April 20, 2014 | 1001 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by voxpop

I would buy this product again if I wanted simply to stick to something I was familiar with, but honestly it wasn't special. The formula seemed the same as every other covergirl mascara I've tried and while I like the brush, I have used many others that I prefer. I don't have any real problems with it, but it's not something I can get excited about.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by antheapetra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only product that really fulfills what I look for in a mascara. It's all I've stuck to in it at least the last 2 years. If you're after volume, length, little to no smudging and great staying power, this definitely comes through with the goods! I have reasonably long and curled but thin-ish/not very full lashes. This is the only mascara I've tried that gives me the appearance of more lashes/thickness (and I've tried quite a few drug store brand mascaras - I don't bother with expensive ones since finding this gem). When I first started using make up I was pretty dedicated to Maybelline Great Lash, however this wins easily in terms of being less wet/smudgy and creating WAY more volume. It's also very build-able. I can't really think of any limitations for this product and am surprised at any negative comments. I can only put these down to application method and personal taste in terms of lash appearance. Will be re-purchasing forever!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by belle169

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was initially a little skeptical about trying LashBlast Volume when I read the reviews on here; after all, despite the huge hype surrounding this mascara there are quite a number of unimpressed reviews, and the overall rating isn't that high. However, I am happy to say, for me this mascara has lived up to the hype. :)
I have quite mediocre lashes: not particularly long, dark or full, although not awful either. I personally can't stand mascaras that lengthen beautifully but give off the effect of about three lashes altogether, so a volumising effect is a must for me.
On me, LashBlast gives great volume, and, surprisingly, a lot of length as well. The formula works really well for me: it's not too wet, so it doesn't just stick my lashes together, but neither is it so dry that it's hard to apply. I hate clumpy lashes, so this is perfect. Overall, with one to two coats, I am left with full, dark, luscious (love that word in regard to eyelashes! :P) lashes that stay reasonably curled all day. I don't experience any smudging, which is great, although occasionally I get a tiny bit of flaking if I've applied more than a couple of coats.
The wand is large, yes, but I think it's the reason that this mascara works so well. I do get a bit irritated about how wide it is at the end; making it awkward to reach the very inner lashes, but overall it's something that isn't impossible to work with.
I don't have any problems with removing it at the end of the day: I just gently use some warm water on a cloth, which gets off the majority of it, and then, to avoid rubbing the last bit off, I use either a little EVOO or even just my regular cleanser (being careful not to get it in my eyes, obviously!).

I'm taking off one star just because of the occasional flaking issue and the non-tapered wand issue, but neither of those issues are a really huge deal for me.

LashBlast has made me love wearing mascara, and I can definitely see myself repurchasing in the future. I'll probably try something else out next, just because I only ever have one mascara on the go at a time and I like to try out new things occasionally, but I doubt I'll find anything else better than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this mascara in the waterproof version and I must say this is the most waterproof- smudge proof, tear proof, rub your eyes proof, I put this on went swimming all day went to bed woke up and my mascara was still perfect proof mascara I have ever tried! lol I am telling you this will not move anywhere once it has dried. I can see this coming in handy for bridal makeup or special occasions, but definitely not for daily use. It is too difficult to take off, and if you do manage to get it off you end up pulling out some of your eyelashes even with eye makeup remover. As far as how this mascara applies, It is very build able with minimal clumping. Leaves lashes feeling very hard. It is a very good product if you are looking for something that will stay on. I will absolutely repurchase this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Somesimplegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Im not someone who wants 3ft long fake lashes. I want to have the appearance of thick, dark black lashes. I have very thin frail lashes and this mascara is perfect for me! I am In love! (:

Will DEFINITELY buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

Mascara and eyeliner are the two makeup products that I think you can buy for $7 or $50 and either way they are going to do the same thing. I really love Cover Girl's Last Blast Mascara because it truly does give me fuller looking lashes. For a normal day look i generally will do 2 coats and for a smokey eye night look I can build on the fullness and create a sexy smokey eye creation. The price is great for the product, it lasts for a few months and does not irritate my eyes (I wear contacts). I will buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

this was a gift from my friend, but after seeing the reviews i had doubts. so i tried this carefully and i actually like it :D
it give good volume and i just stroke it quicky to avoid clumps and since i got the brown one, it looks natural but yet still nice :p

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by miranorris

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had really high hopes for this mascara from all the reviews on youtube and i must say i was pretty disappointed.

If you're looking for a mascara to give you dramatic/thick/long lashes, do not even think of getting this! This formula is really light, it doesn't hold a curl and quite honestly it didn't lengthen my lashes that much. if you asked me, i couldn't notice that much of a difference having it on or not.

I had the waterproof version but it did smudge pretty easily. So i was pretty wary with rubbing my eyes or even touching it a little.

A few good things about it is the price, the fact that it doesn't clump that much and it doesn't make your eyelash 'crispy'.

Although i didn't like it, that is just my opinion. But i would though, recommend it to those of you who are looking for a really lightweight mascara or if you already have crazy long lashes and you're looking for something to just darken them then this is for you!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Karina9455

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my second tube of this , the first time I bought it I was just starting with makeup and this would clump up like crazy ! And it would not hold a curl ! But I decided to give it another shot and bought it again . I have Tried it so many different ways but this just didn't work I literally curl my eyelashes 4-6 times and it makes my eyelashes drop back down ! & my eyelashes can keep a curl very well . Overall I don't recommend this and if you have hard to curl lashes then definitely stay away from this !

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by mrinal96

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara! It is one of my all-time faves! It makes my lashes look thick, long and beautiful. The brush separates them really well. The brush is SLIGHTLY pokey though ... you can get hurt if you're not careful but it's not something that I seemed to mind after using the product. The formula is GREAT! and I would DEFINATELY recommend this to EVERYONE :)