St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth-20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 4/25/2003 8:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I recently switched back to this from my Totally Juicy Creamy Face Scrub because my skin had been suffering breakouts. Now my skin is smooth, and had regained it's 'glow'.I use it about twice a week.

on 4/25/2003 10:58:00 AM

I love this product. I hesitated because of various magazine articles stating that inexpensive exfoliants tend to have harsh/irregular/inferior grains that clog pores, and I thus became a Remede Sweep junkie. But when I became too poor to keep up my Sweep habit and saw a huge tube of this for so cheap, I tried it and wish I had never hesitated. I have had virtually zero breakouts since I started using the St. Ives months ago, and my nose no longer looks like it is sprinkled with pepper. It also improved the texture of my skin. St. Ives and Sweep are not the same by any means, but I love the results I've gotten. I now use this 3x per week and Sweep once a week. I also use this one week post waxing to ward off ingrowns, but if you have sensitive skin, YMMV.

on 4/25/2003 2:45:00 AM

Many MUAers commented on how harsh this is on the skin. However, I think if you use a GENTLE circular motion it is not irritating at all. I have fairly oily, very sensitive skin. It has not irritated me at all. My skin feels very smooth and clean after I use this. I don't love the smell, because it is very medicinal smelling, but it fades after a while. I follow this up with a swipe of my Paula's Choice Toner (alcohol free) and 1% Beta Hydroxy Acid Lotion, and my skin feels like silk, NOT oily, and has not broken out in ages!

on 4/24/2003 6:24:00 PM

I think this makes an excellent body scrub, if you use it on your face only use a little and go easy on the pressure, it's rough. I love love love it in the shower on my chest and shoulders. Can't beat the price.

on 4/24/2003 1:56:00 PM

This "medicated" Apricot is AWFULLY good ( my first time giving 5 lippe) After reviewed MUA members' rave about this product ( even better than original Apricot scrub), I decide to give a try. I was on Clinique 7 days scrub before( DO NOT, let me repeat again, DO NOT put Clinique 7 days scrub on your face. It was quite rough and has no moisture left on your face whatsoever) Also tried Body's Shop Teatree scrub made for oily skin ( it is too gooey and watery, like swamp mud with blackish/greenish color) I used to think that drug store product are not as good as department store line ( BIG, BIG mistake), but this medicated apricot scrub totally overthrows my assumption!! You can feel your skin texture is *instantly* improved after you gentle massage a few minutes, and if you have a few pimples on your face. don't worry, they will also be calmed down too. This Medicated apricot scrub actually was out in down shopper drugmart (canada)and I have to go to another shopper store to get one ( even in that store, there are only 2 left, while original apricot scrub piles up all the way to the top) Medicated apricot scrub is quite soothing, it actually can be used more than 1-2 times a week ( I was quite skeptical about it in the beginning). Ladies, you REALLY, REALLY have to give it a shot ( you also can't beat that price--it is so cheap)

on 4/22/2003 10:28:00 PM

This was way too dry for my dry/acne prone skin. After reading so many positive reviews, I decided to buy it. Little did I know that it would leave me with huge dry patches all over my forehead, cheeks and nose. I stopped using it on my face because it was way too harsh and instead I started to use it for my "backne".

**People who have dry skin like me really should not try this.**

on 4/22/2003 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product left a greasy film on my face because it is cream based. It clogged my pores which resulted in breakouts. I will not purchase this product again.

on 4/18/2003 2:04:00 AM

You have to make sure to rinse well, but this stuff is awesome. It works a lot better than more expensive brands like RoC and Biotherm, as far as I'm concerned.
I have also used the Sensitive skin formula that doesn't have abrasive beads. I find this works just as well and is suitable for more delicate skin. A great bonus to St. Ives is the fact that they don't test on animals. continued >>

on 4/11/2003 11:47:00 AM

Before I started using SkinClean, I used this stuff and liked it. Gets rid of flakies without being too drying itself. Even though it is medicated, it does not burn, like a lot of other medicated products do. Giving it only 4 lippies because I think SkinClean is a better product and leaves my skin feeling better and much softer.

on 4/9/2003 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff was great. I have been using it for about 6 months now and it has done wonders for my skin. I have oily/acne prone skin that had blotches and a clogged, uneven skin tone. This cleared it up so well! My skin is bright, smooth, clear, and for the most part pimple free. I don't see how it could cause pimples--it cleared mine up. Although it is gritty, i like it...it makes me feel as if all the gunk and dirt and oil has been cleaned out of my pores, which it has. highly recommend.