August 27, 2014 | 997 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2003 4:01:00 PM More reviews by sexyadri4life

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Broke me out terribly and it even made my acne even worse! Bacteria causes acne, not oil or skin cells, so get something antibacterial instead of this for acne!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2003 3:56:00 PM More reviews by sexyadri4life

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff was horrible! Bacteria causes acne, and although it did cut dead skin cells it did nothing for dienfecting, therefore it isn't that effective. The grains are extremely harsh on your skin, left my skin looking a fresh-peeled tomato. Don't waste your money here, but instead buy a good oil-absorber and antibacterial creme, and your acne will subside. Don't waste your money here!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2003 9:30:00 AM More reviews by ericsbaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is way too harsh on my skin, I can feel the crushed particles on my face, and it feels jagged and rough. I recommend something like Zirh facial scrub or something more gentle (with round scrubbers so you don't damage the skin on your face). Not worth it, even though it is dirt cheap.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2003 5:22:00 AM More reviews by AmyFay

I have always used the Original Apricot Facial Scrub and decided to try this to help with my acne, but what a mistake!! This was like Noxema mixed in with the Original formula. Not a good combo if you're allergic and it created more whiteheads instead of getting rid of them. I bought more of the Original Apricot Facial Scrub until I can find something better. You can't beat the price, though!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2003 8:31:00 PM More reviews by yangerz

i have mixed feelings about this product. most of it is not good. although it DID make my skin super smooth and soft after i came back from a week in Yosemite (which seriouly damaged my skin, which included adding sunburns, freckles, clogged pores, and breakouts). Higher elevation does no good for your skin. anyways, back on this product. though it scrubbed well and not THAT harsh (it used to be really harsh, maybe i'm more tolerant since the sun damaged my skin sooo much), it always breaks me out, even though it contains salicylic acid, which is supposed to kill zits. overall, i won't repurchase. i really want to get the totally juicy face scrubs, or lancome face scrubs.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2003 11:36:00 AM More reviews by readmylips

I think everything has pretty much been said on this scrub.. it's amazing for a cheap prize, it cleared up my mild acne and prevents breakouts too. I use Shiseido Pureness cleanser twice a day and this one once in two/three days and practically don't get any spots. It IS a bit harsh - but just wait 5 mins after you scrubbed with applying other stuff and it will be fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2003 10:00:00 AM More reviews by bastah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

truly a godsend. for the last two years, my face has been breaking out like crazy for some unknown reason. this never happened in my teens. i wen tto a dermatoligist and the meds he prescribed did not work. i tried many scrubs, cleansers, you name it, nothing worked :( then i read reviews for this product on productville and epinions.com (i that was the one). i got it and the first week, i noticed a tiny bit of difference, but nothing extreme. after a month, my face was completely clear! i use it every morning in the shower. it is a bit harsh, but it just lets me know it's probably working, since my face is brighter afterwards :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2003 12:45:00 AM More reviews by forensics96

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow! I agree almost completely w/ everything that Tuhreesuh said below!! :) Her skin sounds to be just like mine!! ("oily/combo skin, that's not very acne-prone, but I break out every month or so, and I've always had stuff on my nose, forehead, and very few blackheads on my cheek".) I also find the scrub a *teeny* bit harsh, but my skin too isn't that particularly sensitive either. I find that this scrub really does make my skin smoother & softer and w/ my daily facial cleaning rituals, it really does help w/ my mild acne-my skin's been looking a lot clearer since I've started using this. It's become one of my daily staples! I don't really have any problems with the smell, as the reviewer below did- it smells just fine to me..although I have been *tempted* by the yummy smell of Aveeno's Skin Brightening Daily Scrub w/ Soy- but the aveeno scrub is like 8 bucks & the St Ives is only 4 something..so, I'll stick with the St. Ives for now until I cave in & try the aveeno out. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2003 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Tuhreesuh

::light shining down from heaven::
wow! i have some ominous bumps on my forehead - pimples that more or less never go away, but i used this maybe twice, and they're practically gone! my forehead hasn't been this clear in a long time. i don't remember the last time i was actually wowed by my skin. this is incredible stuff. it's a bit harsh, but my skin isn't particularly sensitive either. i have oily/combo skin, that's not very acne-prone, but i break out every month or so, and i've always had stuff on my nose, forehead, and very few blackheads on my cheek. This seems to really smooth out my skin. the smell is tolerable, although not desireable. smells very icky! however, for $2 who cares. Buy this! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2003 10:19:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Good for once a week exfoliation, try not to get too much around eyes, use gently. Good product.