September 30, 2014 | 1971 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Yddib

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There are no scores high enough to describe how I feel about this mascara! It is amazing. After being hugely let down by any high end mascara I bought, this is finally THE ONE! I love the brush and find it great for separating my lashes. It gives gorgeous length and curl. I find it gives me nice volume, even more with a primer. It never flakes and the tube has lasted really well. At a party I was asked by a makeup artist, "Where did you get your lashes?" I said "I grow them?" She said "NO your fake ones. They're fabulous" I smiled and said "All mine....and Benefit They're Real" I'm on my 2nd tube and it is safe to say it's love. LOVE!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by redcherry32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great black color.doesn't flake and stays on all day.no volume.great length.have used better.will not buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Sassyrred

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Move on over mascara's, They're Real has become my new Holy Grail for mascara! There was a mascara display at Sephora and I asked the sales girl her top 3 sellers. They're Real was one, plus it was what she was wearing and her lashes looked great, so against my personal rule of just buying drugstore mascara's 'cause ya throw them away every 3 months, I found myself in the check-out line!

In the past I have worn 2 mascara's at once to get the look I really want, but with They're Real, I only need one coat and one mascara. I know it's the shape of the wand with the tiny ball at the end that is the hit for this mascara. I do not need to curl my lashes first, it gives them a great dark pigment, separates while it gives some volume and some lengthen and due to the tiny ball end tip, you can get the corner outer lashes and bottom outer corners very nicely! I have had makeup artists say they like the mascara I have on, and that never happens.

I wish it was not $22, but there are ones higher than that and if I take into consideration I have worn two mascara's to achieve this look or close to it, then I can come to terms with my rule of only buying drugstore mascara's.....at least until they create a drugstore mascara just like this one! (hint hint drugstore giants!)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by aelgn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a fantastic mascara but I think it is a little too pricey. If you have the money for high end makeup then i would recommend this mascara but I think I would do fine with drugstore mascaras for half the price of this expensive mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by wareagle08

This is the first high end mascara I have bought and loved. I have naturally long lashes with a curl and Rimmel worked just fine for me. This took it to another level though. I will never go back! It looks the best with Dior lash primer. There is such a huge difference. Gives me volume and length and it does a good job of separating my lashes. With Rimmel after a month or two my lashes would clump so bad and I'd spend five minutes just trying to separate them with a lash brush. I got the sample from Sephora and after that ran out I bought the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 6:52:00 AM More reviews by shakinscarecrow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Overview: Fantastic product, truly does make lashes look fake!

I tried this after seeing it on the BeneFit beauty counter at Debenhams. One of my pet hates is mascara adverts that have a disclaimer in tiny font saying "styled with some natural lash inserts and enhanced post production" - I don't like being lied to!
The 'They're Real' poster was very clear it was purely the mascara. So I tried some.
I love the way the spiky ball on the end means you can reach hard-to-get-at lashes, and I find the consistency glossy and buildable.
I wear this nearly every day and have had no lash fall-out.
I think it may actually be conditioning as well, although this isn't one of its claims, my lashes are silkier even when I take it off.
It is easily removed with baby lotion, then wiped off with a cotton ball.
I wish it was a bit cheaper than 18.50, and the box seems to have a superfluous bit of cardboard on the side - not very green!
However, I have found my HG mascara and will repurchase. I've been using this for 3 months now since December 2011 and it's still going strong.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2012 4:32:00 AM More reviews by BrittKiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS! Definitely a product worth trying. I personally, have naturally long and dark lashes. But a friend of mine has very blonde thin lashes and this product looks AMAZING on her. I will say though, the picture on the the package/box that it comes in, is a little generous. But it definitely gives a nice pop to your eyes, I've been asked if I'm wearing fake lashes and it's all the mascara! Also, this may just be me, but the applicator brush, its a little sharp ( for lak of a better word) and if I'm not careful, it can kind of hurt while applying it. But I love it, and have bought it twice!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by dynamitemakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really liked this mascara because it lengthens and curls lashes much. I'd buy it even if it is a bit too expensive, but I can not live without :D
sorry for the language but I'm Italian!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2012 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Ravishingx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Update------ 11-27-12
- I love this mascara when it gets a little bit dry. Then I can honestly say I feel all its claims are true. It is still a bit spidery but the volume is great!
- I give this a 3.5
-------------------------------------------------
This mascara wasn't anything special. I find it gets quite spidery and doesn't evenly coat the lashes. The brush reminds me of the usual plastic wands from the drugs store, although I find the brush tips for this mascara to be way to pointy. They irritated my eyes to the point where it was impossible to get nice and close to the lash line. I've NEVER had this happen to me with any other mascara. The tip orb brush is a nice concept but I can't say I found any benefit to it. After application my lashes look decent from far but up close you can see that the volume is quite messy, spidery, and uneven. While this fans out my lashes I wish it gave my individual lashes more thickness. I also find myself MORE eager to get home and remove my makeup when I wear this mascara... perhaps the weight bugs me? I don't re-call it flaking or smudging. Would I buy this again? No.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by kaaejukes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Didn't irritate my sensitive eyes. STAYED on! As someone who manages to make waterproof mascara end up under my eyes, this is saying something. None of it flaked off. My eyelashes didn't feel too hard. Any clumping which occurred during application was easily removed/fixed. Added lots of length and my lashes look lovely!

REALLY liked this. If I weren't spoilt by the low prices of MAC's mascaras, I'd definitely switch. I love the Plush Mascara by MAC. But the brush on the BeneFit applicator might put me over the top...