July 30, 2014 | 1143 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2003 4:37:00 PM More reviews by SwitchbladeFaerie

I got this as a sample from MACYS.COM. It a nice mascara, but it works jsut as well as a drugstore brand. I wouldnt purchase it, but it is a decent mascara that gives natural to dramatic lashes depends how many times u apply.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2003 9:30:00 PM More reviews by tiffjewel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was really disappointed with this product. I am a faithful Clinique user, but their mascaras have always lacked something. This one is no exception. It goes on very wet, and I absolutely HAD to use a comb on my lashes or this just weighed them down. By the end of the day it was flakey. I'll stick with my L'Oreal Voluminous!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2003 10:54:00 PM More reviews by jenniferashton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara very much. I am superpicky about mascaras so the fact that i would repurchase this is saying quite a bit. I have typical asian eyelashes. Very sparse and short, so a good thickening mascara is a must for me. I found this formula to be a little clumpy at first. But after about a week of use, there was just the perfect amount of mascara on the brush. The effect is to give me very thick, not super long (but long enough), dark, shiny lashes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2003 8:24:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm in the minority here. It's too wet and therefore difficult to apply without getting black spots around my eyes. Also it really takes the curl out of my newly curled eyelashes - so frustrating. So, after trying Clinique Naturally Glossy and now this one, I am going back to their Full Potential which worked best for me of all of the Cliniques (even though it is not very popular here on MUA).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2003 12:32:00 AM More reviews by MirandaRawson

This was a great mascara. It definitely seemed to thicken and was very dark and dramatic. It did seem to dry out rather quickly though. I would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2003 11:31:00 AM More reviews by SusanR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this with a Macy's order & definitely like it. It has more oompf than any other Clinique mascara I've tried. Good combo of thickening & lengthening. Nothing ground-breaking but a good product for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2003 9:00:00 PM More reviews by fancyface1020

This is a pretty good mascara. It lengthened, thickened and darkened my eyelashes effortlessly. It did not clump, smudge or flake on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2003 1:33:00 AM More reviews by lelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara all right. I received a few samples of it in Black, and it dramatically darkens and thickens my lashes. Also, I've picked "yes" to buying it again, but I don't truly know if I would buy it, since it is a nice mascara but drugstore brands are similar and less expensive.

Note: I worked out wearing this mascara, and it stung my eyelids after I started working up a sweat, so I would probably skip this one for days where one is going to be doing any demanding physical activity. This mascara didn't sting my eyes otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2003 4:23:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

To compare to my beloved Naturally Glossy mascara in Black: High Impact's Black shade is richer/darker, the formula thickens more. Like Naturally Glossy it gives the same amount of length and definition, never clumps, doesn't make my lashes droop like some mascaras, doesn't irritate, doesn't flake, washes off easily. IMO, both mascaras are awesome and I haven't yet decided which one I'll purchase when I need to replace my tube in 3-4 months time. I'll be sure to update my review at that time. **UPDATE** 2/04: I repurchased my fave Naturally Glossy. It just works better for me for every day wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2003 9:49:00 AM More reviews by sahmu4ia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is a tough one to review. first of all, I actually WON the Allure giveaway for this item. Secondly, I have a bias against Clinique. I am still mad at them for the 3-step program, in particular their DDM, so I'm using this only because it was a freebie.
Okay, it looks really great on and makes my lashes look about as long as they ever have. I also like the glossy finish it leaves. A major plus for me is that it washes off very easily. The only complaint is that I find this formula very messy. I keep ending up with mascara on my lid, as if I did a very poor job putting on eye-liner. It might be the brush being kind of big, or the watery/gel like formula. Bottem line, my fav mascara is Px false Eyelashes which looks just about as good as High Impact and is much easier to apply.