July 22, 2014 | 1959 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by dempsterstreet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OK, I didn't believe all the "it's supermodel in a bottle!!" hype. All the reviews that said High Beam was like light you could paint with. Yeah, right.

Well, it actually is. This stuff is fantastic. It's easy to apply, the colour is beautiful (if girl unicorns painted their nails it would be this colour :-)) It makes a HUGE difference to my general look. Just a few dabs - well blended - really give an extra shot of "Wake Up" juice to your makeup. It really is like painting dabs of light onto your face.
I use: three dots along cheekbones; two dots along bridge of nose; one dot under the high point of each eyebrow, and one tiny dot each at the inner corner of each eye. Then, blend, blend, blend... A little goes a long way, you really only need a few dots, so the bottle should last for ages.

The silvery/pinky tone suits me really well - I normally struggle to find concealers & highlighters that aren't too yellow-toned for me.
The only minus I can think of is the fiddly bottle: it's quite a nice design, but the brush is unwieldy, and also too short to reach down to the absolute bottom - when I get that far, I imagine I'll have to find a way to get the rest out! I think a pot of some kind would be better.
Oh, and a tiny size for travelling would be nice, too....

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Mrsnaz

Gives a lovely pinky highlighted sheen when dotted over cheekbones and blended in. Has a glowy effect. Really brightens the the whole face and makes it look gorge!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by voxpop

The most amazing thing I found about this product was that you need so little that it seems to last forever. I love it on both my cheeks and my eyes and as long as it's not overdone it looks great. I've tested out their other highlighters and cheek tint products but this is my favorite. Also when I'm super tired, mixing a dot in with my foundation works wonders. The only reason I took off packaging marks is because I found the brush kind of useless, I think I would prefer a paddle.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by jli0057

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a gift and I really love it. If I ever run out I would definetly buy more. Obviously it would take me a long time to finish it. Its definitely worth it. But just be careful of putting to much on. I really love this product

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by amkb12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just tried this and I really love it. I have been pretty run down lately so I've been looking quite tired, and this really just brightens up my eyes and face. I love its iridescence. The large size of it at $30 is ridiculous, so I bought it in the "Feelin' Dandy" box for $32 which also comes with blush, lip tint and gloss, and I love all the products. Better value. That being said, I do love this product and would definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by peronce

This is my HG highlighter. I use it everyday and I have tried many!!!!!!!!!
I got a small sample a year ago and still have it, a little goes a long way, it looks very natural and beautiful!
The best product benefit have to offer! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by DNeum

I love high beam! It's more intense than Girl Meets Pearl, which I also love. I usually opt for the travel kit from Sephore, which comes with a mini BeneTint, Posie & High Beam. I don't really use the Posie tint at all, but the smaller, more purse-friendly High Beam and BeneTint make me very very happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by laraxxoxo

I love High Beam!:) It gives my cheeks that instant glow everyday. Just remember to use a light hand or else you'd look too shiny. I would most definitely repurchase this.:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by theopenwindowmaniac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

After looking around the web for several weeks on facial contouring w/ makeup, I began to look for a suitable highlighter. My only other benefit item in the past was dandelion, which is a bubblegum pink blusher with light shimmer. It looks great on pale skin tones.
The way I got my high beam was in benefit's "Legally Bronze" kit. This kit is still for sale at Sephora, and it's $38 for a full size hoola, high beam, BADgal brown mascara, and gilded highlighter pencil. That's a huge bargain for 4 full size benefit products.
I hate being on bandwagons, but I love high beam! It's a perfect pearly pink for my NW15 skin. It definitely adds radiance to the complexion, but it's not even slightly showgirl. No glitter in sight, just a beautiful sheen where you want to draw attention. I've heard people complain about the packaging and how it's unsanitary, but I couldn't care less about that. So if you're someone like me, who is probably the opposite of a germophobe, definitely get this product. Your cheekbones will thank you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Victoriajane89

I live this. Perfect to highlight areas and can be used under or over make up. I use this under the bowline above the cheekbone. The packaging is great, easy to apply with the nail varnish style brush. Best used dabbed on rather than swiped.

Price is ok for this product and it does last. Will definitely repeat buying!