July 23, 2014 | 1617 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by SamanthaRene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation sucks... First of all I get really pale in the winter, and even the palest shade was a little orangey on me. Second of all, it takes a really long time to dry, feels kind of greasy and rubs off/transfers VERY easily. It also has terrible staying power and can be kind of blotchy, doesn't cover very well and just plain looks like crap on my skin, very obvious I'm wearing makeup, and settles into my young smile lines and pores. WILL NOT BUY AGAIN!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by erinmegs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For the first 3 or so hours, this foundation looks so beautiful. It applies like a dream (I use my fingertips)- very smooth and blends wonderfully. However, after the first couple hours go by, it becomes extremely obvious that I have makeup on, which I don't like. It sets into my skin and exaggerates my pores (I AM wearing primer underneath). It also isn't great on oil control but I don't usually expect liquid foundations to be. Overall, I've definitely tried worse but this just doesn't hold up like I'd like it to. I really do mean it though when I say for the first couple hours it looks gorgeous. Sigh

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by amy212

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this, but I need to stop buying Maybelline foundations. Years ago I was a perfect "nude" but they have since changed the colors and now I am closer to "classic ivory" but it is always on the verge of being orange. I had this same problem with this foundation. The big problem I have with this foundation is that it has a VERY heavy perfume to it which I greatly dislike, and after a few moments it made my face feel irritated, almost like a burning sensation. I have never taken off a foundation so fast! I am sensitive to soaps and skincare, but in general most foundations are fine for me, in terms of a burning feeling, so I was very surprised when this happened. I also did not see that if has a chemical SPF in it, the print was VERY small and I missed it completely, and I did look at the ingredients, Which is my fault because it is there if you look for it. I would never even try on a chemical sunscreen foundation because there is no change I would ever buy it, so I am sorry I waisted my time here.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by hopelessheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I swatched this when I was at Walmart today. I have the color honey beige 310 in the dream smooth mousse. The 310 in fit me was way too light for my skin tone, and the 320 was orangy and gross. My store was out of the 315 so I didn't get to test that out but the color card made it look like it would've been too beige for my skin tone which has more of a yellow undertone. Can't comment about the coverage because I didn't wear it on my whole face but I'm not buying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Tonyabelll

I love this foundation! I have no complaints what so ever, never mind the no pump thingamajigga! The price, quality, packaging and most of all the wear of it is awsome i bought shade 310 along with the powder which seems to be great too. I am normally nc40 for reference and 310 is just perfect. The finish is def dewy or satin very natural looking. love love love

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Jobielee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I love this foundation! I normally avoid wearing foundation because I hate the way it looks most of the time. This new line by maybelline is awesome. I found a perfect math for my skin on the first shot, purely because of the displays. The displays have little tester tubes that you can swatch to see what works for you! It's a medium coverage foundation, for blemishes you might need a concealer. It really evens out my skintone and it doesn't look like I have foundation on. My only complaint about this product is that there is not a pump dispenser, but that's not too big of a deal. Other wise the packaging is very sleek and nice.
I would recommend this foundation for someone who wants a foundation that is light to moderate coverage, natural looking, and relatively inexpensive! I only paid $7.00 for my bottle!

UPDATE 02/07/11

So I really wanted to like this product, the coverage is flawless and made my face look beautiful. Unfortunately it broke me out really really bad. I have never seen my skin this bad, so in the trash it went for me. I know if was this product because it's the only thing that has change in my routine as of late.

UPDATE 02/09/11
I have stopped using this for 2 days now and my skin is already clearing up. With the aid of some Queen Helene might I add...but besides the point. This was most certainly the culprit behind my breakout.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by mschumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

EDIT: The price for this product has gone up $2-3 after I wrote this post. And, after going back to older favourites, I have decided that this foundation really should get 3 lippies instead of 4. Reason: Staying power. That's the key thing with foundations, and while this product has some good coverage, is really slips off in hot weather, or while chasing after a busy toddler! :)

_____________________
Great product! I was at a US Walmart, hoping to grab some Revlon Colorstay, but it was all out. I wandered the aisles and was surprised to find this professional-looking bottle (reminded me of NARS, Chanel, etc) by Maybelline.

Reluctant to get sold by the packaging, I decided to try it anyway, just to see if this could be a cheaper alternative to CS. (It was only $6 US). Turns out, it has good coverage for such a light product. I don't have heavily blemished skin (just uneven skintone, freckles, a few scars) - but the foundation evened out my skintone very naturally. If you're looking for heavier coverage for blemishes, you'll need concealer. It's also easier to remove (just soap and water) than CS, which I need cold cream for.

I actually like the fragrance - reminds me of original Oil of Olay - but those with allergies, etc may want to stay clear of it. The smell is pretty strong.

Summary - I may actually switch over to Fit Me if the price remains fairly low. I'm tired of watching out for sales on CS.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This product came out of nowhere for me. I was in Walmart looking for nail polish and took a tour down the beauty aisle. I had never heard of this, had never see it before in any magazine...anywhere. But the beautiful bottle really hooked me in...THIS is Maybelline??? Before I got too excited, I took out my phone right there in the aisle, went to Google and got onto Makeup Alley to find reviews. At the time, the reviews were around 70% and that was good enough for me. I bought this in #235 - Pure Beige. The bottle is square glass, 1 fl oz and the writing on the bottle reminds me of a NARS product I once used. It really is a very nice looking bottle on your vanity. I have used this foundation for 1 week. I use a sponge to apply foundation because I like a sheerer look and because I don't want my fingers touching my face. I would say this is a medium coverage -- my face looks airbrushed after applying. The color is perfect for my skin and blends right in. I took 1 lippy off because there's no pump...you have to carefully tip some out or you'll waste it. What I do is to shake the bottle first, get some on the sponge and if I need more, I just take a wee bit from what's around the edge of the bottle. Forgot to mention -- spf 18 for those that want sun protection (I do!). I actually very much like this foundation. It wears well and I love the application. And judging from what I see in the stores, this is a winner....I was in both Target and Walmart yesterday and the displays in both were almost bare...people are buying this up! I do recommend.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by westside

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this new foundation! My color is 220 natutal beige. I thought this would be dewy and light coverage, but it works super well for my combo skin. Blends beautifully and lasts all day. I'm impressed that anybody's even releasing a new foundation under eight dollars. I will certainly buy it again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by FedoraJane

FIT me! is a new line from Maybelline that seems to focus on a light, natural look and the finish of the liquid foundation of the line reflects that. Even the packaging, simple and chic, seems to fit this theme and the glass bottle with the simple logo confined only to the cap, looks nice on the dresser.

First, let's get to the positives - the formulation is stellar and breathable. This liquid foundation has a thin but frictionless, soft consistency that makes it comfortable to apply. I had no problems blending it.

The finish here is easily the stand-out feature. It's low-coverage like a TM but does somehow do a really good job of evening out skintone. You will need blemish concealer though!

Also, some have said this is 'dewy' but I think that's a stretch - this isn't nearly 'wet' enough or 'glowy' enough to be called dewy and to do so might deter oily gals from sampling it. Rather, I'd call this finish 'healthy/silky.' Whatever you label it, it's beautiful and easily one of the nicest finishes I've ever seen.

With all this praise, you may be wondering why I'm only giving it 'average' marks. Well, because of the color selection. The two palest shades are way too pinky and this is apparent in the bottle and it only gets more apparent as it oxidizes on the face post-application. You can get away with this in yellow lighting due to the sheerness but in natural light? No way.

If you are MMM, definitely check out this line, otherwise? Pale girls... prepare to be left out. Again. Sigh.

continued >>