December 19, 2014 | 1509 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by liveitout

This stuff is my favourite. It really has lasted me a long time, you only need to use a little! It's a bit pricey for $25 but it's totally worth it ! Would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 6:33:00 AM More reviews by Makeupfreakes

Love this product it's my HG for highlighting in contouring , I think it leaves a sheer look on the face rather than a glittery look ! I like to use this under my eyes and on my cheek bones before and after foundation and then also on the bridge of my nose after foundation and also on the Cupid's bow ! Then I use bronzer to contour . I like the packaging but I am afraid of dropping it because it's made of glass , it's never leaked or anything though so it's all good :) the price is decent enough could be a little cheaper but what can you do ! All together a great product that I will definetley repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Anjali1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've recently purchased a BeneFit mini-kit which included High Beam. I have to say my expectations were rather high, especially since I have been using a dupe from e.l.f. (Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal) and I was curious how does it compare to the original.

High Beam is less pink than the e.l.f. dupe, it gives a pearly, luminescent, almost colourless glow. It's also more liquid and less dense than the e.l.f. highlighter. Unfortunately, after an hour or so, any trace of it has completely disappeared. The glow is very subtle to begin with, barely noticeable, no matter how much product I apply, and after some time, it's completely gone and matte. I'm extremely disappointed. In comparison, the e.l.f. highlighter offers a visible, buildable glow and resists well during the day, I've received compliments for my glowing skin hours after applying it.

High Beam is also ridiculously expensive for what it provides, and I fear the packaging is quite unpractical. It's a small bottle, but the liquid is quite dense and clings to its walls, thus I imagine that it will be really hard to fully consume the product, since there's no way of getting to the residues on the walls of the bottle.

Overall, I would not purchase this again, I've seen A LOT cheaper highlighters that do a much better job.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by ipekgultekin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I never thought i would say this but this product is the Biggest dissapointment ever. The effect of the the product is gone so quickly! It doesnt stay in my skin. Maybe only stays in half an hour. And also its sooo expensive in here.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by chabelita17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite highlighter! I prefer liquid ones as I find it easier to blend. some have an easier time with powder ones but somehow, using my fingers is better for me. it has a light pink, pearlescent glow that is perfect for your cheekbone. when i'm going for a more natural look, i don't wear any eyeshadow but i use this as a highlight on my browbone and it's just beautiful. i sometimes use it in my inner corners as well though it's more challenging to apply. It's quite expensive though a little does go a long way. i'm now thinking of getting moon beam and sun beam as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Macjunkie101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the subtle, luminous glow it adds to my cheekbones but I wouldn't repurchase this product because I have other highlighters that do a great job as well and I probably won't ever need to repurchase any highlighters considering I have well over 10 highlighters that I haven't even made a dent in. It's kind of just an average highlighter that I am not heads over heels about but I don't dislike it. For the $30.00 I just don't think It's worth it considering there are other highlighters that will last me so much longer and look amazing (Mac MSF's, The Balm Mary-Lou manizer, Nars Copacabana, etc.) Also, It's hard to get every single use out of this highlighter because The way it's packaged.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by sksouthwick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this product a lot, and have used it many times, but its downside is its similarity to NARS Copacabana illuminator. Copacabana has more product in it and is a bit more shimmery than Highbeam, and for me, the squeeze tube is easier to use than the Highbeam brush.

So basically, it's a good highlighter, but not as good as Copacabana.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Kerri8d

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best hifhligter to the cheekbones, and some highlighters, look to dry or powdered(most powders) but this is very beautiful. I love it!!!! But not long lasting at all :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Laurennnuhhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have always heard rave reviews about this product and I have always wanted to try it. My mom found a sample size of it in our storage (don't ask how long it was in there, lol) and gave it to me. I have extremely pale skin so I really wasn't expecting this to show up on my cheek bone but luckily it did. It doesn't really have a color but it has a really nice, glowy, sheen to it. You really have to rub it in quickly or you will be able to tell where you didn't blend that well. It does give my face more definition and brings out my cheek bones but it's really subtle. I will continue to use this until it runs out but I probably wouldn't repurchase because it was the first highlighter I've ever use and I would like to try more.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Christac3698

I received a mini-size of this product in a Benefit kit, and definitely liked it from the get go. I have a powder highlighter and love the sheen and highlight it gives, but after a little while it begins to set into my pores, which is so not a pretty sight. I brought back High Beam, and remembered why I loved it so much. It can be a little tricky applying over foundation, but with the proper blending it gives a very natural highlight. I also like to mix it with my foundation to give a little extra glow from "within". It is on the pricey side, but I feel like for the amount of product you are getting, it is worth the price because of it's versatility. I do like to apply on the bridge of my nose, and right above my lip. Just purchased the standard size from Sephora as my mini is almost out, and will repurchase again if necessary, like I said, you get A LOT of product!