St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth-20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 3/30/2003 5:19:00 PM

Exfoliants usually just spread bacteria around, but this stuff kills it good. It really unclogs pores- the other huge contributor to acne. It is seriously the best acne soap I have ever used.

It is not, however, meant for anyone with even borderline sensitive skin (use the sensitive skin version). Because the exfoliants in it are coarse, don't attack your face with it- use light pressure when scrubbing, and don't use a ton.

I've got fairly oily skin, and once my skin got used to it I started using it twice a day with no serious reprocussions. You do need a moisturizer, though.

on 3/30/2003 1:42:00 AM

this is for acne prone skin and it works great.It left my skin feeling soft and smooth and clean.Made my skin noticeably brighter and fresher looking and feeling.I don't care for the apricot smell all that much,but it works so well that I can deal with it.Easy to use and effective.Highly recomend.

on 3/27/2003 7:20:00 PM

I've been using this scrub for a few years--but not on my face. I think the crushed walnuts are too abrasive for facial skin. I use this on my body in the shower; it's especially good for help preventing blemishes (aka backne). The squeeze tube packaging is very convenient. Great product that is dirt cheap. Costs about $2.75 at my Target. Highly recommended.

on 3/27/2003 7:09:00 PM

v. cheap and works v. well. good container for dispensing - you will get the last drop! i have tried more exp scrubs (sugar, lancome, estee) and they dont beat this. i like the scent too, and it leaves a slight clean tingly feeling. my skin is v. smooth the next day.

on 3/21/2003 6:39:00 PM

The "medicated" formula works great for removing makeup with "staying power". It smells a little more "medicinal" but the slight tingle on your face let's ya know it's working!!!!I use it everyday to remove all traces of makeup, face feels clean, fresh, soft and not dry! Love it!

Broke me out terribly and it even made my acne even worse! Bacteria causes acne, not oil or skin cells, so get something antibacterial instead of this for acne!

This stuff was horrible! Bacteria causes acne, and although it did cut dead skin cells it did nothing for dienfecting, therefore it isn't that effective. The grains are extremely harsh on your skin, left my skin looking a fresh-peeled tomato. Don't waste your money here, but instead buy a good oil-absorber and antibacterial creme, and your acne will subside. Don't waste your money here!

on 3/17/2003 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is way too harsh on my skin, I can feel the crushed particles on my face, and it feels jagged and rough. I recommend something like Zirh facial scrub or something more gentle (with round scrubbers so you don't damage the skin on your face). Not worth it, even though it is dirt cheap.

on 3/17/2003 5:22:00 AM

I have always used the Original Apricot Facial Scrub and decided to try this to help with my acne, but what a mistake!! This was like Noxema mixed in with the Original formula. Not a good combo if you're allergic and it created more whiteheads instead of getting rid of them. I bought more of the Original Apricot Facial Scrub until I can find something better. You can't beat the price, though!!

on 3/11/2003 8:31:00 PM

i have mixed feelings about this product. most of it is not good. although it DID make my skin super smooth and soft after i came back from a week in Yosemite (which seriouly damaged my skin, which included adding sunburns, freckles, clogged pores, and breakouts). Higher elevation does no good for your skin. anyways, back on this product. though it scrubbed well and not THAT harsh (it used to be really harsh, maybe i'm more tolerant since the sun damaged my skin sooo much), it always breaks me out, even though it contains salicylic acid, which is supposed to kill zits. overall, i won't repurchase. i really want to get the totally juicy face scrubs, or lancome face scrubs.