it, and I wanted the real thing, the 'doll' face, the full-coverage foundation that would make me look flawless, especially at special occasions.

I bought this product some months ago after hearing good things about it. The lady at the shop found the perfect match for my pale skin and I was amazed about the coverage and how great I looked. How had I ever lived without it???

Anyways, the fairytale went bad: I'm fighting now again against horrible acne on my chin (strange only on that area, I guess I use more product on that part to cover it up, which makes it much worse!). I bought all my skin-cleaning acne products again from my teenage years and doing the intnense ritual again. Feels really like back to highschool :-( I pray the breakout will be gone again before summer...

So no more MAC for me, it was too great to be true for me :-(

(I'm a non native speaker so sorry for language mistakes)

on 3/21/2010 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not a bad foundation IMO, but not the best in the world either. The MA said that SFF is good for oily skins because it "absorbs oil" but I really don't see that -- within two hours, my face still looks like a greased-up mess if I don't blot. It does have the potential to look mask-like, but it really depends on the application. I usually just use a filbert-cut foundation brush and that provides a sheer application (oddly enough, if I use my 187 dupe with this I end up looking caked-on). I'll also mix the foundation with a bit of my moisturizer, or I'll apply the foundation by itself with a damp sponge. I also have to really blend this out because even though I'm an NC25, it's not a perfect match -- it has way too much yellow.

PROS:
+ Great coverage. Unless you've got some serious scarring or pigmentation problems, it'll be covered with this.
+ Matte/satin finish.
+ Lots of shades.

CONS:
+ This stuff comes off on EVERYTHING, even when set with powder -- clothing, tissue, etc.
+ Feels heavy.
+ Packaging. Really, MAC? You really want to make us buy a separate pump? You might as well just put the pump on the bottle, bump up the price to $30 and call it a day.

Would I buy again? Yes, but in the meantime, I'm going to be on the search for something better.

on 3/20/2010 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Ok, if you're looking for a natural finish, this is so not it. Looks extremely thick and powdery. Might work well during night time, but don't buy this thinking it's the only foundation you'll need.