April 17, 2014 | 1634 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - Long handled Kabuki

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2008 2:24:00 PM More reviews by laurelita

I haven't found a brush that matched the softness of the EM brushes. This brush is super soft, glides on the skin and just feels amazing. I love it. I love how dense these brushes are and the brush guarantee can't be beat. Definitely worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2008 12:02:00 AM More reviews by kat2703

I ADORE this brush! Wonderful quality for the price. It applies my MMU like a dream. I have 2 of these so that if I'm washing one, I can use the other. I don't like a heavy m/u coverage, so for daily foundation I use this brush. The synthetic bristles make it easy to clean as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2008 6:07:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Edited 9/08: I initially liked this less for mineral foundation, and more for powder, because the width of the bristles/brush head is such that you have to be careful not to pick up too much powder with it. However, after using both for a while, and comparing them with powder vs. foundation, that I decided I really like this one more. While it is a wide and dense brush, it has more flexibility and more 'play' to its bristles and thus, doesn't deposit color densely over a small area, like the EM Flat Top Brush can have a tendency to do, even after swirl/tap. More air gets into the bristles and they flex more, allowing the bristles to distribute the powder more evenly and apply it to a larger surface area than the EM Flat Top Brush. Both brushes are really soft, and have high quality handles and bristles, but performance wise, I really like this one more. I will use my Flat Top for problem days where I need targeted coverage or perhaps for mineral primers. I wouldn't repurchase it for mineral foundation, though. This one, I love for foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2008 12:50:00 PM More reviews by chicvintage

I seriously doubt I will every have to buy this again, the quality is amazing for the price you pay! This brush allows for flawless layering of mineral foundations, which is perfect for me. The bristles are soft, never scratchy, unlike other brushes I have tried in the past.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2008 5:42:00 AM More reviews by ellesah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The price is great and the product is great too. It really is soft like they say and it doesnt scratch your skin.
It's also great in creating the perfect base when you use it for your mineral foundation. I love it. I also just ordered another one! But i wish it was black or another coloured handle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2008 4:37:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

I absolutely love this brush. It's so soft. And I haven't had any shedding at all. It's just unbelievably soft. If you're having trouble getting too much product on the brush you might not be tapping enough off. I have to give it a good hard whack on the side of the container, then tap it with my finger a few times to get the excess off. A lot falls off when you do that so it doesn't go on too thick. I find it easy to buff in my makeup with this (though I think you're supposed to use a flat top for that). My makeup looked so natural this morning even I almost forgot I had it on! I LOVE this brush.

Update: I've now had this brush for 4 years and it's still as good as new. I no longer wear mineral foundation (since the style is a sort of dewy fresh look right now), but I do wear a lot of neutralizing powder on my cheeks for redness and and I love using this. I also use it for blush and it's great for that since I'm a total klutz about blush and this helps me not look like a clown.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2008 2:24:00 AM More reviews by EternalKudra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Have to pretty much duplicate my review of the flat top and say that these two brushes are the nicest I've ever owned for MMU. I haven't tried this one for foundation as I've been perfectly happy with the flat top for that, but I imagine it would work great as it's just as soft and feels identical in quality. I use this to dust mint concealer over red patches, to apply finishing powder, and sometimes to give a final buffing over everything if I feel like I need it, and it works great for those things. If someone could only have one brush for minerals, I'd say this one is more versatile; I'm sure the flat top would probably be too much for finishing powder and such.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2008 12:19:00 AM More reviews by ThinkPink2683

I received this brush through a swap, but it would have been well worth the price. It is so soft and dense. It would be great for applying light, medium, or heavy powder foundation. I use it to apply my finishing powder/Natural Reflections Everyday Minerals powder. I like it better than the Bare Escentuals Soft Focus brush. (I've replaced it completely.) I use this brush to buff my makeup on to my skin, blend in my blush, and take away the powdery/overdone look when I go overboard. I can't start the day without the brush!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2008 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Mipmip

This is my favourite brush of all times, application of makeup is so easy with this brush, and it can be used for many different things. I will stock up on this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2008 11:04:00 PM More reviews by ruqayya33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great kabuki brush with synthetic fibers. It's very similar to BE's Soft Focus Brush... just a little thicker/wider and with a shorter and fatter handle. It's very soft and dense. With the proper application technique, I can achieve a sheer to medium coverage. The brush also washes like a dream - I use baby shampoo, once a week and BE's brush cleanser spray after each use - and doesn't shed. - Just wished the handle was a tad bit thinner and an inch longer..... but it's not a detractor for me.