October 22, 2014 | 1473 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2012 8:55:00 AM More reviews by Misskatemurphy

I had high hopes for this mascara as I had read about it in so many magazines and beauty blogs. Normally the only mascara I would part with 20+ of my money for would be YSL False Lash Effect however the hype about this product made me cave in. I'll start with the good point about this mascara and that is the brush, its fabulous! The end of the brush is rounded with smaller teeth so you really can get the smallest lashes that normally you can miss with a regular brush and your lashes really do look longer.
Now for the bad point - the formula of this product is VILE! You really have to apply this product slowly otherwise you will get clumps, also the product feels sticky. You will need to carry around an eyelash comb at all times because if you rub your eye accidentally then your eyelashes will clump together.
The formula of this mascara also makes it an absolute nightmare when removing your make up, it literally doesn't budge and you end up with a build up of mascara on the lashes. The only thing that removed this from my lashes was a good blast in a power shower and vigourous rubbing with my towel - not great for the delicate undereye area!!
I will not be buying this again and would recommend YSL to anyone that wants a high end mascara that gives amazing results. If you want something a little cheaper then you cannot go wrong with Max Faxtor False Effect Mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by hansa4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The first time I wore this, my husband asked if I was wearing a new mascara. (He doesn't comment on my makeup choices, ever). I feel as this should suffice, but I will go into more detail.

I waited to buy this because I didn't want to buy into all of the hype, and felt that the $22 price tag is a little steep. I caved, and I'm glad I did. I typically have to use a waterproof formula if I want my lashes to hold a curl, but this mascara is the first non-waterproof I've found that doesn't kill the curl.

The pigmentation is amazing - jet black, I will absolutely repurchase this!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by evosmalls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm really picky about my mascaras and I've been wanting to try this one. I gave it a shot and it's already been returned. My Voluminous Million Lashes does the same job for $15 cheaper. Will not repurchase. Ever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

I will not repurchase this mascara. The removal process at the end of the day is a little high maintenance for me. It requires a lot of make-up remover; and unfortunately, I noticed an abundance of lashes falling out during the process. It's too bad, because it's a decent mascara. I really like the brush's bristles; the bristles do a great job of grabbing the lashes and coating each individual lash and keeping them separated, without needing to apply coat after coat after coat. It holds an above average curl, delivers very dark, clump-free, neatly separated lashes with decent volume and length. At almost $30 (CAD) for one tube, that's a little steep for the amount of lashes that end up falling out, no matter how gentle I am with the removal.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Stormy27

Oh my gosh!!! This is one of the best mascaras I have tried. I LOVE IT!!!
It does everything it says it can do. I use my eyelash curler and then put two coats of this on. Then my eyelashes look like they came down from heaven. I don't know what else to say. JUST GO TRY IT YOURSELF!:)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by amanymuhsen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay this is probably the best review you'll get. This mascara is AMAZING. Overall, its an amazing mascara. But if you dont know about the 3 month rule, you'll hate it. I had this mascara in december and throughout december, jan, and feb it worked okay. but then it started drying out and getting really ugly on, towards the end of february. so honestly its a good mascara, but its not the mascara you can keep for 5 months..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by klumzyrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It only works well if you put a base mascara like the Tarte lights,camera,lashes! mascara because that mascara gets all the lashes and makes it fuller and longer then the They're real ! will make it darker and they would look like fake eyelashes. This eyelashes makes eyelashes clump together but doesn't make your eyelashes clump.. It's confusing. this is really expensive. i got the mini for $10 and it was so small !

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by AnikaAnswer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay so this mascara is great for parties and special events. I love how this mascara gives thickness and length to my already long lashes. I don't know how it would work on smaller lashes, but I did like this. This does kind of clump a bit, but I put a small coat of another mascara and then apply this and it comes out great.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by pcjo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very dry and clumpy. The only thing nice was that once on the lashes, water did not make it run like most other non-waterproofs but it took a little more effort to remove.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by anhelicaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this mascara! The brush was amazing and got the inner little lashes so well and make my lashes look almost fake. The only problem was that it dried up super fast and wasn't worth the $22. Since I'm a college student on a budget I probably wont repurchase for a while.