April 16, 2014 | 1923 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2008 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Poohbear9796

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Have to add my two cents to this product. I was a loyal user of UDPP, but was always looking for the next best thing. When I was almost out of it, I read all the reviews on SI, and thought that I'd give it a try. I've been using SI for about 6 months, and was satisfied with it at first. I loved that it was way creamier than UDPP and that it seemed to melt onto my lids. I also liked the packaging much better than UDPP. IMO it just doesn't stand up to the quality of UDPP . I have very oily skin and that coupled with all the humidity we've had here in NY these last few days, all I've seen are creases on my lids. No matter the weather, my eyeshadow stayed put with UDPP. If I had any doubts before, this last week made my mind up. Going back to UDPP, and will not be purchasing this again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2008 3:57:00 AM More reviews by covetous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been testing this against UDPP (one on each eye...!) and I don't think it's *quite* as good as UDPP for preventing colour fade, but it's still absolutely wonderful (and the difference is really minimal) - no creasing, excellent lasting power, and fabulous colour payoff on ALL my eyeshadows. And the far superior packaging of the Too Faced version means that this is the one I'll be repurchasing.
The primer is more liquid than UDPP which probably makes it easier to apply, but also means that it separates in the tube so you need to shake it up quite a bit before dispensing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2008 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Jocelyn88

The finish of my e/s is so much better w/ TFSI vs. UDPP. UDPP tends to make things look too "dry" and makes e/s hard to blend, but the TFSI is much better at not making things appear dry (it looks the way e/s is supposed to look). The blendability of shadows w/ TFSI is soooo much better than UDPP. UDPP tends to make my eyelids feel tight, where TFSI does not. UDPP tends to emphasize lines in my eyes (At 28, I do not have a lot, but it seems to make some appear that I don't see without it).

I think if you are younger (teens, early 20s) and tend towards being oilier then maybe you should consider UDPP over TFSI. But if you are getting "older" (mid to late 20s, 30s and on up) then I would strongly urge you to get the TFSI over UDPP.

I have yet to use the TFSI in the middle of summer when I'm outside all day long, but it has been hot and I've done some yardwork w/ it on and nothing budged.

I will repurchase TFSI & will not repurchase UDPP again. TFSI has taken over as my HG eye primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2008 1:34:00 AM More reviews by frenchie_cutay

well im gonna have to say boo on this one- dont get me wrong if UDPP didnt exist I would be satisfied with but its just not as good. Its more gentle ill give you that and some nights getting my shadow off with UD was tough, but with SI I just dont get the staying and intensity as UD. I could tell especially at the end of a 10 hour serving shift and there was hardly any trace of my shadow left. Like I said not terrible but deff had to hit sephora and buy another PP. I might go back and forth depending on the staying power I need that day!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2008 7:21:00 PM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always used UDPP (Urban Decay Primer Potion) and after branching out to new eyeshadow brands I noticed it didn't blend as well. It would always leave harsh lines and I'd always have to pack on more shadows on to my brush just to blend it out. I also have oily lids so I always needed to use a secondary base like MAC Paint Pots just to keep my shadows from fading and creasing :( With Too Faced it makes blending heavenly!!! Plus the staying power is superb! Way better than UDPP! I did a before and after demonstration between UDPP and Too Faced, let's just say Too Faced passed with flying colors! :)

You can find my demo review here: http://ilurvemakeup.blogspot.com/2008/05/demo-udpp-vs-too-faced-shadow-insurance.html

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2008 11:17:00 AM More reviews by FizzyPop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am so impressed with this eyeshadow primer! I have very oily eyelids and didn't think anything could work as well as UDPP but TFSI is even better! Firstly, it comes in a tube rather than an annoyingly shaped and wand applicator and whereas UDPP has a tendency to dry out my eyelids, TFSI is more moisturising. Secondly, it is MUCH easier to blend eyeshadows using TFSI, I find it very difficult to blend when using UDPP as a base! Lastly, the lasting power of TFSI is amazing, I applied my eyeshadow at 7am this morning and it still looks perfect now after 9 hours, no creasing or fading! I love this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2008 10:21:00 AM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this eyeshadow primer b/c Urban Decay's was out of stock at Sephora. I have never used Urban Decay's before, but the SA at Sephora recommended this one as a good replacement. Well, she was right!!! I love this product and I will keep repurchasing it, although, you need so very little of this that one tube will last me forever. First of all, this product is, in my opinion, perfect regardless of whether you wear eyeshadow or not. Even though it's pale skin colour when it comes out of the tube, it goes on clear, or just perfectly slightly tinted so you get that rested no vein look of your eyes, but if you are tanned or use sefl tanners (like I do), it doesn't look chalky or white. I have tried this with my most intense smokey eye look as well as just liner and pencil, and it works regardless of the look! The eyeshadows, liners, highlighters, concealers - everything stays put in place and no creasing. I tend to have greasy eyelids and this mattifies them and keeps them "dry" all day. What I also like about this primer is the consistency when you put it on. Some primers tend to be too thick and pull your eyelids when you are putting them on, but not this one. It goes on very easy, has almost a "silicony" feel to it, yet turns into a perfect mat canvas. I honestly can't say enough good things about this primer, I even use it underneath my eyes occasionally, underneath my concealer, when I need to ensure that my concealer stays PUT and mascara or liner on my lower lids don't smudge or run. Definitely HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2008 10:18:00 AM More reviews by tijanarm

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2008 2:16:00 AM More reviews by airkissed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG eyeshadow primer! Love this stuff to bits. I have oily lids so that made every single shadow that touched my eye crease. Not even MAC Paint Pots were durable enough to use as a base for me. Sine Urban Decay isn't available in Canada, I can't compare the two. The consistency is liquidy and beige. It need a couple second to dry and an even application because it is so easy to miss some spots due to it thin texture. Other than that, this baby is gold. Eyeshadows are still blendable on top of this and vibrant. This makes my eyeshadow last my 8 hr school day, in any type of weather. Def. repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Electrogirl

I have a new HG for eyes, and believe me, I don't say that lightly. My skin is quite oily and eyeshadow would always turn into a greasy, faded mess by mid-afternoon. I considered UDPP when I was in Sephora, but that bottle? Totally inefficient. A couple MUAers recommended Shadow Insurance, so I bought that instead.

Today's test run: Spread a teeny dab on each lid and waited for it to dry. Started in with eyeshadow. I was shocked to see how much better my base shade shows up! When I rubbed my eyes lightly, only a bit of shimmer (courtesy of the Stila I applied as a wash, no doubt) came off. None of the olive or brown I used on the lid and crease budged. As of 3:30, after a nap, my eyeshadow was still in place. No oilies on the lids. Even after a shower, some of my eye color is still in place! Not all of it, but there's still definitely color. Where I put it, not running all over. Wow. This was a short I-gotta-wash-my-hair shower, but still.

Shadow Insurance is now a must-have in my makeup box. Thanks for pointing this gem out to me, MUA!