Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 3/17/2008 3:19:00 AM

I really really love this! I've gone through so many different face washes over the years... I've never stick to one... most of them I just leave on my sink counter because they're not that impressive and doesn't do much for me. I bought this because of the reviews on MUA and I wanted to spoil myself a little. It's a bit pricey but it's a giant bottle and lasts a while. It makes my skin silky smooth.and my complexion has been evening out. It doesn't completely wash away my eye makeup like everyone raves about but that doesn't really bother me since I didn't buy it as a makeup remover in the first place.

on 3/16/2008 8:38:00 PM

I am always looking for a cheaper substitute for this... Its the only thing that completely removes my make-up. I use it at nite.. and to balance the cost.. I use cetaphil in the am.

on 3/16/2008 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've had a relationship with this cleanser for quite sometime. At first, I wasn't sure if it was the one so I strayed away, looking into such cleansers as Neutrogena Fresh foaming and Cetaphil with hopes that I could find a better (and cheaper alternative). However, none could do what my Purity does. It removes makeup gently, even Maybelline FnS waterproof and MAC fluidliners and powerpoints with less scrubbing than other cleansers I've tried. It's got a milky base that rinses off pretty easily, and works well with or without a face towel or a facial brush. Sometimes I'll use it to clean my synthetic brushes that I use for foundation, concealer, and eyeliner since I find it more effective than using baby shampoo.

I have and will continue to repurchase this over and over. I buy the biggest bottles to get the best value and just transfer to a smaller squeeze bottle since the large bottles' tops will break if you drop them. I wish there were a pump, but I can settle for transfering over to the smaller 2oz bottle I got from a kit.

on 3/15/2008 11:02:00 PM

This cleanser makes my skin feel so soft and clean! I absolutely love it. It's so easy. It also feels very creamy on your skin!

on 3/14/2008 9:11:00 PM

I bought a kit from QVC to try some Philosophy products. I really like Purity. It makes my skin feel very clean after using it. I don't like foaming cleansers so this is perfect for me. It's a little pricey for a cleanser but worth the money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. I have acne prone skin which is dry at the same time (weird & gross) but this product strangely cleared up my acne and leaves my face feeling soft and fresh.

And I love the smell!

on 3/13/2008 10:08:00 PM

This cleanser was just okay, unremarkable. The packaging is terrible for traveling, leaked everywhere!!

on 3/13/2008 2:42:00 PM

I wanted to love this product. Who doesn't want to have makeup optional skin, right? I have used this cleanser for four weeks and have more breakouts and blackheads than I've ever had in my life. This might be fine for dry skin types, but not for me. I think it is a pretty good value, though - after using it for a month I am only about a quarter of the way through the product. I would not purchase Purity again.

on 3/12/2008 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Ive noticed that thousands of people have reviewed this product. Must be very popular. I found that it was mediocre. However, with any cleanser you must first try it. Maybe go to sephora and request a sample and see if it works for your skin type. People seem to be most upset that they spent a great deal for a mediocre product....

on 3/11/2008 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG cleanser. I use coconut oil to remove my eye makeup first and then I wash my face with this. It leaves my skin clean but not stripped. I have tried lots of cleansers and this is the one I keep coming back to. It really does a good job! I actually like the smell, almost herbal. It has never caused me a bad reaction. Only nice clean skin.