BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

1989 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. NĀ° 05827/N

on 12/8/2012 1:49:00 PM

Best mascara I have ever used! I've never managed to find one that actually lengthens and seperates my lashes but doesn't smudge or clump. One coat of this is lovely for the daytime or you can layer it up for a full-on nighttime look.

on 12/6/2012 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm so glad I got this sample because of all the hype everywhere I was dying to try this mascara and in the purchase of other things they gave me a travel size one. It's one of the worst mascaras I've ever tried! The brush is ok but is so clumpy and the worst part is that you can't take it off!! I have to use so much eye makeup remover and rubb my eyes so hard that it causes that some of my eyelashes fall! Hated it, I prefer Badgal mascara by far!

on 12/5/2012 1:31:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

It is a decent mascara but can find the same in drugstore. Not worth the money. Separates well for a defined look but there is a Revlon dupe that does same thing. Just meh.

on 12/4/2012 10:19:00 PM

I wanted to LOVE this :( It does give my lashes length and thickness but living in a tropical country (Philippines) it smudges and goes down my undereye! It's such a hassle. Im really disappointed

on 12/4/2012 2:32:00 PM

This mascara really does make my lashes look great, however, so do some other lower priced mascaras. I really like the brush/wand which I believe is the real reason for the great results. The mascara dries very quickly which makes it difficult to go back and add a second coat without having some clumping. I've purchased this mascara 3 times but will probably not purchase it again. I will purchase mascaras with a similar wand/brush.

on 12/4/2012 7:55:00 AM

Ok it's official: I'm a believer.

I liked Bad Gal, but it was far from the "best ever" enthusiasm many others experienced (I love the plum one, though, for its unique colour).

Against the odds, I decided to give this one a try when I am not even through with my first ever Make up Forever Smoky Lash (which is great). Comparing the two, both give me great lashes (mine are relatively long, but stick straight horizontal, they curl up well with a good mascara though). Smoky Lash gives me less volume and length than They're real (it is a great mascara, though), and it is not as consistent in the results - sometimes, I don't get the look quite right when I'm in a hurry.

They're real gives me great lashes when I just pop on a bit. When I'm patient to start from the root and wiggle through many times, they give me - LITERALLY - a fake lash standard of voluminous, curled, long lashes. The result is consistent also weeks after using it (sometimes mascaras have stopped working perfectly on me after a couple of weeks).

The brush is synthetic with spiky pieces, and it has a fancy little "ball end", with spikes also all around. That ball's great for the lower lashes, and also for getting in at the inner corner of the eye, or just for extra volume at the outer end. I loved a L'Oreal mascara that reminisced a torture instrument with it's spiked ball brush some years ago, so this tool comes in really handy if one likes to experiment technically.

Both thumbs up for this Benefit mascara! When they get it right, they're the best!

on 12/3/2012 4:21:00 PM

I found this mascara to be like glue. When you finally dab off all the excess stringy stuff from the wand, it does give a good lengthened and volumised look. Could not use on bottom lashes unless I wanted the Ozzy Osbourne look.

Why is it so sticky? For this price Chanel's Inimitable is a far, far better buy. Also no information on the product to say if it contains fibres. I hate fibre mascaras.

Not that hard to get off, compared to say Kanebo 38 degree. Just let eye makeup remover sit on for a while.

A very genuine black black.

on 12/2/2012 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It works okay, but it's no better than a drugstore mascara. My biggest complaint is that with these types of brushes, it hurts to apply! It scratches my inner eyelid and I don't like that feeling. Applying makeup shouldn't hurt or irritate your eyes.

Mascara is one of those beauty products that people either love or hate..just like fragrance. So, it's really hard to judge if you'll like it based on reviews. However, I'm going to throw my 2 cents into the bucket anyways.
PROS: This makes my eyelashes very long and dark. I can use this on upper/lower lashes and there is no smudging.
CONS: It can be a bear to remove. I use Vaseline (I don't buy into the hype of the evils of Vaseline, it works for me..use what works for you.) It's expensive, I hate spending $23 on a mascara..even if it is awesome.
The wand is unique, it has a little ball on the end that works really well at getting those smaller eyelashes coated and working additional mascara on the outer edge of your lashes. Also, the formula is kind of wet...this means that it easily coats your lashes, but it can clump if you aren't careful. It also didn't hold my curl...which is the kiss of death for a mascara for me.
In the end I'd recommend getting the trial size and giving it a go before you commit to a full tube. Ulta sometimes carries them, so you can try it before you buy it.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I have very long, thick, curled lashes so I maybe I'm not the best person to review this product since any mascara will do the trick for me. However I liked this one much more than my previous mascaras. I think it gives a good separation and above all it makes my lashes more thick. Other mascaras made my lashes longer but I still happy with They're Real.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products