December 21, 2014 | 881 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by SLK4CATS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Only positive for me is that it added volume. It did not hold a curl for me. And my biggest problem is that it doesn't dry. It stays tacky and sticky. Yuck. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by PrincessPink4ever1997

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I put off buying this product for months, for i already had a decent mascara, but after it started to come off throughout the day i knew i needed a new one. I read a lot of positive reviews of this and having been given 20 by my Benefit-oholic cousin for my birthday, i knew i must buy They're Real.

When the Benebabe tried it on me i must admit, the results were slightly scary; my lashes were like massive spider legs (then again she had used a lot on me, and the testers are often drying up). I wasn't prepared to give up though, so i bought it in the hopes it would work better when i applied it myself.

I was right, my lashes looked wonderful, like falsies and it added a lot of curve and length and some volume, a great all-rounder. However, i must impose the following: Wipe the end of the wand before use, using an eyelash comb is crucial unless you want spider legs, do not apply more that two coats unless you want your lashes to be brittle and take care on the bottom lashes, mine are almost as long as the top ones so i can't apply too much. I like to gently pull underneath my eyes so that i can apply to the root of the lower lash line.

Overall, i think it's a great mascara for multi-use and i'd recommend you try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Ashley1958

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I also love this mascara!...BUT...(don't laugh!)...I actually like L'Oreal Extra Collagen Volume better! And it's a fraction of the price of They're Real. Like 6 bucks at Target! I couldn't BELIEVE a drugstore brand was better than a high-end brand!!! Don't get me wrong, I still like They're Real, but it's now my 2nd favorite because L'Oreal ECM took the 1st place slot. I am giving They're Real a high mark but I said "no" to buying this product again because I like L'Oreal better - and so does my wallet. ;-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by beautyglitter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara!! I have longer lashes and this mascara really fans them out (if you stay under 3 coats) and volumizes them. It doesn't flake or smudge by the end of the day, which is a huge plus for me. I am on the trial size that I got from Sephora a bit back, and I bought another trial size (just can't see spending so much on a full sized one if they have the trial sized ones, which last quite a while) for when i run out of this one. I always make sure to wipe off the end since it has quite a bit of product on it when you pull the wand out of the tube. This ensures for even and clump-less application. Just an awesome mascara :)
Edit: This is my HG mascara, hands down! I have really put it through the test on several occasions and in several situations, and it still looks great! This gives my lashes that Va-va-vooom look, which i LOVE. I will buy this forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by cupcakeity

Curls and holds the curl, lengthens and adds volume.
Drips in a few hours though.
Despite this, I'd repurchase it because it's the best i've used in terms of result.
I use a qtip and brush over my lashes after I've applied it to remove excess, powder my eye area, and clean up throughout the day. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Electrax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was okay, but nothing to write home about. I feel like it should have done more for the price that accompanied it. I feel as though drugstore mascaras could perform just as well as this and not for the hefty price tag. I strayed from my HG Lancome Hypnose, but will be returning as soon as I finish this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by truthandtragedy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had been a faithful L'Oreal Telescopic girl for a good year or two now, but I had Debenhams Beauty Club card points to spend so I figured I'd invest in a different mascara. Having tried BADgal lash before and not being a fan, I was a little hesitant of trying Benefit mascara again.

Safe to say, I was truly proved wrong about them! I love this so much. I have very short and thin lashes and I find it difficult to find a product which lengthens and thickens EACH lash. They're Real does that, right down to the tiny little lashes at the corners of my eyes. The colour is super-black, super-intense and can be buildable to a dramatic, false-lash eye. If I want a more natural look, that's also achievable!

I love the brush. It has a sort-of "ball" shape at the end for getting to those little lashes which are hard to reach. I curl my eyelashes first, and then apply this. I haven't had it smudge or flake during the day yet, but I'm going on holiday in September so I'll see how it holds up in the heat then!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 1:59:00 AM More reviews by skmelton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is by far my favorite mascara...and I've tried pretty much all of them, as I am a mascara fanatic...mascara is my favorite cosmetic to use. I get tons of compliments on my eyes when i wear this mascara. (DiorShow used to be my fave, but it seems the last few I've bought of their's dried out after a few uses and something about the formula isn't the same as it used to be...less glossy; more waxy.) I first tried this Benefit mascara when it first came out as a sample gift with a Sephora purchase....I was immediately hooked....LOVE it. Makes my lashes amazingly long, seperated and Doe-Eyed on the outter corners like I like them. It's very black and glossy. You have to get the technique down right to avoid clumping. First I wiggle back and forth at the base then quickly swipe it all the way through a few times to drag the formula all the way out to the tips. You cannot add a second coat without clumps if you let the first coat dry...you have to get additional coats in while the previous coat is still wet. After the first "wiggle coat", i avoid clumps by kinda batting my eyelids/lashes in a very quick motion thru the wand instead of slowly pulling the wand thru the lashes. This seems to add even more length, gives great separation and avoids any clumps. Makes them more long & feathery like false lashes look. I also complete one eye before moving on to the other so it doesn't dry out and clump before all my coats are on. That's the secret to this mascara....application. I LOVE the spikes on the end of the wand for getting bottom lashes and making the doll/doe eyed sweep on the outter corners. I'm usually not a fan of the hard plastic spike wands but I find it works for this mascara wand. Mine has begun to dry out a little so I add a drop or 2 of saline solution (it's sterile and safer than just plain water) then shake the tube and pump the wand in/out of the tube once or twice...good as new.
I don't have any problem with removing it or losing lashes. It comes off really easy with my Aveno facial foam soap (pump bottle)...I don't use any special eye makeup removers...just good ol' creamy soap and water. This mascara is my HG and I have no need to search/try any others....unless they discontinue this one.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by COAS87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very thick and perfect colored. Be cautious of how much you apply. I always seem to put on too much, get watery eyes, and feel the constant need to rub them! However, if you keep an eye on that, it is the greatest mascara ever!! really makes them look like you're wearing falsies! much better than the maybelline falsies mascara which does not do what this stuff can! and for around 20$ a tube, completely worth it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by mshin

Personally I love this mascara. I initially did not like it because it was too clumpy but if you wipe off the excess this mascara is quite nice. I think the tip works well because it gets my corner-most lashes which I usually can't get well.
The one thing that I wish it gave more of is volume. I think this mascara is really only for lengthening and defining. I've tried to add a volumizing mascara after it dried but it just made a clumpy mess! Maybe you need to do it really quick when it hasn't dried yet....