October 24, 2014 | 1171 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by mcrish

I've still yet to find a high-end, department store mascara that beats a couple of the AMAZING drugstore ones I've used.

They're Real! has sleek packaging and boasts of all the usual things new mascaras these days boast, but it does a poor job delivering the goods. The formula is just too WET! It's quite black, but because of its wet consistency you can't build up multiple coats without all your lashes bunching together. I like a slightly more tacky, dry formula that allows you to build. This also may be personal preference, but the brush is too long, which causes me to have less control over each stroke. I think this could work at producing editorial-style, long glossy spider-y lashes, but I like fatty, fluffy dense lashes better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by makeupmymind1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all, I would never have bought this because of the heavy price tag BUT, I got this for Christmas so didn't have to worry about the price. tehe;) Now I know what its like, I will definitely repurchase this when its finished.

I have very long upper and lower lashes but as I am blonde haired, the tips of my lashes are blonde too, which makes them look shorter.
This mascara covers my lashes and makes them look their true length.
It does come out very full on lashes if you aren't careful, but the amount is buildable. It literally transforms lashes, and the compliments you get are amazing!

I have got told me eyes are 'unreal' - which is funny because the mascara is called "They're Real!" and also that my eyes look anime etc.

You get it in a cute box and the mascara bottle looks very classy.

Beware: if you only want a very subtle look for eyes, this is not for you. Also, the formula is quite thick, so you have to make sure you wash it all off before bed because even if you leave a tiny bit, in the morning you sometimes wake up with the mascara still on your lashes and panda eyes..

Overall, I love this mascara, and I don't think I'll be buying a different type for a long time:)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by vivcheung

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

There was so much hype about this mascara that I had to give it a go. I have to admit that the brush is fabulous. It's nifty spiked tip works magic on defining the lashes and getting all the tiny hairs on the bottom lash line. The formula itself is quite wet....which creates a huge problem for anyone with poker straight Asian lashes. It will flatten any curl that you've worked in with your lash curler within a nanosecond. In terms of volumizing and lengthening power, it is no where near the result you would get from using only 1 coat of Maybelline's Lashblast. You need at least 2 or even 3 coats to achieve the same. To sum it up, this mascara was not worth its price.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2012 8:55:00 AM More reviews by Misskatemurphy

I had high hopes for this mascara as I had read about it in so many magazines and beauty blogs. Normally the only mascara I would part with 20+ of my money for would be YSL False Lash Effect however the hype about this product made me cave in. I'll start with the good point about this mascara and that is the brush, its fabulous! The end of the brush is rounded with smaller teeth so you really can get the smallest lashes that normally you can miss with a regular brush and your lashes really do look longer.
Now for the bad point - the formula of this product is VILE! You really have to apply this product slowly otherwise you will get clumps, also the product feels sticky. You will need to carry around an eyelash comb at all times because if you rub your eye accidentally then your eyelashes will clump together.
The formula of this mascara also makes it an absolute nightmare when removing your make up, it literally doesn't budge and you end up with a build up of mascara on the lashes. The only thing that removed this from my lashes was a good blast in a power shower and vigourous rubbing with my towel - not great for the delicate undereye area!!
I will not be buying this again and would recommend YSL to anyone that wants a high end mascara that gives amazing results. If you want something a little cheaper then you cannot go wrong with Max Faxtor False Effect Mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by hansa4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The first time I wore this, my husband asked if I was wearing a new mascara. (He doesn't comment on my makeup choices, ever). I feel as this should suffice, but I will go into more detail.

I waited to buy this because I didn't want to buy into all of the hype, and felt that the $22 price tag is a little steep. I caved, and I'm glad I did. I typically have to use a waterproof formula if I want my lashes to hold a curl, but this mascara is the first non-waterproof I've found that doesn't kill the curl.

The pigmentation is amazing - jet black, I will absolutely repurchase this!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by evosmalls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm really picky about my mascaras and I've been wanting to try this one. I gave it a shot and it's already been returned. My Voluminous Million Lashes does the same job for $15 cheaper. Will not repurchase. Ever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

I will not repurchase this mascara. The removal process at the end of the day is a little high maintenance for me. It requires a lot of make-up remover; and unfortunately, I noticed an abundance of lashes falling out during the process. It's too bad, because it's a decent mascara. I really like the brush's bristles; the bristles do a great job of grabbing the lashes and coating each individual lash and keeping them separated, without needing to apply coat after coat after coat. It holds an above average curl, delivers very dark, clump-free, neatly separated lashes with decent volume and length. At almost $30 (CAD) for one tube, that's a little steep for the amount of lashes that end up falling out, no matter how gentle I am with the removal.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Stormy27

Oh my gosh!!! This is one of the best mascaras I have tried. I LOVE IT!!!
It does everything it says it can do. I use my eyelash curler and then put two coats of this on. Then my eyelashes look like they came down from heaven. I don't know what else to say. JUST GO TRY IT YOURSELF!:)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by amanymuhsen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay this is probably the best review you'll get. This mascara is AMAZING. Overall, its an amazing mascara. But if you dont know about the 3 month rule, you'll hate it. I had this mascara in december and throughout december, jan, and feb it worked okay. but then it started drying out and getting really ugly on, towards the end of february. so honestly its a good mascara, but its not the mascara you can keep for 5 months..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by klumzyrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It only works well if you put a base mascara like the Tarte lights,camera,lashes! mascara because that mascara gets all the lashes and makes it fuller and longer then the They're real ! will make it darker and they would look like fake eyelashes. This eyelashes makes eyelashes clump together but doesn't make your eyelashes clump.. It's confusing. this is really expensive. i got the mini for $10 and it was so small !