April 19, 2014 | 1786 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2003 8:24:00 AM More reviews by kate8

My husband uses this---he struggles a lot with bad teenage acne that never quite left. He also has very fair, sensitive skin, but as long as he's gentle with the scrub, it doesn't hurt him, and it really does clear his face up. He rarely interests himself in my higher-end scrubs because he's so happy with this one. He also uses it on his back, shoulders, etc. with good results. And the price can't be beat!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2003 8:05:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

This is a somewhat abrasive scrub, but can be highly effective if used with caution. I use it on my back to keep it clear, and also on my face, but only mixed with a cleansing creme. Otherwise, it's just too harsh- I feel like it can practically cause wounds on my face! Still, this is great for non-sensitive skin types who want a true granular scrub- it does leave the skin feeling very smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2002 12:51:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

This is a great, cheap exfoliating scrub- not recommended for sensitive or reactive skin types though, because it may be quite harsh. I'd recommend this for combination to oily skin types- it really rids the skin of dead skin cells, and prevents pore blockage, and also seems to smooth the texture of the skin quickly and efficiently. I've been using it practically daily for the past two weeks, and my skin is incredibly soft- much more so than before. The results are virtually instantaneous- great if you want a SUPER scrubbing exfoliater. The scent isn't wonderful, but this product is cheap and efficient.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2003 2:28:00 AM More reviews by miss_galiano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have bought this many times because it is good for me to scrub my back with. If you use it on your face, be careful and try not to get it in your eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2003 4:55:00 PM More reviews by MoonPrincess057

Well, I had been using this product for my oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin, and at first i really liked it. It helped unclog my pores and smooth my skin, so my makeup was easier to put on. but then i started using it from every few days, to every day!!! BIG MISTAKE!!!! now my face is smooth in some areas but always looks shiny, or dry, splotchy and bumpy. I would recommend this product, but don't overdo it!!! orelse u will have to wear foundation to correct the overuse!! use it maybe once or twice a week, and u will love it! i would also like to recommend loreal's PURE ZONE unclogging scrub too, because it's way more gentle, and isn't as harsh on your skin, plus it has microbeads. way more effective if you have tried this, but want something a little more gentle on your skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2003 10:26:00 AM More reviews by dawnsierra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My skin was made for acne and unfortunatly this product didn't help.
Being my skin had been living on nothing but soap and water for the longest time I decided to give it a little treat with this medicated scrub I had read so much good news about.
The first two days it smoothed my skin and gave me a lovely glow. Gradually it worked less and less until not only didn't it give me that wonderful smooth skin anymore it actually caused more breakouts. I even broke out in areas on my face that I hadn't before. (It actually CAUSED the kind of acne it was supposed to treat!)
I hate to give my first review such a terrible score but I just wanted to warn anyone else who's hopeful, like I was, that it will continue working.. it won't and it'll only make things worse.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2003 7:37:00 PM More reviews by ender83

I have extremely oily skin with frequent breakouts. On my broken out skin anyway it seemed to irritate my acne and seemed to make it more prominent(redness). It was really harsh, felt like I was getting my face rubbed in sand. Blah.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2003 10:21:00 PM More reviews by GlitterBitch

I do not have highly sensative skin or oily skin, yet I broke out the very next day after using this :(
I don't recommend this to anyone

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2003 12:57:00 AM More reviews by rjs521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't imagine anything worse for your skin - unless you took a rotary tool with the coarse sand paper attachment to your nose. First of all - the grains are way too large to be really effective on pores and if anything will only contribute to acne/blemish scars. Secondly - the worse thing you can do if you have acne is scrub. It only distributes the bacteria all over and irritates blemishes further. If you want to exfoliate use a BHA or an AHA (depending on your goals) - or if you have to scrub use something less abrasive. This stuff should only be used to take the finish off woodwork.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2003 2:25:00 AM More reviews by roxy_supastar_chick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Like I have said a million times before, these St. Ives scrubby things are harsh on the skin and make a mess of your tub! I am Swiss, and this product does a great job of making my disgusting skin look like holey swiss cheese! It also brings all of your zits and whiteheads to HEADS! SICK! I love minty stuff, but this just made my problems worse! Good luck on all of your product hunting!