November 27, 2014 | 1645 users online

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolute disaster.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Blue77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Only a great mascara if you have a lot of time to fiddle with your lashes. I have mixed feelings about this mascara. At first I hated it because my lashes were so clumpy and it takes the curl right out of them. On the other it does last a long time (I was nervous since it wasn't waterproof, but it stays on) and with two coats provides long, thick, dark lashes, just need to run a lash comb through them several times to separate the lashes. With only one coat it doesn't seem like my lashes are very thick. I'm bummed that if I curl my lashes before applying it will straighten them out instantly. I use a heated curler now after I apply mascara and that helps. All in all, it looks good after a lot of work, but since it takes so much time and is expensive I doubt I'll be buying it again.

Update: I continued to use the mascara since I had already purchased it, but when it started to run out I went back to my old tried and true brand and quickly remembered why I loved my old one so much: long, thick, dark lashes that hold a curl. I definitely won't buy They're Real again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 8:07:00 AM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok, so this is only the second day of me wearing this mascara, but I can't see me wearing it on the third. Firstly, I love the wand. Its medium sized and is not too big. Love the packaging. But that is were it ends. The formula is horrible, it gives me panda eyes after about 4 hours, and I cannot do more than one coat or I get spider look lashes - not good! And its really hard to get off. Oh, I wish I could return this but I don't think I can :o( What a waste of money........it was around 17 but I think the Collection 2000 5 mascara is 100 times better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by 8ubble6umpink

I got the mini size version to try it. I definitely like this mascara, it separates my lashes,lengthens, and holds the curl. I don't like that is not waterproof and that it does give me raccoon eyes at 5 hours of wear. I consider it good but I will not repurchase because I would like to try others, if others were not available then I would but it in regular size, I like it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have long but thin eyelashes and look for something volumizing in a product. They're Real doesn't disappoint! The formula does give my lashes a lift while separating them, however, the formula can clump and make lashes stick together if you aren't careful.
...
My favorite thing about this product is how long the formula lasts on my lashes. It doesn't say that it's a waterproof formula on the packaging, but it seems to last like one. I have oily skin and sometimes rub my eyes due to contact lens irritation, and this mascara keeps my lashes looking fairly fresh and dark throughout the day with almost no flaking or fading! It also keeps my lashes looking curly.
...
As for the brush, it works like many of the other rubber-bristle mascara brushes out there. The rounded, spiky tip is an interesting feature, but I honestly don't get that much use out of it. You do have to wipe off the excess product from the tip, as a disclaimer, but this goes for many other mascaras out there.
...
Overall, I already have long lashes, so most mascaras "work" for me. I really like the long-lasting formula and volumizing brush, but it didn't blow me out of the water or anything, which is why I'm not giving it a 5. Also, the spiky tip is a cool idea, but I personally don't find myself making much use of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by DiamondJewell

With one thin coat of this mascara I was pleasantly surprised how nice my usually short flat lashes were. It really did add a slight curl to my lashes aswell as thickness.. Anymore than one thin coat and I had the clumpy stuck together look going on. It is sooo hard to get off, with eye makeup remover im still struggling and because of this reason I don't think I'd re purchase. I think I'd like to try Badgal next though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Mireille916

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2012 7:18:00 AM More reviews by ElisaS

When i bought this mascara for the very first time, i absolutely loved it. It lengthened and curled my lashes beautifully and it lasted long without clumping, anyway i felt it was somewhat sticky before it completely dries. But, after a month or so, it started to get clumpy and it didn't last so long before it smudged under my eyes and it did not curl my lashes like it did before.
Anyway it still makes my lashes jet black, just as it says.
Despite these negative sides I like this mascara best than other mascaras aviable in my country's drugstores.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by MerryHappy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I told the salesgirl at sephora I wanted 'eyelashes like a doll.' I usually use diorshow, and love it, but I tried this and adore it. It separates, lengthens, and overall gives the effect I was liking for. I recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 8:09:00 AM More reviews by CosmeticMadness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I'd be very careful with this mascara if I were you. You can't build and build like you do with most mascaras without making yourself look like an absolute idiot with dangly spider leg eyes. One coat is more than enough! I'm giving it four lippies because I really don't like the fact that it clumps so easily.

**EDIT**
I actually really like this product now that I've experimented with it for a few days. At first I was getting really clumpy horrible looking eyelashes, and as time went on I realized where I was going wrong - I was using an eyelash curler before hand. Now my eyelashes are quite long anyway and I guess using this mascara and an eyelash curler was just far too much. I found using just the mascara on it's own gave me a really nice natural looking lash which is what I was looking for to begin with. So it's a very nice mascara after all. Oops!