September 22, 2014 | 1028 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by lexxa83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Since the discontinuation of my favorite Maybelline Pure foundation, I've been looking for something else that would provide sheer to moderate coverage, but nothing cakey or overly made up. I chose this foundation because the price was right, and the selection of shades good for those with fair skin and yellow undertones. The shade 120 is a super close match for my natural skin tone, which has been hard to find in other product lines. However, I have normal to combo skin and have found that this foundation doesn't have much staying power, even set with powder. As a result, it looks natural for about the first hour I wear it, only to separate and look blotchy and cakey by mid-day. Hardly a natural look. Overall I would say this isn't a horrible foundation, just not the best one for me so I wont be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by rebelprince

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great colours that are a bit neutral, leaning yellow-toned. I was surprised at the price of this foundation considering that it offered good moderate coverage with a satin-like finish. It wore pretty well, though even with my dry skin, I powdered it so I'd know for sure it wouldn't separate on my nose. It just seemed to have the ability to slide around a bit, but generally, it did stay on very well. I wouldn't say anyone who has combination or oily skin would have the best luck with this as it does have a very satin finish and could exacerbate oiliness. Otherwise, though... great product. I'm impressed!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by forcedorgasm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

what are the benefits/advantages of this make up? yes, it's easy to find your shade, but what is this make up good for? oil control? moisture for dry skin? pretty lame yet a good marketing gimmick. just like l'oreals true match.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by xbebe18x

I really wanted to love this foundation since it was like $6 at Wal Mart.
It has good medium coverage and is buildable.
Unfortunately if you have oily skin please stay away from this product. It broke me out all over my face.. I only changed the foundation step in my everyday routine that day and im pretty sure FIT ME was the cause.
Never again..

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by ThatLadyNextDoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation! I've been wearing it for 3 weeks. So far so good. For NC40 ladies, if you're wondering which color to get, pick 310. It's very similar. Believe or not, I think I'm falling in love the more I use it. I'm a former MAC foundation wearer, but I'm loving this because it doesn't feel heavy and fake. I gives my skin a beautiful glow. I didn't have any problems with it. No allergies, extreme oilies, oxidation, acne, etc. It does what it says. The price is great, but the only thing that needs changing is the top. Maybelline needs to make a pump for it. The price is WONDERFUL! WIll I purchase it again? You betcha!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by mill6389

I have tried a lot of drugstore foundations and have never really liked any from Maybelline. This is one of my favorites so far though, of any brand! I would consider myself to have normal to dry skin, definitely not oily, so I would recommend this to someone like me. The range has a lot of color selections and a lot of the stores put out tester bottles of each so you can try it out first. I ended up going with one of the lightest shades (#115) and it is a great match. The packaging is obviously very sleek and modern and very un-drugstore like which is always a plus! I have to admit, the packaging is what sold me.

For me, I feel like it is medium to full coverage. I tend to use a really creamy concealer first on any spots or discoloration I have, so they are covered up by the time I need to use my foundation. This makes it so I don't have to use as much. My favorite thing to do with this foundation is to pour a little dab out on my hand and then spritz a squirt of Mac's Fix+ on top and use the foundation as a wash over my whole face to even everything out. I think it feels a little more heavy than some foundations I've used, but nothing unbearable. It blends well and has a dewy-ish finish which I love. Overall, definitely worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by kycowart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was pleasantly suprised by this foundation. I bought it on sale at Walgreens when I was in one of my mad searches to find a new foundation. This foundation really delivers- it has a nice creamy texture, but I have found that it is easiest to blend with fingers. It also seems to dry very quickly, so it needs to go on over well moisturized face. I think the finish is lovely- it's does even out the skin tone, but in a very subtle way, so that skin looks smooth and even and does not look like one is wearing makeup. I would say that it is right in the middle of matte and dewy- I don't feel sparkly or oily as I did with Clinique Supermoisture, but I also don't feel dry and tight as I did with DoubleWear Light. The mouth on the glass bottle is kind of wide, but I prefer that to a pump, so the packaging is alright with me. I like this foundation and consider it a nice d/s alternative to MUFE HD. For reference, I'm NC 45 and 320 is a perfect match for me. Luv it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by RoseVie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is light. I use my fingers for application and it is flawless! Looks just like skin. Not greasy. I use shade 220 and it's a perfect match although I can see myself using this shade in the summer when I'm more tan -- or perhaps I might need to purchase a shade darker. I'll see. Overall, I will definitely repurchase.

UPDATE!!!: I don't think I will be repurchasing this foundation. It's not good for combination to oily skin. I want to like this foundation, but you will be an oil slick mess after a few hours .. :( oh well...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by NightOwl96

This stuff is awesome! I saw it at Targetfor $6.99 and I got the shade 135. I was skeptical because I thought it would not have enough coverage. I was totally wrong. This foundation is sheer enough that my skin can breathe through yet it has enough coverage to give me a smooth complexion and it helps reduce the redness on my cheeks. I put a little bit of this foundation under my eyes to help brighten and it is does not sink into the fine lines. This foundation gives me such a natural finish. I love it! Would totally repurchase!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 9:25:00 AM More reviews by VickiD1113

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I saw this foundation priced at $6.86 at my Walmart, I figured why not try it for that price? Had a $1.00 off too. The wrist "shade matcher" in front of the display is worthless, I'll say that right upfront. If you go by that, you'll definitely pick the wrong shade.

I have a light/medium olive skin tone with a slight yellow undertone, so foundations are tricky for me. I tried shade # 220 on my wrist & it matched pretty well in that unflattering fluorescent lighting, so that's the shade I bought.

Yesterday morning I used it for the 1st time, over my Garnier Ultra-Lift Pro moisturizer. First off, this bottle needs a pump--enough said there!! Aside from the pump thing, I liked the way it went on (I use my fingers) & I like the way it blended easily. Coverage was very good in the areas where I have no issues, but I have slight rosacea on my cheeks & it does not cover the redness on it's own very well. Coverage is buildable however, without looking caked on.

It's creamy & easy to apply, shade was a pretty good match for me, it isnt shiney, not greasy, & I had no demarcation lines---at first---but about an hour after I applied it, it oxidized on me. Certain ingredients in moisturizers will cause your foundation to oxidize/turn orange, so I cant blame it on the makeup itself, until I try it with another moisturizer I have.

I do think I need to go one shade darker, as the 220 was a bit light. I will say this, if you have yellow undertones as I do, this shade is a very good choice. I'll buy the next shade up & try that, before I decide if I'll keep either one, or buy it again/continue to use it. I'd like to try the pressed powder as well, to see if that helps with the oxidation issue.

Attention MUA: Please consider leaving a "maybe" as a choice in your drop down menu, when asking us if we'll buy a product again.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No