Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliners

3.4

on 8/21/2009 8:02:00 PM

I bought this eyeliner on a whim at kroger because it was selling for $2 (haha). I got it in "plum velvet" which is a nice shade of brownish purple. i find that i have been reaching for this instead of my normal black mascaras lately, because it looks much nicer on my dark brown eyes than black mascara. it looks more natural, and not very dramatic (which is good for everyday wear). I don't experience too much smudging, but i do have to apply this a couple times a day because it fades. also, i lines my eyes on my bottom lash line, so i don't really know how well this works for the top lash line!
i haven't tried the other colors, so i can't review the entire line. the plum velvet color is a sure winner, though.

An ok eyeliner. I have this in espresso and it is a nice brown color for everyday wear. Lasts all day but is kind of difficult to apply and doesn't smudge very easily. It lasts awhile and comes with a smudger on the opposite end. Nothing special but I don't hate it either. Good price so I would probably repurchase for that reason and that it seems to last all day on my oily lids.

on 8/18/2009 8:53:00 PM

I have repurchased the same color three times now. The color grey khaki is a really pretty neutral. I find myself reaching for this color at least twice a week. It is more interesting than black or brown. It really brings out the hazel in my brown eyes.

on 8/18/2009 8:37:00 PM

Personally, I really didn't like this eyeliner. It totally skipped and look sloppy. It was really hard to apply and once you do apply it, it looks like you put it on when you were in a car.

So, I bought Cover Girl Outlast Smoothwear All Day Eyeliner.
It is sooo great I love it. It's perfect, and it does the exact opposite of Perfect Point.

on 8/17/2009 12:04:00 PM

I've used this for about 10 years now, and wear it every day. Yes it fades, especially on the waterline. And the smudging end is too hard on my skin, removing the eyeliner rather than smudging it. BUT, it's really easy to apply with minimum fuss, and is fairly cheap. Also, unlike other automatic pencils it has a flat, round nib so if you tilt it you can usually find a sharper or a blunter edge for thin/thick lines as required.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I've been using this everyday for over a year and I just got my 2nd one not too long ago. I don't use this as often anymore, but I never had a problem with smudging like others (unless I slept with it on of course). Will repurchase

on 8/12/2009 7:24:00 PM

I like self sharpening. And that's it about this product.

It smudges and fades faster than the non-waterproof automatic liner and I thought this was supposed to be waterproof.

Edit: It stays better with a brown eyeshadow drawn over it.

on 8/11/2009 7:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I am such a fan! I have been using this for at least 5 years now! My mom introduced me and I am hooked! All the colors look great. They don't smudge, go on smoothly. I have tried a few others but the crayon point on this is the greatest. I am addicted to Onyx especially. I am an eyeliner-aholic and this is the ONLY brand/type I will buy.

on 7/9/2009 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got this as a freebie with my Lash Blast purchase. Good thing it was free. Flaked like mad - actually wound up with liner specks under my eyes which then smeared. Kohl liners don't particle that bad. 1/2 way through the day - it had smeared. Badly. NOT a product that would make me go back to traditional pencil liner.

on 7/3/2009 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Total impulse buy while waiting in the checkout line at Target. I very rarely buy drugstore makeup, and definitely never without hearing rave reviews about it online first since you can't try it out in the store. However, for some reason this caught my eye and looked promising. I'm surprised this has as high a rating as it does. I don't like it at all. I usually use eyeliner only on my inner rims, and this was really hard to get to show up there. It definitely didn't glide on, and maybe I got a bad one or something, but I didn't find it creamy at all. Once I was able to get it to show up somewhat (it never actually became opaque) it faded within half an hour and smudged all over my lower lashline. I thought it might be something useful to throw in my makeup bag in my purse for emergencies, but the packaging is so cheap that the cap broke within a few days, and I don't throw my bag around or anything. If you are looking for a good drugstore eyeliner, spend the extra two bucks and buy Revlon Colorstay, which is amazing and better than most high end eyeliners.