BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2033 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

I'm on my third tube of this mascara to date. I do use it with another mascara to make my lashes uber long, but it does make my lashes look very thick and long as it describes. The only downside for me is the price.

on 1/2/2013 10:42:00 AM

I loved this mascara, I found it easy to use - I just put two coats on and wiggle the brush so all the lashes are covered in mascara and voila: you have long and full looking lashes, I found that it held the curl that I had put in with my eyelash curler. I thought I had found my new favourite mascara but then........after just 7 weeks the formula started to dry out and now when I use it, it is just not the same, its not as easy to apply and lashes look and feel kind of crunchy. This is so disappointing as I did love this initially. I have seen that Boots sell a cheaper mini version of this mascara, I may purchase that in future as I did love They're Real but would not be overly happy at spending £18.50 on a mascara that dried out so quickly again. Please Benefit sort this out!!!!!

on 1/1/2013 10:35:00 AM

My new HG mascara! Before discovering this I was pretty happy with my MaxFactor MasterpieceMax as It did the job of giving me long, full lashes. But that was until I met "They're Real". I'm not that easily pursueded by sales assistants, or at least I would like to think so, but the SA tried this on me when I went to buy lipgloss and she even applied it on top of my mascara I already had on and then showed me in the mirror. After examining my eyelashes I was like "Wow! Did I even have eyelashes before?", because the difference was so dramatic. This mascara is amazing! You use the brush first to coat the lashes and thicken them and then the little ball at the end to make them ridicolously long. I like my eyelashes really thick as well and this one is really buildsble. It does stay on well too and only downside is how hard it is to remove at night because it is so hard wearing. Everyone always asks me what mascara I use or if they are fake, to which I respond "no, they're real" ;) haha

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a good mascara for me for everyday. I say this because it is fast drying, so as mentioned by a couple of other reviewers here, I can only really get a couple of coats on before it dries. Sometimes this is good because I have the unusual habit of sometimes sneezing after my makeup is done--I know, weird--so a slower-drying mascara sometimes leaves smudges under my eye and on my lids. I've also noticed that while benefit is very good at providing length, it doesn't give as much volume/thickness. For now, I might stick to my other go-to mascaras-- Lancôme Hypnose or Diorshow, to give me both volume and length. The brush is good at separating lashes, I'll admit.

on 12/31/2012 4:16:00 PM

Works well if you are a mascara know-how-to-apply-in-the-middle-of-the-night type of person. If you are good with this type of plastic brushes. I am a Benefit mascara fan because I wear contacts and Benefit's mascaras never irritate my eyes. Tens of other brands do their job well, but towards the evening I feel sand im my eyes whichever I wear today: Dior, Estee Lauder, Clinique, YSL etc.
But never with Benefit. I am somehow stuck with Benefit :)
I can give you a good piece of advice: buy it, but don't get annoyed when it's not applying as you expected for the first time. Be patient and you'll find your way. You'll be rewarded as the eyelashes look fantastic!

on 12/31/2012 3:32:00 PM

Meh. The only thing this mascara is really good for is as a 'top coat' over a different mascara that doesn't clump your lashes at all. Alone, you can't achieve more than one coat without having all of your lashes clump together into a few spider legs. And a single coat certainly doesn't achieve a false lash look. That said, it does work really well over a different mascara. I've tried it over CG Lash Blast and Cargo Lash Activator and it looks amazing. But on it's own... yeah, nothing special. And for the price, I really expect to be wowed.

on 12/31/2012 4:34:00 AM

i absolutely love this! it gives AMAZING volume in one coat, i cannot wait to try layering multiple coats. it is expensive but well worth the splurge.

on 12/31/2012 2:10:00 AM

I bought this assuming it would be better than my drugstore mascaras but I was dissapointed! It did not hold a curl at all, it just made my lashes really flat after I applied it, doesn't do anything for me thickening or length-wise either, thankfully I only bought the mini instead of the full bottle. Im going to go back to using my maybelline mascaras!

on 12/30/2012 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'll admit it I am a mascara junkie... Always searching for that "perfect mascara " I was recommended this mascara at ulta by 3 of their reps. I must say I'm impressed it added volume, length and holds a curl especially when I use with my eyelash curler. It can get clumpy if you layer on after it's dry . Seems to last all day with no flakes or smudging which is a major plus for me! Isn't that hard to take off as some reviews said I use neutrogena oil free eye remover and it comes off perfectly! Will definitely buy again, but will need to save some pretty pennies since its kinda costly!

on 12/29/2012 12:14:00 AM

I am an admitted mascara whore... seriously, I will try every new mascara out there. I have small eyes a scarce eyelashes and am constantly looking for a miracle mascara.
I actually got They're Real for my daughter and after borrowing hers one day I had to get my own. I find with mascara its very selective depending on your lash and eye type so it's hard to buy one just on reviews but this is a pretty good all around product. It's fairly glossy, good brush with plastic bristles that help to separate my lashes and it doesn't seem to smear or flake.
I'm still on my seemingly never ending quest for 'the perfect mascara' but this one will do the trick for daily use for now.

Video Reviews & Tutorials