St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth-20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 4/22/2003 10:28:00 PM

This was way too dry for my dry/acne prone skin. After reading so many positive reviews, I decided to buy it. Little did I know that it would leave me with huge dry patches all over my forehead, cheeks and nose. I stopped using it on my face because it was way too harsh and instead I started to use it for my "backne".

**People who have dry skin like me really should not try this.**

on 4/22/2003 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product left a greasy film on my face because it is cream based. It clogged my pores which resulted in breakouts. I will not purchase this product again.

on 4/18/2003 2:04:00 AM

You have to make sure to rinse well, but this stuff is awesome. It works a lot better than more expensive brands like RoC and Biotherm, as far as I'm concerned.
I have also used the Sensitive skin formula that doesn't have abrasive beads. I find this works just as well and is suitable for more delicate skin. A great bonus to St. Ives is the fact that they don't test on animals. continued >>

on 4/11/2003 11:47:00 AM

Before I started using SkinClean, I used this stuff and liked it. Gets rid of flakies without being too drying itself. Even though it is medicated, it does not burn, like a lot of other medicated products do. Giving it only 4 lippies because I think SkinClean is a better product and leaves my skin feeling better and much softer.

on 4/9/2003 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff was great. I have been using it for about 6 months now and it has done wonders for my skin. I have oily/acne prone skin that had blotches and a clogged, uneven skin tone. This cleared it up so well! My skin is bright, smooth, clear, and for the most part pimple free. I don't see how it could cause pimples--it cleared mine up. Although it is gritty, i like it...it makes me feel as if all the gunk and dirt and oil has been cleaned out of my pores, which it has. highly recommend.

on 4/4/2003 2:54:00 PM

I believe that scrubbing MUST be a part of your skin care regime. It is so important to exfoliate dead skin cells and to remove all the debris. For this purpose, St. Ives Medicated Apricot Scrub is a WONDERFUL, cheap alternative (and it is MUCH better than the more expensive brands). I cannot stress enough how much this product has improved my skin. I am now 23 and have been using it since I was 15. It literally makes my skin glowing, radiant, and HEALTHY. I use it daily (although for some people this may be too much and will irritate your skin - everyone is different). I first use a gentle, water-soluble cleanser, then I use this scrub, then I use a toner, and then a light moisturizer. If you have acne-PRONE skin, and if your skin can handle scrubs, THIS IS A MUST!

on 4/3/2003 4:02:00 PM

the grains could be a little smaller and a little too abrasive but this stuff works great and i like the "clean" scent. been using for years and i've tried scrubs from estee lauder and lancome..would rather have this one

on 3/30/2003 5:19:00 PM

Exfoliants usually just spread bacteria around, but this stuff kills it good. It really unclogs pores- the other huge contributor to acne. It is seriously the best acne soap I have ever used.

It is not, however, meant for anyone with even borderline sensitive skin (use the sensitive skin version). Because the exfoliants in it are coarse, don't attack your face with it- use light pressure when scrubbing, and don't use a ton.

I've got fairly oily skin, and once my skin got used to it I started using it twice a day with no serious reprocussions. You do need a moisturizer, though.

on 3/30/2003 1:42:00 AM

this is for acne prone skin and it works great.It left my skin feeling soft and smooth and clean.Made my skin noticeably brighter and fresher looking and feeling.I don't care for the apricot smell all that much,but it works so well that I can deal with it.Easy to use and effective.Highly recomend.

on 3/27/2003 7:20:00 PM

I've been using this scrub for a few years--but not on my face. I think the crushed walnuts are too abrasive for facial skin. I use this on my body in the shower; it's especially good for help preventing blemishes (aka backne). The squeeze tube packaging is very convenient. Great product that is dirt cheap. Costs about $2.75 at my Target. Highly recommended.

Popular Scrubs